It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A View of the Entire Universe- The Mandelbrot Set

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
You dont need to get anyone else on board, convince anyone, change anyone, get others to agree, or to understand. What "others" could there be? What else could you be looking at but your own reflection either on larger or smaller scale?

Unity doesn't imply changing anyone's mind. Why would anyone assume that? For myself it is about joining with like-minded people. Why would anyone resist the idea of like-minded people coming together? I certainly don't care to change anyone's mind, first and foremost because it simply isn't possible. People understand things as they do, and that is all. But I believe there is something to be said for transforming philosophy into a practical way of living. And on a practical level, I believe we could use some work. It is to the greater good that we work together. That's why I signed up at ATS in the first place.

This isn't to say that I don't agree with you. I do, wholeheartedly in fact. Change begins with self. But after a certain point there is nowhere to go but outward. I believe that's part of the point. And while there are those who exist to deny humanity a common goal, such as simply living in peace with each other, all of our well-being is potentially threatened. For some the potential even becomes a reality.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
amazing thread! I will definitely read it through when I get home later!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

This has been a thought provoking thread! Humanity must understand we are all one; there is no separation between anyone,only those it's just an illusion in the minds of those filled with fear and greed. Anything divided against itslef = 0. Self-division creates a negetaive vortex sucking everthing out to be respun. , thus inducing instability and re-creation at the same time. This applies to ALL levels large or small. Regardless from whence we came, or to where are are going, that is up to us, it all starts with attitude. I am beaming my love out for all of the universe and all of its life, let us not limit ourselves with any kind of preconceived stereotype or bias. LOVE IS ALL THERE IS and love is HUGE. Have a beautiful day everyone, pass love on - and remember it's much easier said than done. Keep fighting the good fight for love and for light. It makes a difference. Shine on for the all!! in which we ARE. Let our every action and reaction be inspired by love. Love transmutes everything back to itself.......

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have allways ben intrigues by the Mandlebrot set and fractal geometry. Im not a math wiz but it seems to me there is more there than meets the eye, or brain.The fact that it goes on for infinity is not new in math but the complexity of it is if Im not mistaken.
If it turns out its just realy cool math, well then its nice to have around to go with Pink Floyd music.
Thank you for the interesting thread.
tom

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
These are pretty pictures but it's unwise to and false to say that it is a picture of the entire universe.

As for everyone wanting peace and love and unity, I am all for that, I just tend to go for the truth instead of using pretty pictures that grab my attention and others.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalon Child

If you want love, unity and peace then don't create division and battles through "light and dark", they're both equally as important and equally as beautiful. If it wasn't for dark, light wouldn't have meaning and conversed. If it wasn't for dark then the shade on a hot day under a tree wouldn't be appreciated, or the bright morning sun after a cool rainy night.

If you want absolute unity then you must stop creating division within us and learn to appreciate and accept everything for what it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I guess my question is this: How did someone get outside of the Universe to take that picture? How do we know this is what the universe looks like? Was this a computer generated image of what someone imagines the universe looks like? If so, chalk this up to one of millions of hypothesis out there on what the structure of the universe is.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You are trying to express an analogy. Not an actual visual representation. Glad to see you are interested in this.

The fractal math Mandelbrot set is a way of understanding the way matter and energy organize. The universe is also Holographic.

The universe consists of a series of spiral bodies of diminishing size, each made in turn by plasma ejection and molded by a spatial Coriolis effect: a rotating fractal universe.

That quote is from a site that if you really want to explore the concept in a correct context, is the best on-line educational presentation I've found.

FractalUniverse.Org
Grab a cup of (your drink choice here), sit in a comfortable (your comfy chair choice here), and go though the presentation.

There is much more to this than you can express here. While the universe is well beyond our understanding still, this explains some of the actual characteristics we can observe to better understand.

Also if you want to play with fractals yourself, here is a freeware application you can download to have fun, make art and animations like you have seen here.

Fractal Explorer

Have fun, make art, understand the universe better!

ZG

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

Unity doesn't imply changing anyone's mind. Why would anyone assume that? For myself it is about joining with like-minded people. Why would anyone resist the idea of like-minded people coming together?

If you come together with like minded people, doesnt that assume there are those who are of dissimilar mind?

So, in the creation of unity is not its opposite also created?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Matter can neither be created, nor destroyed, it simply “is”. Potential is it’s Impetus.

Matter continually generates itself in infinite finite cycles.
Infinite finite cycles can be compared to running computer generated scenarios to gather data or test hypothesis (cause and effect, effect and cause). Once the scenario has concluded, the gathered data must then be analyzed. For the next cycle, the data is updated and new scenarios are explored, based on previous observations. Adequate time is needed to analyze data between cycles, as the possibilities of interpretation of the data follow the same law. The time frames are pro-rata. How big or how small is irrelevant to me, it is, we are.

It has been said: Less is More.
Question your intention.
Leave emotion out of reaction.
Erase Fear
Fear is biased by Ignorance
Ignorance is biased by Fear.
Hate is love corrupted.
Love is hate conquered.
Light is inhalation.
Darkness is exhalation.
Light is activity.
Darkness is inactivity.
Everything is.
Everything isn’t.
Duality is the nature of our plane of existence.
Power is balance, it obliterates duality.
Balance allows us to pursue the next level.
Always the goal recedes the seeker.
Always the goal precedes the seeker.
Humility is that realized.
One who knows – knows that.
Honor is embellished by courage;
Courage is freedom, freedom “is”
Courage is Honor enacted
Nothing is right
Nothing is wrong
Everything is right
Everything is wrong
Every truth is but a half truth
To be defined, you must define by substance and it’s lack there of
Defined by all that you are and all that you are not,
Fine lines divide
Opposites are just alternative interpretations.
Passion demands acceptance;
Acceptance befuddled by passion is prejudiced
Interference is imminent, transmutation is the remedy.
In our plane of existence, our limited cognitive awareness, or anticipation of the things that are, or were or will be or as we perceive them to be, or who they were or who they will be-we create distraction pleading ignorance to universal truth ….merely because we cannot wrap our minds around it. but strive strive strive, up up up
EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE. Universal law. Resistance is the upsetting force. Balance solidifies…. Love is the balance,
I don't know where this came from, i just picked up the pen and it fell out, my disclaimer. haha, i have no proof of what i said but I feel it makes sense......SHINE EVERYONE. Love and Light to the All.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I know this isn't directed at me, but I want to reply.

Yeah, this is true. I see people attempt to create "groups of individuals" but all they're really doing is creating an individual group that will then be among other individual groups consisting of individuals.

However, beyond all of that is a unity of material interconnection. There is no material disconnect, the physical reality of this existence is that we are all truly united whether our minds accept it or not, we all effect one another through the physical. We don't have to create a group of individuals to express this, the only thing we all need is the truth, we don't need any groups and we don't even really have individuality, we're all as the illusion of individual creature consciousness through our individual sensory reception and perception and simply the result and the actual Being of one eternal happening of action and reaction, thus a thoughtless perpetual interaction of elements. Our ability to ponder possibilities of what could have or what could not have through what we receive through our sensory receptions gives us the illusion of choice and free will, but truly we are all enslaved to the limited "choices" of the physical existence.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If you turn the 1st image on it's side it looks like a head and body representation (as in if you draw 2 circles) with 4 angles - one on the head, one at the chest and one on either shoulder (God vs. Devil ??:lol

I am not making fun of the post as I too believe that we are Gods, I'm sure it is in the bible somewhere 'Are Ye Not Gods?' and I think sometimes what if existance is like a pyramid or like a russian doll as in we are the smallest one but a part of the bigger whole, and the bigger whole, and the bigger whole etc. and if you look at the next level up from us you would see a form similar to our own but it may contain the entire universe inside, perhaps Pluto as it's lungs, Saturn as it's kidneys, Uranus as....
sorry I just couldn't resist that one, but all joking aside wouldn't that be amazing, if the whole of the universe is actually contained within another great body that we couldn't even begin to imagine. IMO we are all connected and we just can't accept it, as if we did there would be no divide and conquer, no racism, no killing - would you cut your own hand off ? No, then why would we kill another intricate part (person) that sustains the whole.

What if there are smaller universes again that we cannot image contained within ourselves, what if the purpose of our individual bodies is more than just as a vehicle to carry our soul around in ? What if due to negative thinking those smaller universes are in a much worse state than we experience outwardly imagine how bad it would be to dwell there.

Far fetched I know but amazing to let your mind wonder just the same.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

Unity doesn't imply changing anyone's mind. Why would anyone assume that? For myself it is about joining with like-minded people. Why would anyone resist the idea of like-minded people coming together?

If you come together with like minded people, doesnt that assume there are those who are of dissimilar mind?

Isn't it obvious that minds are dissimilar? How else could we be having a discussion of such? The opposite exists by nature, not through any specific creation. And while from a particular point of view opposition is an illusion, it is the interpretation of the illusion that we live in. Which is the point of view I'm speaking from right now.

If I were a completely self-sufficient organism, with no need of any outside assistance, then simply being would be practical. I wouldn't need to concern myself with the doing, thinking, being of others. As it is, I am not. And don't know anyone who is. So it is in my best interests to seek out those who are willing to work with me.

Here's a true and practical example. When I was 19 years old, I was beaten by five men for being a perceived homosexual, while having done nothing more than exercise my free will to walk down the street. Had I the unity of like-minded friends with me at the time, perhaps I wouldn't have suffered so badly. As it was, the fact that I was alone is what made me a more tempting target. And I would say these were truly minds dissimilar from mine, as I have never considered such an act, and never will.

I understand and believe the philosophy, but I see it as useless if we can't translate it into practical existence.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Interesting story, when I was younger (like 14 ish) I used to think alot by myself. I eventually started to think that everything is just a smaller version or a bigger version of something else. Atoms = solar systems, solar systems (probably)= galactic systems. So on so forth. I was thinking about this and then I found the Mandelbrot and I was stunned because I was like, "Wow, I was right." It was nice.

Anyway this type of thing has been known about for a long time, as above so below.

Anybody?
en.wikipedia.org...
Book of hermes ftw?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I watched the Mandlebrot video when it was first broadcast on (I think) NOVA. I found it very intriguing and it was what originally led me to believe, as I now do, as the OP believes, to some degree.

I don't necessarily think that God is every individual and every individual is God, but I think some truth can be found in that philosophy. It would seem that life has an infinite number of dualities that rule it. Light and Dark. True and False. Good and Bad. Life and Death. Each cannot exist without the other.

As space and time are infinite, I believe the existence of matter pertaining to both of these anomalies is infinite as well. If we were to travel to the edge of the Universe (meaning: the edge of the expanding galaxies) we'd see nothingness or blackness. No galaxies outside of this sphere that we understand to be our Universe. Of course, we're only now beginning to understand that even this "nothingness" is actually matter. But, if we were to travel farther and farther out, eventually we'd see that what we know as our Universe is only one of multiple Universes or a Multiverse, which in turn forms sub-quark constituents, that make up some of the smallest particles known to man - namely: quarks. Quarks are the building blocks of protons, neutrons and electron, which are the building blocks of atoms. In this theory, matter makes up the Universe as the Universe makes up matter and one cannot exits without the other.

Infinitely is a complex concept that's very difficult for the human mind to grasp.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks to all for posting your thoughts. I had no doubt that this would be one of the most fascinating threads to grace ATS. So I would like to address a couple things that have been mentioned so far.

Good vs. Evil

Though a lot of us recognize that there is good and evil in this world, there is a balance. Though a lot of us would like to presume that we serve a greater good, I tend to agree. It seems though that every 3,600 years or so that the world is consumed and controlled by darker forces. This may be a smaller group of individuals who seem to rebel against God and creation.

Today it seems that the 1% of the wealthiest people on earth wish to control the population and inherit the earth as well as its peoples labor to accomplish this. They use weapons like mind control, religion, gold, drugs, food and oil against the entire population.

Rebelling against God is greed and tends to make these people think that they can have it all. With all the destruction going on, the killing, controlling the weather, spreading of deadly viruses and pollution we should all know that the earth is also a living being that relies on a support system, a biological support system to survive. She is sick because mankind has been tricked into bighting the hand that feeds.

If one coral reef dies, all life around it will die.

So in essence not only is the earth sick but the people are sick because we all rely on her for food, water and basically any essential thing that gives us life.

By uniting together for this common purpose we can protect her and by all reasons we have every reason to. For she is our home and gives us life. If the earth is sick with a virus she will fight it off. Think of the earth as a human body with the flu and we as individuals are the white blood cells who are responsible for isolating the virus (which is currently gaining momentum) and destroying it. For if the earth gets better, we all get better.

So the problem we have is the powerful and greedy wish to consume the good that is in the earth and what would be left for them if they were successful in their quest? Nothing good because life would eventually die and then they would begin to feed and consume on each other until there was nothing left to survive.

This has happened throughout history. There is nothing to fear though. Because if we make it through this we evolve and become immune to the virus, like the human body does when it gets the flu or a cold.

In any case this all powerful and wealthy 1% has fought against God, because they have been fooled into thinking that they can survive and keep this world for themselves. Through all my years of research I have come to this one realization. They can not.

We all depend on each other and mother earth to survive. We must unite and fight against this very small but all consuming and powerful virus that wishes to kill us. We are also approaching the 0 count on the Mayan Calendar which this model also seems to indicate. For after that there may be a small amount of evil left in the world which will most likely gain momentum and strength once again over time.

However once we isolate and immunize ourselves from this virus that is currently affecting us all, there will be 1,000 years of peace on earth and it belongs to us, not the virus that wishes to destroy life and impose their will against God. So you see there is good and evil, but there is also a balance and that is what this model represents.

The other point I want to make about this 1% is that they are all in relation to each other and have sought to rule over the entire world since the dawn of mankind and every 3,600 sun spot cycle has proved them to be unsuccessful. They are very well aware of this model, golden ratio and sacred geometry and has used it as a weapon against mankind as well as money and religion upon many other things to use this knowledge against us in order to insure their own survival as a disease. What we have to do now is unite together and reject their lies and reject their way of life and the things they have planned for us.

Knowledge is power. Now you know.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
how does the rest of this hustle work, i think i used to have a t shirt like that back in the 70s.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For no good reason I transposed an image of Metatron's Cube over the fractal image turned sideways. I don't read anything into it, but I thought it made for an interesting picture. Note: I stretched the fractal for aesthetic purposes, which had little effect on the image.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

That's Brilliant!!!

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just came across this thread and tried to read all the responses, so please excuse me if this has been mentioned and I accidentally overlooked it...

Has anyone here watched the Nassim Haramein videos on Google? There are like 3 thread dealing with different aspects of his "holo-fractal-graphic" theory, but not much else avaliable through any other site. If nothing else, it is well worth the two 4 hour videos for people interrested in fractal universe theories.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join