It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Government Must Be Overthrown!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I think a violent revolution is a terrible idea and historically has resulted in only greater tyrants seizing power.

It has never been violence that made change? Not at all, remember that even when our universe was being created it was only from chaos which clarity sprang forth.

Thing is, when there is NO money, No food, no stability, chaos is bound to happen it will be natural biproduct for a time.

I am 46 years old and still believe in our future.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by suspense101

Regardless of whether you think the Patriot Act is right or wrong or 'ludicrous', it still stands as law in your country.

Inciting a revolt against your government by any means, including electronic, breaks those laws.

Trust me, I'm one of the first to admit your government is corrupt to the core and the reason the world is falling to pieces, but that doesn't mean I'd want to have myself arrested or worse.

All I'm saying is be careful what you say here. Many of the phrases and words you've used in your posts would put up flags for the NSA etc. to check, and if they deem you may be or may become a threat to national security, you might find yourself unable to post on ATS any longer... and unable to breathe.

Be patriotic, but be sensible.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Martial law is quite another thing. After skimming through this I was wondering what I'd heard about the American Constitution. Wasn't there something in their pertaining to the need to bear arms and that it was an obligation of the people to restore the government if something should happen to the democracy? How was that worded anyway? I'm just curious.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here's a funny thing I wanted to share. I've worked at a US Senate office,and I have a Two degree's. In all of my political life, I've always heard "we the people can change the governement if it no longer works for us". So after the heard of this "Bail Out", I was very anger. So, I called that Sen. office and asked, how? How can we change it. Really, what are the steps someone has to take in order to do this. "I'm sorry I can't answer that question, but if you leave your name and address we'll get back to you". I called the other states Senator office and then the local Congressman, they ALL had the same thing to say, almost word for word. So I called the local ACLU office to find out, I was told that the person that would know was out, but would call once in the office. So here I am a week later and still waiting. My point...It's a nice idea that we can make change happen, but in reality, we have nothing on our side. Those people in D.C. are our royalty, we kneel to them, because they make us do it. We haven't a choice or we're "terrorists", we're a "threat to the nation". La Résistance.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It is hard because it is passivity which has lead us in this direction, and occassional bursts of violence has not helped, it was like putting a squirt gun to a forrest fire.

However, the time is going to come after the dust settles, where the Military will begin to think independently, and that is when the real change can begin to happen. I just do not believe for an instant that we as a Nation deserve to go down from neglect on the part of our hired help, the politicos. Our integrity will most likely win this fight in the end, but getting there is going to get violent and very dark.

People will have to make decissions they never wanted to even consider, but the moment will dictate that when the time comes as it will be most likely regional of nature.

Bush stated that they are either with us or a terrorist, and that alone was enough to understand that we have no room at his inn. He was not refering to some Islamic faction, he meant us, all of us that do not want to continue this path to enslavement.

Excuse my spelling I have no spell check right now...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Martial law is quite another thing. After skimming through this I was wondering what I'd heard about the American Constitution. Wasn't there something in their pertaining to the need to bear arms and that it was an obligation of the people to restore the government if something should happen to the democracy? How was that worded anyway? I'm just curious.

Glad you asked mystiq. Here is a complete unedited excerpt from the Constitution:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of those ends, it is Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Trust me, I'm one of the first to admit your government is corrupt to the core and the reason the world is falling to pieces, but that doesn't mean I'd want to have myself arrested or worse.

All I'm saying is be careful what you say here. Many of the phrases and words you've used in your posts would put up flags for the NSA etc. to check, and if they deem you may be or may become a threat to national security, you might find yourself unable to post on ATS any longer... and unable to breathe.

Be patriotic, but be sensible.

The time has passed for that. When members are congress are threatened with martial law in America we have a serious problem looming on the horizon. Whether it is imposed by the current president or a future one it is obviously an option on the table so the time for action is near. Yours sound like words of a coward, must be easy to tell Americans to be cautious when tyranny isn't on your doorstep. I moved to Canada from America last year but when the revolution is starting, I'll be back across the border in a heartbeat.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Regardless of whether you think the Patriot Act is right or wrong or 'ludicrous', it still stands as law in your country.

Inciting a revolt against your government by any means, including electronic, breaks those laws.

fooffstarr you are missing the point here. The laws are to protect the lawless officials from being corrected by the people they are supposed to serve. If you were a corrupt government power hungry and ruthless wouldn't you make a law to prevent people from dethroning you.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyOrDeath008

If your words are true then I admire you and your devotion to your fellow countrymen. I am assured that more people like you are out there.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by suspense101]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There is way too many more people that would rather stay with what they have, and accept it than stand up and change things. There is people that are too lazy to vote for god sakes!

What does that tel you? that they don't really care. People that care to keep tabs on their leaders, be either local governors, and congressman/woman are few. There's far, way too many more people who'd rather talk crap about us revolutionaries who are fed up with the current system and talk of us as dreamers, or something else, but believe me I just hope that the S$%^T hits the fan so bad that they will finally wake up, and be willing to grab a gun fight for dear life.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by bartholomeo]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
fooffstarr

No one should worry about what they say/type here.

If any one, I repeat, if any one has to worry it would be me.
I have posted much worse opinions and comments. Considering I work for the CINC, via US Army my name would be red listed as some say. No worries though, it hasn't happened yet, and if it does I will be the first they snag up and "deal with".

So until that day occurs, know that our free of speach applies and what we say can not be acted upon until our actions take a hostile course.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
you go right ahead and try it and if you somehow manage to overthrow the government ... with the armies that will come to their aid ...NATO ... U.N. ... etc. good luck ... i'm not trying to be debbie downer but the chances of this succeeding are slim to none ... and even IF this the people would somehow prevail how would a new form of government be established? would each state be it's own independent country? would we be seen by other nations as independent? would the other countries not also come and try to take over the weak government .... just throwing those out there...if you have answers and solutions that everyone will adhere to more power to you .... go for it.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

it deffinitly need to be returned to the people. you hit the nail on the head.
remember humpty dumpty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Everyone's waiting on you buddy. Go ahead and make the first move.

You should really make note of whom you are replying to.
Some of us mainly me, are confused as to who you are speaking/typing to.

baseball101

Those collective groups are not even supporting us in Iraq. What makes you think they would act against the US of A? In my opinion, if any nation or gathering of nations was going to act militarily against the US of A, they would have done so by now.

Why haven’t they, because they know. Know, that even with the Armed Forces spread as thin as we are, the people still can hold this ground, and no combination of forces can invade or take the Land of Liberty.

If the people united, it could be done, and the Founding Father would be proud.
But they roll, ROLL in their graves because of what has happened to today’s US of A.
Think about it, they established this Nation on the principles of preventing the government from
Doing what it has. Just read, the quotes in my first post of this thread. It says it all and sets the record straight.

What more is there to be said, “it is our right, our duty”….

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

young man stay on it
these new laws created without the vote of the people.they may have been passed by congress and the senate but they don't want to listen to the peoples side and do the peoples will.so to me these new law inacted by busch regime a null and void. just lok at the will of the people in the bailout!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yes, Professing to want to overthrow the Government is not only patriotic but desirable in the face of tyranny.

BUT, the entire process must be thought through with impeccable clarity and pinpoint precision.

If one overthrows a Government ANYWHERE, they had damn well better be prepared to institute a new one.

I have no aversion to a peaceful solution OR an armed resistance, there's a time and place for each. What I DO have a problem with though, is watching the rich get richer, people starving and dying on our own streets, and it seems day by day, the most important thing for the vast majority to be concerned with, is whether or not Brad and Angelina are still together; whether Lindsay is still a lesbian and does she now know how to DJ; and if the closest McDonalds is moving too far away from their comfort zone.

I have said this so many times before and I will say it again, we Americans are the most OVER-entertained and UNDER-educated people in the World at the moment. This complacency has led us into the abyss, and we let the heads of state lead us there by our own collective ignorance.

AB1

[edit on 9-10-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

wait because un troops are right around corner from your house and mine, don't deny it.
denial-don't even no i am lying(to myself)
denial- it isn't a river

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

i agree that they would have done that by now as well, but what i was trying to get acrossed was what's to say that there won't be other countries that won't come to the u.s.'s aid ... i know there are plenty of countries that have billions even trillions invested in the u.s. i.e. federal bonds etc. ... i'm sure they would do whatever in their power to protect it because i know for a fact that they wouldn't get it back IF the government was overthrown and also what about the other ?'s in my previous post

how would a new form of government be established? would each state be it's own independent country? would we be seen by other nations as independent?

how would the u.s. (if it would even be called that) hold up post revolution?

P.S. I am in no way against the reformation (just read your first post) and i am also in no way against 'the revolution' ... although i do believe taking back the nation would be a better decision (if i read your post right) haha ... i'm just trying to point out possible holes in this 'plan' i mean it sounds good on the outside but once you really think about it .... i mean really think about it ... there are so many things that would need to be implemented this would have to planned privately on a nationwide basis so everyone would know somehow except the government ... and there are so many things that could happen/would need to happen and that would be needed to be taken into consideration i.e. previous posts

[edit on 9-10-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

For some reason I feel we are already disliked by many of the countries we deal with. There is no telling how much we are in debt to China and we all know Russia is not to be trusted. With Chavez plotting against us along with Venazuela are we honestly in a position to call them neutral. Post Revolution I hope we can start producing more products within our own country and eliminate unnecessary imports. This would be a process that gradually restores financial stability.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join