It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So McCain says that we shouldnt be scared of Obama as president

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Why? I'll tell you, he ruffles the feathers and stirs the pot with ads, then when he is in person, he chooses the high road.

Sorry, but you really have to use simple child psychology on this one.
McCain WANTS people to be afraid of Obama. By saying what he said, he's putting the bee in people's bonnet....he's casting doubt in people's minds....making them think...dwell. I think he's playing his cards well. Bravo McCain!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If he had a stroke of conscience, he'd instruct Palin to lay off, too.

Yes exactly, thanks for making that point

The McCain campaign wants to instill this idea into our heads!

Actually they want to drill, baby, drill it into our heads.

You say a lie enough and people believe it. That's the point.

HALF WAY THERE...

THIS whole direction is an attempt to play into prejudices and unsettled
tinges of racism that lay under the surface. Identity driven - divide and conquer.

LETS ADMIT IT FOLKS!

Why are you bringing pillows to a knife fight?

If anyone here had the sack to say it like it is I would respect you greatly.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My respect for John McCain just sky-rocketed. I'm still not going to vote for him, but I have seen a side of him I didn't know existed.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll

Originally posted by bknapple32
Why? I'll tell you, he ruffles the feathers and stirs the pot with ads, then when he is in person, he chooses the high road.

Sorry, but you really have to use simple child psychology on this one.
McCain WANTS people to be afraid of Obama. By saying what he said, he's putting the bee in people's bonnet....he's casting doubt in people's minds....making them think...dwell. I think he's playing his cards well. Bravo McCain!

AMEN !

CAN you go one step further and specify what human instincts and predisposition's MCCAIN is BANKING ON???

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

here is a link to the video so you can put it into context

www.youtube.com...

don't know how to insert video.

you sure do accuse people of lying a lot or potentially lying.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotoplooker
My respect for John McCain just sky-rocketed. I'm still not going to vote for him, but I have seen a side of him I didn't know existed.

YES in this regard me 2!

Like ten points up for me as well!

HE knows what this was tapping into - JUST as everyone knows...

JOHN HAS BALLS AND SOME FORTITUDE! I salute the guy.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think McCain is a great man, and I am not one of his supporters in this election. I doubt he has much control over his own campaign. It has the fingerprints of Rove and the GOP slime machine all over it.

I feel sorry for him.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

You may be right on the manner they use it. My fight is they have the right to use his middle name regardless if it meant to give a certain meaning. If you restrict a person right to say that name then one is doing the very same thing they are accusing Bush of doing. I have no fight on the intent. I am sure it is used to make Obama look bad. But the percentage who buy into it are the same percentage that buys into the theory he is a Muslim. In other words, you will not change somebody views based on his middle name. You either believe Obama is a Muslim or you don't. And the ones who do are a small percentage.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
I think McCain is a great man, and I am not one of his supporters in this election. I doubt he has much control over his own campaign. It has the fingerprints of Rove and the GOP slime machine all over it.

I feel sorry for him.

I think Mccain could should have let this side of him shine all along for I admire it.
HIS sociopathic strategists really boned him... He should not have catered to these forces.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just saw the complete video on TV with the question and his complete answer. Along with a woman who took the mike and said that she didn't trust Obama.... She said "He's an Arab."

McCain took the mike back from her and said, "No. He's a decent person."

He's not an Arab, he's a decent person??? That's not going to sit well...

Poor John. I feel bad for him, too.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
AMEN !
CAN you go one step further and specify what human instincts and predisposition's MCCAIN is BANKING ON???

Well, that would be fear, survival and common sense, which apparently the majority of younger Americans lack. They're all too concerned about being cool, hip.....PC. Meanwhile, America declines, and then everyone wonders why????

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by mental modulator

You may be right on the manner they use it. My fight is they have the right to use his middle name regardless if it meant to give a certain meaning. If you restrict a person right to say that name then one is doing the very same thing they are accusing Bush of doing. I have no fight on the intent. I am sure it is used to make Obama look bad. But the percentage who buy into it are the same percentage that buys into the theory he is a Muslim. In other words, you will not change somebody views based on his middle name. You either believe Obama is a Muslim or you don't. And the ones who do are a small percentage.

WE ARE IN AGREEMENT!

100%

I respect your post greatly!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
In that video clip, a good man showed himself. It showed in his eyes and his body language. He gained TONS of respect in my book. Like i said, he seemed genuine to me there. I admire him for it.

IT was a crossroads for him in a way. He could have went either way....and he took the high road. IF he went the other way things could have gotten utterly disgusting.

As i said before, he just received my vote.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I always liked McCain especially when he said that Bush Is "All hat, no cattle" even though he supported Bush wholeheartedly in the end. Some Maverick!

I also think that McCain softening his stance on Obama is a strategic move.
The Negative campaigning was not winning any converts. In fact a lot
of thinking moderate GOP people were turned off by the attack ads and withdrew their support and their contributions.

Now Palin has started her melt down.

God it must suck to be a Republican now!! Having the crowd boo the candidate on a campaign stop. Talk about loyalty. To me it just goes to show that the loyalty is to Rush and Sean.

John McCain has my utmost respect for calling the mouth breathers on their racism and hate.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll

Originally posted by mental modulator
AMEN !

Well, that would be fear, survival and common sense, which apparently the majority of younger Americans lack. They're all too concerned about being cool, hip.....PC. Meanwhile, America declines, and then everyone wonders why????

HEY I am a "YOUNGER" voter...

I would much rather spare the PC.

This line of attack taps into fear for certain -

HOWEVER COMMON SENSE is not a quantifiable concept in this case. IF my common sense differs greatly from yours does that invalidate the existence my BELIEFS/SENSE?

You could easier separate my life from my body than change my core beliefs, morality or perspective.

CONSIDERING that my sense is more INDICATIVE of me than my heart beat,
how could anyone deny its lack of existence?

YOU see my COMMON SENSE TELLS me that this is an attempt to politicize and incite
the forces of INTOLERANCE and hate. It makes sense because this strategy happens every election - ( except 2000 )

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What McCain is saying is that he is giving up. He is tired and cannot keep up with all this campaining. Actually, both parties are saying the same old thing and nothing about the real issues at hand. I will not vote this time around. Everyone stinks and they know it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Obama isnt an arab, hes a decent person... Sounds racist to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

In the clip where the woman says Obama is an arab. McCain said he wasn't and that he was a decent man.

This is the only thing i've seen this entire election that seems absolutely geniune to me, on both sides. He was being McCain. I felt that he really meant what he said. I know some of you will throw your spin on it that he's trying to get political gain, i didn't see it. Seriously, what can he gain from this? I'll tell you what he gained...

My respect.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

You're crowing about nothing, really. Obama and Ayers attended six board meetings together for an education project -- about 25 - 30 years after Ayers' "terrorist" days. Ayers held a meet and greet at his home for Obama and other Democrats; it was one of a few gatherings held in their neighborhood at different locations. And their paths crossed a few more times at other education related events. That's it. The whole gamut. There's no secret conspiratorial terrorist plotting in dank, dark boiler rooms to speak of.

You keep saying that the American people have a right to know. Well, the details are all over the Internet. But maybe you've been distracting by all the Obama the Communist - Muslim terrorist tirades that have flooded the Internet over the past few weeks. All of the "palling around with terrorists" crap.

If you really want to know, you can find out. What you won't find is Ayers and Obama comparing notes on how to build pipe bombs.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
In that video clip, a good man showed himself. It showed in his eyes and his body language. He gained TONS of respect in my book. Like i said, he seemed genuine to me there. I admire him for it.

Look, as it was said earlier in this thread, if it was truly genuine then McCain wouldn't have his attack dogs drilling this whole 'Obama is a Terrorist' mantra into crowds of people. But they do, he allows this because it's part of his campaign strategy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join