It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted paedophile found strangled and dumped in woods

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know the point I was trying to make. In all likelihood it wasn't random at all, but how do you actually know it wasn't? If it was, that kinda takes care of the "justice" doesn't it? Serial killers do target strange victims, though odds are rather against it, but what if?, again kinda takes the "justice" out of the whole thing doesn't it?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Gee, I hope the dead guy wasn't innocent.
NEXT THREAD POSTED:
Earthman4 found strangled and dumped in woods by a mob for defending scum.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
You missed the point i was making. To quote arostotle "The law is reason free from passion". What you are demonstrating is an emotional response.

This has been on the tip of my tongue since the thread started, but I couldn't remember the exact quote nor who actually said it in order to 'google' it. Thanks.

The problem with much of the lynch mob's hysteria, is that their demand for an emotional response is very, very selective. They want it when it suits them.

Imagine, for instance, you were involved in a car accident of some kind and you killed someone. You admit you made a small error, but the actual ramifications were massive and you accidentally killed a child. The grief of the parents is going to be understandably massive, they've lost a child. They want what they perceive as justice. Now who's judgement are you going to trust? The hysterical mother mourning the loss of her child, or are you more inclined to favour the idea of a judge that can step back from that emotion?

Whilst the story in the opening post and this example is different, the underlying truth is the same, you can't be selective in how you treat justice. It has to be emotion-lead all the time, or none of the time: you can't pick-and-choose.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nivek Serca

Firstly, I have said I do not think this man should ever be on the streets again. He should be in prison for life, no chance of bail.

There is the solution.

Secondly, no I don't think I stand on some moral high ground, btu I do not want to live in a country where we pretend to understand what other people are going to do and kill them because of it.

Statistics may say that it is highly likely this man would have re-offended again; but unless every single child molester ever convicted anywhere in the world has re-offended, we cannot say this man would have. Now, we need somewhere in the middle to punish this man, prison for life is the answer. I don't mind paying taxes towards looking after him if it means my country doesn't devolve into killing people for things they might do in the future based on what they have done in the past.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
You know the point I was trying to make. In all likelihood it wasn't random at all, but how do you actually know it wasn't? If it was, that kinda takes care of the "justice" doesn't it? Serial killers do target strange victims, though odds are rather against it, but what if?, again kinda takes the "justice" out of the whole thing doesn't it?

Okay I will admit I am confused. So what if it wasn't random. So perhaps there is a serial killer that happens to have a thing for elderly males. Alright then, very common fetish.

Even if that IS the case, are you implying that the police will not be looking for this individual?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Not sure what some posters are attempting to achieve in this thread.

Serial paedophile. Proven paedophile. Released by dim-wits into society.

Society eliminates paedophile.

Done.

Paedophile dead.

Was dying from the second he was born in any case -- just like the rest of us.

Seventy years of depravity at the expense of who-knows how many children

Was going to die anyway. Soon. Old. Old depraved piece of garbage.

Now dead.

People say, 'Good'.

Why does that enrage so many here ?

SO MANY reasons have been put forth as to why killing the paedophile was 'wrong'.

Ironic. As I said in earlier posts, we don't see this sort of indignation when non-paedophiles are killed in wars for profit.

So, there's 'good killing' and 'bad killing' according to some.

Baloney

What is hiding in all this is fear .. fear that the plebs are slipping out of control. Shriek, horror. Gee, the plebs are thinking outside the prescribed box here. The plebs have lost their usual, conditioned fear of authority here. Yikes. Quick .. convince them that human emotion is tantamount to excreta on the table. Convince them that the Law is Good and Just and Right and Can Be Trusted and Must Never Be Opposed.

Get these plebs back in their CAGES, fgs !

Uh uh. Not working. The plebs have NEVER been as malleable and easily manipulated as the manipulators have wanted to believe.

So FEAR US

FEAR the Plebs

ESPECIALLY fear the plebs when you even THINK about or even IMAGINE unleashing your foul perversions on our children.

Don't presume to PREACH to us about HOW we should behave.

WE PAY the Law. Don't forget that. WE EMPLOY the Law. WE OWN the Law. And the lawmakers.

And we KNOW that. We KNOW it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Before I sign off, I've remembered two reasonably well publicised murders of paedophiles which occurred in Australia in the past decade.

The first occurred on the Gold Coast in Queensland. It was particularly gory and the local newspaper was limited in the detail it could publish, but what emerged was of a ghastliness which on its own should be enough to deter any paedophile.

A man in his middle years was discovered drowned in a local river or swamp. Investigations led to the arrest of approx. half a dozen people ranging in age from late teens to mid-30s. It transpired that the group had systematically tortured the paedophile for hours .. had repeatedly beaten him and raped him with a broken chair leg, after which they dragged him to the water's edge and strangled and drowned him. In short, they had inflicted upon the paedophile as much pain and terror as they were able. It was believed that some of those arrested had been childhood victims of the paedophile, whilst other involved were siblings and other family members, friends, etc.

They had found the paedophile and had attempted to inflict upon him the suffering they'd experienced as children, at his hands.

Second case took place in Wooloongong in New South Wales. One of the murder victims in that instance was a member of the Local Council, said to be a paedophile, plus another man, also alleged to be a paedophile.

Both were tortured, disembowelled and their innards draped artistically around their homes, with slogans written upon the walls in their blood.

A tv-documentary was made about the murders and several lengthy versions were publicised in magazines and newspapers.

Since then, I've read conspiracy theories suggesting the men were murdered for other reasons and revenge stories used to as cover. Whatever the case, that the men were paedophiles seems not to have been disputed, nor the fact they were murdered by one or more teenaged boys.

In Northern Queensland, in the 1950s or 60s, two little girls disappeared whilst waiting for the school bus. Their bodies were discovered some days later. The case remained unsolved and open for decades. In the 1990s, an elderly man, then in his 80s, was charged with their rape and murder. Despite the evidence, the aged paedophile denied the charges .. he was desperate to retain his liberty. Too bad. He was found guilty.

In Queensland again, a school-teacher, then in his 60s or 70s was charged with serial paedophile offences thoughout several decades against very young pupils who, as adults, located each other and succeeded in putting the paedophile in jail. Amongst his many victims therefore were also his elderly wife, his daughters and grandchildren. The paedophile pleaded not guilty. He went to jail.

A quick strangling, as despatched the paedophile under discussion in this thread, is exceedingly merciful when compared to the several hours torture inflicted on the first murdered paedophile listed in this post, I'm sure you'll agree.

Children DO have rights, though those rights are ignored by paedophiles.
Nevertheless, children are aware of the unforgivable injustice inherent in paedophilia, even if the Law seems to be of the same opinion as paedophiles when it comes to the rights of children. And children (and their parents, siblings, friends, etc.) WILL demand and pursue justice, despite the Law's seeming ignorance of it. And that's the way it is.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe street justice actually makes a difference and serves as a real deterrent but then again I'm from Northern Ireland were punishment beatings are quite common. In some cases they are vicious and overboard but there is honestly no doubt in my mind it helps to cut the crime significantly.

In this case I hope one of his victims grew up and caught up with him honestly but any family member has a fully justified motive in my opinion.

No sympathy from me.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
For a group of people preaching that physical and psychological abuse of other humans is wrong (which I agree with) why are you then turning around and saying KILLING humans is right?

The slippery slope I will present here in this post exposes the fundamental dysfunctional position that vigilante justice is based upon.

I mean, what if the family of the criminal (paedophile in this case) you killed felt that you should be killed for what you did? I mean, vigilante justice is in fact illegal, so according to your logic they would have a right to kill you in return.

Then after they kill you to fulfill their personal need to feel justice was served, your family feels they need to kill that family for their flawed retribution murder of you. Then their community is outraged that an entire family was murdered, so their community destroys your community. So, on and so forth until wars are being waged.

An eye-for-an-eye makes the world blind.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

It seems people have lost faith in the legal process. I does work, most of the time. It was designed to keep us from going off half cocked. Lots of going off half cocked is ocurring. First we catch them then we kill them. If we kill them first we risk killing the wrong ones at times. So we have laws. Laws, people. Destroy the pedophiles the right way. they must be removed from our lives with a scalpel not a frenzy of violence. Let the doctor of the law work don't kill the patient with the cure.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
If you start saying such acts are ok then anarchy will rule, the line will get less and less clear and eventually people will be killed over shop lifting.

We are not talking about shoplifting (though I see your point and that is a whole other thread) we are talking about RAPING someones child. If seeking revenge for the rape of one's child equals anarchy then I guess it is time for anarchy to reign.

You state you do not have kids so you don't know how you would react, well first off emotion is NOT something to be ashamed of, and secondly I don't have kids either, but if some sick f__ tortured, abused, killed, or raped someone close to me I would get VERY emotional and I hope that I would have the strength and conviction to take it to heart and put that person in a shallow grave (or failing that grab a piece of wood, such as this killer did, and throw it over the body).

This guy did it because he wanted too, he did it for FUN! Do you get that? It wasn't life or death for him, he just felt the ITCH and he scratched it, and he didn't care about the consequences.

Perhaps it is about principal, and maybe those living in the west have forgotten what principal is. It does seem that all standards of behavior have become "relative" for many. There are some things worth risking all for, and this is one of them. If the "majority" of humans do not approve well....that is their problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This kind of vigilante justice should not be tolerated. The person who committed this crime is a murderer plain and simple. I am amazed at the staggering amount of people who constantly look for an excuse to become absolute monsters. They have these sick and twisted fantasies that they know are wrong but feel justified in carrying them out as long as the victim did something bad first.

Once this person gets a taste of blood who is to say they will stop killing? How can that person be sure his victims truly deserve it? A person who streaks in public will be labeled a sex offender if a child was in the proximity. Does he deserve to be murdered? What about the child who sends nude photos to friends, gets caught and then gets called a sex offender himself? Who gets to decide where the line is drawn? The worlds problems cannot be solved by drenching them in blood and hatred.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing They have these sick and twisted fantasies that they know are wrong but feel justified in carrying them out as long as the victim did something bad first.

Haha! So you just joined today, and MY do you have lots of eloquent opinions! I can't speak for the other posters but when I get creative and write about my sick and twisted fantasies they are a LOT more interesting than anything posted here.

The posts here are about justice and vengeance, sick and twisted isn't even touched on.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Let me reiterate what that this excuse for a MAN admitted to.

Two offences of indecent assault and two SERIOUS SEX offences against three young girls WHO lifes will be scared for longer than the time he spent in prison. He was not a random guy on the street who MAYBE committed these offences and he was not running for U.S presidency. The judge who let him off so easy should lose his job. The people within the industry that sexualise the image of very young girls should recieve some sort of prison sentence. However they did not directly assault these girls like Gordon Boon. I think there still is a difference between encouraging the act and actually committing the act.

So your'e calling me ignorant for advocating the death of a pedo who has been found guilty on account of admitting it.. In my opinion somebody who commits sexual acts on children is committing one of the worst crimes on earth, there is no man made sentence suitable for them, the victims are left with the scars for the REST OF THEIR LIVES. One day when people have finally had enough of our goverments not listening to us and we realise democracy is failing as it did in greece where it originated, people like me will put there lifes onn the line for you, while you hide under your'e floorboards......

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Actually, I said it is never RIGHT to kill, it cannot be RIGHT and no matter how you justify it, it is NOT right. You may feel you're doing reality or the world a favor, you may feel it's justified and that everyone will side with you in the murder.

You may explain it to yourself as who is going to complain about someone useless and degrading to society breathing their last and no longer corrupting and perverting justice/society....

Hello, Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper murdered Prostitutes, many people felt who cares? They're whores, they've wasted their lives and they won't be ruining any other people's marriages or relationships.

It is never right, no matter who you think you are. Even if you are defending yourself, it isn't RIGHT to kill. It can't be right to take a human life.

Being right is different from incidental necessity. I am for people defending themselves, just not deluding themselves into thinking that blood on your hands is fine if it's the blood of your would be murderer/rapist/pedophile because it excuses murder... which is an indelible stain upon the soul.

Paedophiles, Rapists, Hitler and everyone who has ever lived are human beings. Human beings are not to murder and kill. While it happens, and at times society lauds and applauds the murderer with praise and adulation, none of that is right.

No matter the human being, no-one should celebrate the death of a person. It is perverse, it is sick, and it should not be tolerated... but society will tolerate it, they will encourage it because it makes them feel good to determine who the other is, who doesn't belong, who must be relegated to subhuman levels.

Rationalize who isn't deserving of human rights. Rationalize that criminals forfeit those rights. Rationalize that some people don't deserve rights to begin with. Rationalize the murder in your heart.

"That ALL men are created equal, and endowed with inalienable rights by their creator."

And no action by their hands or yours can remove those rights which were born into them as human beings. Nobody has to like it, nobody has to respect it.

But you should damn well realize it's there.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would love to be in a room alne with a CONVICTED peadophile and rip his limbs off with my bare hands, and in the tradition of my celtic ancestors i would probaly cut his head off and wear it as a trophy tied to a belt
This is only a tame verion of what i would do as not to offend the more sensitive males out there

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thebox

Well well well, what can I say its a crying shame isn't it that such a man met such an horrible end? NOT!!!

Well done to the people who did this, they deserve a medal, without wanting to break T&C's but I will say that if someone did what this man did to my children then I'm afraid he would have a very horrific end to his life.

The police should commend the killers, I don't care what any of the political correct/human rights people say, believe me you would have a different oppinon if it was your children in question as victims.

That's what really annoys me, people quick to jump to the gun when they don't seriously consider the nature of a crime or when they change their mind due to subjectivity.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Actually, I said it is never RIGHT to kill, it cannot be RIGHT and no matter how you justify it, it is NOT right. You may feel you're doing reality or the world a favor, you may feel it's justified and that everyone will side with you in the murder.

You may explain it to yourself as who is going to complain about someone useless and degrading to society breathing their last and no longer corrupting and perverting justice/society....

Hello, Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper murdered Prostitutes, many people felt who cares? They're whores, they've wasted their lives and they won't be ruining any other people's marriages or relationships.

It is never right, no matter who you think you are. Even if you are defending yourself, it isn't RIGHT to kill. It can't be right to take a human life.

Being right is different from incidental necessity. I am for people defending themselves, just not deluding themselves into thinking that blood on your hands is fine if it's the blood of your would be murderer/rapist/pedophile because it excuses murder... which is an indelible stain upon the soul.

Paedophiles, Rapists, Hitler and everyone who has ever lived are human beings. Human beings are not to murder and kill. While it happens, and at times society lauds and applauds the murderer with praise and adulation, none of that is right.

No matter the human being, no-one should celebrate the death of a person. It is perverse, it is sick, and it should not be tolerated... but society will tolerate it, they will encourage it because it makes them feel good to determine who the other is, who doesn't belong, who must be relegated to subhuman levels.

Rationalize who isn't deserving of human rights. Rationalize that criminals forfeit those rights. Rationalize that some people don't deserve rights to begin with. Rationalize the murder in your heart.

"That ALL men are created equal, and endowed with inalienable rights by their creator."

And no action by their hands or yours can remove those rights which were born into them as human beings. Nobody has to like it, nobody has to respect it.

But you should damn well realize it's there.

That's probably the stupidest post I have ever read on ATS!

Please tell me what you would like to do to someone that had raped, tortured, mutilated, murdered and had sex with the dead corpse of your 6 year old daughter?

I'm sure you'll change your mind.

Edit to add: Well what should we do then? Keep these sick individuals in prison to clothe, feed and shelter them? Even put them on learning grants/programmes all costing YOU money?

I don't think so.

Edit to add again: "It isn't right to kill even defending yourself" Seriously mate, what planet are you on? So what do you do then, let the gang of 10 youths attack you and your missus and suffer permanent brain damage or worse because you won't take decisive action to save your life? Get a grip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

[edit on 11/10/08 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 11/10/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
YES, if it was MY kids I would want him dead. Which is exactly why if my kids were the ones who had this done to them I should NOT be involved in the justice of the man.

Emotions should not be allowed to enter this because emotions don't always lead you to do the right things.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
This kind of vigilante justice should not be tolerated. The person who committed this crime is a murderer plain and simple. I am amazed at the staggering amount of people who constantly look for an excuse to become absolute monsters. They have these sick and twisted fantasies that they know are wrong but feel justified in carrying them out as long as the victim did something bad first.

Once this person gets a taste of blood who is to say they will stop killing? How can that person be sure his victims truly deserve it? A person who streaks in public will be labeled a sex offender if a child was in the proximity. Does he deserve to be murdered? What about the child who sends nude photos to friends, gets caught and then gets called a sex offender himself? Who gets to decide where the line is drawn? The worlds problems cannot be solved by drenching them in blood and hatred.

What?!?!

Are you for real ?

So what in your "professional" oppinon do we do? Educate these monsters and release them back into the community, supply them with a new identity and not let anyone know about their past?

People like you are scary, because you seemingly don't seem to understand the concept of good and bad.

Tell me would you be saying the same if someone had done this to your mother?

Wake up mate!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join