It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K2 Meter on Ghost Hunters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Several times on Ghost Hunters it appears Jason and Grant get direct answers to questions using k2 meter.
hubpages.com...

It seems they don't try to nail down who/what they are communicating with. In the last episode they got LED indication that it was a women waiting on a train(at abandoned train station in Buffalo).

How about an hour long session trying to establish what the great beyond is like?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I've watched the show and wondered the same thing. In the episode you mentioned Jason and Grant didn't even bother to ask the obvious questions:

1. So, when does the train arrive?

2. You know you've been waiting 68 years, right?

3. What is it like being dead?

4. Then I too will be waiting for a train that never arrives?

I'm skeptical of the K2 meter's ability to mediate two-way commumications with the dead, but if I was as convinced as Jason and Grant seem to be that it works, I might ask more about the quality of life on the other side.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some of those "obvious" questions become not so obvious if you think about it.

You would have to assume that the spirit knows that he/she has passed on (dead).

You also have to think about how in-depth the answers to any given question before asking it. You can't answer "So, when does the train arrive?" with a K2 meter in a simple manner.

Believe me, I would love to have more answers. But, until a more detailed form of communication - not just lights - is developed, I think we are stuck with what we have.

While we are on the subject though - what is everyone's thoughts on the validity of the K2? Not being very familiar with the device, doesn't it just alert you to changes in the EMF?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

The thing about that is its based on Yes and No answers....

So you would have to guess what the great beyond is like, then get a yes or no response letting you know that your hunch was correct....

I really don't think that would work too well.

Plus they are aware that demonic entities can sometimes be present, thus, making a seemingly innocent conversation, turn in to a pack of lies and deceit.

I love watching the ghost hunters, they come up with fantastic proof!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
I love watching the ghost hunters, they come up with fantastic proof!

Fantastic proof of what, exactly? Ghosts? We don't even know what a "ghost" is, so how can anybody come up with any proof of such a thing?

The best they seem to be able to do is get the K2 meter to kind of flash at certain intervals for some unknown reason. If you watch, you'll see them getting into a kind of rhythm when they do it, too, so that it will appear to be responding to them. Ask a question, wait for a response. If you don't get one, ask another question more quickly so that if there's a lag, it will look like you're getting a response to that question.

And it's not like "knock once for yes, twice for no." It's "make a flash for yes, but don't do anything for no." That's a really bad way to do it, because you can't tell a negative response from just nothing, happening randomly.

I think Ghost Hunters is entertaining, but it has nothing to do with science or finding proof of anything.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You are getting on my nerves man!

Are you actively seeking out threads to post negative closed minded crap?!!!

Its quite obvious you don't watch the show....

Thumbs way down....

Get over yourself!

Wow

[edit on 2-10-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
You are getting on my nerves man!

Are you actively seeking out threads to post negative closed minded crap?!!!

Its quite obvious you don't watch the show....

Not true. I watch the show all the time. I find it very entertaining. But I recognize it for what it is, not for what I would like it to be. I see what they do with the editing to make it dramatic. I note the implications they make without good proof or demonstrated causation (such as that entities "draw energy from their surroundings" ???).

As for me seeking out threads to post negative closed minded crap, well, sure. Somebody's got to.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
what if they used 2 K2 meters and said make the left one flash for yes and the right one flash for no and make sure there like 4 or 5 feet away from each other so isnt in same area?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

what if they used 2 K2 meters and said make the left one flash for yes and the right one flash for no and make sure there like 4 or 5 feet away from each other so isnt in same area?

That is a very good idea but yeah I'm very skeptical about the K-2 meter!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In other news....

"K2 Meter Company Reports Record Profits in Third Quarter"

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I own the K2 meter and I'll tell you what it is, a reliable EMF meter. Nothing more. You can use any EMF meter to ask a yes or no question and depending on whether or not it is an intelligent haunting you will get the response you ask for. So yeh that's my take on the K2.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would also like to add that we don't get to see the whole investigation they have to cut down generally 6 to 8 hours of material from on average at least 10 different sources, cameras and audio, and fit into an average of maybe 15 minutes air time per investigation.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

how can you ask things like that when its yes and no quistions

new topics

top topics

join