It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't women around the world stand up against men?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
stop saying man are pigs! if u want to talk garbage women have 1/10 of the mans testosteron/sex urges.and not just that
where i live man are good..and girls are AWFUL.
i dont wanna be sexist,man and woman are equals for me,but i HATE feminists!
they dont even listen..they just insult you,if they were stronger they would probably try to beat us up...and yes they do xD

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
stop saying man are pigs! if u want to talk garbage women have 1/10 of the mans testosteron/sex urges.and not just that
where i live man are good..and girls are AWFUL.
i dont wanna be sexist,man and woman are equals for me,but i HATE feminists!
they dont even listen..they just insult you,if they were stronger they would probably try to beat us up...and yes they do xD

I was not saying "Men are Pigs'. That is a hyperlink to a webpage that tries to reason that men, in fact, are not pigs...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

To be quite honest I think you've become a little mixed up somewhere along the lines, there are PLENTY of women in the government and many, many businesse's.

I'm also pretty sure theres alot of women who have positions substantially higher than men and women who earn alot more aswell.

In todays politically correct society equality is very much a big thing, more women in power to lead us to a more productive and loving future? Well isn't that being sexist against men ?

Females are, always have been and always will be the lesser sex in terms of physical attributes i.e. thats the reason women aren't allowed to serve in the infantry because they are not physically capable of doing what a man can do

However, this does not mean that they can't do just as good or even excel a man in many different respects.

Believe me, there are some very, VERY strong women in this world.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

You mention women not allowed into the infantry.

I guess maybe women in your country (the USA?) are more fragile than others.

Many nations have all-female combat infantry units. The ones from Israel are particularly well known. I recall Sweden having a female inf unit that is combat ready, but I may be mistaken.

Point is, you easily blunder when you mistake culture's "don't" for biology saying "can't".

Both genders are a crowd of individuals. A crowd so big that someone in that group can excell over anything you personally think you have cornered the market in.

except maybe writing your name in the snow.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here are some statistic for you all to chew on. Percentage of women in parlimentary governments around the world.

Nordic countries 41.4%

Americas 21.6%

Europe - OSCE member countries
including Nordic countries 21.0%

Europe - OSCE member countries
excluding Nordic countries 18.9%

Asia 18.3%

Sub-Saharan Africa 17.9%

Pacific 12.9%

Arab States 9.7%

www.ipu.org...

Here's the list, country by country. There were a LOT of surprises in the list for me.

1 Rwanda 9 2008 56.3%
2 Sweden 9 2006 47.0%
3 Cuba 1 2008 43.2%
4 Finland 3 2007 41.5%
5 Argentina 10 2007 40.0%
6 Netherlands 11 2006 39.3%
7 Denmark 11 2007 38.0%
8 Angola 9 2008 37.3%
9 Costa Rica 2 2006 36.8%
10 Spain 3 2008 36.3%
11 Norway 9 2005 36.1%
12 Belgium 6 2007 35.3%
13 Mozambique 12 2004 34.8%
14 Iceland 5 2007 33.3%
15 Nepal 4 2008 33.2%
16 New Zealand 9 2005 33.1%
17 South Africa 1 4 2004 33.0%
18 The F.Y.R. of Macedonia 6 2008 31.7%
19 Germany 9 2005 31.6%
20 Uganda 2 2006 30.7%

59 United Kingdom 5 2005 19.5%
69 United States of America 11 2006 16.8%

www.ipu.org...

Regional averages of women in parliaments, 1995, 2000 and 2005.

www.ipu.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This isn't a thread very many women will enter. The atmosphere is a bit too male. While it is true that women have served in military throughout the world, many do not share male values, and find militia repulsive, and there are countries that force service amongst young adults. Many women do not relate to this kind of discussion because they relate to discussing ways of helping and empowering others. Not providing answers necessarily, but fostering discussions in such a way as to draw out the empowerment and ideas of others.
There are not very many women in most countries in leadership, save those that operate under proportional democracy as the Scandinavian ones do. Those that rise above the odds here in all fields still emerge from a patriarchal institutions and tow a patriarchal line. Many men discuss women in terms of equality when they demonstrate similar behaviors and interests to male ones. But, most women aren't interested in emulating men. A basic example is reflected in our political and economic world. Whereas we live under an extreme monopolist form of capitalism, that more readily can be seen as an illegal pyramid system mascarading as a free enterprise democracy, this system has winners and losers, and competition for the basic necessities at its core.
By nature, the feminine energies are cooperative, inclusive and reflect in a world of win/wins. Scandinavia is the best example of what I mean, because this really does translate into social programs and financial equality and provisions for all circumstances. Most women do not want to see an out of balance world, but rather to see a blending of the ying and the yang energies of life, creating a more fair, equal, civilized and non-violent or reactive world.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Blindness. cats, dogs, donkeys, elephants.

you bastardize EVERYONE when you group all men and all women like this.

at a risk of sounding homer sexual, we are all snow flakes. no two snow flakes are similar. its an impossibility.

people who see invisible forces holding them down can never get up. your defeatist attitude shows that you probably wont be the/a woman to change history.

if your company doesnt promote people of "color" would you want to keep working for them?

you reinforce your own stereotypes when you consider the types of genitalia a person has to be of any merit to that persons abilities as a HUMAN

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

Lots of women in the government here in Norway:

Is that why it continually places as one of the best countries in the world in which to live?

Me thinks it might be related.

na, it's because nordic women are often blond haired, blue eyed fun buckets that spend a large portion of the winter in mixed saunas, naturally every man in Norway reports a high level of satisfaction with life.

in reality, the reason that there are so many women in the norwegian parliament is to ensure a healthy balance in the parliamentary mixed saunas.

okay, a joke, but it's no more ridiculous than your suggestion.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Answer this...

Why do some women who are in bad relationships always end up going back and ending up worse than the first round, and sometimes repeating that several times and never leave the situation at all????

Cheers!!!!

Mad Pros!!! But not all woman are like that, it has to do ( and i know i am going to sound weird rite know ) with the fact that people are addict to there feelings.
Example!! If you are in an dead end crap-relation with someone and you end it eventually and go back to the same person or a person that is the same. It has to do with that people that get abused allot tend to want to get abused allot because that is the only feeling they have known or felt. Same goes for people that love allot.
It's the brains fault Because if a brain stays in an negative ( narrow minded ) state it becomes harder for you to rewire it and set up some knew connections. Like try explaining Evolution to a Creationist, its tricky!!
By the way I'm no expert so feel free to correct me if i am wrong in any manor .

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Sfen Senterra]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

na, it's because nordic women are often blond haired, blue eyed fun buckets that spend a large portion of the winter in mixed saunas, naturally every man in Norway reports a high level of satisfaction with life.

in reality, the reason that there are so many women in the norwegian parliament is to ensure a healthy balance in the parliamentary mixed saunas.

You are very right, nordic women are often blond haired, blue/green eyed fun buckets! Just as the nordic men.

But the sauna theory..? Sorry, Pieman. We norwegians are not so big on saunas. You confuse Norway with Finland, it seems.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
This isn't a thread very many women will enter. The atmosphere is a bit too male.
that's so sexist it's not funny. are you saying that men are incapable of discussing this in a manner that is acceptable to women?

While it is true that women have served in military throughout the world, many do not share male values, and find militia repulsive, and there are countries that force service amongst young adults.
many men find combat repulsive, almost every soldier finds it repulsive. what's your point? it seems to be that you a suggesting men enjoy war, i find this incredibly offencive.

Many women do not relate to this kind of discussion because they relate to discussing ways of helping and empowering others. Not providing answers necessarily, but fostering discussions in such a way as to draw out the empowerment and ideas of others.
so you are saying women cannot solve problems for themselves or are you saying they are unwilling to? either way, it's a bit insulting, isn't it?

There are not very many women in most countries in leadership, save those that operate under proportional democracy as the Scandinavian ones do. Those that rise above the odds here in all fields still emerge from a patriarchal institutions and tow a patriarchal line. Many men discuss women in terms of equality when they demonstrate similar behaviors and interests to male ones. But, most women aren't interested in emulating men. A basic example is reflected in our political and economic world. Whereas we live under an extreme monopolist form of capitalism, that more readily can be seen as an illegal pyramid system mascarading as a free enterprise democracy, this system has winners and losers, and competition for the basic necessities at its core.

given that women are all legally entitled to vote and work, to start a business or buy one and to vote or run for office, and given the fact that this has been the case for approximately the same length of time everywhere, women are equally responsible for the system in operation. to suggest the system is by definition male or female is degrading to both men and women.

By nature, the feminine energies are cooperative, inclusive and reflect in a world of win/wins. Scandinavia is the best example of what I mean, because this really does translate into social programs and financial equality and provisions for all circumstances. Most women do not want to see an out of balance world, but rather to see a blending of the ying and the yang energies of life, creating a more fair, equal, civilized and non-violent or reactive world.
i dis-agree, by nature the feminine energies are co-operative but they are also exclusive and reflect pack predatory values.

in a group of five men, should two men both voice a dislike of a sixth male that is not present but is well known to the group, the other males in the group will often voice their personal opinions of the male regardless of group opinion.

in a group of five women, should two women both voice a dislike of a sixth female that is not present but is well known to the group, the other females in the group will often voice the group opinion of the female regardless of personal opinion.

men are far more capable of team work and co-operation than women if we're going to make sweeping statements, but personally i think thats nurture rather than nature. teamwork is encouraged in young boys but is discouraged in young girls, generally speaking.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

jees, i thought i had it water tight there ziggy.

i know the norwegian men are all blond and blue eyed and all but i get the impression that a many of the guys wear beards, which is probably good for warmth but, i have to admit, i find beards a bit scary. thats probably another stereotype but there we go.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

teamwork is encouraged in young boys but is discouraged in young girls, generally speaking.

Hm... Is this an american cultural thing? What excactly do you mean? Do you talk about sports activities, or society in general?

(And no, I do not have a beard.
)

[edit on 9-10-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The reason women go back repeatedly to bad relationships may vary somewhat. But there is a norm, one that is actually utilized in counselling, that helped me out of that circle and worked for me. To begin with it has to do with child raising, and the cost to the children of doing it alone, and the lack of support. No woman wants to have her family be a statistic. In addition, its often called caretaking. I had to read books on overcoming co-dependency.
In other words, due to understanding the sad background he had endured, I felt he could overcome this if he sought help himself. He does have a good heart, and loves his children very much, but was very dysfunctional, and now less so, in that he has maintained a job somewhat consistently over the last few years. I suddenly realized it wasn't going to change or get better. That the toll was too high on us, so the self admissions he came up with when he returned, along with the talk of getting help which never materialized, was a smoke screen. I let go, and started protected us. We moved into our space. I gave him the dignity of being the Creator's child, who was with him and in him, and who would ultimately guide him on his life's journey on his own. That if he needed help, he knew all the numbers in the phone book that would lead him on the journey. He was a big boy.
This is the same approach the used in the counselling I received. This guy had escalated into being violent when his bad guy friends were around. I was very aware of the statistics that without his willingness to receive help, it could escalate to death.
That was a scary statistic. I bowed out and let him work on himself. And he has improved. We are still somewhat friends. My approach was to forgive him and it was spiritual, I backed away. He has shown protectiveness with the children and an awareness that they would never go through what he had, and that he doesn't want them to duplicate his problem areas.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It's sad that this is often the case. In such a position, one employer might actually choose the female surgeon over the male, so as to appear more liberal in the public eye, or at least is the recent trend.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

it's a western world thing i think, i'm in ireland, so i'm not thinking particularly american.

i think it is much wider than just sport, although sport has, until recently, been a predominantly male enterprise. it is a far deeper cultural identity. if you watch cartoons aimed at boys there is often a group or gang element to it, often with a unifying trait. if you look at cartoons aimed at girls, there is often no gang or group element, or if there is it the individuality of the characters is often emphasized. this is just an example of course, it extends to toys and books among other things.

the portrayal of the "independent super woman" in society in general feeds into this nurture element but i don't believe it is a natural state, just a misguided feminist agenda that is corrupting to society as a whole (much as beards are).

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Basically, what is being discussed as equality is pseudo-equality at best. It is discussing how women can be equal in a world that doesn't reflect its values, by acting like a man. This competitive jungle with militia is the complete opposite of feminine energy and women aren't equal by being forced into this alien and unacceptable terrain. When women talk at the kitchen table about equality, they're talking about changing the world into a decent, caring different kind of society.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

to me that sounds absolutely fantastic, i for one welcome the world of feminine energy. there is one pertinent question though, if all women feel this way then what the heck is stopping them?

tell me where exactly this road block is and i'll go tear it down. apparently, as a man, thats all i'm capable of doing.

i really think less of you because of the sexism i see in your posts.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
All this unit talk got me thinking, It is the western society that tends to separate things into parts, and forget the whole picture.

I read about article in National Geographic about Neanderthal and how they died out. It relayed how Neanderthal woman as well as men had to hunt in order to survive. It was postulated the Modern humans survived due to the adaptation of dual food sources. Woman collect plant life, men hunt. And mankind survived due to adaptation.

I would be funny if we make ourselves go extinct due to political correctness.

And yes, I'm sexist, I'm a male, and that makes me sexist. Or so I'm told?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

This is my opinion and I'm more than happy to admit it. The blinds are long off!

Women tend to not lie when lives are at stake. We do it all the time however. women don't need to stand up against men as men aren't doing ANYTHING besides NOT BEING WOMEN. You are asking for what reason women should discriminate! Not necessary!
Men are doing exactly like we are all (like it or not-admit it or be branded a liar) genetically predestined to do. Our softer, feminine side can only be found immediately following sex & retirement. Many of us put on a sensitive front if that's what it takes to ultimately score the sex. Don't let those sensitive ones fool you.
In general, we are sly, plotting foxes with only one real natural vocation -screwing, fighting and screwing up. Yes there are innovators, geniuses that change the world but they tend to grow hideous the smarter they are. How many kids did Einstein have anyways?

Little boys play cops n robbers, little girls play house / dolls. When boys try to play dolls, the clothes end up coming off and the girls start to cry within minutes. That will never change until men are absolutely 100% impotent & 80 years old and when even they tend to become nurturers to their grandkids. Answer: Remove our balls and watch how we are women. We are the dark side of what women are spared from becoming. Sure Eve got the childbirth but men got the attacks, wars, mafia, robbery, and anything you can conflict around.

Women are (like it or not feminists) nurturers, much more so than men and should get off their high horses and stop taking offense to such COMPLIMENTS! Ever see how BRILLIANTLY a woman in accounting works? They NURTURE the company into a healthy grown up. Women are great at everything, but no matter how much they or we grumble at them not (usually) being the sly politician in charge of something that matters a heck of a lot is because they genetically are not interested. I worked hard to try to get a fantastic woman elected once and I got nothing but grief. She lost by less than a 2% margin. The voters were about 90% male. A great place lost it's only hope.

Us men are generally pigs and we know it but it's not a woman's right to complain that a man is a man who is a man that is a pig, right from our first breath. And of course, ppl will respond (guys) saying "maybe you, but not me!". BS... Don't BS me, you or anyone.
Men ARE ADD ADHD. Those ailments just describe a man in general.

You see that logic? That's why SANE women tend to NOT try to enter the boys club.

Once the puppeteers are wiped out (and they certainly will be), then maybe men won't be so interested in the boys club as they will have to govern like nurturers. As long as the stink escapes from the windows of government, not too many women are going to be interested in it anyway.

And we've all been had. By fueling/funding and popularizing the feminists, the puppeteers got double the labour at half the price. ONE INCOME used to be more than sufficient to raise a household. Women should be fighting all right, its THEM that should be fighting to be the nurturer that the new world misses intensely and proud of it again too. It's not stand up against men, it's STAND WITH MEN against the PUPPETEERS!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join