It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-sematism on ATS should not be tolerated.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this board, which is representative of the world at large, contains a large population of anti Jewish persons, who would rather give their allegiance to aliens, Nostradamus, crop circles, Islam, alien channelling, etc, than see common sense.

Hating Israel has become something of a fashion accessory, just like atheism.

Little do people realise that, from it's earliest history, Israel has been targetted for extermination. Either they don't realise, or they don't want to realise.

They think they have 'knowledge'.

Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man

No it hasen't! Hate is never fashionable unless your a Republican.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Problem is that it all comes down to perception.

If people perceive that a thread/post is a bit hinky, then they can *alert* it and a Mod/s will have a look at it and make a call from there.

Mods also have a wide variety of perspectives too...what I may see as Racist/Sexist/whatever-ist another Mod may well not. So whatever I might take a scalpel another Mod may have walked on past and not batted an eyelid...

...I guess it comes to which Mod is walking past at the time...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Little do people realise that, from it's earliest history, Israel has been targetted for extermination. Either they don't realise, or they don't want to realise.

If people hate Jews, one must ask: Why do they hate Jews?

Perhaps could it be that Jews are doing something wrong to receive the hate? Did that cross your mind?

Let me put it this way. Next time you are sitting next to someone you don't know and have never met before, ask yourself if you hate that person. You probably don't. Now, tell yourself that he just raped and killed someone. Do you hate him now? Probably.

For someone to receive hate, they have to do something for people to hate them in the first place.

Humans learn from experience. They don't hate things from birth. Perhaps if Jewish people are tired of "anti-semitism" (I use that term loosely), they should look again at the way they conduct business and interact with other people, instead of being lazy and laying the blame on everyone else for being "evil raisists" or "anti-semites".

[edit on 4-10-2008 by LogicalSolution]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by chissler

Mods handle trolls. Members handle ignorance.

Well said "dog". Short but oh so true and the best way to approach this forum at all times.

I've taken offense periodically, specifically when a minority of the human population informs me I "will be left behind" when judgment day comes.

But you know what? When I feel myself getting all worked up I stop, acknowledge and appreciate the poster's position, agree with myself to disagree, and go play with my dog.

That's what makes this site so interesting. If all that was posted were topics that I wholeheartedly agreed with, it would be a pretty boring place.

Listen to what other people have to say, sometimes you may even learn something new, something that could radically change your world view. If someone is being a blatant fool, report them. I did once and the member is no longer here. It was a hard decision but I felt that I needed to speak my voice and deny ignorance.

IMO, certain repulsive posts are the making of someone who lacks the maturity to realize that they are making purposely harmful comments because they are so wound up in their own belief system (see fundamentalism), they are reveling in their own warped sense of fun, or they are just downright ignorant fools who don't understand the concept of meaningful dialog and debate.

"Keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out"

[edit on 4-10-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think this link will clear it all up for anyone who has any questions about this subject.

IF AMERICA KNEW: WHAT EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ISRAEL/PALISTINE

I think anyone who is 110% against the illegal occupation of Palistine, like me, always makes sure to say that the Jewish religion has been highjacked. There are many Jews against the state of Israel, just do a search on it. Its Israel's leaders and policy makers that are the problem, not the people, just like America.

Jews have been kicked out of viturally all countries they have ever inhabbited due to the few who represent them. I have many Jewish friends which I cherish and respect, but there is no reason to take land from innocent people because a book written 4000 years ago says it is theirs. It's complete bullsh*t and anyone who looks into the problem can see there is no reason we should back such a country.

Backing Israel by giving them arms at cost so they can turn around and make a profit selling them to countries like Georgia, and giving them 6.8 million dollars a day is not worth 1 more American life.

DUMP ISRAEL, SAVE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Dump Israel.....Invite Islam

I have been around a long time. Researched every possible angle regarding the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

Believe me.....speaking as an Englishman.......Israel is not your enemy.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by chissler

I see. I agree. I guess these people shouldn't be silenced, but, I do think that they shouldn't go out and promote these ideas just because they're on the internet, outside of law enforcement and a public place, just to offend people.

what you do Frankidealist is you meet them head on and you match them blow for blow

the danger in any opinion is not the opinion itself - it's in the unchallenged opinion

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalSolution

You took the words out of my mouth LS

I've been having this conversation with several people in the wake of the debates.

Hate against a certain people group is almost never uninvited, but the "justification" tends to get lost in the reaction.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is the problem with modern society instead of facing our problems and dealing with them we try to hide them from ourselves and ban all subject matter related to the problem.

We dont like a movie, well then the ONLY logical choice is to ban the movie from everyone.

We dont like certain words being said on tv then we form yet another alphabet agency to make sure we dont hear the slightest resemblance to those words.

Instead of trying to kill off our problems why dont we do the only logical thing and face our problems and deal with them. If you dont like the talk you hear ignore it. People cant get rid of their problems by trying to hide from them, so deal with it.

Otherwise you are no better than the people who are trying to manipulate and control us.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
there is too much censorship on this board as it is.

Blatantly anti-Semitic posts are easily countered by reasoned debate, as it should be.

If ATS were to add anti-Semitic posts to the T&C list of taboo topics (already too long), I - for one - would leave and not come back.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What a heavy and naughty thing the Ego is.

Taking extreme positions on superficial concepts to establish the foundations of it's own shaky premise.

And it loves hate like I love treats.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

Otherwise you are no better than the people who are trying to manipulate and control us.

Don't say that, it's anti-semitism!

-LS

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If I wanted distracting, non confronting, sanitized, censored, spun, manipulated, digestable, entertaining, condescending, patronizing, homogeneous, numbing, agenda setting, polarizing, conforming, advertising, branded, ratings based content I'd turn on the TV.

Instead I come to ATS to seek a closer experience with truth. Truth is scary, uncensored, disturbing, confronting, challenging, shocking and always stranger than fiction.

Your request to censor 'anti-semitism' framed weakly within a secondary request to censor/moderate anti-religious content has no place on ATS in my opinion as it has all the hallmarks of the mainstream corporate owned media.

Furthermore it is an insulting and patronising request because at its core it assumes that members of ATS can't think for themselves, and need to be protected from certain types of content.

I for one can make up my own mind about religion, race and culture and demand the full spectrum of information available so as to continue on the path of genuine learning and education.

[edit on 2008-10-4 by primamateria]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

If I could star on this board, you'd have gotten one..

For argument's sake, let's assume the Mods comply to your request.
All posts which could be construed as Anti-Semitism get deleted, and the author warned or banned, depending on the severity.

All threads dealing with Israel and Palestine would bite the dust, too.

Then a guy argues that bankers are also for a large part Jewish people, so, just to be sure, all topics concerning bankers get the axe treatment.

Offcourse, many of the familys who are attributed to the NWO are also Jews.. hmm, might hurt their feelings, it's gotta go..

When all possibly offending topics have been removed, we could maybe have a discussion concerning the dangers of knitting, or maybe a soccer forum.. provided the team discussed doesn't have Jewish people playing or running it

Going way overboard in the other direction, I know, but a site that proclaims to search for Thruth should not be censored in that way. (if and when the topic does have merit, and can be backed up with sources)

If a topic would be started that is obviously just started to preach racial hatred, I'm sure the Mods will delete it. Well, not sure, but I'd expect it, anyway.

Calling for a ban on any topic only gives credence to the topic, anyway.
In a 'what do they have to hide that's too sensitive to talk about in an adult fashion' kind of way.

I'm no anti-Semite, just to make that clear. Just a person who really clings to this quaint little thing called freedom of speech

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
Unfortunately, this board, which is representative of the world at large, contains a large population of anti Jewish persons, who would rather give their allegiance to aliens, Nostradamus, crop circles, Islam, alien channelling, etc, than see common sense.

Nice subtle little mind trick there, placing a major religion among traditional tin foil topics. Learn that from the media by chance?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... so by this I take it you're either a bigoted Jew or Christian, and for some reason you can't fathom how people can see Israel as anything other than a innocent victim in this whole mess with the Palestinians. You also resent Athiests, I would venture, seeing them as deluded, misguided, evil, sinful, etc etc etc, due to burn in hell for eternity when they die.... wait, that reminds me of something the Taliban might say......... but I digress.

Dump Israel.....Invite Islam

I have been around a long time. Researched every possible angle regarding the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

I should just point out the hypocracy of coming into a thread, bitching about anti-Jewish remarks, and then loading one's comments with yet more religious bigotry aimed at another faith.

Oh, and by the way, age most definately does NOT automatically mean wise. Just FYI, like.

Believe me.....speaking as an Englishman.......Israel is not your enemy.

Ahhh... so the English speak for the Israelis now is it? I was wondering why Olmert had a cockney accent...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
One question: Let's say that I was in college, and had a room mate. Imagine my room mate kicks me out because of issue "X". So I move in with another room mate. He also kicks me out because of issue "X". This repeats over and over and over. Let's say it happens 30 times, each time due to "X".

How many times would it take before you would go "You know, those room mates just might be right about 'X' "?

It is my contention (but I may be incorrect) that most people on the internet have made, and fully understand, the difference between Ashkanazi jews, and Sephardic jews.

Last point. Most CONSPIRACY PEOPLE who "blame the jews" haven't yet reached a point in their conspiracy education where they realize the ashkanazi are just high-level managers, they aren't the "owners" of the conspiracy.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

No, one other point: Why are the Jews the ONLY people in the world that you can't EVER criticize? White people can be criticized, so can black people, asian people, Eskimos, Native Americans, Indians, Arabic, even South Pacific Islanders. So why must we NEVER criticize jews?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Can you link some examples of the anti-Semitic posts that you are talking about?

I haven't noticed ATS being any more antisemitic than it is anti-Christian, or anti-Muslim or anti-anything. I think that people are too quick to pull the anti-Semite card.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalSolution

Do the sins of the few - or even of the many - justify the vilification of the whole? Seriously? I'd like to think not.

I'd also like to think that people could also make an effort to know someone or relate to someone on an individual/face-to-face/person to person basis...not as a collection of history, not just as a member of a particular race, creed, gender, family, community, whatever.

I certainly accept that - particularily on a personal level - it can be beneficial to have some self-reflection. To look at how we ourselves portray ourselves and how that may impact/influence other peoples responses to us.

...but how far do we take that? Does that extend to taking ownership of the actions of every other Member of our particular group? I'd hope not...heh...as my own culture had some rather 'out there' people in it who ate people! Who were very war-like when the occasion called for it and certainly had their fair share of blood on their hands.

Though I'd hope people wouldn't judge me as a violent cannibalistic heathen due to the actions of a few of my ancestors.
Or as a low-life good-for-nothing benefit-cheque-receiving substance-abusing lawless criminal due to many of my people being on Benefits, in Prison, showing up disproportionately in all the negative social stats...for I am the complete opposite to that stereotype...

To be honest I think its lazy to judge a collective on the actions and perceived actions of a few/many.

Its a bit like asking the women in Refuge Shelters why they didn't keep their mouths shut.

I know you aren't condoning violence or so forth, but I also think that history has shown us that when we start collectively grouping peoples, when we start tarring people with the same brush instead of relating to them as people first...then well we end up with such things as Ovens burning 24/7, races eradicated, religions hunted down and a bodycount that no amount of 'they brought it on themselves' can ever justify.

...and if thats the mentality we accept - then I hope each and every one of us has no skeletons in our own family/cultures closet...which I seriously doubt...

Peace.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
No, one other point: Why are the Jews the ONLY people in the world that you can't EVER criticize? White people can be criticized, so can black people, asian people, Eskimos, Native Americans, Indians, Arabic, even South Pacific Islanders. So why must we NEVER criticize jews?

...just to take a *pause* for a minute here...

...why is it acceptable to criticise ANY culture? Be they 'White people, black people, asian people, Eskimos, Native Americans, Indians, Arabic, even South Pacific Islanders.'...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join