It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We Were Told We Were Fighting Terrorists; The Real Terrorist Was Me'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the article!

It seems to me that more and more military and ex-military are coming forward with harsh words towards their own administration. Makes me wonder if this could be a possible breaking point for all future endeavors in foreign policy...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You are so right....Iraq had nothing to do with any of it...The government has given us no proof of the fact and they never will!!! How many different reasons have we been given for the invasion (its was and invasion)? If we wanna talk about human rights violations we should turn our eyes towards Saudi Arabia, or perhaps even our own country!!! And now they are doing everything they can to vilify the Iranians!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Combatmed1

Beautiful post. Respect.

Stay safe.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Good stuff man...

It's nice to hear the other side of the topic as well.

Both you and cmd18B express yourselves very well in a thread of this nature...

Atrocities of war can be a very powerful topic, as it draws out people's emotions much easier than most and rightfully so...

Those that commit them should be shot, and it should be talked about, just as the stories of soldiers going above and beyond the call of duty should be discussed in earnest as well...

Grammar edit!

[edit on 10/11/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

We must question the judgment of those who would allow the misuse of a military.

I will keep you and your wife in my prayers. Thank you for your service.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Guess people are realizing the full scale when the home coming truth is right at your door. Hindsight and reflection always comes clear in time.

You see, I asked this question in many threads like these (glad to see this thread brought on board, thanks to DD once again)

No matter what the issue is in these conflict's, that we all get to cot up with (which is what are governments want us to do )
or whos winning or losing, who is evil - good and finally who is the blame etc. This is precisely what is distracting us from the real problems and it's doing us no good at all. It the results of these threads that truly hit the masses I'm afraid.

This war and every war, was not to stabilize or bring about harmony in any shape make or form, this is the first fact. war does not and never will bring harmony into our lives. It takes peoples lives only.

Now I want to point this out again, as I did before. When we are asked and told that "we need to fight a war" as our leaders say.

The question you should be asking first and always, and I cannot stress it enough is who and what are we fighting for. ask yourself. especially to people who have went and fought in the Iraq war, They are now in this dilemma now,(like the man in the article above). It will be clear to all of you.
If I'm fighting for someone, how does that bring peace within me and then onto other's, if I'm resorting to violence? it brings you to the first question, why am I fighting this war? and how will this affect other's?

See what I'm getting at.

This is what soldiers are now asking themselves, when it all hit's home.
I feel for these soldiers, as they have to live with the guilt for the rest of their lives, "what was I hating and what was I commanded to kill for"

They were brainwashed of course I said this a long time ago, and alot people laughed at the notion as what to what I said. These soldiers are feeling in a rut of guilt, wishing they were "aware" before going to this war. This is exactly why I can empathize with these soldiers. If they truly were aware, they would not of went to this war. FACT.

Honestly IMO, Even now how pretty shocking and poignant about reading this thread I'm glad in another sense that its been discussed, because the truth is now needing to be hitting home.

At least, This war, can be a valuable lesson for the future of humanity. This thread can help other's learn from these mistakes. It will further give people the true perception of what is actually happening in these wars. Who is actually gaining and who isn't. So on a positive note, I hope more solidiers come out with their adversity and guilt and express, so others can learn and not fall for the same mistakes. This should help all sides deal with this matter right now.

I praise the people of America to stand up and learn from this, and become aware and Be empowered in you. Do not follow or be mis-led into these situations where your fighting for something that is not to benifet or too improve the existence of you.

These wars improve the existence of the master pupeteers of this world not you, and it never ever will.
I hereby pledge the entire world, to stand back and learn from these dire mistakes. This is what history is here for, learn from them.

When a leader, says war, what is he/she really implying or really saying. Note the word means action, but from whom? Why is your leader stressing action from you?
For eg. WhenSarah Palin
says in an interview, "we are going to win the war on terror
".

Stand back and think, whos war is it, and who are the terrorists, and who is fighting for it and why are we asked to fight this war she just states. Why is she saying "we" will win this war, when she is not fighting it. It's your choice to fight of course and believe in what she says.

But why? What do you believe?

It's really absurd when you just use some discernment to separate the actual situation and what is actually happening to you in the moment of these interactions where our leaders are speaking and how they are brainwashing us.

People should actually pay more attention, to the behaviour and actions of the leaders they tend to put to much faith into more closely and not get so hypnotized by their words. Try and separate fantasy from reality. Understand that you have your power, knowledge and belief's to offer, Do not give it to a leader, that wants this from you. Be an indivdual and do not follow blindly to others anymore.

That's my two cents.
Peace

[edit on 11-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I figured the truth about what was going on over there would eventully come out. I remember when I first posted those war pictures I nearly got killed over those in 2004 I had to go into hideing for almost a year. Just because you havent seen it does not mean it hasnt taken place. There are so many people in the military and so many op's that people dont know that go on isolation isnt a bad thing but it leads over a period of time to people not seeing outside the box.

When you get down and think about it how many resources and outlets are there really like ats 10 maybe less then 100 we are a handfull of people in a very sick and very sad world that has gone astray and the few people that know what's going on in many cases are too scared to talk about what's really going on or cannot speak the truth about given issue's.

The fact of the matter is folk's ats is about as good as it gets when it comes to getting the truth out these day's and we all should give hats off to simon and others at ats and the few websites that still make converstation like this even possible if people in this and other governments had there way we would all be in camps by now.

Falcon

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You'll get your chance this November. Vote for Obama. The biggest thing going against him is that he knows someone who took a stand against the government during the Vietnam war. This is the man you NEED in the White House. He is one of us.

Obama wants to find the REAL terrorists, not invade and exploit countries that had nothing to do with it.

I am not against war and I want to chase down every bully on this green Earth but I want to do it for the good of humanity, not the good of corporations. Support your troops, question their commanders.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Illumina

Makes me wonder if this could be a possible breaking point for all future endeavors in foreign policy.

I truly doubt that. After all, there were many such stories from soldiers that came back from Viet Nam, and the death toll there was orders of magnitude higher.

Yes, there are atrocities committed by both sides in every war. It doesn't make it right, but when you have children setting IED's, or blowing themselves up close to your buddies, it's sometimes hard not to respond.

As for those that condemn people for enlisting, if NO ONE enlisted, we would be wide open to attack from countries that have large standing armies. Unfortunately, dictatorial nations don't GIVE people the option of not "joining".

We should support all our soldiers. They are brave honorable men and women. That support should also include having our government supporting them to the fullest, namely body armor, the best weapons, and a MUCH BETTER Veteran's Hospital System. The current system reminds me of the medical care from the Dark Ages. How many of you have been in, or visited a Veterans' Hospital. I have, and I can tell you, it is depressing and a disgrace.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
No Morningstar, neither myself and nor my team ever witnessed any killings of innocent civilians. I cannot speak for all personnel that have been there since October of 2001 and if it did occur it has gone unreported.

Did you just say that the items that I posed video of, that you can watch, are unreported? Well breaking news then, I just reported them. Try reading more than the OP of that thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Morning...

You are not paying attention yourself...

Your original question asked him if he witnessed this WHILE he was over there, and he responded accordingly...

Here it is:

While you were over there, did you witness any of this

Here is his response:

No Morningstar, neither myself and nor my team ever witnessed any killings of innocent civilians. I cannot speak for all personnel that have been there since October of 2001 and if it did occur it has gone unreported

So, it is your attention to detail that needs work...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I am sorry but you must be reading this differently then I am. I know what I asked. I know what was answered. I also know what this says-

I cannot speak for all personnel that have been there since October of 2001 and if it did occur it has gone unreported

Since 10/01 it has gone unreported? This has nothing to do with what he witnessed or while he was over there. It clearly states that if it has happend since 10/01, it has gone unreported. Well, I am reporting it.

Let me clear this up so chapter 29 can stop worrying about it so much. I am not accusing this person of lying or covering anything up. I understand the answer is NO he did not witness it.

I am asking if he is then stating that it has also not happend or at least not been reported SINCE OCTOBER OF '01. It is a question, to clarify.

[edit on 10/11/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nationalism is the trump card played over and over in sending young people to war. From grade school to high school graduation, what sends people to war is that pledge of allegiance. It's fine to love your country. It's a lot better to love all countries and when there are disputes, to look hard at the issues. I hope and pray that America is waking up to the idea that maybe there is a problem at the top at home.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by big gee
That really brought home to me the senseless pain and futility of aggressive wars. I think every country should have an army along the lines of the National Guard to be used ONLY for homeland defence, but not allowed under ANY circumstances to instigate an attack on another country. Think about it, under these parameters wars could not be fought. Your thoughts......

The problem is that you are thinking logically, but there are twisted individuals and groups of people in this world who do not consider logic to be a part of their rationale. As is, we MUST reach out and strike enemies before they can hurt us. This is a reality of this world, whether you wish it to be or not. It is the exact same reason behind why we made the greatest blunder of all in pulling out of Afghanistan in 1992, under President Clinton and the Democrat controlled Lower and Upper Houses. You had Politicians and even Citizens back then believing that if we let everyone be, things would be alright. They also believed that some "barbarians" Half-a-World away would never arrive Stateside and cause us any damage. Well, Nine Years and 3,000 American Lives later, you tell me, did that Philosophy work?

So you are saying that we must strike Washington D.C., the Banking, Oil and Weapons Cartels? They are the enemies pal, like it or not.

You think Jesus is gonna save them and the ignorant fools that keep these murderers in power? I think not.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sorry but I view this as antiAmerican propaganda and dont buy into it, sure the government does some screwy stuff but they are not going to round us up and stick us in F.E.M.A. Camps we are not terrorists or anything like the Nazis we are Patriotz fighting for a Free World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Let me clear this up so chapter 29 can stop worrying about it so much

Morning, I was looking out for another member that seemed to be wrongly identified as someone that denied war atrocities...that member, cmd18B, offered an opinion and insight into what he saw while over there...

He did it in a respectful way, yet your response seemed to indicate he was not speaking the truth...if you had been in the same situation, I would have gone to bat for you as well...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
OK everyone, this topic is not about anyone who is a member here, so let's talk about the topic and not each other.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

[[everytime I hear Bush or McCain or somebody like that say we're at war so we can have peace ]]

This really used to bother me everytime I would hear him say something to that affect ... .....Because the book of Daniel mentions something similar to it that the AC will do ...(I dont think he is the AC ..because he sure is not a great orator but he did get many to rally behind his wars and stuff at first almost like everyone had a spell on them even going so far as to copy word for word what he would say to convince people about Saddam and WMDs etc )
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify [himself] in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

BY PEACE he shall DESTROY many ..see that ....
I can also see where he caused craft to prosper in his hand
Craft in Hebrew means this[ in the sense of deceiving deceit, treachery]He for sure is really good at that isnt he ?
He also magnifys himself in his heart ..he believes God has sent him to do all that he has done ...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by big gee
That really brought home to me the senseless pain and futility of aggressive wars. I think every country should have an army along the lines of the National Guard to be used ONLY for homeland defence, but not allowed under ANY circumstances to instigate an attack on another country. Think about it, under these parameters wars could not be fought. Your thoughts......

The problem is that you are thinking logically, but there are twisted individuals and groups of people in this world who do not consider logic to be a part of their rationale. As is, we MUST reach out and strike enemies before they can hurt us. This is a reality of this world, whether you wish it to be or not. It is the exact same reason behind why we made the greatest blunder of all in pulling out of Afghanistan in 1992, under President Clinton and the Democrat controlled Lower and Upper Houses. You had Politicians and even Citizens back then believing that if we let everyone be, things would be alright. They also believed that some "barbarians" Half-a-World away would never arrive Stateside and cause us any damage. Well, Nine Years and 3,000 American Lives later, you tell me, did that Philosophy work?

If you let everyone be things would be alright, but you didn't. I guess you have never listen to any of your enemies speeches. Continue watching FOX news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join