It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

Originally posted by jpm1602
Secret stash. Bidens wife and kid were killed in a horrendous car accident, have a 'little' heart, please.

Originally posted by secretstash
OH, busting out the single dad line, that will get women

I think secret stash meant women voters because you always hear about single mom's but not so much about single dads

I meant nothing disrespectful towards his wife, but women tend to send more sympathy towards single dads.

link   

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus
Sonya610, you kinda have a heart for her...so do I. Oh, Biden's developing some kind of hive's on his right temple.

Yeah I like her! I really do. Not sure I like all her opinions but she is bright and interesting and that says a lot. Don't think I can vote for her, but truth is I really wanted that Chutulu t-shirt.

link   
reply to post by pteridine

Dude, Biden looks better than Palin? You must be a female. Considering what I and others were expecting of Palin, she's been a suprise.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
OH MY GOD....get that BABY into her ARMS ASAP for the sympathetic dumb doownd people are people by BABYS ON TV ...............

hurray hurray hurray SHOW the people SHE IS A MOM!!!! HURRY NOW HAND HER THE BABY!!!!

Be quick now!

(I have now lost ALL respect for the woman...she is a DEFINATE sell out)

poor kids...................PAWNS in the game.

I saw this coming and it played out exactly as expected........'sigh'

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

link   
Palin did better then expected, but that's because expectations were of her crying and running off stage.

Biden trashed her every step of the way. Every time she said something he had an answer without attacking her. Mostly it was pointing out McCain said/did/voted the same way with Obama.

link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
All things considered, Palin won this debate.

You have GOT to be kidding? Right?

RIGHT?

If not, I'd like to know what channel you had on (and possibly what you were smoking).

link   
Biden uses 100 words when 10 would do. That leads the initiate to think he is well-versed.

Palin was very relaxed and natural.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by jsobecky]

link   
She didn't tank, but I have to give this one to Biden. She came across as a little too 'folksy'. I still don't think she is qualified to be President, which with McCain's age has to be considered. Also, the whole 'Maverick' thing is laughable. With a 90% voting with Bush record, McCain is certainly no maverick.

link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Excellent showing by both candidates. All things considered, Palin won this debate.

Too bad there won't be any Town Meeting debates.

Not for Palin Biden, but Mccain and Obama are doing town hall format next tuesday.

link   

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus
Sonya610, you kinda have a heart for her...so do I. Oh, Biden's developing some kind of hive's on his right temple.
It's probably cancer or plastic surgery scars. that "was" a one liner.

link   
you guys make me laugh. you guys knew Biden had an advantage by a mile. And then you point out petty things to try to prove that Biden won by a mile. But I notice something...She held up. And the confidence has to be admired.

The race is still on.

As for Biden. He did as well as he was expected to. I think he was really well behaved for the most part.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I think the most important things for Palin to do was play Washington outsider and to put distance between the ticket and the Bush administration. She could have done a much better job at both.

Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin tickets both scare me. I'll be writing in Ron Paul.

link   
Comments about what I did watch.

I had to step away for some of it.

Sarah--dear god, windier than Barack!

I did not always agree with Biden but at least he could answer a question head-on.

Sarah tied everything back to energy--i would like to know, perhaps someone here can enlighten me, whether the Alaskan populace was harmed or helped by her "trustbusting" policies?

Also sarah, giving tax credits isn't giving, it's just not taking.

Biden--LOVED you for that "ultimate bridge to nowhere" comment.

BOth of you--you seemed to forget that the ultimate duty of the office that you ascribe to is to protect the American people, not Israel.

link   
I guess I had the bar pretty low for Palin. I think she did a GREAT job! I was really surprised. I thought for sure that she would just tank, but she stood her own. I know she didn't always answer the questions, and she got caught up a few times, but she did very well on the answers she DID give.

The Sarah Palin that the people love made an appearance tonight.

I call the debate a wash. It would be really hard to pick a winner. But I really enjoyed it.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Corbin Dalus

Think with your big head. Palin's a complete zero.

link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Neither one of them was out of the bal.....

Never mind, don't want SD to ban me.

Well I can't really ban anyone.
I'm just sayin.

link   
I am sorry, but I seem to miss something...for those who say she won the debate, when did she ever answer any of the questions instead of going around in circles? I feel she did poorly, but just an opinion from a redneck.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
you guys make me laugh. you guys knew Biden had an advantage by a mile. And then you point out petty things to try to prove that Biden won by a mile. But I notice something...She held up. And the confidence has to be admired.

She may have held up, but that was due to lots of skating around questions...
And I'd have to agree with the others here that Biden really walloped her on foreign policy...

link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
OH MY GOD....get that BAYBY into her ARS ASAP for the sympathetic people effected by BABYS ON TV ...............
:

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

What was pathetic was Biden's lame attempt at faked emotiional response when speaking of his family's tragedy.

link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
(I have now lost ALL respect for the woman...she is a DEFINATE sell out)

Yeah rumor has it she had all those kids for the vote. It was all a plan. Seriously...I cannot believe you said that.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join