It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange inscription near entrance to Great pyramid resembles Roswell glyphs? You decide...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The glyphs look raised to me - is that right? If they are then that makes it at the time of building or of pilfering the cover stones - but it helps rule out later graffiti.
Do we know if it's raised?

ps I don't think it's wise to completely rule out roswell - there is so much disinformation - best to keep an open mind and at least look at everything without automatic dismissal.

but obviously everyone on this site does that - or we wouldn't even be here.

great find! star

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The similarity does seem strange, but didn't the "official" story have something to do with some kind of inscribed wrapping tape or some such as being the source of the Roswell glyphs? I cold be wrong but seem to remember they had an "explanation" for the glyphs.

Have the materials ever been tested?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dobsonion2

Hmm - it's hard to know what's fake and what's real and whether to believe when we're told what's fake is fake and what's real is real.

Your link is great - and helps to validate, but he says this is a drawing based on 40 year old memories. That's a lot of symbols to remember after so long. I can see why the OP at least suggested we look at the photo (which may or may not be a hoax).

This is why I love ATS - so many people with so many images and juicy tidbits to add

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

His mother did say thats what they looked like too. Circles and straight lines would be easy to remember in my opinion. But its not what he saw.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

this is really interesting - with or without the Roswell connection

you already mentioned the Wikipedia/Berber connection -

here's a couple more sites:

www.ancientscripts.com...

www.amazighworld.org...

The berber language (Tamazight) is one of the oldest languages of humanity. Nowadays, it is spoken by the people of North Africa , Egyptian oasis of Siwa and the Touaregs in the Sahara (desert). Since the earliest foundation of human societies, the Amazigh people occupied the Northern part of Africa which extends from the red sea to the Canary Isles in the ocean, and from the Niger in the Sahara to the mediteranean sea. Amazigh people’s origin Recent anthropoligical discoveries enable us to account for the Amazigh people’s origin. Relying on the discoveries, it seems that this poeple can be considered as the origin from which ramified all the different white races of the globe. In fact, Eminent anthropologists agreed on the fact that Africa is the cradle of humanity this is notable in the work of the professor Leakey in Kenya and in Tanganika. Mr Eugene Guernier, professor in political studies institute in Paris university, reports in his book “L’apport de l’afrique à la pensée humaine” information he had collected from the professor Leakey himself about the conditions in which he made the discovery that led him to consider Africa the continent of the human kind first apperance: he wrote : “In the Rusinga isle, near the east side of the lack Victoria, not far from the town of Risamu, Professor Leakey discovered the inferior jaw of a hominian of twenty million years old. The human being reconstitued, on this jaw got the name of Proconsul Africanus. This fossile seems to stand for the typical step from a non hominian being to a human. We should underline the fact that Africa is the sole continent where fossiles, corresponding to the different stages of humanity, have been found. Relying on the these data, we can think that the racial diversity happened during centuries of the icy period, During their migration all over the world, some human groups, influenced by climatic conditions, nutrition and activities modes , by the angle of solar rays, were differencied in a black and a white race in the ancestral hemisphere and north Africa. The oldest hieroglyphs seem to date back to four thousand (4000) years before the christian era, while chinese graphics didn't appear until three thousand (3000) years before Jesus christ, and the pictographical writings of America (Mayas and Aztecs) just in the Eighth century before J.C. The Tifinagh appeared, associated to hieroglyphs, in inscriptions of the oldest monuments and Egyptian statutes. The most telling in this respect, is a group of statutes in shist, discovered in Gizeh, in Cairo museum now, presenting the Mycerinus (fourth dynasty) between the goddess Hathor and the personification of the 17 th mome of upper Egypt (photo Oropeza) appeared in "Ancient Egypt history" by Jasques Pirenne.

edit to add quote - from www.amazighworld.org link

[edit on 9/28/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Those symbols are very generic, and since there is no material evidence of what the symbols from Roswell actually looked like, I really don't see how you can begin to draw a connection.

Do you know how many languages use triangle-shaped figures, straight lines (and multiple straight lines), and circles with various lines drawn through them?

For example: In english, the letters V. The lowercase L and, abstractly M and N. The letter O and the number 0 (commonly drawn with a slash through it.

The triangle, circle, and straight lines are the most fundamental geometric figures and are rooted so deeply in the human mind that they manifest themselves constantly and consistently regardless of time or culture.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

You do know the photo of the wreckage is a fake? That has been proven with the outing of the alien autopsy footage. The whole story is then tainted by this, and therefor most probably not true.
Sorry to disappoint some of you.

Actually, you are entirely correct. All of the photo evidence of Roswell's events are fake.

However.

They are REPRO's of the original events. SO, while being fakes, portray actual events with accuracy.
Why fakes?
Because it is IMPOSSIBLE to smuggle ANY photo evidence out of a place such as Area 51 or S-4 and similarly impossible to spread it around on the internet without the MJ computer nerds finding it, deleting it and then deleting you.
So the ultimate get-out clause was to produce genuine fakes. The government was less reluctant to act upon such fakes because they were entirely provable to be fakes and couldn't justify the owners of these reels of film and photo vanishing over what they themselves had proven to be fakes.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

could you translate the inscription for us? Some others have tried but not quite understood it. It seems you have quite a good grasp of this stuff. Thanks in advance for your work on this project.

edit for poor spelling.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Mason mike]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hi, PhotonEffect

We use syllabic as a form of alphabet in our language.
For example my screen name is "Okimas" in my language it
means "little big chief". In syllabic my name comes out as
ᐅᑭᒪᐢ I am plains Cree.

On the Roswell I-Beams some of
the letters look like some syllabic symbols. Here is a chart of the
syllabic symbols.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Since I study rock art, I'll chime in.

That's modern graffiti. The pyramids (for those who shriek about Hawass' involvement) have been the victim of European and American travelers for centuries (as well as Romans, etc, etc...) Before Hawass stepped in, people carved their names on the pyramid just for fun.

Graffiti left by the work crews of the pyramid have been found... but inside and in areas that would not have been seen by the priests or the pharaoh. The old inscriptions are very worn and very shallow.

www.touregypt.net...

You can see how bad it is on these pages (which aren't exclusively the GP but other monuments as well) :
bskinner.net...

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Seeing that the great Pyramid is a feat of mathematical precision, the symbols may also be mathematical as well. If any of you had actually read the source on the site, the circle with the line through might represent (d) for diameter, and the next glyph might be pi as well. My only concern is the crude manner in which it appears to be scribed. In comparison, the 50 ton blocks laid closer together than the width of a credit card, it could be yet another later culture inscribing ownership of a structure they couldn't possibly have built or understand.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've come to believe the Great Pyramids were of the antediluvian people. =/
Not Aliens

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
to the original OP

in the picture with the alien writing it says the word says elephteria.

in greek elephteria means freedome.

how did they come up that thats what it says?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike
reply to post by avingard

could you translate the inscription for us? Some others have tried but not quite understood it. It seems you have quite a good grasp of this stuff. Thanks in advance for your work on this project.

edit for poor spelling.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Mason mike]

I don't at all claim to be a linguist, much less able to translate those symbols. All I'm saying is that they are very generic and, even if they did correspond to the roswell symbols (assuming you could find actual evidence with the symbols on it), you still couldn't say they were from the same beings or language because they are not unique enough.

If I scribble a circle, triangle, and a few lines on a rock, cases could be made that it corresponded to any number of languages. You have absolutely no evidence of the origin of those symbols, much less enough to draw a connection between them and roswell.

Thanks for the sarcasm though, much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I really don't think that is from the Greek Language. More like a much, much older communication system..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

May I ask why the fake alien autopsy footage can prove that particular photo was a fake too?

HK-CONTACT

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Interesting. However...IF Roswell was a hoax, it's not improbable that that they used Egyptian symbols to add more "credibility" the their cause.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

You do know the photo of the wreckage is a fake? That has been proven with the outing of the alien autopsy footage. The whole story is then tainted by this, and therefor most probably not true.
Sorry to disappoint some of you.

Sorry but I had to reply to this, there are so many people that jump on threads like this and straight away they say fake,hoax then miraculously the their thread gains lots of stars, this leads me to believe that maybe there really are people who trawl this site to try and derail and hijack threads in order to stop people from finding the truth. I am the bigest cynic out there but I have never really believed in government cyber agents up until recently.

My question is who the hell said this is not true? the government? ifso then yeah your right if they say its not true then thats the end of it then.......I don't think so, since when can we ever trust them? Has it been proved fake because someone has come on television and said that they made the whole thing up?

One thing I urge everyone to do with every thread and that is MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND don't listen to others who try to sway your own judgement without looking at the facts first.

The facts are that the Egyptian government stopped archeologists from exploring the pyramids without them going through them first themselves.

The truth is the authorities binded the archeologists with red tape and laws and stopped them exploring the air shafts, then again when they found the door and then again when the found the other door. Why? what could the archeologists dig up that would worry the authorities?

Link to egyptian cover up

You only have to look at the coordinates of the pyramids on earth to see the astral connection. Don't take my word for it look for your self.Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval have written many books on the subject.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Nicely researched post. Robert Schoch is indeed one of the world's top experts in this field.

If anyone is interested in attending the above-mentioned conference on the Mysteries of Ancient Civilisations in Dubai (www.ancient-studies.org), I can get you a discount of about USD$ 40 on the two day pass that includes lunches and snacks. Robert Schoch is one of the speakers and so are Robert bauval, Michael Cremo, John Major Jenkins and a few others. I am certain it is going to be amazing!

email me at [email protected] and I'll give you the simple procedure. Payment is collected at the venue on the first day. You need to pre-book it to get the discount though. Many people from all over the US and Europe are flocking to that conference. It is also a good chance/excuse to visit Dubai. Pretty interesting place I must say.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

So what is the method to determine at which date inscriptions were made?

Thanks for taking the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join