It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We have such short memories, this is happening somewhere everyday. I would not call myself religious but I mean it when I say dear God please save us, especially from ourselves.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thank you for this video, It has given me the truth of the situation...Could this be a test by FEMA to see the situation of containing people in droves in effect of NWO, hence FEMA camps mentioned in another post.......?

FEMA Death Camps?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Why didn't these people leave the area...

Many did. Many didn't, it was just a hurricane. Remember, it was almost a day later that the levees broke, people who stayed THOUGHT it was OVER and now it was time to clean up.

I lived in a Hurricane Hot spot...

SO? Is your hot spot a 300 yr old port city with levee protection? If not, there is NO comparison

The looters should have been shot on sight.

The it should make you so very happy to know that AFTER FEMA started bringing in supplies that is exactly what happened.

These people should be happy that FEMA did what they did.

Tell that to the parents of infants that died, tell that to the people who almost died on rooftops WATCHING helicopters day in and day out for almost a week pass over and NOT HELP. FEMA said they were ready, then when push came to shove, it was 4-7 days before people even got water. There were NO STORES OPEN, no place to BUY anything, almost everything was underwater, and if you were in a flooded area you couldn't get out.

Everyone should have left New Orleans. Those that didn't, they knew what could have happen, they knew a HUGE storm was coming. They got what they wanted. They wanted to stay there, and they did.

And it is people who make comments like this that make me truly believe that Nazism could easily come to the US. NO ONE thought the levees would breach. NO ONE. Not FEMA, not the mayor, not the residents, not the rest of the world who saw the weather reports.

In the days before the storm hit, Federal Agents went from house to house confiscating peoples guns. So now, people that DID stay behind, to protect thier house and things.
Urban myth and legend, guns were not confiscated from everyone, in fact I had more than one officer offer me weapons to protect my property.

And NOTHING was confiscated prior to the storm

WEEKS later, when they did the house to house search for bodies and survivors, IF the people lived in an area that was highly damaged, even if their home wasn't, even if they had supplies, they were forced to leave their home, and IF they announced that they had weapons, or brandished them against the S&R teams, then the guns were confiscated.

Yes THAT was unnecessary, We all agree on that, but don't create more urban legend with false information.

People should go as far inland as they can when a hurricane is bearing down. I know this. I lived thru several hurricanes. You get out of town. If you stay, you stay, and you are going to be on your own.

We knew that, and we expected 3-4 days no power and life as usual. We did not expect the entire city to be destroyed in a flood.

What you state here is like ordering an evacuation of NYC on a much smaller scale population wise. Many, many (more than half the population pre-katrina) people here use the public transportation system and do not own cars. There isn't enough space here for everyone to own a car and park it. How are they supposed to evacuate? Don't even say buy a plane ticket or bus or train, most people here don't make much money - things are actually BETTER since Katrina as far as incomes go, but Pre-Katrina, 80% of the jobs in New Orleans paid minimum wage. How does a person, who most likely JUST PAID RENT and bought supplies for that 3-4 days with no power afford to evacuate, especially when they don't own a car?

It's so easy for you to talk your smack when you know NOTHING about how New Orleans was before the storm. Do you not think that a person who pays both federal and state taxes has even some right for those taxes to be used to help them in a disaster like none ever seen before in the US? Apparently not.

people had chances to get out.

What were they? Up until 24 hours before the storm hit, our local news was predicting it would miss us, so was NOAA and the Weather Channel

If one cannot help themselves, then they deserve nothing.

I so hope that you are stocked up and prepared for the coming pain from the economic crisis and that these words don't come back to bite you in the ass.

The goverment should not be your first option
they weren't at first, but then the levees broke and the game changed it's rules. Sorry you are too cold hearted to realize that.

Sorry if i come off as mean...

No you aren't that is exactly how you intended to sound and you were successful

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have a question.

This is to the ones who are saying negative things about the katrina victims.

Are you agents of the Govt, on this board to try to swing popular favor the other way? Are you agents of some other source- here to test peoples' reactions to certain stimuli? I ask this because NORMAL people dont sit and say things about people who go thru misfortune like that. Especially not after seeing the video.

No, I am not being sarcastic, I am not being a tinfoil hat, i am not being funny- I am as serious as a heart attack. Who do you work for? And what is your agenda? Inquiring minds want to know- and I *am* inquiring.....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What exactly does this mean. At the very end of the movie Williams is musing:

"I think this is gonna change our society for a good long while, I think it should actually, for a lot of reasons... when I close my eyes at night... we gotta learn that the last hundred thousand faces out of every major American city are gonna look a whole lot like the souls we came to know in New Orleans."

Sounds eerie and foreboding.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

How sow, because it was true?

Ray and the Governor were the main players in this tragedy, Not FEMA or the President. The blame goes, Mayor, Governor, President, FEMA.

I remember hearing the President blasting about getting the heck out of the area. Who listened? No one. Ray could have gotten a large amount of these people out, but decided to ignore the warnings. Then after the storm, blamed someone else for it. Typical.

Its really really sad that all those people fell victim to this storm. It really ticks me off at the suffering that went on and the absolute apathy towards the warnings that were given well in Advance. Many of these good healthy people, did this to themselves, they should have been helping the sick and afflicted get the heck out of dodge, but chose to stay behind and become part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Then a movie like this is nothing short of a kick in the face...

www.apple.com...

When I first saw this, I was waiting for the punch line... Sadly there never was one... it wasn't a comedy, a drama or anything like it... it was pure propaganda and I cannot believe the government use to tell us how horrible the communists were with their propaganda films...

Umm, riiiiight, thanks for that hypocrisy Father Government...

[edit on 11-10-2008 by ergo.proxy]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I stand corrected.

They didn't raid citizens before Katrina, but in the days after.

Did i live in New Orleans, no, i did not.

But you don't have to live in New Orleans to know what to do in a hurricane. these people choose to stay. that was thier choice.

As someone who belives in the idea that people should be able to make thier own decisions, and be acountable for them, thats thier choice to stay.

People shouldn't have been looting electronics stores. Those people should have been shot.

Food, Water, and other life essentails are fine.
A 72 inch TV, and new Air Jordans, are not life essentails...

Am i happy that people died there, OF COURSE NOT, but people had the chance to leave.

And they choose to stay.

Thats the facts, they Choose to stay.
I had freinds of the family in New Orleans, and they left to Texas DAYS before the storm hit. DAYS BEFORE...

Once the storm moved past the tip of FLorida, it was a Danger to the ENTIRE gulf.
Those with the sense to do so left the area, left the coast.

And this,

NO ONE thought the levees would breach.

EVERYONE knew that would happen.
For YEARS people had been saying that the levees would break IF a major storm came thru.

When i was a child and visted there with my dad, he SHWOED me the levees, and even then as a little kid, i knew that they were not able to stand up to a Major Hurricane. My dad is an engerneer, and told me that they would break, and the city would flood.
It was well known that the levees would not hold against a MAJOR hurricane...

What were they? Up until 24 hours before the storm hit, our local news was predicting it would miss us, so was NOAA and the Weather Channel

Don't wait for goverment to tell you what to do, how can i stress this enough...
Use your own judgement...
Quit waiting for big goverment to save you

I so hope that you are stocked up and prepared for the coming pain from the economic crisis

i hope that EVERYONE can handle themselves. have a support group.
Family
friends
neighbors

if you don't have a car, mabye one of them will
if you don't have water purification tablets, mabye they will
if you have no food, mabye they will...

Don't wait for big goverment to come save you...

Thats what happen in NO.
People just sat around and EXPECTED the big goverment to come save them

I have a question.

This is to the ones who are saying negative things about the katrina victims.

Are you agents of the Govt

HA! I take it that that post is directed at me...

Mabye you didnt even read my post...
I want the goverment out of our lives as much as possible.
All i am saying is that people should take care of themselves, and NOT depend on the goverment to save them
If i am a goverment agent, i should be fired for advocating Small goverment, and less goverment in our lives...

Someone WHO works for the goverment would be pushing for Goverment expansion to deal with a new situation like this one. A goverment agency would be talking about making new Laws, new orginations, new regualtions... and telling everyone that Goverment is here to help you...

Im the complete oppisete.

IM TELLING you to take care of yourself, your family, and your friends, your neighbors.
Don't depend on Goverment to save you
Dont expect them to help you
Dont think that they are looking out for the intrests of you

Federal goverment should protect our Boarders, Language, and our culture.

They shouldn't have to be a protective nanny state
Forceing people to give up thier rights for thier suposed security...

What happen during Katrina should be remembered.
Thats what you cn expect from the GOverment in a bad situation.
Expect nothing more then that.

Use your OWN good will to help others.

Now, there is blame to go around, NO CITY goverment should have had thier stuff together, LA STATE goverment should have had thier stuff togther more.

To just sit back and wait for federal aid is pathetic.

PATHETIC.

I will never be in that situation
Sitting idlely as i wait for Big Goverment to come in on a Shineing Chopper...

When you see a massive storm coming in, prepare yourself.
Don't wait for Goverment to tell you what to do...

And i mean this in ALL parts of life...
We have an econimic storm coming... anyone that can think can see this... The big Goverment says everything will be fine... no worries...
Be worried...
Start preparing...
Talk to your freinds, family, neighbors...
Make a plan... Dont expect the goverment to save you

Thats all i am advocating..
Im in no way defending ANYTHING the goverment did...

Look at how the Oil companies handle this.
They have oil rigs out in the gulf, a WEEK AHEAD OF TIME, they were shut down, and evacuated. All thier employess moved out of the area.

Private orginizations handled themselves well...
Why...
Cause they planned and took action on thier own...
They werent sitting on thier oil rigs, waiting for a goverment rescue, they took action while they could, and avioded danger.

If the people of New Orleans had just started WALKING NORTH, they would have gotten far enough inland to be fine.

You cannot help those that won't help themselves...

From now on, the people of New Orleans are going to tak estorms a bit more serious, next time there is a Monster on their doorstep, mabye they will think to do something themselves... instead of waiting for the goverment to save them...

Again, sorry if i am coming off as mean...
I belive in self-responsiblity
I belive in the freedom of choice

Those people CHOOS to stay in NO.
Thats the truth...
The placed all their chips on the goverment taking care of them.

Thats a bet, I WILL NEVER TAKE

and neither should you

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
People in Homestead Florida still do not have homes. Do you remember that Hurricane?NO, because the media did not sensationalize it. How about Texas this year? Galveston? Devastation. but no looting, rioting or attacks on one another in such a fashion.

Nagin is to blame. Plain and simple. It was a tragedy, in which people died who DID NOT LEAVE with a Cat 4 bearing down on them. That is ignorance. They had no way out because the MAYOR did not act in time. Does anyone remember the TV footage BEFORE the storm, with Nagin stating it will not be bad and we can ride it out and take care of ourselves. NO, because hast does not make good news.

I am in NO way stating that those people, handicapped, minorities or otherwise deserved what happened. However, use some insight and see that it was a disaster that was poorly handled on the state and local level.

So, how about all those VISA cards????

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Does anyone have another link to the video. It is blocked here in Thailand.

National Security? Or so the warning comes up in thai.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Great Post.

I glad somebody, beside me, still cares about the "Great American Crime" being perpetrated, for years now, against the people of New Orleans...

Hope this time the crime will not be forgotten, and that the next Administration, be it D or R, not only rectifies the shame this incident brought upon the USA but, above all, persecute the Criminals responsible for it...

I will only be satisfied wen every person in the "Big Easy" has their home, and life, rebuilt, to the point before Katrina. And I do mean their home, in the same place it used to be...otherwise, I will just continue to think of this Crime Against Humanity as a big attempt, by local and Federal criminals, to make big money out of peoples misery...

I'm glad some people haven't forgotten....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If the people of New Orleans had just started WALKING NORTH, they would have gotten far enough inland to be fine.

Yep, as soon as they all learned Jesus or Chris Angel's secret about walking on water.

Ever heard of Lake Pontchartrain?

Walk North, that is the stupidest thing you could possibly come up with.

Sorry if I sound mean...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Yep, as soon as they all learned Jesus or Chris Angel's secret about walking on water.

Ever heard of Lake Pontchartrain?

Walk North, that is the stupidest thing you could possibly come up with.

Sorry if I sound mean...

Yes i have heard of that lake.

Good fishin...

I didnt say walk on water...

Ok, ill rephrase this to aviod confusion...

Walk further inland...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Please, look at a map and tell me exactly how New Orleanians could possibly walk farther inland? The city is surrounded by water.

1 26 mile bridge over the lake

the twin span bridge to Slidell

How do you get inland on foot from New Orleans.

You can tell me that in a way that would truly work and I'll admit you are completely right about everything you wrote.

map of New Orleans

[edit on 10/11/08 by redhatty]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Didn't have time to watch the anti-america propaganda piece.

The people that relied the most on the government suffered the most when they didn't respond in a timely manner. People have got to learn that government can't always help you. Help youself!

The best thing about Katrina is that it showed the ineptness of Louisiana's government. Kathleen Blanco (D) didn't even try to run for a second term as Governor after her total meltdown. Bobby Jindal (R) got elected and under his leadership we toughed out Hurricane Gustav and Hurricane Ike. It is also safe to say that Mary Landrieu (or Katrina Mary if you live in Louisiana), will not be re-elected in the Senate. The only one that got away with the ineptitude was Ray Nagin, he was re-elected Mayor of New Orleans. What does that say about the city of New Orleans?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yo this touches base with only a few sides of the prism of horror and atrocities.

Everyone on this site pretty much has a grasp of that (I.E. Blackwater's involvement, gun confiscations, unconfirmed (but well reported insatances) of explosive residues divers found at the levee failure points).

Our very highly documented 21st century lives affords us much - too bad our government clearly doesn't in our time of need (Not to mention the thousands and thousands of everybody else who is neglected everyday that disappears off our planet). So whats gonna happen to us when there is something bigger and more national (*cough* financial disaster due to 70+ plus years of arrogant monetary printing and credit lending policies)? Should I even ask. One love to all those who were thirsty, stranded, and survived it. Thanks for another reality vid.

Oh and to the above - definitely. Those people needed to first off never live there and be like the smarter jews who saw Hitler coming and got out before the storm came. Oh the duality of truth.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by SoulRebel]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Please, look at a map and tell me exactly how New Orleanians could possibly walk farther inland? The city is surrounded by water.
How do you get inland on foot from New Orleans.
[edit on 10/11/08 by redhatty]

Yea...

the city is situated in a bad place...
I cannot advise living in a place that is under sea level...

People had chances to get out of the city.
They could have gone north into Mississippi
they could have moved west to Baton Rouge

Not the best of plans... but, if your desperate...

If your life is on the line, im sure you would do something...
THe furthest i had ever walked in one trip was a little less then 10 miles... it took me more then 5 hours... it was horrible.. in the middle of the night... walking from one side of the town to the other.. oh gawd, terrible... but i did it... why, because if i didnt make it home then i would be in trouble...

Also, you said there is public transport in NO, why couldn't that be used to get out of the city?

Baton Rouge is pretty close... im sure there HAD to be some sort of transportation to that city...
What about getting on a plane like most people did...
or just driving..
Getting on a boat probaly wouldnt have been a good idea, but heading west to Texas on boat several days before would have been fine

Instead, they CHOOSE to stay...

I can't blame them, my family rode out a couple hurricanes before... But, my dad is an engeneer, so we had TONS of supplies... a weeks+ supply of Water and food...

Other times, when a storm was looking REAL nasty, we took off.
Drove away...
Or fly out of the state...

Now, where i lived was just at sea-level... not below it lke New Orleans is, and most of Lousiana is...

Still, there WAS AMPLE oppertunity for people to get out before the storm.
They CHOOSE not to.
For whatever reasons. and more power to them.
Rideing out a Hurricane is an experence that can only be had, not told.'
But you should be able to take care of yourself if you are going to do this...

If waiting for Big Goverment to come save you is your first plan, then you have made a mistake...

Thats all im trying to say here...
Trying to make that point, so in the FUTURE, when something like this happens again, people can make the right choices, Rather then sitting around waiting for Goverment to save them....

Mabye its just me... Some people want limited goverment...
Some people want goverment to wipe thier own butt for them...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A lot of really good posts on page 2. I have my 2 cents to add quickly.

In agreement with the majority here I have to say that this should be the example of how much our government cares about its citizens. We should learn a lesson from this and spread the word to everyone. I've been trying but when you try to start conversations telling people they should be extremely weary of their government... the usual knee jerk reaction is to laugh at me and walk away.

Homeland security ran these operations, in the form of FEMA. Lets all let that sink in and make sure it really sticks. These are the people we gave the power to to protect us the lowly powerless citizens. They knew Katrina was going to happen and had plenty of time to make an emergency response... AMPLE TIME BEFORE AND AFTER THE BRUNT OF THE STORM PASSED... and they did nothing. They didn't even blink an eye as a whole city was dying in front of them.

Now why do people seem to have this idea stuck in their heads that when it happens to the rest of us the Feds and government officials, and the president would respond any differently? They wouldn't. It be New Orleans all over agian.

One of the members posted a reply that this could be an experiment by our government to test the publics reaction to a real crisis like this (sorry should have quotted). I think that that may be closer to the truth than many realize. What better way to gauge a poppulations reactions to the horrible conditions that these people were put through; the general anarchy of the whole situation. Remember, in a situation where everyone starts looting that is pure desperation. I can't in good moral judgment agree that that's a criminal act in a situation like that. And what did they do? The went in with guns and riot battons and starting fighting with the people! The citizens, AMERICAN CITIZENS, your fellow countrymen, were being beaten and starved on the streets, and the federal government did absolutely nothing.

Everybody should be ready. Everybody should have a plan for the unexpected. It's really easy to talk about this stuff with close friends or on internet forums. But when it becomes reality how many of us are really prepared to face FEMA? How many of us are ready to feed are families when we have no food? I myself am only mildly prepared. When this happens to us all the talk is going to be cheap if we all end up the same way that those poor people in New Orleans did. I ain't goin' out like that.

If you're ready to accept that this a reality that could very soon face us all, then its time to act accordingly as well. Maybe its time to start building rations for your families, find a a safe spot to go, or talk about staying with close friends. There will be power in numbers for anyone trying to survive. A group of ten is better than yourself and your family... but only with trusted friends and companions. And i hate to say it (because i know some one will flame me for it) We're gonna need guns. I'm not letting some Homeland Security soldier come into my home and eff with my family. I will do whats necesary. I hope others would do the same.

WE ARE ALL FREE. WE HAVE THE FREEDOM TO DEFEND OURSELVES FROM A GOVERNMENT GONE BAD. AMERICANS SHOULD TAKE TO HEART THAT OUR COUNTRY AND OUR LIVELYHOOD ARE AT A TURNING POINT. WE STAND AT THE EDGE OF A VERY LONG FALL AND OUR GOVERNMENT WILL NOT HELP US. WORKING MEN AND WOMEN AND MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES ARE IN DANGER AND SHOULD BE PREPARED. PLEASE BE READY TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILIES AND REMEMBER YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN.

It's important... ya know??

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
What exactly does this mean. At the very end of the movie Williams is musing:

"I think this is gonna change our society for a good long while, I think it should actually, for a lot of reasons... when I close my eyes at night... we gotta learn that the last hundred thousand faces out of every major American city are gonna look a whole lot like the souls we came to know in New Orleans."

Sounds eerie and foreboding.

I was wondering that as well. It sounds like he knows something.hmmm
Anyways,great video. We had our older boys watch it,so they can see just how much our government cares.
No, I don't rely on our government to help me in a time of need,but the lack of response was inexcusable.For them to say that they only found out about those people on day FOUR is ridiculous.The media sure knew they were there and it was all over TV.Just more lies and blame shifting,something our government officials are pros at.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join