It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus returned with a new identity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What would happen if Jesus returned today and he said Christian teachings are all wrong? Based on some of the things recorded in the Bible, there is a good chance of this happening.

Of his return, Jesus said:

On that day many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?" And then will I declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers." -Matt. 7:22-23

I tell you, he will vindicate them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth? -Luke 18:8

The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed. -Luke 17:20

But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. -Luke 17:25

From these quotes of Jesus, it's possible to deduce that when he returns, there may not be the kind of faith (belief) that is required to recognize him. There won't be signs to indicate he has returned. And there will be even devout Christians that he rejects.

Most Christians will be upset with the possibility that Jesus will be rejected when he comes again. But think about it, would God make it any easier for Christians to recognize their Messiah as he did for the Israelites?

If we really consider these Bible verses, we'd have to consider the possibility that Christians will reject Jesus when he returns -- especially since the Bible also says that Jesus will come with a new name.

His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. -Rev. 19:12

I will write on him the name of my God... and I will also write on him my new name. -Rev. 3:12

Jesus comes with a new name? The churches don't teach that. This seems like a perfect set up for Jesus to be persecuted and rejected just like he was the first time. It almost seems like it's the plan. Why would God want this to happen? Is it a test of humility? Is it for the sake of finding only the purest of faith -- the 144,000? In the process, won't it result in many people coming forward saying they are the Messiah? How are we to know who is the true Messiah?

Strange.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Are you just pulling quotes out of the air? It seems you are taking them from some website or blog from someone who doesn't understand the Bible or prophecy.

The reason there will hardly be anyone who recognizes Him or anyone who is following His Christianity is because the Christian church will be raptured, then those who come to know Him during the tribulation will be martyred by the antichrist. Those who come to know Him during the tribulation will be murdered for refusing to take the mark of the beast and those who refuse to worship him.

It's a matter of circumstance, not religious practice.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Are you just pulling quotes out of the air? It seems you are taking them from some website or blog from someone who doesn't understand the Bible or prophecy.

The reason there will hardly be anyone who recognizes Him or anyone who is following His Christianity is because the Christian church will be raptured, then those who come to know Him during the tribulation will be martyred by the antichrist. Those who come to know Him during the tribulation will be murdered for refusing to take the mark of the beast and those who refuse to worship him.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

That is actually a major point of debate in Christian Theology. The truth is, we will not know anything for sure until it happens.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

No, I've been thinking a lot about this lately. It seems that the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Da Vinci Code raises many questions about the legitimacy of the Catholic/Christian version of Jesus. The quotes are relevant, yet they are ignored for obvious reasons. (They don't jive with traditional Christian beliefs.)

The Rapture is a literal interpretation of a figurative passage. It's therefore an incorrect Christian belief. It's the as with the passage that says Jesus came down from heaven. (John 6:38) That didn't ever take place. Jesus was born from Mary. He didn't magically appear from heaven or on the clouds. The meaning is that the spiritual state of Jesus is heavenly. Likewise, when Christians are to be "lifted up to meet Jesus in the air," it's speaking of a spiritual state of mind. Only the heavenly minded can inherit the kingdom of God.

Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. -(Rev. 22:14)

The Christian beliefs of the End Times is very questionable, considering. Looks to me like very few people will be qualified to "meet Jesus in the air."

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Doesn't the bible also say that there will come another prophet before he returns to earth? And why do Yankee Christians think this can not be true and we are currently living through rapture? Anyway Christians are doing the killing, lying and stealing, they control everything so I doubt Jesus will come and say: "I love your blue eyes, kill more Arabs for me and steal more money from the poor please"...so I doubt evangelicals that vote Repub will be loved much by Jesus as the Jews...but hey they are ushering in the end times one Arab and half a negro at a time...I doubt Jesus is their friend or a friend of those that turned his home into a concentration camp for Christians and Muslims.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MockedUnicorn

That is actually a major point of debate in Christian Theology. The truth is, we will not know anything for sure until it happens.

The expectation for the Jewish Messiah during Jesus' time didn't match up with who Jesus was. Considering how history seems to repeat itself, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens the second time around. Christians will reject Jesus #2 on theological grounds.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MockedUnicorn

No it isn't, the antichrist will kill everyone who refuses the mark, and refuses to worship the image of him during the last 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation period, also known as the "Great" period of said Tribulation.

Revelation 13:16:

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"

"All" is pretty specific, and that is why hardly anyone will recognize Him when He comes to Earth for the 2nd time. That is precisely why He will not find hardly anyone who is following Him at the time.

They will mostly be dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

It seems that the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Da Vinci Code raises many questions about the legitimacy of the Catholic/Christian version of Jesus.

How do the Dead Sea Scrolls 'raise questions about Jesus'??? There are only Old Testament books of the scripture found at the Dead Sea. There are no NT text.

Secondly, Dan Brown is an unbeliever, and Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction, you can find it in the 'fiction' section of any bookstore.

The Rapture is a literal interpretation of a figurative passage.

This is a falsehood, in fact the other side (Theosophy Society) is awaiting the rapture too. However, their "spirit guides", (demons) are telling their human channelers that the coming christ (antichrist0 will send people who will never accept his teachings to "another dimension".

Secondly, the "church" is absent from Revelation.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's a rather Bible-belt, Protestant American way of interpreting Revelations, isn't it?

I don't mean to be offensive to you or your beliefs in anyway, but the majority of Christians (the entire Catholic faith included) don't believe that Revelations is a literal prophecy. In fact, Catholics accept Revelations as a book condemning the inherit hypocrisy and corruption of the Roman Empire, not as an end of days narrative.

I think the thread author brings up a very relevant point; and that is modern Christianity is not the Judaism Christ taught.

In my opinion, if Christ showed up today to usher in true enlightenment, most likely we would never know who he was because he would be locked in an institutional hospital, drugged until he was in a semi coma trance, and placed with three other guys who thought they were Jesus and a man who thought he was a duck.

IF he didn't want to come back to that, he'd have to come back with guns blazing. The world as a whole is too numb and too worried about their own lives to take notice of anything outside the mainstream.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

How do the Dead Sea Scrolls 'raise questions about Jesus'??? There are only Old Testament books of the scripture found at the Dead Sea. There are no NT text.

Secondly, Dan Brown is an unbeliever, and Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction, you can find it in the 'fiction' section of any bookstore.

My understanding is that the Dead Sea Scrolls were part of the Essenes' library. The Essene community was started after the Maccabee revolt. After the Maccabees set up their own line of priesthood, the true priesthood (Zadokites, aka. Essenes) left Jerusalem and continued the priesthood lineage in Qumran. John the Baptist and Jesus were educated by the Essenes, if not members. Many of their teachings (baptism, purification) comes from the Essenes. This syncretism of the Essence and Christianity is what I mean by the Dead Sea Scroll raising questions about Jesus.

Da Vinci Code is inspired by many bits of information, some from current books of theologians/scholars and some from the Knights Templar beliefs, aka. Freemasons. The point is, dispite the Inquisition attempting to suppress and bury this history, the information is finding its way back into the light of day.

This is a falsehood, in fact the other side (Theosophy Society) is awaiting the rapture too. However, their "spirit guides", (demons) are telling their human channelers that the coming christ (antichrist0 will send people who will never accept his teachings to "another dimension".

Secondly, the "church" is absent from Revelation.

Was the resurrection a physical or spiritual phenomenon? Is the "rapture" a phsyical or spiritual phenomenon? Same issue. Find the answer to one and you have the answer to the other.

Btw, who decides what's a falsehood and what isn't? The false priesthood of Israel found Jesus to be a falsehood. Yet, it was the Essenes who carried the bloodline of the priesthood. The parallels are the same today. Who is the true "priesthood" of Christianity? Who will decide who Jesus #2 is when he comes? The Catholic Church? The various other Christian sects? How will he be recognized if he comes without signs or like a thief in the night?

Lots of lessons to learn from what occurred during the Dead Sea Scroll era.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Jesus said he will come like a thief in the night, no one will know when he has returned until AFTER his return.

Our only pre return clues are the things that are supposed to occur before his return. Even with those clues, we still do not know of the exact time or place or if he will ever return.

Its all a big guessing game that has been going on now for centuries.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The person come with the name Jesus, is 666. The person drops every name all have known because the person is the 666 itself. 666 is "the" I.

Those the 666 never knew is all not 666. Think. You havent knew anyone outside you, correct? So if you find yourself not 666, then you are an evildoer who prolly were "in" Jesus name. In? Would you rather be "in" or be the person itself? Anyone in someone or something is actually outside it because they are not the one or the thing itself.

So if you wont stand yourself the 666, then you are outside. And the 666 were itself "in" the name Jesus, but cast the name and every other name off!!

If you are given 666's new name, then it means you are branded damned and it means the End is come. Come 1 is realization. Come 2 is actualization. After the End actualizes you'll either be with Death and Hell or with Life and Paradise. "With" implies "not against" which means you are not against going in damnation if you are not 666, because your will, intent, and desire say you are 'for' damnation. What is 666's new name? It aint 666 since 666 gives it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Man decieves because man has a name (John Doe, etc) and the flesh is not the "I" (the person) when you're not this earthly source.

The 666 can come with man on, and seem just like those who wait for their Lord till 666 find this man body on the foes (the devil and the betrayor).

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Doesn't the bible also say that there will come another prophet before he returns to earth? And why do Yankee Christians think this can not be true and we are currently living through rapture? Anyway Christians are doing the killing, lying and stealing, they control everything so I doubt Jesus will come and say: "I love your blue eyes, kill more Arabs for me and steal more money from the poor please"...so I doubt evangelicals that vote Repub will be loved much by Jesus as the Jews...but hey they are ushering in the end times one Arab and half a negro at a time...I doubt Jesus is their friend or a friend of those that turned his home into a concentration camp for Christians and Muslims.

I think if it wasn't for Jesus' willingness to be crucified, none of us would exist. The world would have been destroyed with everyone on it. But Jesus enabled mercy and forgiveness to be given. Mankind has been reprieved from the hell it deserves. Fact is, we create our own hells. There's no one to blame but ourselves. Resentment and hate only breeds more resentment and hate. That's why Jesus taught that we should love our enemies, not just the good people. Besides, it's all relative. We're all sinners. As Jesus said, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

When Cain killed Abel, he felt justified. When the Jews crucified Jesus, they felt justified. When the Christians killed the Jews, they felt justified. When the Jews kill the Palestinians, they feel justified. Arabs kill Christians and Jews, and they feel justified. It's a vicious circle which no one knows how to ecsape. Until we get beyond the letter of the law business and start really practicing the love and mercy that is taught in the three Abrahamic religions, we'll continue to create our own hells.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sometimes i really think we look to deep in the bible for meaning that is not there. We debate whether the rapture is real or not really does not matter as long as we live Christlike we really don't have to worry about it do we. and i have seen it explained in other post on ATS what rapture really means and it means caught up so the actual argument is semantics does it really matter what we call it if it happens? I for one would think not and as far as knowing jesus those who are saved by the blood of the lamb will know him!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Jesus said he will come like a thief in the night, no one will know when he has returned until AFTER his return.

Our only pre return clues are the things that are supposed to occur before his return. Even with those clues, we still do not know of the exact time or place or if he will ever return.

Its all a big guessing game that has been going on now for centuries.

Cheers!!!!

True. But we can still try to be awake and not lukewarm.

Israel becoming a nation in 1948 is significant. Unfortunately it did so without first the Messiah coming (returning). Or did he and nobody recognized him? Something Zionists, Christians and Muslims should think twice about. Why did God allow Israel to be re-established?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimpy38
Sometimes i really think we look to deep in the bible for meaning that is not there. We debate whether the rapture is real or not really does not matter as long as we live Christlike we really don't have to worry about it do we. and i have seen it explained in other post on ATS what rapture really means and it means caught up so the actual argument is semantics does it really matter what we call it if it happens? I for one would think not and as far as knowing jesus those who are saved by the blood of the lamb will know him!

I think it does matter. Look at the world around us. It's a mess. Is that what Jesus wants? Is that the purpose of his crucifixion? A hell on earth full of "religous people" claiming to have the faith when no works are seen?

It's a serious matter. Wars are fought because of the confusion of Christianity. If Christianity truly had the power of Christ, and not just the form, the world should have been transformed into a world filled with love many times over. But it hasn't. So something is wrong. Until we figure out what is wrong, we'll live in ignorance and darkness. Then the "blood of the lamb" becomes a cop-out.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I am a little confused as to what part of my post you are replying to. How is the blood of the lamb a cop out it specifically says in the bible that those who know the lord on an intimate and personal level will have a relationship with God and is saved in Jesus name.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

I think the thread author brings up a very relevant point; and that is modern Christianity is not the Judaism Christ taught.

Yes. Just what happened to the Jerusalem church? Why was Paul in opposition to it and taught a different doctrine? Why did Paul's theology survive and Jame's theology died out?

In my opinion, if Christ showed up today to usher in true enlightenment, most likely we would never know who he was because he would be locked in an institutional hospital, drugged until he was in a semi coma trance, and placed with three other guys who thought they were Jesus and a man who thought he was a duck.

I like that. Funny. Whatever the case, we're screwed!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Sounds to me like you are getting your 'information' from the Gnostics. And Freemasonry????

Would you care to watch a video from a former high level Illuminist?

I can link it for you, they are the last folks on Earth I'd care to hear Biblical "truths" from.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join