It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We Were Told We Were Fighting Terrorists; The Real Terrorist Was Me'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

I decided to reply, No worries morningstar, I appreciate your passion and its nice to know there are people still out there who really do care. As I stated previously I have been deployed to A-Stan on three separate occasions and during my lovely stays there I never saw anything in cold blood, Did others, Possibly..Reported..I highly doubt it and if they did then they will carry that burden for the rest of their days. I would say FRATRACIDE can sometimes happen, shoot anything can happen but the only thing that ever went through my mind my keeping my team alive and coming home and last but not least carrying out and finishing our missions. Whatever it is that we did while on deployment was within our spectrum of authority because we were professional soldiers who had high hopes of life and careers after the Army. That said..Im finished here..The Flyers are playing Montreal and I love hockey.

I pray for a safe return of all boots on the ground overseas.....

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

If you served with the 160th, Id like to say thanks, Very high speed bunch of individuals, Sorry for your losses during GWOT and and especially Anaconda and Redwing, All those lives lost to rescue one man, I love it and thats why I loved serving because its the selfless service..Later brother

[edit on 13-10-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Like I said. I respect your service and I am glad you never had to witness such things. I am sorry to be the one to tell you that not only do they happen, the get reported, they get video taped, the get bragged about, sent home, and posted on youtube even. Sorry, it sucks that good people like you are being ruined by people like this. That is why I feel they need to be weeded out of the millitary instead of defended or given the gift of a blind eye. Thanks for what you had to say about your experience.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well morningstar then they will have to live with their actions and face the consequences if caught, There are always a few bad apples in the bunch and hopefully they will be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B

Well morningstar then they will have to live with their actions and face the consequences if caught, There are always a few bad apples in the bunch and hopefully they will be dealt with accordingly.

Exactly why they need to be exposed as brightly as possible. I sure would hate to think you went back for some reason and were killed by the angry family member of one of the victims simply because all they know is what uniform the killers wore. Know what I mean. These things happen and do get reported and everyone needs to see that. Again, thank you for not being one of them and instead representing the MAJORITY of soldiers who really are good and decent people.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i have to say they try to brain wash young willing recruits and those new to the military after two tours in Iraq i have seen the good and the bad of it there. i have seen schools and medical clinics built in places that 6 years ago would have only dreamed of it. i also seen how KBR and other big businesses over charged and cut corners to keep a larger profit for themselves. as for the soldiers there is a large group of us against this war on the grounds of how it is ran. since 2005 the military has put into place a back door draft. they call it stop loss. yes it is also a movie the movie only touches on some points of it. that more of a coming to terms of the war movie. they use to have it As a policy that those who served more then 6 months in a combat zone in the USAR and NG did not have to return for 5 years unless they are willing to. they have now done away with that due to the fact many people refused to go. they are working on a new policy That if your unit goes you go. those getting ready to leave the service can with in 24 hours of their contract be stop loss. also those who are still on title 10 orders or active duty can also with 24 of those orders being closed can be extend an extra 18 months. those of us who try to fight it or question the authority or the creditability of it are strong armed to silence. they have many ways of doing it. i have seen people who have never changed a thing for their pay for over 10 years suddenly have pay problems and get backed up in debt an in the military now that can lead to reduction in rank which happen to him. then when he shut up his pay problems went away. those who get stop loss and refuse to return get jailed and denied a non military lawyer. those who run are almost forced to return they not only go after you they go after your family. federal loans for imitate family go to default or problems start. bank accounts are frozen by IRS. family are terrorized by the government and local law enforcement. i have seen it. those with a disability before deployment are also berated to lie to medical officials so they can return to duty. i right now have a military injury for my knee the unit i am with now is getting ready for a tour in Iraq and i will most likely not going because of surgery. the army has lost my paper work twice and says it has to be on the new computer form and the person working my case is not certified yet. when i am unable to preform same of duties because of my knee i get negative counseling. mostly because i refuse to let it go until i return from a third tour as they suggested.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So when all the troops return home, feeling the same guilt and the same horror story

What are we to do with this realisation, guilt, shock and feelings.

Are we going to learn, that war is insane and the very very last resort to solve conflict in our world?

I ask the question, What has the people of America learned, soldiers as well as people at home?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by big gee
That really brought home to me the senseless pain and futility of aggressive wars. I think every country should have an army along the lines of the National Guard to be used ONLY for homeland defence, but not allowed under ANY circumstances to instigate an attack on another country. Think about it, under these parameters wars could not be fought. Your thoughts......

I also think the rain should taste of lemonade........

The problem is this is the land of man, and wars will always happen, as long as man exists, ever, perdiod, end of

[edit on 15-10-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

But we can at least learn.

Just Iike I was a child growing up at home. Learning how to behave and respect people in the world as I learn behaviours around me. As a teenager you rebel against your parents, as you get older and wiser. You learn what work's and what doesn't. You learn from your history growing up that, violence and aggression does Not give you peace, growth, respect and learning. It doesn't show you are in control of yourself. Violence and aggression doesn't cause harmony with your parent's and people around you and You are not peace with yourself.

For example on a personal level in conflict, retailating and behaving in a violent matter towards your parents, friends and people around you, I ask you, what happens when you behave like this?
Does this actually solve conflict in your own personal experience? Does it create peace within? Does it create harmony around you?

Learning how to deal with conflict, how to be adult about these situations, learning from previous mistakes to make the future better. This is what makes an Adult.

Whether it's personal, public, or on a national level. How de we solve conflict on every level. How do I solve conflict at home, work, or in Iraq and most importantly how do I solve conflict within?

People who abuse this power on a national level, because they have not learned to be at peace within, they have notsolved or learnt from history. They have not learned respect. So this unacceptable behaviour continues and continues and historys keeps writing our history books, till one day we learn, this does is not working. we need to learn now.

There will always be conflict, yes of course, but that doesn't mean that there always have to be wars for it. Conflict challenges what we are. It helps us learn about our differences. It does not mean we have to repeat the same conflict and patterns. It does not mean we have to kill each other for our differences. It does not mean we have to lose control and force our will on others to prove we are better or more self righteous.

We can be in control, we can deal with conflict's in the right way diplomatically.

The wars such as in Iraq does not ever have to happen at all. These wars are created purposely for money, abuse of power and other selfish reasons, for then benifet people in power, in order compensate the lack of peace and harmony they dont have in their lives.

There is a big difference blueorder. There are conflicts of interacial issues, like have a long bloody history, and takes decades if not centuries to heal in it's own course of time. There are wars that have complicated history, but given time heals the wounds of the past. Interacial, ethinic, terroritorial and historic conflicts will always play conflict in our lives. Constantly challenge what we are. But it's how we deal with them is what dictates what will happen out of all it.

But There are other wars,

There they are countries such as the Super powers of today invading and taking over other countries for the reason's I've explained the above paragraphs. These wars are the ones we need to stop. The march of Rome is and was yesterday. This pattern does not work in today's world anymore. Today's world is about freedom.

People are free to travel and go to any nation or culture as they wish. We don't live in the rules of the British empire or Rome anymore or the American government playing these tricks anymore either.
These regimes are impeding us. They created the bloodiest of wars where the empires marched and invaded other countries for more power etc, they ruled everything you do and everthing there will be. They will never stop if you keep giving your power to them.

We are free today. We are not against each other and we are not ruled by somebody. We don't have to fight for our freedoms anymore.

This does not fit today's world. For example America invading Iraq, is classic rome syndrome as I call it. Abuse of power and thirst for more power.

Despite the war's throughout history. Humanity has evolved, our wars have changed. Our methods in dealing with conflict has changed. Our understanding of ourselves have changed and improved. Our understanding of our world has drastically changed. Our communication between each other has taken many leaps Diplomacy is a method we have successfully used, and is more widely used in conflicts. Something history can prove to us.

So don't always say never. Humanity is evolving for the better. This is my point, the days of Rome are history. The fall of Rome was eminent. Why repeat these mistake's today/ Why continue the thinking that America wil be the Rome of today? invading and conquering, i.e the true superpower etc. The British Empire fell too, why are we holding onto it. Why are we not learning from history istead of repeating it over and over.

There will be one day in the distance future where humanity will be united as one. It will be along time, but it will come.

Don't write thing in stones. The world is what we make of it.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

When at war, take care of them when they come home. Every soldier, Marine, sailor, etc. coming home from America's wars whether it be World War 2 or Vietnam, they need help.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Not often I agree with you, but that is spot on.

It's a tragedy and a scandal the way service personnel are thrown on the scrapheap when their usefullness is deemed by TPTB to be over.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

When at war, take care of them when they come home. Every soldier, Marine, sailor, etc. coming home from America's wars whether it be World War 2 or Vietnam, they need help.

They can teach us too.

Tell us how hatred and and killing doesn't work.

They come home and now they are expressing their suffering and witnessing what they suffered.

They are saying, I've killed other humans. that is why they say, but for what, what did it do for me, what did it do for them.

The help I would say they need most, is let them express their pain and adversity. Listen to what they have experienced. Learn from the reality they have witnessed.

For this will be a great lesson for all.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

history is inevitably always forgotten, one only has to look at the recent economic crisis (in a long line of economic boom and bust cycles) to see that.

This is the world of man, in 200 years wars will still happen- now dont take this as me saying we should not try to avoid war, yes, totally, for example I would leave the Afghanis to their own devices, however medievel, but I am realistic enough to know that war will be with me my entire lifetime, in some part of the world

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

history is inevitably always forgotten, one only has to look at the recent economic crisis (in a long line of economic boom and bust cycles) to see that.

This is the world of man, in 200 years wars will still happen- now dont take this as me saying we should not try to avoid war, yes, totally, for example I would leave the Afghanis to their own devices, however medievel, but I am realistic enough to know that war will be with me my entire lifetime, in some part of the world

Yes but I really don't think your seeing my point here.

The power and control is have problem we are now facing, history is now repeating, our economic crisis is a reminder, it's happened before. The fall of Rome has happened before. Our leaders, create new problems, due to constant advances in humanity in recent times. It's a control power struggle all the time. Governments trying to get us to fight each other. Constantly putting fear, on our T.V, radios, out in the public, everywhere. for you to lose control. BE in control. Learn to take your power and respect it. This economic crisis, is another spin for the Elites to make us lose control again.

But why? PLEASE ask the question, and you won't forget why history repeats. Why is it repeating?

You can be in control. You can change. You can be aware, that leads to a better future, for you and everyone around you. I didnt say there will be no wars. But I do hear what your saying.

But again, it's about learning. there has been much progress throughout history. Don't just dismiss the fact, oh but it's the way it is and there will be many wars in your lifetime. Be resposible for your inner peace.

you need to learn, what been at peace withone self creates and does. You radiate it, if you are so. America doesn't radiate peace from within, for example.
It's called the laws of the universe America radiates ignorance and arrogance. The world is reacting to it. As the same with any superower would attract this.

You attract it.

If you attract peace, you will attract it
If you attract war, you will attract it.

If you behave aggressively, the universe aroud you will respond aggressively

If you behave peacefully, the universe around you will respond peacefully.

ITS REALLY REALLY SIMPLE.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No its not that simple, its a complex geopolitical nightmare. Your perception that you can radiate peace and the rest of the world is at peace is pure ignorance. Idealist which I like, but doesn't work in reality. We the United States is not the only country at war. There are dozens of other conflicts going on besides the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Yes but I really don't think your seeing my point here.

The power and control is have problem we are now facing, history is now repeating, our economic crisis is reminder, it's happened before.

But why. PLEASE ask the question, and you won't forget why history repeats.

You can be in control. You can change. that leads to a better future. I didnt say there will be no wars. But I hear what your saying too.

But again, it's about learning. there has been much progress throughout history. Don't just dismiss the fact, oh but it's the way it is and there will be many wars in your lifetime. Be resposible for your inner peace.

you need to learn, what been at peace withone self creates. You radiate it, if you are so. America doesn't radiate peace from within. It's called the laws of the universe. America radiates ignorance and arrogance. The world is reacting to it.

You attract it.

If you attract peace, you will attract it
If you attract war, you will attract it.

If you behave aggressively, the universe aroud you will respond aggressively

If you behave peacefully, the universe around you will respond peacefully.

ITS REALLY REALLY SIMPLE.

Your point is a nice one, unfortunately the land of man will always forget, humans will always try and control and there will be war, but I do agree with the sentiments

[edit on 15-10-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

No its not that simple, its a complex geopolitical nightmare. Your perception that you can radiate peace and the rest of the world is at peace is pure ignorance. Idealist which I like, but doesn't work in reality. We the United States is not the only country at war. There are dozens of other conflicts going on besides the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So what are you going to do. if this is too idealistic. You going to stick to old patterns, because having good ideals is unreachable.

I'm only 23 I too have much to learn, I don't think I'm been that Idealistic tbh, even it may seem so.

I'm going from personal experience.

It works. If I'm not peace within, I will go to work tomorrow, and I will have conflct with every manager in work. It is that simple.

I say it again It is that simple.

your just not aware of it fully. IMO.

Your perception that you can radiate peace and the rest of the world is at peace is pure ignorance.

My perception is that radiating inner peace, does radiate to the world for what it is, it's what you project, I did NOT say the world will automatically be at peace. Where did you get that notion?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Quoting you

"If you behave peacefully, the universe around you will respond peacefully."

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Quoting you

"If you behave peacefully, the universe around you will respond peacefully."

Of course, the universe-, meaning what is around you. what your projecting onto, will respond to you. Your behaviour to others mirrors everything and other people's behaviours back to you.

I'm not saying that everything will be at peace.
I'm not saying the entire world will be at peace, because you are or I am. that was your quote. But it is fact, that your projections affect everything around you. whether it's negative or positive. Please understand this. I'm saying eventually the world will respond in a more peaceful way, if your at peace with yourself. Because this is what your intially attracting to you.

For example.
Your Universe now, could be you sitting in front of your family in a geared up arguement, when one attacked you in an agressive tone, and you keep responding with respect and calmness, the universe around you getting this projection, and ur not reacting to their behaviour, so they will repond to your level if they want to get through to you. Therefore they will respond in such light too. The parents in this case will respond calmy.

It's proven. It does work, and I've tried it. It works every single time. It's hard to maintain. But you gotta keep doing it. Until you've changed patterns into working patterns.

However if you retaliate and behave agressively, your parents will just react further to your agressive behaviour. Therefore you both attract agression and leads to out of control situations.. This is the world your attracting.

Do you still not get it yet?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Well it doesn't seem to work for just recently for a crew on a merchant ship that has just been hijacked by pirates. The crew was at PEACE. I know what you are saying, but lets be realistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join