It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Biden did what he was expected to do. Be smart, reply, and not attack.

Again, every time she said "Obama did X so don't vote for him!" Biden came back with "Yes, as did McCain. And McCain did the same thing for the past 25 years."

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH, we may disagree a lot, but I have always admired your honesty.

Wish more people would be willing to give credit where credit his due.

Starred.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Palin sure can say a whole heck of a lot, and speak for two full minutes, tossing out hockey mom this and soccer mom that, and we are still left wondering what her answer meant. A lot of double and triple speak with her. Little substance.

I like Joe Biden, and he did as well as I expected.

There at the beginning, she got a question about the subprime lenders and their predatory lending practices, and she said nothing of substance addressing that issue.

Transcript of debate, CNN:

edition.cnn.com...

Overall, Joe takes the cake here.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Everyone wants to talk about who won.
Who cares!
We're the ones that keep losing.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by md11forever

wow. every pundit and every obama supporter said he would clobber her. Why so surprise that he did?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One more point I'd like to make - Ifill did an excellent job. All my doubts to the contrary have been proved to be unfounded.

Good job. Gwen.

link   
It was fairly obvious who was more comfortable in their surroundings...

Biden...

Palin appeared very nervous, as she should be...

Biden did what he does best, spin and deflect, hallmark of those entrenched in DC politics..

Palin appeared to do her best to show her point of view, and support McCain...

The question is who represents change from the stauts quo...

?????

Context, who is a change, who is the same?

link   
I think this debate was better than expected from BOTH sides.

No gaff's on any side, Gov. Plain started kind of weak early but got really strong as the debate went on. For conservatives that were watching this debate in fear this is surely a reassurance that she can held her own.

I dont think though that this debate is going to be a game changer on independents or undecided just because when we wake up tomorrow this would be old news and we go back to the economic crisis and thats why this people are worried about.

Overall, great debate I liked it more than even the first presidential debate.

link   
Fake reaction to the DEATH of his daughter? Yeah, I'm sure he had her killed because he knew decades later he'd be in a debate like this...

Anyways, how did Palin win? The expectation was really low, but does beating expectations mean you win? The Broncos are expected to lose by 50 points, and only lose by 20, does that mean they won? NO!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

you hit it right on the nail dog.

We are in for a long 4 years no matter who gets in.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I guess I had the bar pretty low for Palin. I think she did a GREAT job!

Your honesty and balanced opinions are appreciated. Starred and flagged from me too.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by md11forever

wow. every pundit and every obama supporter said he would clobber her. Why so surprise that he did?

I wasn't surprised he did. I was more surprised at how well Palin did under the circumstances...even though IMHO it wasn't enough.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I got what I expected from Biden. He faired well, talked his points, sometimes laughed when exposed, and had a good rebuttal when Palin was ill-informed. As for Palin, she exceeded expectations. Was nervous, stumbled her words some times, Biden did that as well, but overall she didn't fail at all....Ugh I'm afraid it was a draw

[edit on 2-10-2008 by antmax21]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I got to agree with you bunch.

On to the next debate.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I liked the way that Palin singled out the MSM right then and there towards the end.

Biden acted like any typical politician scumbag, I lost any respect for him when it came to the global warming issue. He just spewed out the same crap as before like the rest of the liberal politicians. Forgive me for stating my opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Give Sarah credit for not calling Biden out on his nickname of Senator of the MBNA.

I think the polls will show another Palin bounce in the next few days.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What was pathetic was Biden's lame attempt at faked emotiional response when speaking of his family's tragedy.

OK, that's just cruel and wrong on sooooo many levels! The man lost his wife and daughter in a horrific car crash, and both of his sons were in critical condition. If that happened to you, I doubt you would ever be able to talk about it without an "emotiional response", if not crying like a freakin' baby! Gimme a break! Do you have ice water in your veins???

link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
(I have now lost ALL respect for the woman...she is a DEFINATE sell out)
poor kids...................PAWNS in the game.

Yeah rumor has it she had all those kids for the vote. It was all a plan. Seriously...I cannot believe you said that.

Let me explain CLEARLY what I was implying.
They HELD her smallest child at the ready....for her to hold and cuddle ASAP so that cameras would see this....
Her baby is old enough to not need continual contact with the mother....

I am a mother and know straight up if I was about to be in a huge debate my child would be well fed and ready to sleep without my holding her/him......NOT standing near the stage at the ready to be held for camera purposes only.
The baby should just have been in bed...sleeping for the night...........un touched by all the momma drama NOT part of it.......

For the television audience ONLY...they had this baby on 'stand by' to hand off the the mother ASAP as she comes off the stage for pure MANIPULATION of public opinion about how MUCH this woman really CARES........

And thats a FACT...................for they DID IT.........and it was un-nesseasry.

we ALL KNOW it was not nessesary..........and all for SHOW.

I never mentioned one bit about the woman HAVING OTHER kids or being a mom myself........I am talking about her USE of her newest baby to MAKE HER LOOK CARING.....
its a ploy set up and played out on camera for all to see.

I think it is TACKY.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

link   
Edited. Weird coincidence. Probably the NWO.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The thing I think was most disappointing to me was Biden saying that man was the only cause of "global warming". Palin at least acknowledged the fact that the earth has natural cycles of heating and cooling, and that man may contibute to it but was not the only cause.

I suppose it ultimately doesn't matter as we're all screwed no matter which package wins on Noveber 4th.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join