It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange inscription near entrance to Great pyramid resembles Roswell glyphs? You decide...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Probably an inverse correlation in this case:

If the beam is a hoax, the creators would have used ancient symbols to add mystique (and possibly gain credit).

In the beam is real, then the GPs are indeed a relic of an ancient and advanced civilization (which we all suspect).

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Gets me thinking more and more about Stargate (Tv Prog)

very interesting

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by PhotonEffect

You do know the photo of the wreckage is a fake? That has been proven with the outing of the alien autopsy footage.

What does the alien autopsy being fake have to do with wreckage from Roswell? I fail to see your connection.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Byrd

So what is the method to determine at which date inscriptions were made?

Thanks for taking the time.

Old inscriptions are heavily worn (look what's called the "Dream Stelae" or "dream pillar" which is located between the paws of the sphynx. That one's clearly authentic and has the pharaoh's name on it who erected it. The lines aren't sharp, and they're in sandstone.

In this picture we're presented with very sharp lines (if you have time, click on the links I gave of modern graffiti) and very thin lines. It's said to be at the entrance of the GP which was originally covered with white limestone (long ago robbed to make buildings elsewhere)... AND it's still fresh and sharp although other inscriptions on temples and tombs around the plateau are not fresh and sharp.

The modern (1800's and onward) graffiti still is sharply etched, however.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Yes, I did have a look at those links.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The enscription 'eleftheria' means freedom in modern greek as well
as ancient.

The glyphs from roswell have always fascinated me. The indus valley
protolanguage has yet to be deciphered, unlike minoan/cretan a/b, also
symbolic. Sumerian cuneiform interestingly started as symbolic, then became more character based over many iterations.

This is telling - it may be the first clue to the culture before sumer that engineered the pyramids around 10,000 bc - which
the sumerians knew about.

Is this the roswell Rosetta stone?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The photo of the person holding the "real" Roswell wreckage comes from the same man who made the fake Alien Autopsy. The wreckage photo has also been proven false, and when it is added to other posts, some people are going to label the find false without even reading it. I believe the OP meant well. but the whole statement can be construed as tainted because of that one small bit of fakery.

edited to change

[edit on 9/29/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Interesting!

The I-beam picture which shows poss. a part of the Roswell object was translated by Ignatius Graffeo and George Barkouris back in 1996

Overview of their email contacts (& others) about that script:

www.ufoseek.org...

as for the Egyptian glyph: never heard of it before .... is there any other footage of pix somewhere???

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thank for sharing your interesting theory PhotonEffect,
strrd and flggd.
I never saw info of those inscriptions there before.
And because you said here “Now I'm not sure what to make of any of this. Maybe there's no connection here at all, maybe one or both are hoaxes....or maybe not.” I try to find something that would shed some light on it all.

I would like to add this to the discussion and it is absolute not meant to be rude or such but only to find the solution because you know my point of view about the Great pyramid.
About the description on the fragment of the Roswell crash debris I found this.
It’s written by Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr. himself, the son of the deceased Maj. Jesse Marcel, Sr. who brings some of the Roswell crash debris to his home in 1947.

Dear Mr. Solomon:

The following is a general description of the fragment that had what appeared to have a form of writing on its surface.

There was a series of geometric patterns embossed on the inner surface of a fragment shaped like an "I" beam strut. There were no recognizable animal figures such as seen in Egyption hieroglyphics but the symbols resembled heiroglyphic type characters.

Most of the debris looked like pieces of an aircraft airframe and its skin. Some of the debris was not metallic but more like pieces of black plastic fragments thicker than the metallic skin.

The color of the symbols was of a violet or purplish metallic hue.
Obviously the above symbols are not an exact duplication, but this is more or less what they looked like as I can recall after more than forty years.

Sincerely, Jess Marcel

PS I showed the above drawing to my mother who was also present and she concurs with the above description.

roswellproof.homestead.com...

His drawing shows me that the symbols he saw are quite different from those near the entrance to the Great pyramid.
So that gives me the strong impression that the inscriptions above the entrance of the Great pyramid are not those of the Roswell crash.

But what those inscriptions near the entrance to the Great pyramid really are then I have no answer so far but I continue my digging.

Thanks again for your interesting thoughts.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The three horizontal bars are an I ching trigram, others remind me of mayan glyphs

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your posts.

Sorry I haven't been around to take part, been busy, but I will be back later with my take on all of this...

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Gets me thinking more and more about Stargate (Tv Prog)

very interesting

Not to change the subject, but one of the coolest threads I've seen recently on ATS is this one:

Stargates are real

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Hollywood11

The symbols are probably real on the pyramid. When the OP brought up the known hoax, the other part has been dragged down by it. Do you see the point that has been made? I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but people need to read the sites they use before posting them.

An excellent point, Kidflash, and one that will doubtless fall on deaf ears.

There exist no pictures of the "alien glyphs" that Mercer described seeing embossed on his "I-beam" wreckage from Roswell.

Therefore, it is absolutely impossible to compare those "glyphs" with this very real carving posted by Robert Schoch.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
There exist no pictures of the "alien glyphs" that Mercer described seeing embossed on his "I-beam" wreckage from Roswell.
Harte

Huh? How about this?

Courtesy: trowbridgeplanetearth

[edit on 1-10-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Harte

Huh? How about this?

Courtesy: trowbridgeplanetearth

[edit on 1-10-2008 by mikesingh]

Mike,

That's a film still from the hoaxed alien autopsy film.

Mercer did provide a sketch of what he could try to remember of what he thinks the glyphs looked similar to.

That's about it.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Mike,

Mercer did provide a sketch of what he could try to remember of what he thinks the glyphs looked similar to.
That's about it.
Harte

I have been able to match the photo that appears in Ray Santilli's ALIEN AUTOPSY FILM with the transcribed image that appeared on the Internet a year before the video's release.

Some have commented that if the Santilli video is a fake, then the photo clip of the I-beam is also bogus. This argument does not necessarily prove the latter is the case.

The Santilli film may have been a clever disinformation campaign to discredit the Roswell scenario. Anyone who has studied conspiracies and disinformation can tell you that the best way to conceal the truth is to mix it with a lie. I have reason to believe that the I-beam photo is genuine and was intentionally placed in the film for whatever reason unknown at this time.

So? This is quite possible, what?

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Mike,

That's about it.
Harte

I have been able to match the photo that appears in Ray Santilli's ALIEN AUTOPSY FILM with the transcribed image that appeared on the Internet a year before the video's release.

Some have commented that if the Santilli video is a fake, then the photo clip of the I-beam is also bogus. This argument does not necessarily prove the latter is the case.

The Santilli film may have been a clever disinformation campaign to discredit the Roswell scenario. Anyone who has studied conspiracies and disinformation can tell you that the best way to conceal the truth is to mix it with a lie. I have reason to believe that the I-beam photo is genuine and was intentionally placed in the film for whatever reason unknown at this time.

So? This is quite possible, what?

Cheers!

Mike,

If the photo was real, why didn't Mercer simply provide it? Why did he go to the trouble of sketching what symbols he claimed he could "remember."

His sketches are part of the mass of Roswell evidence. If you've looked at all into Roswell, you've seen them, I'm sure.

Harte

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
One final bit of evidence for the hoax:

I was at Dragoncon several years ago and Dean Haglund ("Langly", from the X-files) was running a LARP. I got to be in it (one of 30 people who ponied up the cost) and we got badges and some other fun goodies from the game.

Those symbols were on the badges.

Since the game made reference to some X-files stuff and a few popular urban legends, I suspect it may be symbols from the X Files. Haglund isn't into Egyptology, so he hadn't stumbled across some of the material often presented here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join