It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A View of the Entire Universe- The Mandelbrot Set

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
awesome post.

my vibes on it.....
everything is bigger than us
everthing is smaller than us
everything is relative
nothing is right
nothing is wrong
we are
and have to chose our path

LET IT BE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE HIGHEST VIBRATIONAL CURE-ALL!! TRUTH speaks for itself, voluminiously to the silent.... to the aware..... the false undermines itself through its' guilty vibrarions............... when you serve yourself, you have only yourself, when you serve others selflessly, the universe supports your love efforts as it upholds the all .....

RID OURSELVES OF EMOTION AND DRAMA..... LET LOVE BE THE VIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IS UNIVERSAL
AND REVOLUTIONARY, ABOLISH FEAR, EMBRACE LOVE SEND LOVE AROUND
TO DREAM IS TO BE

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
When looking at a fractal such as the mandelbrot set, we have no idea which "level" we are looking at.

In mathematical terms, they are infinitely subdividing into these levels.
It is a beautiful representation of the eternity of the universe.

The first thought I had was that when many different sources talk of a paradigm shift, or a change into another dimension... perhaps they are really talking about a moving up of a level through the fractal that is the universe.

Very nice thread

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

OMG and wow!!

for teh last month i have been thinking about the universe in this exact way, i will elaborate .

one day, abotu a month ago, i had just got out of the bath, it was still full of bubbles while draining away, not big ones, just hundreds of small ones. I noticed that every bubble seemed to rotate round another bubble, and bubbles round that bubbles, and they all rotated round the plug hole. (my bath does not dran very fast at all, so water does not go right down the plug, it more orbits it)

that got me thinking, everythgin we know of in the universe revolves around somethgin else, with somethgin revolving round that ect... electrons revolve round protons, the planets revolve round their sin, teh sun revolves round the galaxy, the galaxy revolves round a black hole and so on and so on, which made me see that everything revolves round something revolves round something else..

this picture sums up exactly what i though!! i love it!.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Thank you OP for posting these.

Fractal reality explains a lot in our experience, especially the way time seems to be folded, and Quantum effects affecting seemingly Past events on a mechanistic scale.

I have mentioned elsewhere that many years ago I worked within the Pychiatric field. One of my fellow collegues at the time showed me information she had been shown (no source im sorry).

It was in relation to enfoldment or the entire universe being in each of us. An medical Dr who worked in the USA like others left behind the mechanistic veiw of medicine, and studied much with the Kahuna's of Hawaii, and some native shamans in the America's.

He was then years later after becoming almost hermit like studying, contacted by a previous collegue, who was still working at the Sanitorium (UK Europe name Pschiatric Hospital) wher they worked together years ago.

During the conversation she mentioned how bad things had gotten for some of the long term residents, that the Now Hermit Dr Shaman had worked with too years ago. She mentioned that the episodes of pschosis etc were getting worse, and some of the staff were getting ill as well as overworked and the level of support needed by these clients.

He said at the end of their yearly contact conversation, after talking about other things "Dont worry give me a few weeks to heal my illness, all will be well soon"

His friend taking no real notice of this, thought he was just being "Far Out" and "Mystical" like he had been seen going on his spiritual quest years ago.

He was then observed, and talked about to a "apprentice" of sorts he had that he had to now work very hard to "Find the Cause" first, of the troubles at the sanitorium, but "within himself" and then "heal" that part of himself, bring it "back in balance" to help those at the sanitorium he used to have as clients.

Well amazingly some 6-8 weeks later the very powerful Anti psychosis medication for most of the really troubled clients was removed, or only given now on a PRN basis not daily, (forced on client when behaviour gets very violent), and two of the long standing clients stopped their increasingly more bizarre hallucination's

I wish I had still the source for you guys, my friend came across the info helping out an Intern who was just starting their training, and was looking into placebo or suggestive approaches to psychotherapy, and they had pulled this info to show that the act of suggestion/placebo can be effective even when the patiant/client is unaware of it, she was trying to see if the expectationof the freind of the dr/shaman, and her telling the collegues would have created the "expectation" for the improvements.

This whole area is fascinating, and it seems that there is much to this. if you look at Reflexology, EFT, Accupunture etc you will see the same type of fractal representation.

Good Post Op thanks for the update I had not seen those pictures of the entire Universe.

I strongly recommend anyone who finds this area fascinating to get hold of "Nature's Chaos" a wonderful book by ... mmm Block I believe, maybe Kahn.

Anyhow it shows how these fractal patterns and order symetry arises naturally out of nature in scenes such as woods, the sky, fields , ice sheets etc. this part of reality is all around us but we often dont notice, and indeed seems to be the main template or writing pad that nature uses as its basis.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think I know what you're saying.
I'm sure reality is probably somewhere along the lines of this.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
i love the first picture, it makes me feel alive

just to add that it is really easy to get to perceive those by ourselves :

[SNIP]

but the best way remain by far meditation,
once the mind is quiet it appears
it is everywhere, all the same and One beauty

Mod edit: Removed drug reference.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
See 2e.) Illegal Activity.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I'm sorry but i don't believe this fratel set stuff one bit! Nor do i believe in the dumbass parrallel unaverse crap either.

I think that we are all the same but yet completely unique, and that they're is no other one like you or i in the universe! No two trees, no two rocks, no two beings , no two creatures, no two planets the same! Similar yes! Identical no!

Thats what makes this planet, galaxy, UNIVERSE beutiful and amazing! Not some infinite exact phsycodelic replication process that is tottally illogical and probably thaught up by some '___' induced fantasy of a 1960's colledge professer!

The uniqueness of every individual creature and thing on every planet is what is complex, amazing and beutiful, so many so similar, but no two the same!

That is the brilliance of this vast universe, not no simple divine copy machine, for that would be a bore and cause stagnation and therefore the end of all things would soon truely follow! PEACE!
devil

P.S. we are not all God! How dare you! HAHA! You are too deep for me 21.12.20.24 whatever, you whant some answers, go camping, go fishing, be one with nature and drink a cold one or ten while your at it! That's what makes me feel spiritual

[edit on 14-10-2008 by damdevildog]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by damdevildog]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I've only read the original post, normally I do read the other posts but I felt such a strong need to reply that I didn't read the others this time.

OP thank you for posting this. I knew about the Mandelbrot Set and share the same insight that you came to last night!

It's very rare for me to run into someone that feels the same on this. If you mention to people that we are God, than you often get angry or sad responses. However they are people who still need to get their Mandelbrot experience (although the same insight can come otherwise too of course) and we are also them so.... can't hate them for that. It's just very nice to see someone who feels the same!

Thanks again for posting!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The SDSS, Sloan Digital Sky Survey mapped out over 200,000 galaxies in the 3D universe. what they found is that the galaxies tend to cluster up in certain points and be very sparse in other points. Almost as if they are gathering around the edge of invisible bubbles..

When I saw the images of of the Mandelbrot Set it reminded me of this.

Interesting Stuff

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm calling BS on this one, me are not gods, we are human beings, we are finite, but our spirits are eternal (not to be confused with infinite).

Our knowledge is limited by the container that we store it in.

If you are a god like you claim, do some god like feats, of course you can't and you will make some excuse as to why you can't.

But seriously, you and I and everyone else here are not gods, there is only ONE God He is infinite and beyond our comprehension.

Also if we were in a "Mandelbrot" fractal universe, then the would be perfect symetry, however I believe that there are more fractals that are at work, like Perlin noise ect.

Take the program Terragen 2.0 (TG2) it is a program on which you can create a whole solar system and be able to zoom in on one tiny pebble on a planet, it uses multiple fractals to create the details.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Golden ratio in technicolour! I like this. A lot. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Google Video Link

Fractals-The Colours Of Infinity
This documentary features Mr. Mandelbrot ,if i`m not mistaken . Its a few years old , but not less enjoyable for it.

Was there a single college flat wall not adorned with a fractal poster !

What a fascinating subject . S&F

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That is a beautiful contribution and almost harks of similarities to the principle of cosmic ordering. I've never been an advocate of cosmic ordering but I can really relate to your proposal. Beautifully profound yet resonant.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is saying 'I am God', we are part of an infinite expression of energy, this encompass' everything there is, we are part of this, we are part of God. 'God' is the 'biggest picture', we are a tiny facet of this, but we are still part of the whole, still connected to everything there is or The All, IMO of course.

This is a fanscinating concept, in which I hold a similar belief.

By the way, anyone tried to imagine one of these in 3D?

I'm trying, but it hurts.

EMM

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Wow.... I didn't mean to upset you!

I respect your believes. I was raised Christian so I know what you are saying. However, my point of view changed during the walk of life, although I'm not denying the existence of God, I do have a different view on things now.

I also believe the bible contains some pieces on this "God created man in His own image" Genesis 1:27

I believe He made us creators, and that is what we do, we create. We make what He made and it's an everlasting circle.

This is my personal opinion and not written to offend any one.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

He said at the end of their yearly contact conversation, after talking about other things "Dont worry give me a few weeks to heal my illness, all will be well soon"

His friend taking no real notice of this, thought he was just being "Far Out" and "Mystical" like he had been seen going on his spiritual quest years ago.

He was then observed, and talked about to a "apprentice" of sorts he had that he had to now work very hard to "Find the Cause" first, of the troubles at the sanitorium, but "within himself" and then "heal" that part of himself, bring it "back in balance" to help those at the sanitorium he used to have as clients.

Exactly.

We do not need to "find" unity, or create "unity" it is the essential nature of "all that is."

You dont need to get anyone else on board, convince anyone, change anyone, get others to agree, or to understand. What "others" could there be? What else could you be looking at but your own reflection either on larger or smaller scale?

Throughout history, we have tried to change reality by looking into a mirror, seeing our reflection, and then trying to rub the smudge we see on our reflected face off by wiping the mirror image. We have reached out to change what we see and do not like. It hasnt worked.

All we have ever needed to do was to reach up and wipe the smudge off our own face. Like magic, the smudge disappears from the face in the mirror as well. You manifest the change you want to see yourself.

I think this notion is so unappealing because ultimately, each of us, (bearing in mind that "each of us" doesnt hold the meaning we normally assign to it) would have to acknowledge that all the ugliness we see in the world has its origin within. There is a corresponding piece of us where that hate, denial, fear, etc. resides, and most of us would rather preserve the illusion that we are "good" and others are the ones who are causing the problem.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If the entire universe can be conceived of by the mind of men, let alone be represented by some abstract fractals, then that is not of the universe created by El Shaddai, God Almighty. For man, as a finite being, cannot possibly conceive of something infinite as God, or His creation in its fullness. Thats why it is so vast, and appears unending...it is a testament to His Glory, His Worthiness of worship, His Power, and His Praise. Amen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join