It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We Were Told We Were Fighting Terrorists; The Real Terrorist Was Me'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Any of you folks checked the prices of scrap metals lately. How many peoples in your cities and towns are moving into the business of scrap. The prices of this commodity has gone significantly up.

Checked the price of nitrate stocks lately??

Checked ammunition prices and prices for reloading components??

Even the local constabularies is having problems meeting their ammunition budgets of late.

I don't think many of you emoting people are on the ball. You are to busy pointing fingers to see what is coming.

This War has not arrived as of yet and many nations are gearing up for it..not just this one.

I don't put a lot of stock in Fox News...and they are not the only ones. The other media is in the same boat. There is little difference in the lot of them.

Agree with the posters who stated it is no different in previous wars..not only the wars of the US but other nations as well.

Strongly suggest that some of you think about why those who could..as Europe fell in WW2...fled to the west..not the east. You should also think about why many of the people from these nations who can afford it..even today move to the west...then do not move in droves to the East.

Governments are all running a program..on their peoples..all of them without exception. You people should have enough acumen to know this.

The news media of most nations is a shill for many of the government positions and their favorite candidates. No exceptions. This is obvious how big a bite some of you posting have taken out of the apple.

This war has not arrived as of yet...it is in the making. Do not depend on the media or public education to make this clear for you. Nor the political parties who also finance public education. They will only give you a political education...which is obvious by many of the posts here on this thread

Just as was the case before WW1 and WW2..also the Wars of the 1840s and 1870s in Europe. There were many hints and preludes to these wars.

I no longer watch or listen to much of the news on the radio or television. I listen to short wave when I can...but also there, need a decoder ring. Same with what is happening on this computer. Decoder ring needed.
Many soldiers coming back have told me that the media here is a corrupt if not more about the war as they claim is the army and politicians. They are very dubious about our news media. I do not think many of them have made the connection to the body politic and control of the public through their shills in the news media...for political lucre...or gain.

I am not in favor of this war as I know much of it has been hijacked as was the case in previous wars. It was to be predicted.
But like it or not...it will not make a difference. And a bigger war is coming.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 12-10-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

Sigh, the only thing that I asked him was to clarify what HE said. I am pretty sure that he is the ONLY one that can answer it. I think it is very cute how so many people have jumped on me in defense of a grown millitary man but I never accused him of anything, nor asked him to prove he never saw anything. He said that since october of '01, if these things happen they are unreported. I am happy to accept his tale of his time but I am asking if he is really saying that these things did not happen, eve after what he can personally account for. Several people have answered and I am not arguing with them. He is the only one to claim that nothing has been reported at all and I am just trying to make sure that is what he is saying, that is all. Please go back to fighting each other and let two people address each other ok? He is a big boy, he can answer, ignore me, report me, whatever.

p.s. I just want to thank all the people that needed to be offended on someone else's behalf for turning a simple question into something much bigger for no good reason.

[edit on 10/12/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Come now, Its obviously past a case of "a few bad soldiers makein us look bad". Many of the articles ive read, such things as the systemic torture and rape of prisoners, the regular use of "drop" weapons and bait, the designation in fallujah of every male over 15 as combatants, these are obviously command decisions, and not about one or two soldiers making bad choices, but about accepted systemic policy decisions. They come from the top down and are obviously not hair trigger mistakes, but premeditated decisions.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
thank u ..

i wonder how he managed to wake up

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
Come now, Its obviously past a case of "a few bad soldiers makein us look bad". Many of the articles ive read, such things as the systemic torture and rape of prisoners, the regular use of "drop" weapons and bait, the designation in fallujah of every male over 15 as combatants, these are obviously command decisions, and not about one or two soldiers making bad choices, but about accepted systemic policy decisions. They come from the top down and are obviously not hair trigger mistakes, but premeditated decisions.

But I have not seen actual proof of this so I would not make the claim. I have seen proof of a few doing it so that it is why I said a few bad apples. Besides, I still believe the majority are good and trying to do the right thing. Also what you are talking about ties in with following orders while I am specifically talking about some folks gone haywire on their own.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
well, theres plenty proof that our administration has approved and implemented torture, thats not even debated. Once you take that step, i think you have shown that you are willing to treat humans as worthless animals in order to achieve your goals, and its not a large leap of logic to conclude that if your willing to order it done in prison cells, your willing to order it done in streets and neighborhoods.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This guy is a aerial intelligence. He never left the wire.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

I am not disputing that or saying does nto happen. I am just sticking to what I can prove with testimony and video footage is all. It is bad enough that we have people pretending that they cannot see videos that clearly show this, people who cannot read the correction at the bottom of the article from the armytimes, and people that believe a time travel checks in now and then to predict things that will never happen because he is not really from here....so I am just trying to stick to what I can actually show anyone that disputes. If you have footage and documented proof that it is standard procedure or the status quo, please show it, I will join ya. I am not correcting or denying what you said. I have only witnessed a few bad apples myself so far.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
The problem is that you are thinking logically, but there are twisted individuals and groups of people in this world who do not consider logic to be a part of their rationale. As is, we MUST reach out and strike enemies before they can hurt us. This is a reality of this world, whether you wish it to be or not. It is the exact same reason behind why we made the greatest blunder of all in pulling out of Afghanistan in 1992, under President Clinton and the Democrat controlled Lower and Upper Houses. You had Politicians and even Citizens back then believing that if we let everyone be, things would be alright. They also believed that some "barbarians" Half-a-World away would never arrive Stateside and cause us any damage. Well, Nine Years and 3,000 American Lives later, you tell me, did that Philosophy work?

Yes. It did. 3000 lives were slated for the kill by Cheney et al. If you are still of the opinion that it was otherwise, I would guess you lack critical thinking skills and are unable to evaluate evidence.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
Obama wants to find the REAL terrorists, not invade and exploit countries that had nothing to do with it.

Mmm. He want to get the Cheney Gang...? Awesome. Wish he would say so... Oh. Guess the REAL terrorists aren't the ones he wants to get...

I have said it before and I will say it again:

Republicans and Democrats are opposite sides of a two-headed counterfeit coin, thrust into our collective palm by a puppet media, the only purchase of which is NWO.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a soldier can only fight with hate, you can not perform a brutal insane act without been delusional with what the truth is.

living with hate and anger is like living in a dream, you do not feel you do not see, you only act.

thats coming from someone who has had alot of hate and done alot of things.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Another winter soldier comes forward...

From his claims, racism and profiling seem to be a fueling factor and quite prevelant in the occupation, and also an excuse to create atrocities.

Based on his personal experiences and remorse, it's not too difficult to figure out why so many of these young men seem to be taking their own lives.

Very, very sad...

www.alternet.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

Mod edit: Replaced link with a direct link to the article.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by Hal9000]

Amazing article, being a VietNam veteran I can surely relate. But this is Old News Im afraid, has been going on as long as wars have.

but If I had any stars Id give ya one.

Outstanding post-

Some OF US have very scared memories that hurt TO MUCH to talk about.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
a soldier can only fight with hate, you can not perform a brutal insane act without been delusional with what the truth is.

living with hate and anger is like living in a dream, you do not feel you do not see, you only act.

thats coming from someone who has had alot of hate and done alot of things.

peace

here here------dp69, sure your not former SOAR, sound like I may know you.???

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Karrotz

Taught, trained, drilled into and belittled to hate. That is what I went through. I was told that this was to make me stronger. To make me more aware of the people that wanted to kill me. That I would kill them first. It's why there are so many friendly fire deaths and so many civilian casualties in war. The fear and hate levels are so high that people become trigger happy. In some cases they actually begin to enjoy the 'kill'. They don't really know the people so it doesn't really affect them like it would if they killed their neighbor.

A neighbor of my sister's had come home from his second tour. This guy, and his two buddies who were with him in Iraq, were drunk EVERY SINGLE TIME I saw them. I saw them a lot. In the morning, in the afternoons and in the evenings. It was pathetic. (Of course, they were still in so they had to be sober on the mornings they were at Ft. Lewis, I'm sure.)

Anyway, he would get to bragging about his 8 verfied kills! He kept stressing the point that they were verified.

I then asked him if they were verified terrorists or militants and his eagerness just evaporated from him. His answer was no. He said that they believe 3 of them were a family but they didn't confirm that for him.

But it was obviously part of the reason the kid was drunk every time I saw him.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just like the original Winter Soldier, John Kerry, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a fabrication. I find it hard to believe an imagery analyst was involved in anything outside a TOC (tactical operations center) or an ACE (analysis control element). More so, I find it hard to believe he would be involved in tossing people out of their homes.

As for racism, I don't know if you can call the Army racist for the actions and statements of a few. I met plenty of racists in the Army, but I don't necessarily believe their actions and statements reflect the Army.

As for his story about interrogations, I know a little bit about interrogations, and the method he mentioned was not part of the schoolhouse training. If anyone was doing that, obviously it was against the rules. If he knew about it, it was on him to report it to the correct channels, as eventually happened at Abu Ghraib. Granted, there are mistakes and out-right crimes in the military all the time-BUT that doesn't make the military racist, evil, or anything else. Being made up of people, the military is only as good as its recruits.

Enjoy-Polarbear6

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My heart goes out to men and women who bravely went to war. I have read a few books on the subject both for and against the occupation of Iraq. I have also talked with some vets in my town. The vets tell me most Iraqies want Americans to leave, americans build schools but not sewage treatment plants, there is very little electricity, running water is sparce. Many say they were better of when Saddam Hussien was in power.
Violence is down now in Iraq, many shops are opening, jobs are scarce and the people are hopeful for a future, but it seems a log way off. We pay out former enemies 300 a month to fight with us, this could change anytime if circustances were to change. The so called surge really didnt help much ,it was the change in stratigy amongst the Iraqi people helping us to fight.

I pray for peace for us and for the Iraqi people, they have been through hell.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
its simple as this. there will always be people in power(goverment). if there wasnt people in power who would run the countrys. i have a counter question. do you think if you were powerful enough to be corrupt and get away with it you wouldnt do it. please. have you ever heard the phrase power hungry. not to mention they would probably be increasing their income ridicously.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join