It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't women around the world stand up against men?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Originally posted by pieman

when you said that it ocoured to me that when a woman gets a slap in the mouth, it's domestic violence, when a man gets a slap in the mouth, it's a woman standing up for her rights, as is crockery to the head.

I was just thinking that while I read through here. Isn't it funny how that works? Take statutory rape as another example. Let's say a 14 year old guy has sex with a 19 year old girl, what happens? You think there's an stat. rape here? Of course not, the guy gets high fives from his friends and no one thinks twice about it. However, if a 14 year old girl has sex with a 19 year old guy, all hell breaks loose. Same goes for what you mentioned in your post. If a woman hits a man, who cares? But if that man then fights back, he's a criminal. The way I look at that is if you, man or woman, haul off and hit someone, you better be expecting to get hit back. Why is it women get to hide behind their gender with things like this? The way I see it, women are portrayed as victims in this society by default and a man couldn't possibly be victimized by a woman. This crap only goes one way and I don't understand it.

At this point, I should probably say that I have never and would never strike a woman for any reason whatsoever nor have I ever or would ever be with an underage girl, but it is still discouraging to see the law only go one way. The woman must be protected and the man fends for himself. IMO, the only way a woman will ever get into a high level of power is if they shake this victim label and only then will it happen.

Having said that, I agree with the posters that say corruption is not limited to men. I think that in order to be in a position of power in the government, you have to be corrupt or extremely prone to it or else you don't belong there. If you aren't corrupt, you'll never make it. I think most women are far too empathic to be corrupt on that level, but if a woman is ever elected to president, she'd be corrupt by association just as any man would be. You could say being corrupt is a job requirement.

Edit: quote problem

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Kratos1220]

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Kratos1220]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What I'm REALLY curious about is, why in a world where divisive seems to be the cultural norm now, would you hypothetize that yet MORE divisiveness is what is in order to level the playing field?

Whether the scale is tipped from one side to the other, the outcome is exactly the same....no good.

I don't really mean to be denigrating when I say this to you, but certainly I would expect more of you in a time when we should be coming together, not drifting further apart.

AB1

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think if females all agree to jump in the sack together, and focus more of their sexuality toward each other, then the world would be less violent and less warlike.

Now, am I saying women are more equipped to run the world? No, but the idiotic men in this thread don't seem to realize that this world sucks, entirely. ...All these wars of course, are due to one thing: vagina. And if women spread that one thing around between themselves, and also with the world, there'd be less fighting because men would be getting more vagina. Like the temples of old, where instead of going to chruch and getting his penis detatched from his brain, a man could go to the temple, donate cash, and have yummy vagina. I think something like that wil happen on Earth, simply because of the number of people who love vagina, versus those who do not.

Except of course for all the male homosexuals, who run todays world. Surely these ones see women as strange and mysterious beings! Urgh, who wants to touch a vagina?! These guys have a different plan for earth, and they've go lots of priests who are gung-ho for that butt-lovin world.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
WOW. Just WOW. We already live in a female dominated society and now you want this? Absurd.

IF it were truly up to men all personal relationships would be polygamous. However, we are constrained by this most evolutionary of female tendencies to asphyxiate her "prey", or rather her husband, so that she has the safe assurance of continued reproduction for the rest of her existence, not to mention the resources to support her children and other endeavors.

Females are the center of attention of every person on the planet. Women expect to be courted, while some to be fawned over. Women are obviously the most attractive sex when viewed objectively, that is apart from both male and female perspectives.

As an individual, you have the capacity to set out and accomplish what ever you so choose, but it is your responsibility to act upon any injustice that befalls you or your fellow woman, which is understandable. Remember that no one can truly oppress you. If you succumb to that belief, you have already failed yourself. You don't have to express your frustration to the entirety of the world. But you should do something about the inquietude you undoubtedly feel. There is no fundamental difference between men and women in the law. And so it is advised you take the law into your own hands.

If society decides to denigrate your contribution to the world, for example, if you are being payed less for the equivalent work of a male in the same position, you have the right to take action, or in this case, sue your employer. I'm fairly certain the government and law will take your side. There are many famous cases where this is so. You live in a free country; your rights are sacred and undeniable. Do not cry over things that can so easily be challenged. You are not alone.

But if it is merely attention you seek, or perhaps retribution, you would do well for all your female contemporaries to withdraw your redress, lest you become a poor example for them all. Cries for self pity and assurance are not warranted, especially when there is so much in your power that can be done to negate such ill intending actions of men, and general society.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
What's the deal with men still being the majority of governments and businesses and why don't women stand up as a unit to demand power? Is it just fear of violence? Sometimes I think the women of the world act like quiet beaten women that tiptoe around to avoid getting verbally and physically abused.

Mens solution is too often violence and war. We need more women in power to guide us into a productive and loving future.

I think the conspiracy against women goes back to the dawn of time, and by the dawn of time I mean when men decided to start recording history.

Maybe they aren't interested in political oriented occupations as much as men? Hell I'm male and have no interest at all in running for office. Some careers just require a certain kind of mind set and personality to be enjoyable, maybe it's a mentality more commonly possessed by men.

There's nothing actually stopped women from attaining office, you have had two excellent examples all over TV in the last few months. Some people still firmly believe Hillary should be president and she could still be in 2012, if that's not proof of equality I don't know what is!

This coming generation, things will start to change. More women are going to post-secondary right out of high school, this is a fairly recent trend that won't show itself in the public arena until they've graduated, acquired a position and then reached significant placement. The line up of men is miles long, if women are only recently filtering in with them, it will take a little time. After that point it should become more commonplace.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
I was just thinking that while I read through here. Isn't it funny how that works? Take statutory rape as another example. Let's say a 14 year old guy has sex with a 19 year old girl, what happens? You think there's an stat. rape here? Of course not, the guy gets high fives from his friends and no one thinks twice about it. However, if a 14 year old girl has sex with a 19 year old guy, all hell breaks loose.

While we strive for intellectual equality, there will always be both social and physical differences between men and women. It is not appropriate for any man, under any circumstances, do take advantage of a female, using his physicality to his advantage. While it is true women are adept in the art of seduction, it is also true that to be seduced there must exist a preliminary psychological condition within the one being seduced for the the art to actually succeed. In any instance, one can simply ignore any attempts of another in seducing them. However, how can you defend yourself against rape if you are physically unable?

If you look at everything from an intellectual purview, you are missing out on the real picture. You tend to exclude reality. One must admit that things are just the way they are...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Every time a woman does strive for a high position like CEO of a company or President...who does she get shot down by? WOMEN! I'm sad to say that our own worst enemy is other women.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Every society that has been matriarchal in nature is either very primitive, or didn't last hardly any time at all, before sliding back to primitive. If you disagree, show me the matriarchal society that managed to rise above subsistence levels of existence.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Even if the feminist agenda got everything it wanted there would still be a gender gap. It is in human nature and part of behavioral sexual dimorphism. However, there is a problem of respect where men are not faithful to their wives/girlfriends/etc.

But when it comes to some "conspiracy" (illuminati cavemen jews from the center of the earth)...

Don't get mad, get glad. If you want ahead, go for it. But do not tell all women that overthrowing men is their destiny. That would be sexist....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Women = nurturing

Two words:

Margaret Thatcher.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Mens solution is too often violence and war. We need more women in power to guide us into a productive and loving future.

Thats a pretty nieve statement. Do you not think that thoughout the history of the world Female rulers were just as bloodthirsty and power hungry as men?

They were just as were willing to throw thier countries into wars.

There are huge double standards in your logic. You need to brush up on some history.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
One thing I don't like about the OP is, why would you encourage women to stoop that low? Why should women stand up and "claim" power? Wouldn't that be just as wrong as men "claiming" power. Nobody has power over each other IMO. We all have it inside of us. The women have always had power and control, just behind the scenes. And most women like it that way, I guess. Otherwise it would have changed a long time ago. My point is, why would you want women to play a mans silly game, when they are much more qualified and competitive in their own game.

[edit on 9/10/08 by JoeSignal]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
enough sexism! i dont know about conspiracy,but man and woman are equal and can work anything they want!and if u ask me the women are the strongest sex now...
women arent intend to lead wars,they too emocional,man are a little more up for the job,women cant end war with peace..sure men are a little too overreacitive but u CANT say im wrong.i dont have anything against women commanding wars,most of the time theyr even smarter

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What a funny thread...

As Borat said 'Allowing a woman in power, is much like allowing a monkey to fly a plane'...

seriously though.... If all women are nurturers and healers, then what the hell is Condoleeza Rice or Maggie Thatcher?

I think women have just as much power as men, it comes down to the individual and that's the way it should be... the second we start making allowances depending on the sex of the person, then that's when common sense goes out the window.

If two people are applying for a surgeons position, and the woman is more qualified than the man, then the woman should get the job. But if the man is more qualified, then he should get the job. It SHOULDN'T be a case of 'give the job to the woman, because equal opportunities tell us that's the way it is....'

Anyway.... Rant over.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

What's the deal with men still being the majority of governments and businesses and why don't women stand up as a unit to demand power?

A Government with nothing but "more Woman" wouldn't do anything. And a Government with nothing but woman is just a dictatorship. Women have been "standing up" since the 60's it was called "womans Liberation" and many ramifications of it and its idea still exist today. (Thanks to Rockefeller Funding)

Is it just fear of violence? Sometimes I think the women of the world act like quiet beaten women that tiptoe around to avoid getting verbally and physically abused.

I think you are right That the majority of woman in the world are segregated in some way. I personally think Feminism is just another Scam to destroy the family and Further Segregate and Alienate people for profit.

Mens solution is too often violence and war. We need more women in power to guide us into a productive and loving future. I think the conspiracy against women goes back to the dawn of time, and by the dawn of time I mean when men decided to start recording history.

It's not "mens" solution it is the monetary systems solution. Things would be just as bad if more woman, less etc, i think you get the point.

It's clear you are a Feminist or sympathize Feminist views. Let me tell you, That just like every Snowflake is different so are people. Not all women are "loving" and " lovingly productive". Women are pretty much the same as men we are all experiencing consciousness.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
o please girls stop saying ur the victims! a girl just go the job of a photoshoper instead of me,SO STOP crying!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Please read the following link, it has a good bit of information:

Men are Pigs

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
For those who think men are violent, brutal etc...

www.express.co.uk...

In my home town, some of the girls are worse than the boys.
Scum bags with no sense of right or wrong.

Screw the people who still believe that there is a divide... If people are stupid enough to believe that then i suggest you go live in the 1950's...

Women can be just as bad or as good as blokes. As i said earlier, it comes down to individuality...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I refuse to segregate humans. I do that which I can, and hope others do the same.

I will not accept being treated as inferior because I lack a dangly bit. Nor do I see those with dangly bits as somehow inferior (or superior).

Human Consciousness is what is important, not the bodily configuration.

The only reason that men are in control is because a paradigm of male superiority was foisted upon our species in ancient times, and people, enjoying the belief that they are somehow superior to others, the men of our society have perpetuated that.

Should we remove this view, accept Spiritual equality, as well as overall mental and physical equality, things would be quite different.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Lots of women in the government here in Norway:

Is that why it continually places as one of the best countries in the world in which to live?

Me thinks it might be related.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join