It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-sematism on ATS should not be tolerated.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Its the height of stupidity to deny the holocaust happened,not anti-semitic.

Why is it stupid? As time and time goes on, more and more facts come out that prove the holocaust couldn't have happened. The only real proof they have that the holocaust did happen is the thousands of survivor stories (everyone couldn't be making it up, right?) but when you read any of these stories, you realize they sound like something out a a fairy tale. So much baloney in them.

You have to realize that the vast majority of holocaust survivors that are sharing their stories, were only 2-5 years old when the holocaust happened! Little kids have a very vivid imagination, and do you really trust them to be able to remember what accurately happened?

Neither is it anti-semitic to question how many people died,as the figures are constantly being revised.

Correct, first it was 5,000 jews died, then it got revamped to 30,000 then 150,000, then back down to 100,000, then up to 300,000, then 600,000, 2 milliion, and eventually up to the 6 million figure that is generally accepted today.

It has to make you wonder, that if they have to change the number so much, was the number really ever more than 0 to begin with?

-LS

[edit on 5-10-2008 by LogicalSolution]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalSolution
Because they have the power and are in control of everything. They don't want you to ask those questions, for if you do, and enough people believe you, they will lose their power.

...who is 'they' I keep hearing so much about in so many of these replies???

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
An odd statement to make. I'm curious, would you say that about white people? or catholics?

I find statements that imply Jews are non-white to be rather odd. Yes they have genetic traits that make them unique due to thousands of years of selective breeding, but that can be said about a lot of different populations. They are still Caucasian. (Obviously converts or "lost tribes" of dubious heritage are another matter).

I assume you used the term "white" to define race, if you meant skin color many Ashkenazi Jews are as white as any other fair skinned European.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalSolution

Why is it stupid? As time and time goes on, more and more facts come out that prove the holocaust couldn't have happened. The only real proof they have that the holocaust did happen is the thousands of survivor stories (everyone couldn't be making it up, right?) but when you read any of these stories, you realize they sound like something out a a fairy tale. So much baloney in them.

Because there is plenty of evidence to say genocide took place,just not accurate figures to give us a scale of it.

And those who are looking up the 'facts' nearly always fail to take into account the millions of non-Jews who were killed.

Genocide means the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national,racial,political,or cultural group.So along with the Jews you can include Slavs,Ethnic Poles,Soviet POWs,Roma(gypsies) Disabled,Mentally Ill,Homosexuals,Political Activists,Freemasons and Jehovah's Witnesses.
And most of them were being killed off before they started on the Jews.

It has to make you wonder, that if they have to change the number so much, was the number really ever more than 0 to begin with?

There's plenty of pictures of dead bodies to prove such a stupid bloody question wrong.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why is this so complicated?
Just do a simple google image search for "holocaust".
It will turn your stomach and give you nightmares for months.
What, you think that's CGI too?

Whatever you want to think of other people is just dandy, it's your mirror.

Just don't be ignorant.

[edit on 10/5/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There's plenty of pictures of dead bodies to prove such a stupid bloody question wrong.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Why is this so complicated?
Just do a simple google image search for "holocaust".
It will turn your stomach and give you nightmares for months.

One of the first things Professor Meredith Cantor taught me in the photojournalism class I took in college, is that it doesn't matter what's in the photo, all that matters is what you say is in the photo.

-LS

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

One of the first things they taught me in the photojournalism class I took in college, is that it doesn't matter what's in the photo, all that matters is what you say is in the photo.

Really?
One of the first things they taught ME in psychology "school" is it doesn't matter the reality, there's no length to which some people will go to justify their prejudice.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

One of the first things Professor Meredith Cantor taught me in the photojournalism class I took in college, is that it doesn't matter what's in the photo, all that matters is what you say is in the photo.

And that guys a professor

Warning! This picture contains fluffy bunnies!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Hmm, it is intellectually unfair to make fun of his statement.

How many times now have journalists been caught presenting a picture, purportedly proving something, after which it has been discouvered the shots where set up? Or staged, if you will ?

I remember an example of a picture of people behind a fence, rapported to be prisoners in some conflict who where being maltreated.. afterwards, photo's showed up that proved the fence was only a couple meters long, and the 'victims' where paid to pose as they did..

Not saying this happened to Holocaust photo's, but it has happened. So in a very real sense, you should allways keep questioning, even things you can 'see'..

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And that guys a professor

She.

Warning! This picture contains fluffy bunnies!

No, what it does contain is a pile of bodies, that could be any one, any where, any time, and could have died for any reason.

The photo does not show, nor contain any elements that prove that they are Jewish, and were Executed in a "death camp" during WWII.

-LS

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

Oh,of course its very easy to manipulate pictures and to manipulate with pictures,its an essential part of propaganda.

But with so many pictures and film footage from so many different sources,you have to agree that there was defenate mass murder going on.
The same with the Pacific war and the atrocities committed by the Japanese.

As i said though,its hard to know just what scale it was on.I personally believe the figures are lower....which means i can be arrested according to the laws on holocaust denial....wonder if it matters that i question the figures on all those who died at the hands of the Nazi's,not just the Jews

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Phatcat

But with so many pictures and film footage from so many different sources,you have to agree that there was defenate mass murder going on.
The same with the Pacific war and the atrocities committed by the Japanese.

There were Nazi concentration camps for Jews, just as we had concentration camps for the Japanese here in America. Just as many Japanese died in our concentration camps, many Jews died in the Nazi concentration camps. But there was no plan to ever "exterminate" them. The majority of deaths were from Typhus and other common disease back then. Are you now going to say that the Nazis invented Typhus? I bet they invented AIDS too to kill all the black people.

-LS

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

She.

Apologies.

No, what it does contain is a pile of bodies, that could be any one, any where, any time, and could have died for any reason.

You said that it doesn't matter what's in the photo,all that matters is what you say is in the photo,i told you it was fluffy bunnies....

The photo does not show, nor contain any elements that prove that they are Jewish, and were Executed in a "death camp" during WWII.

I never claimed any of those things.This is actually a picture of Soviet POWs who were murdered by lethal injections or medical experiments.The photo was taken by a Nazi.Which is an important point.

Many photos of those persecuted/killed by the Nazi's were taken by themselves,some even show high ranking Nazi officers.Are they staged??

There were Nazi concentration camps for Jews, just as we had concentration camps for the Japanese here in America. Just as many Japanese died in our concentration camps, many Jews died in the Nazi concentration camps.

Can you prove they weren't experimented on??
Can you prove the photo's of these places are real??

I'm sure some will find this new thread interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
*COUGH*

Because they have the power and are in control of everything. They don't want you to ask those questions, for if you do, and enough people believe you, they will lose their power.

...who is this 'they' I keep hearing so much about in so many of these replies???

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

who is this 'they' I keep hearing so much about in so many of these replies???

(check no ones near...leaning over so i can whisper to you...)

The Jews.

Eeek! Someone's coming.Quick! Runway!

(legs it)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The Jews.

...is that like 'The Jews' as like, the Jews as a collective...as a people...as the guys down the road...a baseball team?

Any particular Jews in there...or is this just a generalised 'The Jews' tag??

I'm hoping LogicalSolution might be able to specify who 'They' are...given the certainty and conviction 'they' is being used. Such a usage much surely come from some intimate and indepth understand/knowledge of who 'they' are and what 'they' do...for it to be used so often as such a definitive statement.

Surely.

Anything else would be like...well...

Peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Eh, We still need a factual Google. At its current state, the internet is the most useful disinformation tool available to TPTB.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Forgive my silliness,its late here and i've drank way to much coffee.lol.

When people talk about the Jews as 'They' it usually means as a collective,as there is a belief amongst some people that the western world is controlled by the Jewish people.Does that mean every single Jew in the world is in on it?
I highly doubt it.But thats the impression you get.Is there evidence to back it up? Not so much.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

"factual google"

You mean one that has the facts that fit you?
Or one that does your research for you?

Also we need a factual bookstore and a factual university.
Oooo, and factual ATS.

Just messin with ya.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
No 'antisemitism' shouldn't be allowed on the board. Racism of any type shouldn't be allowed.

However, the term 'antisemitism' has always confused me. Why the need for a separate (or special) term when dealing with racism against the Jewish? Is that in itself not a form of elitism? That somehow racism against Jews is worse/different and therefore requires it's own word to describe it?

Also why is the term used specifically for Jewish people when the Jewish are clearly not the only semitic culture.. (or those that use semitic language)? Have we forgotten that the Arabic, Aramaic, Maltese, Phoenician and many others are also considered as Semites?

Before someone gets their knickers in a knot, I'm just asking the question and would like a Jewish member (preferably) to explain to me why racism against Jewish people requires a term of it's own - different to common racism.

IRM

[edit on 6/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join