It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus returned with a new identity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

If you understand "hair" to be representative of "spiritual recognition" such as in the story Samson, then it can be seen that the "sheep to the shearer" refers to the second coming.

Interesting. Any links to back this up?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

The battle versus King and Priest is the pivot on which history turns, and since women are precluded from that dynamic in our times, the whole thing is wobbly and off balance.

Very true. It's when King and Priest work in unity that history advances. Examples: Saul/Samuel and Charlemagne/Pope Leo III. It has to do with historical figures playing out the "Cain and Abel" test that God sets up in order to enable progress to take place.

It's interesting that during a specifically successful pivotal point in history, it was a female that helped make it happen. I'm speaking of Rebecca who helped Jacob gain the blessing from Isaac and upon that foundation Israel was built. The downfall of Jesus was that Mary neglected to support his mission, instead thinking he should stop his craziness and come home. (Mark 6:4-6, John 7:4, Matt. 12:47-49)

Both men took on the priests of their day, Akhenaten built his own city and told them to sod-off. Jesus refused his kingly iheritance and also told them to sod-off. Neither of these men, at the dawn of their particular age, used statecraft. They used religious metaphor and built for the FUTURE.

Partly true. The religious leaders of Jesus' day expected a military conquering Messiah. The Zealot Judas expected the same and conspired against Jesus because of that incongruity.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
[What still awaits the full recognition of the new Messiah is the building of the 3rd Temple. ]

I have a theory of how they will solve the problem with the Dome.....
How about they find out the first and second temples were in another area other than where the Dome is ?
www.templemount.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
[What still awaits the full recognition of the new Messiah is the building of the 3rd Temple. ]

I have a theory of how they will solve the problem with the Dome.....
How about they find out the first and second temples were in another area other than where the Dome is ?
www.templemount.org...

That area is still Palestinian/Muslim territory. Israel would have to make some kind of deal. But without the help of the "new Jesus" I doubt that's possible. If it happens, you can be sure it would be considered a miracle.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
That new Jesus you are going on about will be the AntiChrist...and he will see to it that they get their temple built ...he will be in on it ...of that I am sure ..
(I am still not getting what you mean by a new Jesus ) >.Did I miss a post ?

Here is scripture that proves when the AC comes ...they will accept him ..
Jhn 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
If you will go to a Jewish site you will see what they are expecting of their Messiah when he comes .. ..(I have posted the links before but here is one )
www.jewfaq.org...

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That new Jesus you are going on about will be the AntiChrist...and he will see to it that they get their temple built ...he will be in on it ...of that I am sure ..
(I am still not getting what you mean by a new Jesus ) >.Did I miss a post ?

Jhn 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
If you will go to a Jewish site you will see what they are expecting of their Messiah when he comes .. ..(I have posted the links before but here is one )
www.jewfaq.org...

It's in the original post of this thread:

His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. -Rev. 19:12

I will write on him the name of my God... and I will also write on him my new name. -Rev. 3:12

There have been many anti-christs in the last century. Communism was an anti-christ. Hitler was an anti-christ. But where did this idea of an anti-christ come from? The Bible speaks of the anti-christ as someone who doesn't believe that Jesus came in the flesh.

Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. -2 John 1:7

Or it could be considered that all non-Christians are anti-christs:

...but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. -1 John 4:3

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. -1 John 2:22

And the reference seems to be directed to the people of Jesus' time:

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. -1 John 2:18

So it could be said that the last hour and the coming of the anti-christ took place in 70 AD with the destruction of Israel and the Temple.

I suspect that when the "new Jesus" comes, he'll be misperceieved to be the anti-christ.

I find it odd how entire belief systems developed from a few verses of the Bible here and there. We have Baptists basing their entilre doctrine on a few verses about baptist. We have entire denominations basing their belief system on a few verses of "being born again." We have communion being inspired by a few verses of the Last Supper. Why not the anointing of feet?

Jesus gave up trying to educate the people. The educated people that were prepared to work with Jesus were never handed over to Jesus. That's because the prophesied "prepared people" who would be raised up by the "second Elijah" (John the Baptist) never go the word that Jesus was the Messiah. John the Baptist never announced it to the religious leaders. Because of this failure, Jesus had to work with simple people who had no training in religious matters. They in fact had to ask Jesus why everyone was so eager on finding Elijah before they could accept Jesus as their Messiah.

It was out of this confusion that Christianity evolved, with one misunderstanding on top of another. So when Christ returns he'll have to undo all this mess before he can be recognized.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Matrix I think you need to do more studying into prophecy ..
Sounds like your going to fall for the new age Christ and be decieved along with millions of others ...due to misinterpretation of the word of God ..

Did the mark of the beast happen in 70 AD ? Did the Wrath of God happen in 70 AD .....Did the second coming of Christ come in 70 AD ? has satan been chained for a thousand years since 70 AD ? Did we have a millinial reign of Christ since 70 AD ? Did the battle of Armegeddon happen in 70 AD ?Did world GOv happen in 70 AD ? I could go on ..but I think you are getting the gist of it .

I think not ...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111
www.jewfaq.org...

Surely the Jewish Messiah/Antichrist will have to look and behave a certain way else how shall be people be tricked? Surely the Christian Antichrist/Messiah will look similar acceptable. Maybe the Jewish one will have a skullcap and maybe the Christian one will have an American flag clutched in one arm (lol).

The scripture says every eye will see him, so that could mean figuratively (like you see his presence in your heart) or it could mean he's videotaped flying straight into the air like Superman --or maybe he drops down out of the sky on some cool Silver Surfer surfboard. I always loved that comic book.

Or it could be considered that all non-Christians are anti-christs:

...but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. -1 John 4:3

Well, Christians today are mysogynists and doofuses, so what if Jesus really wanted to mess with their heads and he came as a woman? I do belive that Jesus and Sophia are linked spirits and I see no reason why the Sophia aspect couldn't be used. Surely Jesus could come as a woman and this would surely cause him to be raped/stoned and dismembered on the Earth we have today.

I find it funny that while Earth is such a craphole, all these Christians are still eager for him to return. Don't you think he's gonna be more than a little irritated if he does return? But they are so sure they'll be on his good side. I for one, am not so sure of that.

Jesus gave up trying to educate the people.

Tue, or he never really intended to educate them in anything other than spiritual way. But surely if he were to come, he'd be aligned against the powers of the world, which are currently evil. So probably he'd be underground, just like others who have been asked to move the world into the next age. Moving it from Pisces to Aquarius is probably going to require at least as much bloodshed as the moves from Taurus to Aries (Moses/Akhenaten) and the move from Aries to Pisces.

Like the other two men mentioned, today's Jesus would have to use his smarts and his wits, and in the end, he may be percieved as having been defeated, because it would be just perfect to have all the Christians see Jesus dead, then their own faith would fall to the ground.

I think if Jesus were to return, he'd mess with his follower's heads, because they really are all so very stupid. Jesus, I think, is not nearly as stupid as they are, and I think he'd like to shake them up a bit and maybe cause them to question their faith. He'd probably orchestrate some big failure so he could see, after Jesus' dead body is thrown on the trash heap, who still has faith in Jesus.

I think more than half of the Christians on Earth, would become Luciferians and spit on Jesus' corpse, if they were to see him fail and be cut down in some giant magical way. So I believe he'd pull of some kind of scene like that just to weed those arses out. Then he'd probably come back at some future dat, fully glorious and ready to hack the world into some sort of Aquarian paradise --Until the next age, that is.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have to say this. even though i can't be a member due to my lifestyle choice, i do believe the only church that holds the entire truth is the mormon church. when Christ does come back he will show himself to them first. for guideance in the last days do as the mormons do and you will be safe.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I can answer this. Yes. And he will reject the christian church, and everyone wearing a cross around their neck immediately. Those of you claiming to be such christians, he knows you not.

You do things - in his name. You worship his image. You worship his death, and think he did it so that you could go around doing whatever you want. You commit evil deads, you war, you judge others, and you put yourself above other men.

You think god sent Jesus here to die for your sins and just wash them away? Did it not ever occur to you, that if god just wanted to do that, he could do it without his son dieing? He died to show you the path to heaven. He came to show you the path, the way to act.

God had to send his son to come and show people the path. To show people the truth. That is why he is called the truth. So that if you followed his example, you could find the path to the truth/heaven. He did this, even though he knew he would be killed, so that you could see the truth. And for that reason he sacrificed himself for your sins. Just to show you that it was better to die, than to become the evil yourself out of fear. To show you, that even though he could fight back, it was better not too.

To follow Jesus and to "know" him, is to know the truth. To follow in his footsteps. Not to go around starting wars and doing everything against his philosophy in his name. You know him not. People who only know the name, the image and symbolism are constantly mislead into doing the exact opposite of the path Jesus laid out. Where exactly do you think that path leads?

But of course, it's never too late. You just need to start taking truth as authority, rather than authority as truth. Start to seek the truth, rather than just accepting what authority tells you. Understand why he was right in what he said, understand the philosophy. And then you will get it. Then you will know the truth/Jesus.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Look yall ..ANTI means Against or In Place of (either or) ...

And this
[The scripture says every eye will see him]
This event does not take place until AFTER its all over with ..
at the end of the world wide Gov rule ..at the end of the wrath of God ..at the end of the one world money system ..at the end of the AntiChrist showing himself to be as God etc ..at the end of the Wrath of God ...at the end of it all ...........thats when every eye shall see him comeing in the clouds with all his HOLY ANGELS with him ....then every eye shall see him at that time ... ...

The AntiChrist is going to PRETEND TO BE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST>(he sure fooled many into believing that it all took place in 70 AD already hasnt he >?) Imagine how much more fooling he will do to get more to believe he is Christ ..when he is NOT >>>
He will have all the answers to the worldly problems (One money system..one World Gov...wars etc ) ....he will come doing fake miracles etc etc ....
He will not ask you to bow down before him until AFTER he gets all your trust and fools many and especially the Jewish people after they get their temple built etc ...
It is then that many will see they have been fooled into believing he is the Christ who was to come ....which he is not ...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Matrix I think you need to do more studying into prophecy ..
Sounds like your going to fall for the new age Christ and be decieved along with millions of others ...due to misinterpretation of the word of God ..

Did the mark of the beast happen in 70 AD ? Did the Wrath of God happen in 70 AD .....Did the second coming of Christ come in 70 AD ? has satan been chained for a thousand years since 70 AD ? Did we have a millinial reign of Christ since 70 AD ? Did the battle of Armegeddon happen in 70 AD ?Did world GOv happen in 70 AD ? I could go on ..but I think you are getting the gist of it .

I think not ...

When Jesus showed up insinuating he was the Messiah, the educated Jews were expecting the eschatological prophecies to literally unfold as written. Yet, there was no Messiah coming down from the clouds. The heavens didn't dissolve. Elijah didn't return in his flaming chariot. The dead didn't come out of their graves. The evildoers weren't burnt to a stubble... Rather than admit these prophecies were idioms or hebrew/aramaic vernacular exaggerations, Christians still hold to the belief these eschatological events will take place at Christ's return. So the mark on the hand or forehead is mistakenly interpreted to be literal, instead of the figurative. Remember, Jesus said that when he returns he will speak plainly, no more figures of speech. (John 16:25)

Check out the idiom problems of Bible translations throughout history...
www.metamind.net...

I imagine Jesus was originally rejected because he came as a "new age Messiah" that didn't match their exectations. And why did Jesus speak in parables? That's a sermon in itself.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
I have to say this. even though i can't be a member due to my lifestyle choice, i do believe the only church that holds the entire truth is the mormon church. when Christ does come back he will show himself to them first. for guideance in the last days do as the mormons do and you will be safe.

But will Mormons respond favorably or would they get upset if he wasn't a Mormon? Same for all the other religions. Ego, nationalism, denominationalism... I think he would transcend all the bs. The key is how Cain and Abel behaved. As Jesus said throughout Revelation, the key is to overcome those Cain feelings of being outdone by the "competition."

To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. -Rev. 2:17

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Matrix ..they missed his first coming because they didnt see the scriptures about his first coming ...they got confused ..just like alot of people are these days about the Rapture and his Second coming ...TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS
There was TWO comings of Christ ..the first time as a sacrificial lamb ..the second as the conquering King ........

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111

Originally posted by Fathom

But will Mormons respond favorably or would they get upset if he wasn't a Mormon? Same for all the other religions. Ego, nationalism, denominationalism... I think he would transcend all the bs. The key is how Cain and Abel behaved. As Jesus said throughout Revelation, the key is to overcome those Cain feelings of being outdone by the "competition."

To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. -Rev. 2:17

If you think it has to do with a church, then you aren't paying attention. The entire premise that it's only about a single church being right, or a single point of view is absurd. It's ridiculous, and it only comes from the blind people who focus on image.

As the OP said, it has nothing to do with people who do things in his name. Like all the churches. It matters not, it means nothing.

It's about understanding what he said. It's about the philosophy and the way he told people to act. It's not about accepting he is right "because he is the son of god", it's about understand and knowing WHY he was right.

Read John 14.

www.biblegateway.com...

If you aren't enlightened, then you don't know Jesus. When the 20 part below happens to you, then you get what is called Christ consciousness.

19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

You don't have to be a "christian". You don't even need religion to understand and know. The christian church is the religion ABOUT Jesus. It does things in his name. The true following belongs to the religion(philosophy) OF Jesus. Those who follow the path and teachings.

The simple fact some of you are even talking about the different churches only goes to show how badly you are blind.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Matrix ..they missed his first coming because they didnt see the scriptures about his first coming ...they got confused ..just like alot of people are these days about the Rapture and his Second coming ...TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS
There was TWO comings of Christ ..the first time as a sacrificial lamb ..the second as the conquering King ........

Jesus is the light and the truth. What it is talking about is that the truth will conquer all if anything.

Would you mind showing the verses you are getting this from, so that we may look at the entire chapter and put it into context? I'm betting you needed to take 1 verse here, and 1 verse there in order to make that claim. Which is manipulation. If it were meant as such, you wouldn't need to change the order around and piece the things together. Everytime I see what you've said mentioned, it comes from pieced together verses.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Also, just to back up what I've said, I recommend reading the entire chapter of Matt 7 the OP linked.

Here is the part that is talking about the things I mention. Notice it makes the difference of those who follow and those who do things in his name.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The rapture isn't literal. It's an idiom blown out of proportion.

The first coming had two possibilities: a one world government under God or a crucified Messiah. (Isaiah 9 vs. Isaiah 53) That's because man has free will. History could have gone either way. The suffering course could have been avoided if all the prepared people had done what they were supposed to do. Like was with the second coming of Christ.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Badmedia what verses would you like ?
About the Rapture (These verses I know are limited) or his first and second comings ?
There are so many about his first and second coming that it would take me all day to post them all ..

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Badmedia what verses would you like ?
About the Rapture (These verses I know are limited) or his first and second comings ?
There are so many about his first and second coming that it would take me all day to post them all ..

The Apostle Paul said it was literal, he was the first to teach Rapture Theology.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join