It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone define what God is?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What is God....
As someone who has been stripped of his life, a wife and family, any relatives (When I say NO family, I mean it)- Watching anything I do to produce money or make even a slight success of myself go down in flames in a spectacular explosion.. All the while praying to this SOB called God- i have come to some conclusions:

God is NOT love. What I have experienced all my life- unending abuse, constant lies, and treatment just above that of a rabid animal- God is sitting there laughing at my demise... OTHERWISE, he'd have fixed something by now.

Finding a wife. I have well more than once tried to find someone who is loving, kind, good, nice, ect- and ALL I find is shallow golddigging (CENSORED) who are convinced I am the second coming of Quasimodo. Every. Last. Preacher. I know has told me how I will find the right person. Ha. And Ha. Again. It's been 20 years. Once again, I hear a snicker from the heavens...

The Rich. Let's see- the rich are now in a position to have all of us turned into slaves- while the poor suffer like never before. Where is God? Why hasn't God done something to smite these people? It's Easy. God loves the rich man a lot more than the poor one. What I dont get is the poor ones are SO convinced this deity will do what was promised- and year after year, all they get is enticed to pray and worship with no in sight to their suffering. Sad.

Christians. UGH. The over privileged Nazi SS of religion. Every last one I have known has abused me, used me, lied to me, cheated me, hurt me, laughed in my face, and make it WELL known it's God's WILL. I left out humiliated, embarrassed, and turned what little reputation I have into a laughingstock.

Free Will. Uh huh. If I was a member of the Free Will Club, I'd be using my talents I have and living quite good right now. Instead, I am right at the poverty level, and while I still make use of my talents, it's all for FREE. Yup. F R E E. No one dares pay me for what I can do.

Satan. Let's see- God creates angel. Angel rebels. God, instead of imprisoning him right there or destroying him- lets said angel roam the earth! And then, when people are influenced by a SUPERNATURAL BEING, God punishes them, or leaves them to fight it on their own. My take/ Satan was created so God COULD lie and level his tantrums over humanity and then have a good excuse. "It was HIS fault!" As he points and runs for the hills. Hell? It's created for the poor, kids. If it was TRULY for 'the devil and his angels' Wouldn't they BE in it???? If I build a fence for a dog, I am not going to let the dog still roam free until it isn't funny any more!

One of my faves " I am not a man that I should lie" Satan's not a man. HE lies. And BTW- Thanks for the insult, JERK.

So... What is God? I am sure it's a spoiled child playing with his toys (us and the universe) who does like any other child and takes his cruddy action figures and drills them with a BB gun. Metaphorically speaking. God is just playing vicious games. And the ones he doesn't want are fodder for his version of the magnifying glass and the BB gun.

Am I upset? Survey says..... YES.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
God is the universe, Jesus the sun. I don't see why that's so difficult to understand or accept. What's the problem there?

Oh right, the nonsensical aspect of praying to an uncaring universe that cares not whether you live or die, right?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

You sound like Mark Twain...... ever read "The Mysterious Stranger"? Or...... I think you might be...... Job. Is that you, Job? What we have here is a serious belief in the "system". You do know that Planet Weasel is not the KOG..... don't you???? Just exactly what did you get out of the Jesus story???? According to your vision of the "system" Jesus should be President and Bush should be crucified. Not the way things are.... If the world treated God.... yes GOD!!!!... savagely..... how much more easy is it to mistreat God's Children since we probably deserve what we get. Oh.... don't tell me..... you are sinless. You know you are not. I am not.... neither are you. The "churches" that you probably correctly characterize as "evil" are what I call "filters". You made it......!!!!!!!! You saw through them.... most do not. Jesus got nothing for all His efforts..... neither did the Apostles..... they all stored up their treasures in Heaven. This life really is the "Matrix". It's just a place of testing and refinement. Your crises of faith will pass. I suspect from what you wrote that you are a COG which is why you are tested as severely as you have been & will continue to be tested for as long as your days are numbered. Now the creation of Satan with God being the Big 3 O's(omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent) is subject to much debate. Here is a simple angle.... it's the Matrix.... the entire show is for the COG.... predestined to be tested and refined. Don't give up. It sounds like you still got it goin' on. God is love and yes.... perfect. The test is perfect.... so perfect that God lived this life/test as one of us. The greatest in Heaven will be the one who serves best..... God-With-Us... Jesus. How we live our lives will determine our "eternity"..... there will be no whining about what our roles will be in the new creation... Don't lose rewards. Life's just a "test"..... kinda' fun once you "wake up". Enjoy the show.... it was made for the COG.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
God is just playing vicious games.

I hope you don't mind my condensing your post to this point. But I think this illustrates the overall intent. And truly, I can understand why you feel the way you do. I've illustrated a little bit of my own struggle here as well. But I have to respectfully disagree with your blaming god for the ills of your life.

The truth as I see it is, god created (is) the game. The game never changes. Only by whose rules we play. We were given a set of rules by a variety of teachers over the course of human history. We choose not to play that way. We play to 'win' when the game is clearly designed to have no winner. That's our fault. I don't think it's fair to blame the designer for the fact that we choose to play poorly. If you'd like to find someone to blame, simply turn to any popular media and you'll find the bleached smiles of the rule-setters everywhere. Or, most often, we can simply look in the mirror.

I find it ironic to disparage religion yet follow religious indoctrination by continuing to look beyond yourself for salvation or damnation. Just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I believe that although we are labeled in religion. some of us really have our own god. money is the most popular one.

me considering myself to be some weird form of christian.. i say weird form because I am a christian.. but I am completely open minded! its almost an oxy moron.. but i say christian because i go to a non denominational chruch. but I really dont sit through the sermon, instead i am teaching special needs children about god. its like a little group.

getting back on track here...
i would describe god as pure and genuine love. as it is our rarest occurance in todays world.
terrible answer i know. but thats my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My definition of God isn't popular with most people, but I would define him as a fictional character used to describe the universe and our existence, just like any other fictional character at the time.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Whether God is fictional or Non fictional it doesn't really matter what we think the Truth still remains.....

It is written in the book of John, in the bible that the Word was God.

In other words God is a "Word" and not anything at all, like a human or any other creature or anything at all imagined by the human primate.

The whole bible is a Roman collection of writings, most of which were stolen from the Greek writings and have been corrupted to suit various religious groups professing to be Christian today....

There are thousands of Christian writings that are Not in the bible today.

Many like The Gospel of Thomas and others that have not been corrupted as much by scribes.

So we have to understand what the "Word" means.

The Word was God!

God.

Came from the Greek writings...

We can translate the Word into Greek, but that does Not give us the answer.

The bible is actually a Parable.

Many of the understandings you can trace back in fact to Philosophy of Plato...

The writing we use today, are also a primitive geometric language in stick drawing form.

So to understand the other side of the coin, we must consider the Geometric form of the Word or Letters as well.

So The G in God becomes a "Gamma" in the Greek Letter form. (Not a translation)

The O in the Greek form becomes Omega.

And The D becomes Delta in the Greek form of the Letter.

So we now have Gamma Omega Delta..

The Ionic Greek came from the Zionic Language.

So from Ionic Greek, to Zioic:-

The "Gamma" in Ionic came from The "Square" in Zionic

Two "Gamma" make a square.. (Image and Opposite Image super imposed on each)

The "Omega" in Ionic Greek came from a Circle with 4 little bars at 45 degrees from each other.

Or one Omega inverted over another Omega....

The Delta in Ionic Greek came from the 6 Pointed Star in Zionic.

Or one Delta inverted over another Delta....

So what we have as the "Word" God is in fact a "6 Pointed Star" in a "circle that has 4 little bars on the outside of the circle" joining to each of the corners of a Square.

Not at all like what people would think today... LOL..

What people believe is God isn't, but what they are describing in ignorance, is "The True Mind" of a machine called God !

God is actually a Geometric based Creation Machine but is Not your usual human machine but is a Living Machine.

The True Mind, is what Created this Machine you call God.

But The Living Machine has Created all that you are aware of and more.

What is more important the human or the Cloths they wear.

The True Mind is more Important than The Machine.

Even a Human Primate is in reality a Biological Robot in the form of a Holograph that is controlled by the Mind.

Yes I know People hate the Sound of this but you can't change The Truth.

The True Mind is Consciousness (Not of the brain), Life force or Light !

As the Life of God or Consciousness of God is The Light of Man that Lights every Man that comes into the World as it is written, "The Life of God is The Light of Man"

Light in the Greek text this comes from is in Greek Phos

In Greek Phos means Sun Light or Light that is emitted from any source at all..

This is what the bible says but it is another story to whether humankind can agree or disagree with this.

The main problem for humankind is that the Zionic Language was lost a few thousand years ago, but it can be back engineered.

The Zionic Language was a huge Non verbal language and the remnant can be found in most languages including the numeral language of Science today.

A very Large portion of the instruction codes of The Zionic Language can still be found in many of the Chinese Languages today.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

One day someone will write in an adult tone that suggests options and alternatives that may be plausable, instead of telling everyone that 'they' are wrong and'you' are right. Your dogma does neither yourself nor your supposition justice, which only supports another 'option' that you too are wrong and misguided by your own need for your own model of reality to be the right one - self-hypnosis if ever there was.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I thought God was first known as YHWH?
Besides, it seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

God and The Lord God are two different entities.

The Lord God is the Master over what is Named God.

But as you know God is Not what people are claiming it to be today.

Most in ignorance, are trying to reveal the Mind of God and Not God.

The Mind of God is much different than God.

As I have said in the past, as an analogy, The cup is Not the Coffee in it, and the Coffee is Not the Cup.

Likewise The Mind of God is Not God although they are all parts of The All that most call God today.

But as you know you have to go back to the Zionic language to understand the "Word" G O D

The Mind of God is The True Mind or Life force which is The Light of Man proclaimed in the Roman collection of Greek and Hebrew writings you call the bible.

Read the small book that is about 1,900 years old called, (on the net)

"The Thunder Perfect Mind".

When you have read it, try with all your efforts, to understand the writing and don't be hasty to judge it or loosely think you understand it.

But let it jell for a couple of months before making comments on it.

Primates are always in too big a hurry and miss the scenery around them being blind and can't recognise what is in their sight.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

But why use 'GOD'?
Doesn't the original text say Elohim?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hello all! Interesting thread, I think that I have an understandble solution to this ongoing mystery here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
I apologize about the missing images in my OP, they will be back up shortly.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Because referring to the bible that most are arguing over it is Written.

Quote Genesis Chapter one. (First Words)

"In the Beginning God created the Heaven and The Earth.........."

And in The Book of John....

"In the beginning was The Word,
and The Word was with God
and God was The Word.

Now we can read it as it is or we can read anything you like into it

But it still says in the original Greek text....

and G O D was The W O R D....

I can only repeat what is written but my Understanding, did not come from any human origin.

Nor was it from the bible which after all is only, a Roman collection of Greek and Hebrew Writings...

They are Not the only writings and they have also been mucked around with for political reasons through the ages

Changes have also come about through Translation.

The Scribe that originally wrote the scripts could only describe what the ideas were reported after many years by word of mouth about what may have been said by another.

So doctrine during this time changed like the wind and some learned men tried to put it all together so it may make some sense to the human primate.

But the "reasoning of Primates" is based on "Double Logic" that at this stage can Not be changed being firmly engrained in his DNA.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Also check out all the Names of these entities in the Zionic Language to get the true understanding !

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Hi 12.21.12,

Excellent You have hit the Jackpot......

Now find out and understand the maths behind Mandelbrot's...

Now discover how Maths was Created....

I mean before the Earth was.

You can do it !!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Well as for the math it is a model of the golden ratio, 1.618, the building blocks of nature.

As for how it was created I might suggest that life is nothing more than a dream and as for right now humanity is dealing with the illusion of time which seems to provide us with a false sense of reality. That and history repeats itself, so in essence that is all God ever was and all that ever will be. From many into one, from one into many.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

And again you have hit the Jackpot...

It is so good to see that some are waking up to this.....

Hope you will continue to add posts, to this thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Feel free to post away, photobucket took my original images down because the thread became so poular on ATS it exceeded 25GB of bandwidth within a matter of days. They will be back up on the 29th though, enjoy! Lots of good stuff in there!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
God is the human minds attempt to rationalize what is can not understand.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
As time ticks by we move further and further away from God. Now we are so far away from God that we need proof.

God has become a sicense project. Based on human thoughts and experianse through time.

Have can ouer minde and skills ever produse facts about God ?

this is a very good point you make.

it is true that the human race has moved very far from god and only a few still hold him high in there hearts.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join