It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
ive never seen a person dodge so many questions. more than mccain and obama combined

I'll give you an amen (and a star).

This would have been even more entertaining if it weren't for Palin's whiny high pitched voice.

link   
Sarah is SHALLOW. She is answering questions that weren't asked because she can't answer those that were.
Biden looks so much better than Sarah.

link   
Ok, aside from her choice of words, her hair, her "twitchiness", her accent, and her smirk.....

Did she pass or fail? On substance, did she meet or exceed expectations? Did she fall flat on her face or hold her own?

IMO....she held her own and exceeded expectations (nothing like the Couric interview). She didn't "own" Biden or make him bleed, but she didn't crash and burn, either.

Biden did well, too. No gaffes, not arrogant or obnoxious. I thought he did very well.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think she is genuine. I think she is very patriotic and a good person. I think if we weren't in a war it would be different. Hillary would have done better, but I never liked her.

link   

Originally posted by antmax21
So everyone...have we figured that ATS is a liberal board or is it a rather conservative board?

I'd probably go with the former because of all of the creativity that is amongst us.

I tend to lean towards the conservative side, but I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin.

link   
I like the Get Up America comment simple yet profound.

link   
Secret stash. Bidens wife and kid were killed in a horrendous car accident, have a 'little' heart, please.

Originally posted by secretstash
OH, busting out the single dad line, that will get women

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What a brute.....beating up a woman like that...in public no less......

I hope everyone is as disgusted with him as I am.....

link   
I think this just about sums up Palin:

*pauses*

Wait.... nevermind, I just realized that's the Obama girl in that video (she should be the dunwichwitch girl... vote for me, baby...rowr haha)

Tricky tricky!!!

They're all crooks and I don't support a darn tooting one of them. Can we say darn tooting, or are we upsetting the family fun?

link   
Well Sara, I'll say this for ya, watching this entire debate I can say one thing and one thing only, and that is my liver hates you for what you have done to it this evening.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sonya610, you kinda have a heart for her...so do I. Oh, Biden's developing some kind of hive's on his right temple.

link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

First member who uses the words "out of the ballpark" is banned!

link   
Fail. Maybe a D. She was too busy using folksy words and making stuff up.

Biden seemed on the ball. Every time Sarah said something like "Obama voted for X so he's evil!" Biden pointed out McCain voted for the exact same thing.

link   
reply to post by Finn1916

amen sista.

AMEN. (star at ya there Finn dude heh)

(dances around a bit to look like its more than a one line post because I HAVE 2)

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Secret stash. Bidens wife and kid were killed in a horrendous car accident, have a 'little' heart, please.

Originally posted by secretstash
OH, busting out the single dad line, that will get women

I think secret stash meant women voters because you always hear about single mom's but not so much about single dads

link   
Excellent showing by both candidates. All things considered, Palin won this debate.

Too bad there won't be any Town Meeting debates.

link   
She did much better than expected - but still bloody badly rehearsed.

Biden ate her alive on foreign policy. I do give her kudos for holding up, but seriously Biden did take the lead easily each time he opened his mouth.

The bridge to nowhere line will be re-played over and over for sure.

She did good, but against Biden she was trashed.

link   
I think Palin did better than I was expecting, because (to me) it seemed that in most of the past interviews she was very much out of her league.
Her performance tonight was either her "true" self finally coming out; or there was some pretty intense grooming and coaching prior to this debate.
As noted though, she did tend to walk around the questions that were asked, and answer those which were NOT asked.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Neither one of them was out of the bal.....

Never mind, don't want SD to ban me.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Excellent showing by both candidates. All things considered, Palin won this debate.

Too bad there won't be any Town Meeting debates.

lol i love partisanship. if palin had run around like a madwoman screaming and cursing, you would of said she won

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join