Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, the VP debate is tommorow night. I started this thread so we can discuss the debate before, during and after the debate. Who do you think is going to win/is winning/won the debate, and does it really matter, as they are in the second seat and not the primary candidates.

In my opinion, if Biden keeps his cool and does not come off as a anti-feminist, he should easily win this debate. As to whether is matters, I think that alot of people do care about whether or not Palin is qualified to be President, due to McCain's age.

Your thoughts???

[edit on 1-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is going to be gold

Taking bets on how republicans are going to spin absolutely any possible outcome as Biden being sexist and womanizing no matter what he says

I hope he realizes it and just takes her to town without remorse.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ummm...

The VP debate is tomorrow.....10-2-2008, Thursday.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Noted and edited. Thanks, for some reason I though it was Thursday. D'oh!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
As long as biden isn't condencending or has any gaffs, I think Palin is going down.

But, she did say this morning that she is being coached quite a bit, so she may not do as bad as we think.

But I hope she finally has a better answer to her international experience other then Alaska is next to Russia.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well she is not going to be able to do any worse.

I bet we will have a lot of Ya knows and whathaveyahs. I am also betting on the word Doodah.

When she is stumped, she is going to say "Gosh".

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It depends on if Biden wants to embarrass her....

He does have a record of being a nice guy.

Overall, the 36-year Senate veteran is a polished debater who has learned a lot since his 1972 debut against Republican incumbent Sen. Cale Boggs.
Even in those days, though, he figured he might know too much for his own good. When Boggs was asked about a genocide treaty important to the Jewish audience at the debate, he answered that he wasn't familiar with it and would have to check on the details. "I knew the treaty, and I knew the answer cold," Biden says now. "But I knew enough in 1972 to know that nobody in the audience wanted to see Boggs embarrassed _ it would have been like clubbing the family's favorite uncle. So I said, 'I'm not sure. I promise I'll get back to you as well.'"

This is what I do not understand in these debates, they are all too nice to each other instead of winning the debate.

Obama could have started with "Thanks for showing up Senator McCain" but we know by now that its all fixed anyway.

[url=http://wtop.com/?nid=213&pid=0&sid=1487516&page=2[/url]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
As long as biden isn't condencending or has any gaffs, I think Palin is going down.

I will bet heavily that Palin uses the "Don't patronize me!" line -- same as Geraldine Ferraro in the 1984 debates against George Bush Sr.

www.pbs.org...

I plan to watch for it.

What will be ironic, McCain was incredibly patronizing to Obama during the last debate. But it will be Palin who will call Biden on it -- probably without any merit.

I guess we will have to see, but that is my firm prediction.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
All Biden has to do is appear non-confrontational and very competent.

If she performs as she has in her interviews, the McCain/Palin campaign is toast.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It will be a polite bloodbath. Death by a thousand cuts for Palen.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
May be make or break for Palin but if they would only allow her to just be herself, she can really connect with Joe six pack.
This alone can be devastating to the Libs.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The format of the debate wont allow it to become a slugfest which is a good thing.

Like many have said if Biden a gaff's free, he shouldn't have a problem. In addition, he would be a FOOL if he tries to point to Gov. Palin inexperience to say she is not qualified because Sen. Obama is equally inexperienced.

He would also be a fool to try to mention Gov. Palin's gaff's becasue he has an encyclopedia of those.

Biden should stick to the script, non-confrontational and let Gov. Palin to implode on her own if it comes to pass which I doubt, she has been practicing for this for quite a while, but in any case I would keep my remote close just in case I have to hit the mute button or change the channel altogether I'm very susceptible to empathetic embarrasment.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I think Bill Maher said it best, "Sarah the Pit Bull, meet Joey the Shark!"

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a thread a day before is invalid, thus only seeking ats points. for shame!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Actually, I thought it was Thursday when I started it. Had a severe blond moment! And I don't really care about the points. Don't really have any use for them, and it's certainly not why I'm here.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Biden really doesnt have to do very much in these debates. The mod will ask questions and all he has to do is answer without attacking Palin directly. If anyone has watched the Palin interviews, you will know that, she will without a doubt be stumped on many occasions. She will resort to very vague answers and skirt questions. Her response in the Couric interview on which magazines she has read was priceless. SNL is struggling to write anything that is funnier than what Palin is actually saying in these interviews. This is one instance where the parody is less funny than what it is parodying.

Biden has been known to say some foolish things but they are more attuned to him making an inappropriate comment as opposed to not having the education or knowledge to provide a well thought out response. He has a tendency to make a stupid/inappropriate comment if given too much time to talk about it.

Time limits for questions will save him. Palin has had a really tough time giving a staged/structured/edited interview, I just dont know what to expect in a live venue.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Biden really doesnt have to do very much in these debates. The mod will ask questions and all he has to do is answer without attacking Palin directly. If anyone has watched the Palin interviews, you will know that, she will without a doubt be stumped on many occasions. She will resort to very vague answers and skirt questions. Her response in the Couric interview on which magazines she has read was priceless. SNL is struggling to write anything that is funnier than what Palin is actually saying in these interviews. This is one instance where the parody is less funny than what it is parodying.

Biden has been known to say some foolish things but they are more attuned to him making an inappropriate comment as opposed to not having the education or knowledge to provide a well thought out response. He has a tendency to make a stupid/inappropriate comment if given too much time to talk about it.

Time limits for questions will save him. Palin has had a really tough time giving a staged/structured/edited interview, I just dont know what to expect in a live venue.

And if you've read news stories about Sarah Palin you would know that she did quite well in the Alaska debates against her opponents. She's not stupid and I have a STRONG suspicion that these interviews she's been doing have been just a show on her part to make herself look dumbed down so Biden will come into the debate overconfident.

You know what happens to a football team that comes into a game overconfident that they'll win.

Personally I think she'll start off with short, neat answers to the questions and then get more in depth and hold her own as Biden realizes that she isn't fumbling the ball and he will become more flustered. Then she'll lay waste to him, casually needling him, hoping to get him to make some stupid remark like he has a history of doing.

If that happens, there will be a second Palin confidence revival.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
She's not stupid and I have a STRONG suspicion that these interviews she's been doing have been just a show on her part to make herself look dumbed down so Biden will come into the debate overconfident.

I guess she has us all right where she wants us then eh

Just like Bush is going to solve the nation's market collapse the day before he steps down! He's saving it to show us all he's been paying attention the entire time!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Just a warning to you all, being a strong Obama supporter myself, I leave caution to the debate tomorrow.... Palin may be a joke but the Biden can come off as being a bully, and in addition Palin did pritty good against an experienced Democrat during the Alaskan governor elections debate...

All Palin has to do tomorrow is hold her own ground and that will be the debate lost to Biden, because this should be his strength and he should do better, much better.... The McCain camp can lower their expectations for Palin because there are those that will vote for them regardless but with Biden... theres just -no excuse... this should be his field... he has come out of that in his hands.... All Palin has to do is hold her ground and thats enough for McCain to recover completely and maybe get ahead slightly..

Biden cannot mess up, theres no excuse.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
VP debates are irrelevant IMO, the only reason I will be watching is for amusement purposes, see how long it takes to either Biden or Palin to embarrass themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join