It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't women around the world stand up against men?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

So you agree with Sarah Palin. She said the very same thing a few days ago. I think we should, crush men out of existence and save some sperm, of coarse, to be used at a later time. Lesbian-sex is the best.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

"mens solution is too often violence and war. We need more women in power to guide us into a productive and loving future"
I agree actually with that, more love and peace would be good.

I cant see women being the solution to stopping the worlds problems. Business is business and the women at the top are just as ruthless as the men.

The only difference is that there are a lot more ruthless men pushing their way there already.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
What's the deal with men still being the majority of governments and businesses and why don't women stand up as a unit to demand power?

women, in a general sense, aren't as willing as men to go the extra mile in order to gain a position of power in either, they want to take time off to have kids and then they want to have time with their children once they have them. this precludes them from working 70 hour weeks 51 weeks of the year. there are those that make the sacrifice,but uasually feel they are competing on the basis of their sex and tend to cut the legs out from under the women around them.

women don't need to "stand up as a unit", they have a gilded invitation, most political parties are willing to give them a chance if they are half competent enough, but fewer women put themselves forward for office.

Mens solution is too often violence and war. We need more women in power to guide us into a productive and loving future.
utter rubbish, anyone that gets to the top is going to be a ruthless self serving sociopath, regardless of sex. women aren't all made of of sugar and spice and all things nice, the suggestion that they are any nicer than men inherently is incredibly sexist and degrading to both men and women.

I think the conspiracy against women goes back to the dawn of time, and by the dawn of time I mean when men decided to start recording history.
describe the method of this conspiracy, explain the way in which you see it manifested. i don't believe any such conspiracy exists, i'ld even go so far as to say, a conspiracy against women in particular has never existed.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Mens solution is too often violence and war. We need more women in power to guide us into a productive and loving future.

As i mentioned in another thread;

Its a myth that women could run the world better.
Why?
Because we are human.

It is our humanness that leads us to war,corruption,greed etc,not our sexuality.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
In fact, women won the gender wars. More money is spent on women in almost all avenues than on men. Do a quick google for womens rights and the same for mens rights and you will find the results tipping in favor of women on a large scale, 18,000,00 to 500,000.

I am not sure how you try to convince a majority of people that we spend equal amounts for mens rights that we do for womens rights. Men already have the rights.

Also to say that women will bring more peace and love into the world is very ignorant.

By calling me ignorant does that prove your point?

See the following link:

news.softpedia.com... 98.shtml

I know it pertains to mice, but ...

I'll refrain from using the I-word as you have used it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

OK- lucky you for growing up in a perfect world. Around where I live domestic violence is a problem.

Domestic violence is a problem everywhere. But despite what most people will tell you, it affects men just as much as women. Men are victims as well but we are less likely to report it. I know several couples where women physically and mentally abuse their partners.

It comes down to two distinct differences between men and women. When men are bullied the respond physically, when women are bullied they respond psychologically. If you ever wanted to know power look at the power that gives a 115 pound woman the ability to jump in the face and give endless grief to a 220-pound man, when no 115 pound man would dare do the same...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Women offer some balance to the men in powers of authority. Most of the Presidential wives take on a hefty role don't they? Look at Hillary as an example.

I think a woman with any absolute power could and likely would use it/abuse it much the same way a man would, though with a few twists

Women tend to react on basis of emotion first, which is not a bad thing most times, however in politics it's not terribly practical I am guessing.

And as for the snips about PMS... heeheehee I agree. Imagine the destruction

I also feel that most women in authority are relatively happy NOT being right at the top...sometimes there is more control/power being a few rungs down. More avenues to explore so to speak.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What we're probably running in to here is biological differences.

Despite what the femenists tell you they do exist.

I beleive a woman can be fulfilled by a career-or by haveing a family--but not both at the same time.

Most woman choose children. It is after all the "natural" thing, and here in the US the cards are really stacked against any woman who would want to have a child and advance in her job at the same time.

So more than any lingering sexism--I think it is just their own choice not to be as visible.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with "traditional" gender roles so long as they are both valued equally.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Domestic violence is a problem everywhere. But despite what most people will tell you, it affects men just as much as women. Men are victims as well but we are less likely to report it. I know several couples where women physically and mentally abuse their partners.

when you said that it ocoured to me that when a woman gets a slap in the mouth, it's domestic violence, when a man gets a slap in the mouth, it's a woman standing up for her rights, as is crockery to the head.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

OK- lucky you for growing up in a perfect world. Around where I live domestic violence is a problem.

It comes down to two distinct differences between men and women. When men are bullied the respond physically, when women are bullied they respond psychologically. If you ever wanted to know power look at the power that gives a 115 pound woman the ability to jump in the face and give endless grief to a 220-pound man, when no 115 pound man would dare do the same...

Alright. When I solve the women beating and yelling at men problem and when I train male emperor penguins to not be so sissy sitting on eggs then I will come back and resurrect this thread. Maybe then we can talk about the subjugation of women in our society and the price our society and culture pays for that behaviour.

in reply to another poster:
Say for instance women get pregnant and have an average of 2.5 kids in our society. Pregnancy is 9 months and then 5-6 years to kindergarten so maybe 12-15 years for 2.5 kids. That still leaves 30 years from age 18-63 that women could play a more active role in society.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Alright. When I solve the women beating and yelling at men problem and when I train male emperor penguins to not be so sissy sitting on eggs then I will come back and resurrect this thread. Maybe then we can talk about the subjugation of women in our society and the price our society and culture pays for that behaviour.

in reply to another poster:
Say for instance women get pregnant and have an average of 2.5 kids in our society. Pregnancy is 9 months and then 5-6 years to kindergarten so maybe 12-15 years for 2.5 kids. That still leaves 30 years from age 18-63 that women could play a more active role in society.

Don't get me wrong Stikkinikki. We have a long way to go before equality between the sexes. I just beleive that in the long overdue quest for equality for women we are beginning to forget about the equality for men as well. I respect your views and if I referred to you as ignorant I only meant the statement not the person.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Very good observation.

And one that,sad to say,usually gets ignored.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

What's the deal with men still being the majority of governments and businesses and why don't women stand up as a unit to demand power?

Some women do.
Unfortunately, change sometimes comes slowly. And standing up to men can get a woman smacked around, literally and figuratively. So, it's sometimes best to go slowly and steadily to get to a new place. You wouldn't believe how many times I am still "chastised" by men for just speaking out and speaking my mind. How dare a woman talk like that?

Look how long it has taken for us to get from voting to being CEOs.
Look how long it's taking blacks and other races to work their way into the top positions of companies and politics.

No, it's not about women not wanting equal opportunity, or not being focused, it's about society's resistance to change and fear.

There's a reason stereotypes exist. There's a bit of truth in them.

That's how I see it, anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Anyone who wants to be president is someone who you don't want to be president.

Women are just less power hungry and corrupt.

j/k btw

Seriously, You see what Hilary Clinton and Governor palin are going through. Bacially all the women are thinking"who wants to put themselve through that?"
I tell you what, women are harder on women then men.

And it just might be a fear of change. It would be a big scarey change to change socio dynamics. And you don't know what the outcome would be.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Anyone who wants to be president is someone who you don't want to be president.

Women are just less power hungry and corrupt.

j/k btw

Seriously, You see what Hilary Clinton and Governor palin are going through. Bacially all the women are thinking"who wants to put themselve through that?"

I hear that! The Green Party once asked me if I would consider running for a local office. I told them not for 30 years. I have to build up a career first otherwise they would just dig up old unflattering partying pictures.
I am a male by the way, not that it matters.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
YOu know I started a thread on this a while back and got flamed left and right, but--

If men are honestly that abused, then it's on them to change the status quo.

Violence against woman was the norm for years until enough of them broke the silence and talked about what was happening, and changed the public's view.

The same thing has to happen with men. They have to get over that it is a slight against their machoness to report it, and, just like the women, take the responsibility to get OUT of that abusive relationship.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Females cant stand up because us males already own them. Here let my man Dick Masterson explain it to you www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Look how long it has taken for us to get from voting to being CEOs.
Look how long it's taking blacks and other races to work their way into the top positions of companies and politics.

No, it's not about women not wanting equal opportunity, or not being focused, it's about society's resistance to change and fear.

the average age of a CEO is about 60, the average age of a top level politician in about 60, women and minoroties have been equal in work for about 40 years now, which is, strangely enough, about the length of the career of a person who becomes a CEO, or a politician.

logistically, you wouldn't expect that many women or people of minorities to become CEO's or politicians before now. if it were a case where there was equality of the sexes/minorities in the states it would mean that women/minorities were given the jobs because of sex/ethnicity rather than experiance and worth, which IMO would be a worse position for women/minorities.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by pieman]

[edit on 8-10-2008 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm seeing sexual insinuendo everywhere now.

Just check out the title of this thread: " Why don't women around the world stand up against men?"

I love it when my wife stands up against me. I always notice her perfume when she gets close like that . . . . not a factory-generated combination of lifeless chemicals; but her very own, feminine . . . . scent. Living and soft and luscious. mmmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join