It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus returned with a new identity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111

Originally posted by RFBurns
Jesus said he will come like a thief in the night, no one will know when he has returned until AFTER his return.

Our only pre return clues are the things that are supposed to occur before his return. Even with those clues, we still do not know of the exact time or place or if he will ever return.

Its all a big guessing game that has been going on now for centuries.

Cheers!!!!

True. But we can still try to be awake and not lukewarm.

Israel becoming a nation in 1948 is significant. Unfortunately it did so without first the Messiah coming (returning). Or did he and nobody recognized him? Something Zionists, Christians and Muslims should think twice about. Why did God allow Israel to be re-established?

The 1948 date isn't significant for prophecy, the 1967 date however, is significant, that's they year they captured Jerusalem as her capital city.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You are wrong about 1948 and prophecy. I'm not obligated to teach you, but if you'll get out the OT, you'll find prophecies that in the latter times, the Jews, long scattered among nations, were to be gathered from every nation to become once again a single nation. Obviously, that happened in 1948.

And then things start to get interesting. And the nations that basically make up the old Persian Empire are to be arrayed against them, and since there's no way the much smaller Jewish nation could win against the superpowerful numbers and nations, that's where it says that God will destroy them, thus proving He is God, and His is the Power, and His promise to Abraham and his decendents continues.

Read it yourself. It's all there. Easily understood, easy to read. But you never read it, otherwise you'd know what impact 1948 meant.

Now, do we not live in interesting times?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I havent read all of this thread,I dont really understand it but it was the title that made me come here and I dont expect any replies,,just wanna mention about people with mental illness's that feel Jesus within them and I just thought maybe Jesus will return with another identity but first he needs a suitable Spirit/Soul and this is why so many feel they are him or feel him within them.

Alot on here wont understand this obviously but there are some that will or know someone that has been through this.

It just seems if so many go through this and still goes through it,,there must be some kind of explanation to why it happens only to people with mental illness.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I beg to differ dude, I've been an avid student of Eschatology for over a decade. Now, the 1948 date was significant, but the "real" prophetic whammy was 1967, when Israel had Jerusalem again.

If we went by the 1948 date, we'd already be in the "end times". Jesus said the generation that witnesses Israel become a nation again will be the generation that witnesses the end of days.

A generation is generally 52.5 years in the Bible.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If Jesus returned as George W Bush, how many of you would quit your faith?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by chimpy38
reply to post by Matrix1111

I am a little confused as to what part of my post you are replying to. How is the blood of the lamb a cop out it specifically says in the bible that those who know the lord on an intimate and personal level will have a relationship with God and is saved in Jesus name.

By cop out I mean that Christians tend to believe everything is alright and all we have to do is wait for Jesus' return. Meanwhile we can continue to be sinners, "rape and pillage," and generally be irresponsible because all is forgiven by the "blood of the lamb." This has been the history of Christianity. Even today, developed Christian nations use and exploit other nations for their own selfish needs. There is no serious effort to actually take responsibility for the world as the body of Christ. Everything is being left for the Second Coming. Yet, Jesus said if we had faith we would do greater things than him. There is no reason to wait. We should live as if we are Christ ourselves and do greater things than him, if we are truly have faith.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If jesus returned u would all bag him and he would die unheard of.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Sounds to me like you are getting your 'information' from the Gnostics. And Freemasonry????

Would you care to watch a video from a former high level Illuminist?

I can link it for you, they are the last folks on Earth I'd care to hear Biblical "truths" from.

Yes, I'd be happy to watch such a video. I have yet to come to any conclusions about Gnostics or Freemasons. I'm as dubious about it as I am with Catholism and Christianity. Somewhere in the middle is the truth, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Like i keep saying here on many occasions that many have claimed to be Jesus. The false jesus will call himself jesus, the true jesus will have a different name, that is very logical but he will have encripted code that proves he is jesus, like me.

I feel i am in some way as well, no one will believe when Jesus comes and this is the test of humanity because god has had enough and he will not repent to foolish people.

Time and time again you are shown and y ou dont listen, so why would "jesus" be foolisha enough to tell you he is here? you have to work that out for yourselfs, of course his here.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Read it yourself. It's all there. Easily understood, easy to read. But you never read it, otherwise you'd know what impact 1948 meant.

Now, do we not live in interesting times?

Fascinating. Do you have the Bible verses? Please educate us. We may both learn something.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmindflare

It just seems if so many go through this and still goes through it,,there must be some kind of explanation to why it happens only to people with mental illness.

I understand it to a certain extent. I think it has to do with the fact that this is the time for Jesus' return. As far as I know, he may already be on earth. This means that we all have the potential of becoming one with him in mind and spirit. It also means that the flaming sword that has been blocking the way back to the "tree of life" (perfection) in the Garden of Eden has been removed and we all can have access to this tree of life.

New Agers have been talking about this being the time of Ascension. The matches with the way to the tree of life being open. This "tree of life" has the power to awaken our six spiritual senses. It's this generation living on earth now that has that potential. The power is there to be tapped into. The problem is that drugs or mental illness allows certain people to "sneak through" and gain some of this power. They get bits and pieces of the message that "we are gods." This was the original plan of God, for Adam and Eve and their descendents to be co-creators and divine beings.

My intuition tells me everything is in place for a grand ascension, if we can only figure out all the details and unify all the loose ends. And most important is what you say about God wanting to find someone to dwell in and manifest himself through. But that person needs to be purified and his mind and body unified. Once one person does that, others can duplicate it. That is the meaning of Messiah to me. Remember, we are to be temples of God.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

If we went by the 1948 date, we'd already be in the "end times". Jesus said the generation that witnesses Israel become a nation again will be the generation that witnesses the end of days.

A generation is generally 52.5 years in the Bible.

The "end of days" means an end of an era. It doesn't necessarily mean the end of the world. Remember, Jesus said he was coming without signs. So he could already be here now.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Excellent post Matrix, very insightful thinking on your part. You are very good at digging to the root of the logic in the scriptures reflecting prophecy.

He will have a new name and no one will recognize him.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by redled
If Jesus returned as George W Bush, how many of you would quit your faith?

When John the Baptist baptized Jesus at the Jordan river, he had a transcendental experience and believed Jesus was the Messiah the Jews were waiting for. John had lots of power. Almost all the Jews of Israel had been baptized by John. Some leaders were even thinking he was the Messiah. Imagine what would have happened if John joined Jesus and went around testifying that Jesus was the Messiah. Everybody would have believed his testimony. Somehow, John became confused and questioned whether Jesus was the Messiah or not. His confusion got him arrested for irrelevant issues (Herod's immorality) and ended up dying in prison.

George W Bush, if anything, would be like John the Baptist -- if Jesus is here on earth today. George might know who this new identity Christ is. And like John, he might have blown it when he failed to testify on behalf of this Messiah. And like John, he might have gone astray with irrelevant issues and gotten himself in deep poo poo as a consequence. That's my suspicion.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLion
If jesus returned u would all bag him and he would die unheard of.

That's a big possibility. But somehow this time around I think he won't be allowed to "crucified." Already God is protecting Israel beyond odds. I'm sure he can do the same for the Messiah. Besides, the "atonement" business already took place. Now it's time for the second part of Isaiah's prophecy (Isa. 9:7) to be fulfilled.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Of course he'll have a new name instead of Jesus, or am I missing something here? If you mean a new belief system and a new message, then I think no, he would still be the same. A God that changes his mind would not inspire much confidence in his followers.

If a second coming ever takes place, the people of the world won't recognize him because they won't accept him as who he says he is. How many people say they're Jesus every day?

To be acknowledged he'd have to do something amazing, a global event to grab everyone's attention. There is a British TV Movie called "Second Coming" with Christopher Eccleston (The Invisible Man from Heroes) that portrays the event really well. Not all of the film's great, but his introductions is excellently done.

If he ever comes, we'll be alright, he's not a bad sort.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Sendran]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Apologies in advance, couldn't help myself with this one...

Jesus (in Homer Simpson voice) - Hello, my name is Fred.

Postman - What is your surname Fred?

Jesus (in Homer Simpson voice) - I don't know.......

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

By cop out I mean that Christians tend to believe everything is alright and all we have to do is wait for Jesus' return. Meanwhile we can continue to be sinners, "rape and pillage," and generally be irresponsible because all is forgiven by the "blood of the lamb."

That is ABSOLUTELY false, any self-proclaimed "Christian" who says/believes that is either a liar or seriously deceived.

Jesus says "Why do you call me Lord, Lord, yet no do the things that I say."

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I am inclined to agree with you on that point. Through my christian mother I know many many christians and very little, if not none of them, believe that they can go through life pillaging and raping and believe all will be forgiven at the end.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
His people KNOW HIS VOICE ...if they have a personal relationship with him (on a daily basis ) they KNOW HIS VOICE they know HIS WAY ..they KNOW HIS PERSONALITY (Because of the Holy Spirit within them) ....they are as one ...just like you would know your very close loved one even if he or she had a complete change of identity on the outside ..you would still recognize their heart.mind and soul....

So you see it depends really on how close you are to someone and how much you pay attention to that person ...whether or not you would recognize them.

I know even with my husband ..I can FEEL HIM in the room in the dark even ..I can feel him when he is on his way home ....
I can also read his thoughts and hear him when he is thinking about me ..he can hear me too ....we answer eachothers questions before even hearing them come out of our mouths ..We are truly ONE and on the same wave length .....and have so much love for eachother that nothing (not even death) will break that connection ..as he is in me and I am in him as one together ....I am really blessed to have found someone like my husband ..this love is very close to what I feel with my Lord ....
I would recognize him even if he changed every thing on the outside (appearances) .....

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join