It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted paedophile found strangled and dumped in woods

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
All I can really say is that I've always been a fan of the Boondock Saints...

I wouldn't feel any remorse if I knew someone was out there killing felons out on bail or gang lords...

i completely agree.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good for him!!! I hope we see more of this.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I agree with vigilante justice. Why? Well because the legal system is just that, a bureaucratic system with loop holes and such that is constantly abused and milked by the most perverted deviants and criminals of the country/world. They have no fear for repercussion and so they commit their crimes with impunity. For example did you know that Ted Bundy, probably the most infamous serial killer in our history, committed over 35-40 murders and half of them were after he escaped TWICE from police custody? I feel vigilante justice is justified and for anyone that disagrees and thinks it's somehow wrong then I challenge you to this question:
what gives the court or a judge the right to dole out a specific judgement or penalty? Is it god, is it the almighty himself? A judge is nothing but a human being, and a court is nothing but an assembly of human beings making their own rational decisions and as such any other human being, such as the family member of the criminal has the same rational right by God to dole out his own justice, in fact he has MORE of a right considering it was his family member that was punished and not that of the judge's or attorney's. And as such I hope that such vigilante justice prevails more and more as it will give a palpable reason for criminals to FEAR committing their disgusting crimes. They will know that though they may be able to hide from the police and hide from strict judgements by ridiculously lenient courts by making 'deals' with prosecutions, they will never be able to hide from the indignant and vengeful family members of their victims.
I say God bless whoever put this sick pervert to rest.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Here's the way I see it, and sorry if anyone here takes offense to it.

People like this deserve nothing less then what this person went through.

He RUINED another living persons life, goodness only knows what this person will grow up like, will she be scarred for life? Live with constant angst?

We across the world need to drop this "über liberal" thinking like; "Oh, but he's a human being with his faults, we can't possibly kill him, because that would be wrong!"

Well, it's WRONG to allow such people to be released, only to do it again. As another poster in here said, they'll do it again. The only way to prevent this from happening is either A.) Life without the possibility of parole or B.) Death.

I have no respect for these people. In my eyes, they are the lowest of the low, not even worthy of being called human.

Just my 0.2Ameros.

FK

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I personally think this was a little too much punishment. I do think this man deserved to live. BUT i don't think he should have gone unpunished. He should be banned from a normal neighborhood (as in a family oriented one). There should be a GATED community built for pedo's that is under 100% surveillance. On top of that, they are obviously eff'd up sexually, molesting little kids...and managing to find pleasure in it...now that is really scary to me. Take away their reproductive organs (yep, off with their dicks).

They still get the breathe of life...just not the ability of abuse.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well i think it's wrong to take the law into your own hands unless you're under attack. However i'm willing to bet that if someone i cared abut had been abused and i had the chance to get back at the person that did it, then all reason would go out the window.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over a paedophiles death.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The government is just the gang in charge of the turf. "Justice" is the process of protecting the gang's power from those who would threaten it. That is why someone who threatens the President receives immediate attention from the Feds and someone who rapes a child is treated as a nuisance. And, of course, "vigilantes" are dealt with harshly, because they undermine the enforcers of the gang.

It warms my heart to see this new article. I certainly hope to see many more like it. In fact, I am MORE confident of the ability of individuals to mete out true justice than I am of the government to do so. I raise my glass in a toast to the "murderer." If my child had been touched, that man would have still been begging for death.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i think the worst thing abotu this is that the police has to waste money to find people that have cleared the streets of a sick child abuser.

really gets my goat that this will cost thousands, add that to the bill he probably ran up getting the police and social services looking after him scince he got out of jail.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i loved boondoc saints to and the punisher was my favorite comic but the point is who has the right to decide who lives and dies the general public mabey butt the general public is fallable which is why we have a judge an jury

but if said judge and jury fail should people be allowed to take the law into there own hands better yet if you kill somone in revenge does that make you a murderer

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebox

I personally believe these 'offenders' should be dealt with more severely, but should that decision be in the hands of the general public? I’m not so sure.

Yes I believe it should be dealt with by the general Public.

If the general Public doesn't agree with how it was dealt with, then the general Public will deal with that person too

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

You do not have to agree with me, but my point stands...if you have the right to kill him, why does he not have the right to rape a child. Both things in my opinion are morally wrong...

Are you saying that if you knew that a person was going to bomb a crowded restaurant that you would not do everything in your power to prevent them from doing it?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sometimes the government doesn't give enough justice so common folks must take law into their own hands.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Problem solved! ~goes for a cup of coffee and a smoke~

LOLOLZ

I agree!

Its perfectly natural for this to happen, what do you think we will sit around and keep taking it ?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Tho I am not in any way religous, but I am curious to something while reading through these posts.

What would God do?

Forgive?

Or kill?

A child who was killed by a molester goes to heaven and stand in front of God. What would that child be saying to God about why the child is there and what caused their death to bring them before God.

Would God say, "you must forgive the sins of others as I forgive the sins of you"??

Or would God say to the child, "dont you wish you could go back down there and kill that person who killed you, or would you like for my other human creations to step in and kill your killer? Should that be allowed and I as God forgive the killers who killed you?"

I think the molester/pedophile should have been locked away for good if not for a period of about 50 years or more.

First time offense, lock em up for a very very long time or for life. Let them spend that time thinking of what they did and let them spend that time thinking about what to say when its time to stand before the big G.

Again I am no religous person by any means. Just throwing in some valid questions because no matter how many in here believe in God or not, the judicial system and population majority do.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If Paedophilia got the death penallty it would make things so much simpler
If Rapist got the death penalty...it would make things so much better
If violent criminals were all dyed Orange it would be so much safer
I am all out of bright ideas..so lets just start with one..if you touch a child YOU DIE that simple.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
The government is just the gang in charge of the turf. "Justice" is the process of protecting the gang's power from those who would threaten it. That is why someone who threatens the President receives immediate attention from the Feds and someone who rapes a child is treated as a nuisance. And, of course, "vigilantes" are dealt with harshly, because they undermine the enforcers of the gang.

It warms my heart to see this new article. I certainly hope to see many more like it. In fact, I am MORE confident of the ability of individuals to mete out true justice than I am of the government to do so. I raise my glass in a toast to the "murderer." If my child had been touched, that man would have still been begging for death.

Excellent post sir. Star for you!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I actually read the article.

This man did not "rape" a child. This man did not "kill" anyone. The crimes were committed "years" ago. He went to jail/prison because of his crimes. The article never states the age of his victims. Sounds to me that he exposed himself to a few girls. Fed alcohol to one and played strip poker with her. I dont see a small child liking the taste of alcohol or playing poker. Sounds like a teenage girl to me. 16 years old is A LOT different than 4 years old. Still it's wrong.

If a parent of a child, who knew this man was a sex offender, saw this man talk to a child... they should have called the police. The police would have questioned the man about it. It could have been something as simple as "please stay out of my yard little girl.. I am not allowed to be in contact with children" Or "wanna see my old wrinkly penis?" let the police determine that.

He obviously made several errors in judgment in the PAST. It is entirely possible he has/had a mental defect. He may himself been abused as a child.

So are angry mobs going to start killing mental ill people? How about fathers that don't pay child support? Here in the US people drive through 25 MPH school zones at 45... kill them too?

Here in the US you can be in possession of naked pictures of a 17 year old child that you got from a website that stated all models were 18 and older. If the police were looking at your computer for a tax evasion charge and found those pics you could be charged with a sex crime. Thus labeling you a sex offender the rest of your life. Move to a new neighborhood and the neighbors find that you are a sex offender, they then start to watch your every move. They have NO idea what kind of sex offender you are. They see you talking to your little nephew that you and your wife are babysitting and assume you are going to rape that child. Then they follow you to work, stop you.. then kill you for being a child molester.

Just because you do not agree with the courts punishment for this man does not give anyone the right to kill him in cold blood.

sounds like the ones with a mental defect were in the angry mob. Child molesters=BAD Killing people because of your assumptions about them=Horrible/Criminal

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Three theories of crime and punishment:
Retribution=eye for eye tooth for tooth. You must have the guilty person for this to be just. Historical and biblical
Deterrence=punishment equals crime. not necessary that the guilty person is punished as the punishment serves to deter further crime.
Rehabilitative=crime and the cause of crime can be understood and cured or treated. Our current system in the USA is a hodge podge of all three. That is what makes it so frustrating to understand how the punishment fits the crime.
Most crime is caused by choice. Criminals solve their problems illegally.
They choose to take what they want when they want it. Most people restrain themselves with morals, sobriety, temperence, values, rules and taboos. Criminals do not employ those morals and values which are taught to virtually all humans. They choose to offend.
So life for life is the retribution of capital punishment.
Homicide of a pedophile in the murders mind is equal to the pain the pedophile inflicted on them through their crime against a loved one.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thebox

If it was batman or the punisher killing this guy though, everything would be fine right? Justice prevails while the world moves on. Maybe it was wrong and evil, maybe it was right and justice.. The guy is dead so it doesn't really matter how we argue about it. Maybe this nation COULD use a little well-aimed vigilante justice though.. Only because our legal system is so ridiculously sad that people who actually committed crimes can easily get off without a hitch and people not even involved with the crime can sometimes be charged with something they didn't do in the first place. And, IMO, even in cases where criminals are actually caught and charged, the penalty does NOT fit the crime.

The bible is where alot of America's ethics and values derive. Everyone has always been told "killing is the worst sin of all". It is not even religious anymore. It is a taboo that is built-in to American culture. Yet, there are huge double standards people often overlook because people fail to see their own ignorance from the outside in.

Double standards like..

- The death penalty
- Military soldiers being cheered on by family and friends at home while those very same soldiers blow other human beings to bloody chunks on the battlefields of the world.

Just to name a couple of the most prominent that immediately come to mind.

I'm not arguing one way or another on the ethical debate about the death penalty. I'm just saying that the double standard exists because people justify humans killing other humans in certain situations where it is "needed" (whatever that means) even when their own culture considers it taboo.

Don't get me wrong..
I'm perfectly fine with soldiers blowing terrorists to bits and convicted killers being executed for their crimes if a judge finds that verdict fitting. I built bombs in the U.S. Air Force for 6 years. Building things that kill people and break their stuff on the battlefield was our entire purpose..The difference is that I am not an idiotic hypocrit. I did it for a few years, I was good at what I did, and we took great pride in our work.

Maybe I'm a sociopath, maybe I'm not.. But make no mistake..Modern media is not just a projection of human nature, it also injects values and norms into society until it suddenly becomes "socially accepted" for 6 month-olds to wear high heels and 11 year old girls to look like prostitutes while at Wal-Mart with their parents. Values and social norms don't matter anymore. When you have kids, and you are trying to raise them from a young age to be decent, respectable adults, THIS STUFF MATTERS.. About 3 hours ago we watched some guy beat the living heck out of some drunk lady up the road.. We had to call the cops, the whole 9 yards. Noone can preach to me about "Values" and "ethics".. Because as far as I'm concerned you can shove it up your *$&#(..

-ChriS

[edit on 10-10-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
Three theories of crime and punishment:
Retribution=eye for eye tooth for tooth. You must have the guilty person for this to be just. Historical and biblical
Deterrence=punishment equals crime. not necessary that the guilty person is punished as the punishment serves to deter further crime.
Rehabilitative=crime and the cause of crime can be understood and cured or treated. Our current system in the USA is a hodge podge of all three. That is what makes it so frustrating to understand how the punishment fits the crime.
Most crime is caused by choice. Criminals solve their problems illegally.
They choose to take what they want when they want it. Most people restrain themselves with morals, sobriety, temperence, values, rules and taboos. Criminals do not employ those morals and values which are taught to virtually all humans. They choose to offend.
So life for life is the retribution of capital punishment.
Homicide of a pedophile in the murders mind is equal to the pain the pedophile inflicted on them through their crime against a loved one.

Very strong post, for which I starred you. But you didn't state whether you agreed with it or not? Just curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join