It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't women around the world stand up against men?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What's the deal with men still being the majority of governments and businesses and why don't women stand up as a unit to demand power? Is it just fear of violence? Sometimes I think the women of the world act like quiet beaten women that tiptoe around to avoid getting verbally and physically abused.

Mens solution is too often violence and war. We need more women in power to guide us into a productive and loving future.

I think the conspiracy against women goes back to the dawn of time, and by the dawn of time I mean when men decided to start recording history.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
because women are too busy cooking me my meals and doing my laundry
No, just kidding. Good question though. It's starting to change I think, took long enough though. It's been this way and was a lot worse for women way back.

"mens solution is too often violence and war. We need more women in power to guide us into a productive and loving future"
I agree actually with that, more love and peace would be good.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, some (but not all) women are... shall we say... a little bit unpredictable from time to time... (Not to say that men aren't either) but... when all is said and done women actually have a lot more power than they probably realise they do (if you know what i'm saying) imo...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by NeuronDivide]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

............ why don't women stand up as a unit to demand power?

It's that magic phrase "as a unit"

Do you think the men have been acting like units?

It is unrealistic to think that large groups of people ever act like a monolithic, um, unit. The reason the 60's failed, is that we cannot "all come together" because we are just to diverse.

My, what a lot of double entendres in my posts today. hmmmm. something in my coffee?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So you're saying that we should live in a forced government run by women whether we agree to it or not?

I don't know if you believe that women are a different species from men and are all innocent angels, but please come back to the real world. Power corrupts all, not just men -

I think you are being a little sexist here (yes, women can be sexist against men)

Fear of violence? Verbally and physically abused? What planet do you live on?
You obviously have a warped opinion/view of men. No need to be so bitter, bloody hell.

Please look at the animal kingdom. I'll stop there because logic/fact can be seen as sexism.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
only have one thing to say to this....

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorn"

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

yes men are units. We used to use the term "unit" and "unitized" to refer to someones personality either good or not so good. I agree now that women around the world would not stand up as one but there must be a unifying quality they possess that would help rebalance the human systems of the world.

When two countries start puffing their chests up it is way more often than not that it is the men in those countries doing the saber rattling before releasing the dogs of war. Maybe I am just stereotyping men and women but conventional wisdom is: Men = force, strength Women = nurturing and ?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Answer this...

Why do some women who are in bad relationships always end up going back and ending up worse than the first round, and sometimes repeating that several times and never leave the situation at all????

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Maybe I am just stereotyping men and women.....

Yes, you hit the nail right on the head.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Lots of women in the government here in Norway:

Minister of Research and Higher Education: Tora Aasland (Soc)
Minister of Local Government and Regional Development: Magnhild Meltveit Kleppa (Cent)
Minister of Transport and Communications Liv Signe Navarsete (Cent) Minister of Defence: Anne-Grete Strøm-Erichsen (Lab)
Minister of Trade and Industry: Sylvia Brustad (Lab)
Minister of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs: Helga Pedersen (Lab)
Minister of Children and Equality: Anniken Huitfeldt (Lab)
Minister of Government Administration and Reform: Heidi Grande Røys
Minister of Finance: Kristin Halvorsen (Soc)

www.regjeringen.no...

We also had our first female Prime Minister in 1986, Gro Harlem Brundtland.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If every man tried to be a woman there would be no men. If every woman tried to be a man there would be no women.

There are reasons why you should know your roles as either a man or a woman. Women are usually described as nurturers and healers while men are the warriors and hunters.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is no different than people wanting a "black" leader. I'm sorry, but it is silly.

The simple fact of the matter is that race and sex shouldn't matter at all. If you only vote for the white guy because he's white, then you are wrong. But voting for someone because he is black is the exact SAME thing. And voting for someone because they are female is also the exact SAME thing.

I'm sorry, but if you are focusing on the physical things like race and sex, and using that as a reason why someone acts a certain way, as you have done with you love deal, then it IS racist and sexist.

And you know, as women and black people have been oppressed, they are in a perfect position to expose the above, and do something different. But you aren't.

Rather than vote and ask for leaders of the physical, why not ask for and vote for leaders who are smart, care about the people and not special interest and don't play on peoples bias for votes.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
I think you are being a little sexist here (yes, women can be sexist against men)

You obviously have a warped opinion/view of men. No need to be so bitter, bloody hell.

Actually, there are statistics out there that indicate that there is fact a LOT more violence inflicted by women against men, than there is the other way around... The OP should do some research into this, and find out the truth for themself...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It has more to do with human nature than the old argument that men are holding back women...

Typically women do not seek power and control the same way men do. I read a quote once and I cant remember from who but it goes like this:

"Women's power is the opposite of monumental. It's like wall-to-wall carpeting, or a snowfall, everywhere and unavoidable, not concentrated into a few narrow, vertical monuments, like men's."

In fact, women won the gender wars. More money is spent on women in almost all avenues than on men. Do a quick google for womens rights and the same for mens rights and you will find the results tipping in favor of women on a large scale, 18,000,00 to 500,000.

Also to say that women will bring more peace and love into the world is very ignorant. See the following link:

news.softpedia.com... 98.shtml

I know it pertains to mice, but it at least opens up the discussion of aggressions based solely on testosterone.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I think we still have a long way to go. Also, don't forget a lot of countries in the Western Hemisphere are based on elections when it comes to leaders and politicians. It's not a case of standing up and taking a piece of the deserved pie. It's a matter of votes and majority. And regardless of how progressive we pretend to be, if you look closely at things people say, many of them have issues with female leaders and would not vote for them over a man. Not that they are consciously sexist- that is not what I am implying. Instead, we are generally programmed to see men as the leaders and women as the weaker gender as well as the nurturers.

We can't simply join forces and invade parliament, congress, or the presidency. It has to be done by election and there are still some who are not ready for female leaders at the top.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So you're saying that we should live in a forced government run by women whether we agree to it or not?

no I am not.

OK- lucky you for growing up in a perfect world. Around where I live domestic violence is a problem.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

That's certainly a loaded question.

I think the problem is that the people who get to make all the big decisions, men and women, are acting in their own interests and not in the interest of the greater good. That's certainly one measure of acting like a "unit" in my book.

Nikki, I don't know that a gender-swap would make a whit of difference. Think of how many women were involved in real estate during the housing bubble; it seemed the very vast majority of ad I saw for realtors were FEMALE realtors...and we saw how well that venture turned out.

Where there's money and power involved, everyone involved will act like a giant "unit" and screw everyone else.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
First, many women are as conditioned as many men are to specific gender roles... you can't just shake these things off in a few generations, and it looks like some groups aren't even trying.

Second a) At least in North America, it seems if you, as a woman, want to go into politics you have to be colder and nastier than every other politician, otherwise you're a hormonal woman ruled by her emotions who just doesn't understand logic and can't possibly be in government. No, I don't think anyone says it but I suspect it's an attitude that's subconsciously prevalent. And if you do manage to pass the "hormonal woman" test, even then people take very personal shots at you. How many people are calling John McCain a dog?

Second b) And how many people give a hoot about what any male politician is wearing (unless it's a flag pin or something)? Women in politics are held up to more criticism simply for walking out the door.

Third, I think a lot of women simply have different priorities, and don't have the time or maybe the inclination to go into politics (at least, politics in its current form).

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Maybe I am just stereotyping men and women.....

Yes, you hit the nail right on the head.

You have already registered your misguided complaint against me by mischaracterizing what I said. No reason to pile on with a one liner.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Lots of women in the government here in Norway:

Same here in Ireland. In fact, i think Norway and Ireland are amongst the most equal countries in the world.

Im going to assume that the person that started this thread is from the US where sexual inequality is an actual Issue.

What's the deal with men still being the majority of governments and businesses

Whats the story with women being the only ones that are able to reproduce?

The bottom line answer to both of these is pretty similar.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join