It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
KaginD,

I understand your passion on watching this video.

Passion is a chakra.

A higher chakra is compassion.

So the mother in you recoils at the conditions experienced in NO in the aftermath of Katrina.

The fact is that the majority of people who stayed and did not evacuate CHOSE to stay. The parents of the children or the caregivers of the elderly and infirm and incompetent, were able to transport themselves and their charges to the Superdome in harsh, despicible conditions. Therefore they COULD have done the same thing days earlier and gotten on a bus and gotten out or harms way.

Look beyond your passion/compassion and see the choices, however poor they were, that carried unforseen and at times deadly consequences for these people.

Messing through chance with a hurricane, is like playing russian roulette with a nine shot revolver. Eventually the cylinder with the round is going to come up to the firing position. Does not matter if you survived fifteen hurricanes, eventually one is going to get you.

It was not like the Titanic, where there were not enough escape avenues, and decisions were made by people for women and children to evacuate the ship first. Evacuation of NO was more that five days happening, and there were only 500,000 people to evacuate.

The average professional football superbowl is attended by one sixth of the number of people in NO. And I bet that it takes about six hours to evacuate the stadium after the game ends.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Those who stayed or made their children, infirm, elderly, incapacitated or handicapped stay and not get on a bus are the ones who are responsible.

The fact that they walked to the Dome from where they chose to ride the storm out proves that they could have walked to where the bus was loading up to leave town prior to the hurricane arrival.

Lots of the looters looked like they weighed over three hundred pounds. It would have taken a couple of months to starve to death in that condition.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
While I watched it, I thought about how America was reduced to a third world country and how little the rest of the US helped, how little the leader helped and how he got away with it. At the end of the day, the big USA does not give a # about its foreign policy and it treated the people within this state in the same manner and approach as it does other countries around the world.

Did many of the victims of Katrina end up hating their own Government for their treatment? And this was an act of Mother Nature! Now 10000x this in countries that the USA has went into by force and caused harm, hurt, death and destruction.

“we had to ask federal men with guns to surround us and watch our backs, while we were doing NBC one night” Go into Iraq you American pussy and ask the Iraqi police force to do the same.

If ever there was a country in this world that needed to collapse in on itself and rebuild, the USA is it.

Arrogant bastards.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
While I watched it, I thought about how America was reduced to a third world country and how little the rest of the US helped, how little the leader helped and how he got away with it. At the end of the day, the big USA does not give a # about its foreign policy and it treated the people within this state in the same manner and approach as it does other countries around the world.

Did many of the victims of Katrina end up hating their own Government for their treatment?
"Do you have some proof of victims hating yheir government?"
"And this was an act of Mother Nature!"

"Now 10000x this in countries that the USA has went into by force and caused harm, hurt, death and destruction."

Not pertinent to the thread

“we had to ask federal men with guns to surround us and watch our backs, while we were doing NBC one night” Go into Iraq you American pussy and ask the Iraqi police force to do the same.

"What are you talking about here?"

If ever there was a country in this world that needed to collapse in on itself and rebuild, the USA is it.
"Over a response to a natural disaster?"
Arrogant bastards.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney

Originally posted by InterWeb

Did many of the victims of Katrina end up hating their own Government for their treatment?
"Do you have some proof of victims hating yheir government?"
"And this was an act of Mother Nature!"

"Now 10000x this in countries that the USA has went into by force and caused harm, hurt, death and destruction."

Not pertinent to the thread

"What are you talking about here?"

"Over a response to a natural disaster?"
Arrogant bastards.

I really wish that the people on ATS that have no problem with their arrogance entering a room minutes before them and love to show everyone how stupid they are would at least take a moment to clean up some of their posts so that the entire thing is not under one big gray "quote" box.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You mistake my realism and reasoning with facts as arrogance?
What is incorrect about rationalizing that people should have left when they had the opportunity to do so?
Should have left with their children, elderly, infirm and incompetent?
Should have heeded the dire warnings that they were placing themselves in harms way?
Then not leaving two days later are demanding to be cared for?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I will try to answer some of your questions by responding thusly:

"Why didn't these people leave the area..."
Some people didn't have the money or the resources. Some people wanted to protect their
homes from looting. People didn't want to go to a hell-house camp or stadium.

"And when storms come to an area, anyone with ANY SENSE in the head leaves... they didn't... instead they turned to the Goverment..."
After all the $ the government steals from the American People, we DESERVE assistance from them.

"The looters should have been shot on sight."
If I had my druthers, I'd say people who loot during a stressful catastrophe, whether to survive or not,
are seen in a better light than someone who would cowardly pick off people with a gun for stealing.
However, if the owner of the store or home is inside guarding his possessions, I have no problem with
the use of deadly force.

"Let the dissasters of Katrina be a lesson for YOU, and YOUR FAMILY. Don't end like these people, stuck somewhere, begging for Big Goverment to save you"
Like I said before, Big Bro takes a considerable amount of money every year. Think of the preparations
you could purchase with about 20 % or so of YOUR money available. The Government thinks they
OWN us. If they own us then they are obligated to provide help to their citizens. If you feel that they down't own us, which is how I feel, they take what they have to offer, anyway. Also, I wouldn't want to go live in a camp or stadium with the riffraff. Do some research on what happened there.

"If one cannot help themselves, then they deserve nothing."
If one can't help his or her self, maybe they are physically or mentally handicapped, or IQ-deprived.
The Nazis exterminated them.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Why am I beginning to believe that TPTB began their quest to reduce the population at this time?
What's a few more more people lost?

It makes me truly think that if/when we're faced with something else,be it a flu-pandemic,an economic collapse.or whatever it might be that "they" will be more than relieved to throw a percentage of humans to the wolves simply as collateral damage and good riddance?

Inspires confidence...NOT! I believe we're expendable to "them" for the most part.

I loved New Orleans pre-Katrina and went back last year for a wedding: it's still broken and still has a spirit that NOTHING and NO ONE can take!

When people simply stop caring about other people at all we're all finished.

I despair for our future these days,I really do.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
very good video, nice find OP

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
I'm totally shocked! I had no idea that this could happen in America. How did this ever happen? Why was this allowed to happen? I am so, so, shocked and horrified right now.

I just don't know what else to say here - I've tried 3 times to write what I want to say but words just can't say it...............

My love and respect goes to all those that had to live through this.

This is what happens when people believe in the Great Wizard and the land of Oz.

Wake up people. There is no government of the people, by the people and for the people. It is one huge lie and if you keep looking for your government to save you, you might as well lie down on the sidewalk and die now.

The only way that you can hope for a chance when things go bad is to have prepared yourself, your family and your community.

When things go bad so do the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join