It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-sematism on ATS should not be tolerated.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There's two things I hate in this world:

1. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures.
2. The Dutch.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Beautiful !!!

How come I'm unable to award you twenty zillion million trillion sixty brillion stars for that ?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Originally posted by alien

...just to take a *pause* for a minute here...

...why is it acceptable to criticise ANY culture? Be they 'White people, black people, asian people, Eskimos, Native Americans, Indians, Arabic, even South Pacific Islanders.'...

Well, I think that some cultures can be rightly criticized if they engage in abhorrent practices such as stoning. Not to pick a fight here, but not every custom is venerable just because it is "cultural". There are some pretty ugly customs being practiced in the name of culture.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
There's two things I hate in this world:

1. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures.
2. The Dutch.

1. damnation and criticism of Peoples... especially those consisting solely of Individuals.

2. those who feel they paint detailed pictures while using Only the broadest of brushes.

*honorable mention*
dogs that snap and lap at the same ankle.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Succinct and brilliant.

Two thumbs up in lieu of the stars I am unable to award you.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You Sir I was almost ready to take Umbrage at, for I am Dutch, then I remembered I took pills for it..................

I don't think ANYONE is special, Zionist, Homosexual, Paraplegic, Vertically challenged, Horizontally enhanced, other then equal PHYSICAL access we are all the same..

but if your are a gay obese midget leader of Israel and wind up in a wheel chair that is Just Karma!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Absolutely.

As stated in a previous reply some of my ancestors engaged in ritualistic cannibalism... ('Ritualistic' Cannibalism? Is that in any way better than "Hey, I'm hungry, how about you come over my place for dinner" run-of-the-mill cannibalism?
)

...but again the point is do you tar and feather every person within that 'group' due to the actions of some of their members. What is it that is abhorrent...the person/people or the action?

If so - what race/culture are you? Is there history within your own people that I can highlight and point out the splinter in your own eye??

Can I colour and judge you as an individual by the actions of others in your group?

I would hope not.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Cannibals are difficult to figure out.

Do they love humans or do they hate them?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by alien

Cannibals are difficult to figure out.

Do they love humans or do they hate them?

...depends if you have them with Fava Beans and a nice Chianti...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why the distinction re: alleged 'anti-semiticism' ?

Anyway, who are these supposed 'semites' .. surely not the Khazarian jews who in any case are descended from Asians who converted to judiaism several hundred years ago ?

Is it just because some 'european jews' have what are described as 'semitic noses' ?

I have some very close friends who're Marionite Christian Lebanese. They have gi-NOR-mous 'semitic' aka 'hooked' noses. One of the guys is known as 'Beaky' for this reason. Would it be claimed anyone who criticised him or others in his family would be accused of 'anti-semiticism' ?

As far as I'm concerned, jews are not special.

Criticising jews is no different to criticising Buddhists or Mormons and criticism of Mormons is sometimes justified in the same way criticism and open dislike of individuals who just happens to be jews, is justified.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Wish to award this poster a large number of thumbs-up in leiu of stars

My favourite thread of the day

and the wit and intelligence of these posts has definitely lifted
ATS from the ranks of 'ordinary'

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I think that there needs to be a rule against anti-Semiticism or anti-any religion posts here on ATS to prevent flamewars against people from various religious sects who would get offended by such talks.

First, the Holocaust should not be forgotten. Ever. This horrible tragedy should continue to remind humankind what evil means.

That said, the Jewish religion has evil things in it, and people should be aware of that too. Do I need to quote from the Torah?

There are many things that I think are bad and should be talked about in the Jewish religion, along side other orthodox religions. I don't think ATS should tolerate personal discrimination on any level. As long as it's the religion itself and the language is 'civil' then I see no issues here, and no need for a ban.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
That said, the Jewish religion has evil things in it, and people should be aware of that too.

Religions are concepts.
People are evil.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I personally don't believe that. I don't believe people are evil. I believe people are inherently good. I think people become 'bad' from the inherent problems of the environment they live in. Society squeezes it out of them.

There are evil 'concepts' in the Jewish religion. I don't think it makes a person evil if he or she is Jewish of faith. All I am saying is the concepts should be scrutinized and discussed.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Well, "evil" is the wrong word, people are -insert adjective -.
People create concepts and behave accordingly.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

And so we have bridged the distance in what we were saying!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalSolution

Little do people realise that, from it's earliest history, Israel has been targetted for extermination. Either they don't realise, or they don't want to realise.

If people hate Jews, one must ask: Why do they hate Jews?

Perhaps could it be that Jews are doing something wrong to receive the hate? Did that cross your mind?

Let me put it this way. Next time you are sitting next to someone you don't know and have never met before, ask yourself if you hate that person. You probably don't. Now, tell yourself that he just raped and killed someone. Do you hate him now? Probably.

For someone to receive hate, they have to do something for people to hate them in the first place.

Humans learn from experience. They don't hate things from birth. Perhaps if Jewish people are tired of "anti-semitism" (I use that term loosely), they should look again at the way they conduct business and interact with other people, instead of being lazy and laying the blame on everyone else for being "evil raisists" or "anti-semites".

[edit on 4-10-2008 by LogicalSolution]

But this is based on the very faulty assumption that what people might know about someone else is actually right in the first place.

Humans might learn from experience, but I'm afraid you don't know much about human psychology if you aren't aware of how potentially 'wrong' 'learned behaviour' can be. People can be very selective about what they take from experiences and this can create serious problems in how they perceive their next 'experience'.

As for the idea that "for someone to receive hate, they have to do something for people to hate them in the first place" - that's just a nonsense. In fact, it's laughable. This means there's no innocent people in the world if that for someone to be hated (and then have that hatred expressed either verbally or through action) they've always done some to warrant this. This is obviously not the case.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Study all peoples, all the languages, and all the cultures you can. Find out what people think about themselves, and ask each culture and religion what they think about others.

You may find that all people like themselves, and may tend to reify others, downgrade them, and even project aspersions.

The important thing is to have enough self esteem to refrain from the negation of others as an instrument of your ability to contrast yourself as "good," and the "other," as not so good. This kind of thing is pervasive, even consider the adversarial structure of our legal system. Minimizing others is an institution in that case, and in many others.

One cannot be entirely certain what constitutes "antisemitism," but the term most commonly seems to originate from various Jewish attorneys and groups, referring to any number of statements from other individuals and groups. It is used in so many contexts and parameters, that it seems to be a magic way to win every argument and in the same adversarial tone as a court system, to destroy your enemies without much effort or proof.

Take the idea that Israeli newspapers criticize some governmental process or action, but when the same words are used here in the United States, you may be guilty of antisemitism. So that is my argument, that you may never be able to eliminate "antisemitism," when it is defined by the Jewish people, and applied to everyone else.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Censoring any point of veiw is reprehensible.

So putting forward a view that you hate people of african american appearance is ok?

I dont see the difference between that and saying you hate jewish people

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
To the OP. When the Jews will stop to make anti-christian and anti-muslim threads like as they did many and none of you will come with the "we're the chosen ones" blablabla (Personal note: Hahaha.) there will be less anti-semitism here at ATS. But while you're creating hate, don't count for love not in the world, not even here at ATS. Anti-semitism is the effect of the cause what you're creating. If you don't like the effect, don't give us the cause, what breeds the effect.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Sheridan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join