It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
www.veoh.com...

I always knew it was bad... But this turned my stomach..
Please watch this. Its 27 minutes long.I fear for the next Katrina victims.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Everybody should see this.

Though it is sad to watch we need to know the truth.

S&F

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Excellent vid... and it definately brought old angers flooding to the surface again.

This should show beyond any doubt, that the contempt these criminals in the US government have for the poor is not just limited to those in the middle east and africa, but even extends to their own nation's people!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If it is FEMA's directive to manage emergencies, then how come they couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag?
to FEMA

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I would really like to see someone try to defend this. Someone out there spouting off about how perfect America is. The only way to ever be perfect is to acknowledge the errors and fix them. Too many people want to pretend this stuff does not happen but we really need to all see this stuff. Thanks for posting it!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I remember and have not forgotten and I am sickened by it.
I could not and still cannot believe this happened to US citizens on US soil. My neighbors.

Thank you for posting the video and sharing it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I remember seeing this video when it first came out. It brought a tear to my eye then, and now.

Our government is a disgrace. Plain and simple.

S+F

[edit on 11-10-2008 by VampyrOsis]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Hi I tried to watch the video but it blocked me because I was in Cyprus.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I lived through it. My gratitude to Steven A. Stephens for keeping this on the net and making the rest of the world remain aware of just how bad it was.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thanks for watching everyone. I think this is VERY important for people to see. For those of us that were not there, we only seen what we were aloud to. But this video shows the side of the coin that the government and the media did not want you to know about.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by patsy22
reply to post by KaginD

Hi I tried to watch the video but it blocked me because I was in Cyprus.

I will try to find the youtube or google video version of it and post it in the thread. I couldn't find one earlier, but I will keep looking so you can watch it.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by KaginD]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm totally shocked! I had no idea that this could happen in America. How did this ever happen? Why was this allowed to happen? I am so, so, shocked and horrified right now.

I just don't know what else to say here - I've tried 3 times to write what I want to say but words just can't say it...............

My love and respect goes to all those that had to live through this.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Mayor Nagin...it is not FEMA, our GWB, or Cheney or the republicans or white people. It was the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana. Put the blame where it should go.

It was a tradgedy but how come no one talkes about the VISA cards that were handed out and used for tattoos, beer and topless bars? HOw about the looting and the kids on the bikes riding through stores?? How can you condone that behaviour?

Never, in any other hurricane, have citizens acted that way towards each other. Sick. Maybe Kanye West should donate the sales of his next CD to the victims...

[edit on 11-10-2008 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Wow
That was probably one of the most heartless things I have ever read on this site. So let me get this straight.. you think because some of the people acted in an unacceptable matter that everyone deserved what they got? Then I wonder why people don't like Americans

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Never, in any other hurricane, have citizens acted that way towards each other. Sick. Maybe Kanye West should donate the sales of his next CD to the victims...
[edit on 11-10-2008 by esdad71]

Never in any other hurricane were people stranded on their rooftops for 4 days, never in any other hurricane were people literally stuck in an area with a 3 mile radius with NO WAY OUT.

Yes people looted, many places, like walmarts and walgreens were letting people TAKE food, clothing, etc so they could SURVIVE.

Put 30,000 + people in a 3 mile circle with NO FOOD OR WATER and when the babies get hungry and start dying, PEOPLE WILL DO WHAT THEY HAVE TO TO LIVE.

The majority of the people were NOT looting for the sake of looting, they were trying to STAY ALIVE.

I KNOW I WAS THERE.

and still, 3 years later, it is the attitude of heartless people like you, who live pampered and have never had to go truly hungry even one day of your life that create the attitude of contempt for MY CITY, which, I guarantee you, has been an essential part of this continent, longer than the US has been a country.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am in Jamaica and have the same problem as another member above. I cannot access this site. It is blocked from view here. If ANYONE has a way to put a copy on this site, please help. I would really LOVE to see this video. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Shaka

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Today i am ashamed to be a member of the human race.

S&F

As a father of two it was extremely moving, cant think of anything else to type .. too upset.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is an amazing video. What makes me wonder is when he is in the super dome he says he tried to find whoever was in charge and they told him homeland security was the head and then later on, someone says they didn't even know about the people in the super dome until a few days after..

In any case this is truly a disgrace. Don't come on here and point fingers at looters. If I was stranded and I either had to loot a walgreens or die.. I know which one I would pick.

Thanks so much for posting this.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Starred.

Flagged.

And damn it what the hell else do we need to see to get us talking about humanity as simply being human?

Not class. Not race. Not sex. Not liberal. Not conservative.

HUMAN.

I cried when I watched this.

This is the first time any such video or post on ATS elicited such a response.

I've been to New Orleans before this tragedy and I remember it being tense. Like a powder keg waiting to blow. Something was in the air. There was a strange division there that wasn't spoken about. Sure I did all the touristy crap that seems customary when you go with people that head straight for the French quater but I didn't like the place. There was something wrong and I just couldn't wait to leave. I know that sounds strange...but thats the best I can describe the abstract feelings I had there.

Now I see the same type of people in an unnecessary situation.

I remember certain news agencies blaming them too. "Why didn't you leave" one Fox News reporter asked. Leave where? Go where when you have barely what passes as limited to nothing? I am glad that Brian Williams told this story and as he walked away with a new understanding of the staggering divisions in our country, and pleaded afterward for a serious discussion on race and class, I walk away with a new respect for a member of the media I summarily ignored and dismissed as part of the problem.

These are Americans, people.

Not blacks, not poor whites, not elderly.

AMERICANS.

How does that make you feel?
Do you believe the lies? That they deserve what they got? That they are all criminals?

What would you do in their shoes?

I would steal to eat, I know that.
I just wouldn't kill to live in this nightmare.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Why didn't these people leave the area...

I lived in a Hurricane Hot spot...

And when storms come to an area, anyone with ANY SENSE in the head leaves... they didn't... instead they turned to the Goverment...

Cradle to Grave mentality... only going to get you to the grave faster...

The Sickest part is how the media was orgasmic over it...
The looters should have been shot on sight.

These people should be happy that FEMA did what they did.
Everyone should have left New Orleans. Those that didn't, they knew what could have happen, they knew a HUGE storm was coming. They got what they wanted. They wanted to stay there, and they did.

This is what happens when you rely on the Goverment to save your self in a tragedy.

Let the dissasters of Katrina be a lesson for YOU, and YOUR FAMILY.
Don't end like these people, stuck somewhere, begging for Big Goverment to save you.

If people choose to stay there, THATS THEIR CHOICE.

This video doesnt show the WORST part of this.
In the days before the storm hit, Federal Agents went from house to house confiscating peoples guns. So now, people that DID stay behind, to protect thier house and things.

People should go as far inland as they can when a hurricane is bearing down. I know this. I lived thru several hurricanes. You get out of town.
If you stay, you stay, and you are going to be on your own.

Don't expect the goverment to come in on a shineing helecopter and Save you.
Stop this cradle to Grave mentality...

You love goverment, you want goverment to run your lives, LOOK AT THIS...
This is an example of goverment at its finest.

Protect your own self. Don't be like these morons, stuck in a place, waiting to be saved by Big Goverment...

people had chances to get out.
If one cannot help themselves, then they deserve nothing.

Prepare yourself.
Be ready
The goverment should not be your first option

Sorry if i come off as mean...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join