It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As a New Orleans resident, it make me proud that someone is finally exposing the truth about what OUR government did to us during the worst natural and man-made disaster in U.S. history. Thank you for posting this!

link   
Does anyone know the copyright status of this video? I have the technical ability to put it on another site so the people with problems can watch it, but don't want to if it would get me in trouble...

link   
anyone who is from new Orleans or near there cold tell you about what really is going on. I live in Texas and you should see the truth about Houston...though gas is 2.69 right now though

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

The best thing about Katrina is that it showed the ineptness of Louisiana's government. Kathleen Blanco (D) didn't even try to run for a second term as Governor after her total meltdown. Bobby Jindal (R) got elected and under his leadership we toughed out Hurricane Gustav and Hurricane Ike. It is also safe to say that Mary Landrieu (or Katrina Mary if you live in Louisiana), will not be re-elected in the Senate. The only one that got away with the ineptitude was Ray Nagin, he was re-elected Mayor of New Orleans. What does that say about the city of New Orleans?

It says that the largest N.O. demographic (blacks) voted purely on race.

Now tell me, where have I heard that before?

Despite the failure of the liberal democrats that are 90% responsible for the Katrina mess, people are going to throw fuel on the fire by electing another incompetant bum liberal to the White House.

The failures and the suffering that happened in N.O. should have never happened but it will become common throughout the country over the next 4 to 8 years. Thats what happens when people are stupid enough to elect politicians based upon race and lack of knowlege of their record of "service".

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Hey Boudraux that's sure sounds like a French/Cajun name. You aren't from Louisiana or New Orleans are you? I ask because you ought to know that just because a Louisianan lives near a swamp they ALL DON"T KNOW HOW TO SWIM!!! Also, you know that before Katrina there were TWO false alarm hurricanes with TWO mandatory evacuations all resulting in no devestation and LOT of broke bank accounts! Now, what are the odds that the residents of New Orleans would suddenly take a coming Katrina for it's word?

No matter what it take to leave you say. If you're poor you're supposed to take a grocery buggy? Now I KNOW you aren't from Louisiana!! The mosquitos alone would eat you and your family alive. Not to mention the heat.

I still can't understand the unsympathetic comments ALWAYS popping up whenever Katrina is mentioned especially when they say the residents deserved it because they were too stupid to obey the evacuation command.

Maybe that's the type of callous people filling our government?? You know, the ones responsible for the lack of response when the cries of babies yelled out for water, food and protection????? This was once a great country but now, all we have to do is look in our very recent history books and our own mirrors to see it's as sullied, muddy and bloody as people from the very same country were left to suffer and die like dogs.

Thank you KaginD for not letting what happened to New Orleans die. I have never seen that video.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

My opinion is they stayed behind thinking they were going to loot and get them some free stuff. Just so happened the levee broke and threw a wrench in the works.

I think someone needs to take a course in Humanity. You have absolutly no compassion what so ever.

You need to wise up, and take a look oustide of your box/bubble.I cant belive you watched the video, and said what you said.

Call yourself an Amercian? ..It was inhuman the way they where treated, and it was raceist, you would have to have your head so far up your ass, that all you see is red white and blue, not to know that.

I should of took this to rant,but what the hell.

PS. Great post KaginD s&f

[edit on 11-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This shows the ugly side of Bush Administration. I was saddened by people who died. This is outrageous, Bush must be gone for good. He never thinks about the people, he only thinks about himself.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Is there another site where I can see this video?

When I click the link, it says;

" Veoh is no longer available in TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.
If you are not in TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO or you think you have received this message in error, please report the issue below."

I'm in Trinidad and cannot watch the video. What's up with that? Is there another link I can use? I'd really like to watch it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
try using a CGI Proxy

Just save the URL from the original link and paste it into the URL box on the proxy server page. It may be a good workaround for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Your kidding me right? whining and crying about the "poor" who couldnt get away? last time i checked it didnt cost me a damn thing to walk. Or for that matter, take some of those shoes they looted and jog their asses out of the flooding. Come on folks, we call anyone who disagrees inhumane? when SHTF i dont intend to be "humane" i intend to survive. And that means moving away from the place where those chances are lessened. You dont sit around and bellyache when your dying, you get off your ass and get clear, find a place where you can in fact survive and provide for yourself and close ones in the short term. That does NOT mean looting shoes and televisions. Dont make excuses for poor behavior. And last time i checked nobody TOLD or FORCED those people in the dome to stay in such deplorable conditions, it just happened to be easier to let someone else assume responsibility for others instead of doing it themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
After Katrina, I met a black woman at an airport in somewhere, USA., from New Orleans. She, with her son were on their way to a relatives in another State and told about losing everything, not being allowed to even approach their defunked properties to attempt to salvage a thing.

As we talked, a white woman approached. She was listening and decided to give some input. She was from texas, and her husband worked for a company that won a huge contract in the cleanup effort.

She told us that her husband was on New Orleans and had been there for less than a week.

When she received word from him, he explained that upon arrival at the initial site, inspecting the work ahead, he, who was in shorts due to the heat and humidity, became concerned when a group from (can't remember the agency) arrived in full contamination suits complete with full face masks.

Evidently, he was contemplating leaving the area, though the pay was high, for he was suspicious of his own safety as there were working in an area where these contamination suits were utilized, but no info or warning of any danger concerning the fear it brought seeing these suits while being exposed to the elements.

Anyways, that's what I remember from meeting these two fellow citizens, and I wonder to this day how much money could be worth a potential health hazard that seemed to me a no brainer from hearing the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I still believe that the state and locals were more to blame than the feds in this mess. I believe there was ample time to get most folks to safety had the warnings been headed.

The aftermath was an absolute debacle.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
without reading all the posts, the commentator talking about bartering a can of viennna sausages in trade for a vehicle smash-and-grab is compelling.

it almost seems like the "powers that be" were testing these people and environment.
just in a matter of a few days, society/infastructure collapsed.

it all makes a major unrest or protest with MASS amounts of people a pretty available reality.

thanks for posting this video. indeed all should watch.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thats freaking sad - all those old people & babies that suffered is just crazy...But honestly looting? What the hell are you going to do with electronics during a situation like Katrina? Some people regardless of color do some stupid # during a bad time.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ive only just found this site and this is the first thread ive read...

I cant believe some of the replies on here, suggesting in some way it was the fault of the 30000 + people.

Do the people who leave these replies truly understand the concept of poverty?

Going by the logic of some, No natural or man made disaster should ever result in other humans suffering.

One poster commented on why didnt they just walk North, on that note why didnt you along with others just drive South and help.

Examples of Disasters which could have been avoided by walking away.

Man Made
1. 6 million Jews, Gypsies, Russians, Disabled etc should have just walked to Russia, France, UK,Spain. Result = No Holocaust

2. Ethiopians during the civil war should have just walked to Kenya, Uganda, Sudan = No Famine.

3. The marshlands Shia Iraqis under Saddam should have just walked into Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan result = no mass execution.

Natural
4. Sumatra-Andaman had warnings, why didnt they just walk into Malaysia, Jakarta, Thailand. Result 275000 saved.

The list goes on....Pakistan, Columbia, Tangshan, Kobe...they should have all just walked away.

Why dont the 23 million of Southern California pack up and get out, the are fully aware of the earthquake risks?

To the poster who made comment about people looting T.Vs and other electrical equipment, do we really feel they need to be shot over a T.V. Breaking the law maybe, but stealing a T.V. from an abanded shop surely doesnt warrent being murdered?

Why shouldnt we rely on the Government, Services/Forces, Coast Guard, Rescue, Local Government, whoever else could have helped.

Arent we there employers? Dont we pay them for a service?

Im sure there were people with ill intent, or people who got warning and could have left in time. But im sure they didnt think what happened was going to happen. But what possible reason would anyone have, for believing anything that comes out of the likes of Bushes mouth. I dont even need to give examples of why the opposite is true.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

This video shows us what a good man Brian Williams is. It's too bad this video was not a prime time special--but I'm sure his management would frown on that. Still it's nice to know there are good people working in the 'system'--and at least he gave us this video--even if it is only internet accessible.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The worst part about New Orleans is that this will happen again.... since 1559 there have been 172 that have affected Louisiana's coast and out of this number 38 have hit New Orleans via Lake Pontchartrain.

That works out at every 12 years you can expect New Orleans to be hit.

Now are people dumb, slow or not very bright but they have had nearly 300 to 400 yrs to get this right...... build suitable houses.... gable roofs and timber not the best idea. Even Bangladesh has been able to build hurricane shelters for its people?

In 2004 (Hurricane Ivan) showed the authorities the problems that needed to be addressed??????

time to LEARN and stop blaming others for there problems.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join