It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have seen UFO's?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The only sighting I've had was about thirty years ago as a teenager. I was holidaying with my family and another in Rotorua ( a geothermically active area in New Zealand). The grownups had gone out to dinner leaving my two brothers, the other two kids and myself to hang at the motel. We decided to take a walk through the park ( like a mini Yellowstone?) We were standing around a largish, bubbling mudpool, when a mud covered object ( the shape of an M&M and about 60cm in diameter ) popped out of the mud and rose to about 2 metres in the air, where it hovered for several seconds, almost within arm's reach. It then let out a really horrific shriek, like forty seagulls being strangled at once, and instantaneously shot off horizontally at high speed. It definitely seemed to have some sort of intelligent guidance, as it modified its trajectory to avoid a public toilet and then dissappeared into the sky. We all screamed and ran back to the motel.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepwaters
I live about 5 miles west of Newcastle upon Tyne in North East, England.
noticed an unusally bright "star" that seemed very low in the sky. I thought it odd that such a bright star was so low in the sky, and continued to stare at it.

I watched as the bright white "star" turned completely blue, then back to white.
I thought it might be an aircraft, but then realised that it was completely stationary.
It then turned completely red, and back to white again. It did this colour change three times in all. Each time from pure white, to blue, to red, then back to white.
Because I was staring so intently, on the thrid time I could actually see the colour changing progressively from left to right, as if a coloured lens was being passed over it.
I assume that clouds must have obscured it from my view, because it sure didn't zoom off as most reported UFOs do. I never saw it again that night, nor since.

I was not drinking nor on any type of drug, and have no understanding of what I witnessed. There may have been a perfectly good explanation for this phenomenon, and I'm wondering if anyone here could shed some light on this for me.

Thanks,
deepwaters

I have seen stuff like this. Occasionally if there is a clear night I'll do a bit of stargazing/satellite watching. Sometimes i'll stare at a star for several minutes, and at first it will appear white, the blue, then green , then red, then white again, or there will be a star which just twinkles green or blue. I always put these down to mye eyes, the atmosphere or the colour produced during combustion of the stars gases. I know for sure mine were stars, because they stay still in the same place every night, completely stationary, though no always colour changing.

I once thought i saw a UFO. I saw a white unblinking light, rather like an unblinking star, arc across the sky slowly and smoothly. I described this to my dad, who then said it sounded very like a satellite. I then searched the internet, and found using www.heavens-above.com... that there would have been a satellite going over at the exact time i saw it. UFO turned IFO.

[spelling edit.]

[edit on 2-8-2004 by minimi]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well I have never thought much of my story until recently when I began reading about UFO's and Faster then Light Travel and all that stuff. About 9 years ago on either December 24th or maybe it was the 23rd? I had just finished eating dinner with my family and relatives from out of town. I lived on a corner so you could walk out the backdoor and there was a gate by the patio leading to the street where my relatives parked their cars. I followed behind them outside and while my mom and dad walked them to their cars, I stood on the steps looking at the sky. My brother was with me but at the time he was around 4 years old. I remember getting tired of standing up so I sat down on the steps. My brother kept talking about santa and I didn't want to tell him the truth. After awhile, it got extremely annoying and I closed the back door on him. I was looking up at the sky once again just wondering why people tell that Santa Claus story when I see... (the only way I could explain is by saying...) the sky open up. At night there is a dark blue almost black sky but it was like a circle had opened up in the sky and in the circle, it wasn't the color of the night sky. It was a light bluish/white color similar to the sky during the day. It wasn't a perfect circle shaped by I remember it just scaling slowly from nothing to this circle. The opening couldn't of been any wider then the length of a plane. Years after, I started to really think about this when I saw the show Sliders for the first time on the sci-fi channel because the circle looked similar to a wormhole on that show. It was open for about a minute all together. The thing that really was weird was a few objects flew out. They looked black from my point of view and had little light from the circle being shined upon them. I couldn't see details and I couldn't see where the objects flew after the circle had closed. At the time I knew NOTHING about UFO's. However, I remember stumbling across a UFO story on the net that was similar to my story. If anyone has seen something like this or read something like this can you u2u me. thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have seen an alien, and made a credible photo of it. Isn't he cute?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have seen two UFOs.

Of course, when I say UFO - I mean it's proper meaning "Unidentified Flying Object" - not Alien spaceships
Of course, they may be, lol - but I am not saying so.

The first one was about 4 months ago I think:

I was outside in my garden one night, waiting for one of my dogs to do 'their business' and I looked up into the sky; and noticed this very bright star. I was thinking to myself whether it was Mars, but then I noticed it was moving very slightly. It looked as though it was moving towards me - and it was. It kept getting closer and closer, and then it flew over my head - like a plane. But it was very low, and didn't make much sound at all.

Now, I live about 3 miles from RAF Lynham (Wiltshire, UK) - and there are aircraft always going over my house - very low; but not as low as this one seemed. I didn't make out the shape, when it was above me, all I could see was a dark shape and a light at the front.

The second time was about 1 month ago, when I was on the flight home from New York (on way back to London, Heathrow) I had recently been nervous about flying - as I hadn't flown in 3 years, plus after 9/11 - I was a bit wary, so I didn't look out my shutter much (I had a window seat). In fact it was closed most of the journey.

I opened my shutter when we were just passing over Ireland, and I noticed this cigar shaped craft in the distance below us (I have no idea how much below us, I am no good at measuring these things). It was flying very fast, faster than any plane I had seen before - and then it vanished. I couldn't make out much detail, as it was quite a long way down from us. All I know is:

* It didn't look like conventional aircraft I am used to.
* It was moving extremely fast.
* It vanished into thin air (pun intended)

Unfortunatly not many other people in the section of the plane we were in, had their shutters open - so I don't know if anybody else saw it.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by MetalHead]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have seen UFO's and maybe ran into some alien beings (NO JOKE) a couple years back in Guadalahara, Mexico on the outskirts outside a small town called Santa Nita in a corn field patch at 3:30 in the morning I cant remember the day, but it was in July or August.

I could tell you a story, but like most that I've told it to, none really believe it, I told you where it happend, you go over there and look for yourself only those who see them on the ground or in the sky will trully believe.

P.S. Bring a shotgun and don't be stupid enough to bring flashlights, if you go through the same ordeal you'll know why. (unless for other purposes)

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
When I was 9 and in Kentucky and 20 some years later in Ohio, I saw a large pulsating orange something in the sky it stayed in the same place for hours. It was seen by many other people who reported nothing and I didn't either. Also in this area was a crop circle which made local news with a big laugh. Now I am on the internet and I can tell this because nobody knows me!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
One night I was walking home in the country of Pennsylvania
which was near Interstate 90. Suddenly, the lights over the
interstate began to go out, one by one and I looked up in
the sky and saw what appeared to be a formation of ufos
flying in a triangular pattern. There must've been at least 10
of them. All of the lights were going out as they were passing
by the interstate, which their flight pattern paralled.

When I got home I called the state highway department to
report the light outages. They said they had no reports of any
power outages on the interstate.

Well, I saw it with my own eyes!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by aWoman
One night I was walking home in the country of Pennsylvania
which was near Interstate 90. Suddenly, the lights over the
interstate began to go out, one by one and I looked up in
the sky and saw what appeared to be a formation of ufos
flying in a triangular pattern. There must've been at least 10
of them. All of the lights were going out as they were passing
by the interstate, which their flight pattern paralled.

When I got home I called the state highway department to
report the light outages. They said they had no reports of any
power outages on the interstate.

Well, I saw it with my own eyes!
what made them seem more than just normal aircraft flying in formation at night to you? I have seen military planes do this. Did they do anything unusual?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I have had 2 UFO sightings in my life.

The first was on a midsummer night over 15 years ago.

I was looking out my bedroom window into the night sky and something caught my eye. Very high up in the sky there was something with multiple colors moving in the sky. the colors were like a blended rainbow comet.
It moved south then suddenly reversed north and then reversed to south again then it went out of site.
this all happened very quickly. As an adult three things stand out as odd to me.
1. the distance this thing was from the earth.
2. The colors of the lights.
3. the immediate and rapid course changes stopping on a dime and resuming speed almost instantly. The laws of inertia would make this impossible on a human.

The second sighting was at a drive in theatre just 5 years ago. My husband and I took the kids out for a movie as we often did at the drive in and that night we had my young cousins with us as well. Sometime mid film out of the corner of my eye I noticed a golden glow and turned just in time to see a golden sphere about 5ft tall pass our van hovering just a foot or so above the ground. Whatever it was, it was glowing and incredibly fast. it took off towards the sky shortly after passing our van. Everyone in our van saw it and all pretty much shouted at once. "what was that?"
Of course I doubt we will ever know.

I have just found proof of the second sighting in another ats thread. someone actually got video of the same thing I saw. ... please note when I made the original post and when the video was shot!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

let me tell you all something.. you have no idea the feeling of having proof like this when people have been giving you that look when you tell them what you saw.. for years.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have seen several UFO in my life, different types I might add. From circles of undulating red lights, and silent leviathan's with just three white lights the length of their belly. Also the orange balls that have been seen internationally.

Here is a link to a sighting I reported several years ago:

archive.gazette-news.co.uk...

It even made its way into UFO Magazine in the UK.

There is no doubt that odd things patrol our skies. Are they alien?

Well they were not made by Boeing that much I can tell you.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

I've seen three UFOs in two incidents.

One was probably experimental aircraft, but I still reported it.

The first incident though was pretty unexplainable: A basketball sized glowing sphere that "buzzed" a friend and I, coming no more than 10-15 feet from us, and then arcing down the hill and up into the night sky. Both of us stopped for a moment, asked each other what it was and then moved on.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ok .. I know I've Mentioned this in more than a few of my own posts, but here it goes.

In 1977-78, I was living with my best friend and and his family. I was had a cox on the opposite side of the bedroom room but fairly close, within 4ft, of the bedroom window. The bedroom was on the second floor, appox 12-14ft

Around 12:30am-1am I was laying there trying to get to sleep and realized I was hearing something that sounded kinda weird. My first thought was, 'hmmm.. must the be electric fence...but..that's not the electric fence..." my mind instantly thought.. " must be a satellite.....but.. ahh.. they don't fly that low..." After about 15 secs passed.. my heart began the race for the simply fact that this sound wasn't anything I could describe at the time.

Reaching down beside my cox, I grabbed my freshly razor sharp machette laying there and suddenly realized the sound was right outside my bedroom window.....how could that be since the window was 12-14ft off the ground!!!

Sitting straight up with machette raise in my right hand, very intent to shred anything that came through that window be it dog, cat bird ect. this sound stayed outside my bedroom window......hovering. I was so scared because I couldn't figure out what could be making that sound!!! I was to scared to even look outside.

After 30-40 secs.. it faded off... I never saw any lights, just a strange noise.

I waited about 30 more secs and flipped on the light and after 2 attempts to wake him up in a soft voice, on the 3rd try, he woke up and raised up rubbed his eyes and said.. " G******** this better be good .. or..." and when he got his eyes open.. and saw me still sitting stright up with a machette poised.. he said..

" (name)... ahhh... you ok ?? !! WTH is going on man ?? !"
ME: "something was outside our window.. "
FRIEND: " what.. " and has he began to moved toward it..
ME: " DON"T .. dammm it or i'll swing .. stay AWAY .. "

My friend realizing I ment business, he said..
FRIEND: " calm down.. you're a pale white!!! and your drenched in sweat.. I'm going to look out the window if anything comes through of grabs me.. I mean it .. swing away.. ok ??"
ME: "ok... "

I poised with my machette close by as he moved to the window, peer out the curtain..
FRIEND: "nothing...there's nothing there... "

I broke down practically weeping (which I never did) from fright and dropped my machette. He went down and got his Dad and came up to console me and asked what happened .. by this time the whole house, was up.. I told them what had happened but i couldn't explain the sound..

A few years later, I heard something that sounded so familiar when watching an awesome movie called.. Star Wars, the Empire Strikes Back......

the Empire droid that landed on Hoth, .........made the SAME almost exact sound as the one outside my bedroom window a few years before!!!!

A chill ran down my spine and I gripped the arms of the chair..

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have seen some big, some small, some enormous, some that bends the minds reality.

You are aboard one right now, whether you know it or not, this Earthship is cloaked by human perception. Thats aliens knowhow, they can alter the 'view of reality' through switching our brainwaves to shorter wavelengths to alter our string of imagination, or intelligence.

Sometimes ALIENS will throw you a bone when you least expect it and laugh it up, because to them thats comedy.

This Earth is just one big platform for actors of all types, to them that is all we are, just performing our role and going home.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by menguard]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Never, in over 20 years of amateur astronomy (I started really early!). I guess they don't like us scientists...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
only seen one thing in the sky that I could not explain. When I was 12 or 13 I had a morning paper route durring the warmer months. (Lincoln, NE). That was back in 82 or 83. Was going about my route when something told me to look up. I noticed a star that looked like a satelite seem to follow me, passing in front of other stars. For about 2 or 3 minutes I was under folliage (sp) but could follow this thing, seemingly to follow me. When I got to a clearing, I then stopped and looked fully up in the sky (obvious since I stopped ridding my bike) it came to a stop... which I thought, maybe it was a star (fit right in with the other stars).. that is when I watched it streak out of site. The streak maybe streaching about 3 inches perspectively, I have no clue how high it was in the sky. So I thought, was nothing... just a shooting star. About 30 to 40 miinutes later, being finished with my route but far from home, I was coasting down a hill watching the sky. All of a sudden the same streak appeared right above me (about the same length as before) but it did not disappear as beforer. It stopped right above me... It appeared the same distance (it was the same size as before) that it was before. It 'felt' close... not to mention startled me. That was enough for me to change from coasting to peddling as fast as I could.. What it was? I do not know, but I have never seen anything like that before nor after. And I have spent a lot of time camping/sleeping in areas where the stars were easy to see away from city lights. I don't think that Lincoln Nebraska has more than 180,000 in 83.. so it was a pretty small city (still is compared to KC where I live today)

[edit on 30-4-2008 by constantine70]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I have seen 7lights combine into one intense light and jet away.
I have seen the cigar shape with many lights circling around it.
also have seen black helicopters at night in Truro Ma. and have also seen triangle configuration of stars entering the waters of cape cod.
I grew up with nightmares of greys and reptilians. Enough to say they are two different sources! I have seen people appear and disappear out of and into know where! for real. I have details of all these sightings and encounters and in 30 yrs the stories have not wavered. what have you seen?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i have... :O

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It was 1996 or 1997, and there was me and 3 friends in a car very sober. It was around 6 pm and dark so it was winter. I was in a very populated area, and it was rush hour, we were in the turning lane to turn left off a main street, not a light, just a yield turning lane, so its taking a bit to turn, I'm on the passenger side of the car, and I look up and my first impression is a helicopter just exploded , but the explosion went back into what appeared to be a solid object. It made no noise, or at least none I could hear over the sound of traffic. It hovered in place, and it turned into a thin line as I could clearly see a thin line of rainbow colors, and the object would pop up at the other end of the line. And it hovered there, exploded again, went back into a round object again, and mind you we are in a turning lane and blocking it, and no one is honking at us because they are all watching it too, as when we finally turned, the people behind us didn't move up to turn. We watched it for a couple minutes. It was very colorful, no one color in paticular, like it was every color, but like blue here, and red there, and green here, etc. I called the news station a couple hours later, and no one reported it......kI think they are called hologram light shows, which it may have been. it was 1996 or 97, so I'm not sure if that stuff was around then, but the colors this object had was vibrant . And it appeared to be low to the ground at times, like helicopter height, not 747 high in the sky. I have had a interest in UFOs for along time, and I have seen a good share of videos, and pics, and I have only seen one that kinda resembled what I saw.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
A few years ago, I saw an "invisible" UFO. Sort of.

What I saw was a perfect circle cut out of the clouds. I've seen picture of hole punch clouds before but this was different. The edge of the circle was perfect and crisp, like someone photoshopped the sky. Even more bizarre was a con trail that was wrapped around the edge, going maybe a third of the way around the circle. This circle was too perfect and too crisp.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join