It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Suspends Campaign To Help With Financial Crisis

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I hope everyone is calling, emailing, faxing their Congressmen/women to relay their feelings about the bailout.

www.visi.com... Contact Congress here. Save your pitchforks and pick up your phone. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Obama is not restricted by 26 years of connections to the Washington banking cartel like McCain is. If Obama requested the services of Ron Paul, that would be a true bipartisan move. If McCain did it, it would be political suicide.

Let's be honest. He may not have 26 yrs of connection but for the few years he has been there he has managed to gather a lot of connections. His monthly record breaking campaign donations is all the proof one needs. As for Obama getting Ron Paul as his economic advisor, I don't think they would click. Obama seems the type to try to create programs to take care of people almost 100% and find a way to pay for it with taxes. I don't think Paul would go that way.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm so confused...If McCain is suspending his campaign to rush back to Washington to help with the Economic Crisis - then why is he giving a televised speech at the Clinton Global Initiative that sounds a lot like a campaign speech?

What I want to know is do his staffers in each state get paid during this "suspension"? Are the offices closed? Can another Republican * like Ron Paul * declare an intention to campaign for the GOP ticket? What do the election laws say about this stunt?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Being lazy and not wanting to retype my thoughts from another thread: Justin Oldman's: Clinton? Obama? or Edwards? Who Will It Be? www.abovetopsecret.com...

McCain suspending his campaign and trying to wiggle out of the debate its a shallow attempt to make him look more presidential by stepping back from the campaign and Obama look bad because when it comes to this whole economic mess the Republicans and McCain look horrible, as they should.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I didn't read all post so maybe this has been written, although I doubt it!! I did just so happen to read some post were sheepeople have written how GREAT it is that Mr Macain has done this deed, it shows he cares about the TAX payers. So what will you say when they decide to suspend the entire election, I'm sure you guys will probably think "Man the Government is really on my side". And when they come and knock on you door at 3am in the morning you mostlikly wont mind because obviously theirs been some sort of a mistake, NO PROBLEM RIGHT you've got nothing to hide.

It wont be until they place you in a camp with a half million other tax payers that you finaly realize that a mistake has in fact been made and it wasn't made by the ones that put you in the camp but by you, AKA Mr Gullable.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

When John McCain held an unexpected news conference mid-Wednesday afternoon he addressed the current economic crisis with direness previously unseen. His campaign would be suspended, he told reporters, in order to work on the bailout legislation in Congress. The debate scheduled with Barack Obama on Friday night, he added, could be postponed.

Observers, critics, even fellow Republicans, were left wondering: where did this sense of urgency come from? After all, it was this past Sunday that McCain hinted on 60 Minutes that he would support the bailout -- "we have to stop the bleeding" -- only to express deep criticisms on Monday and then admit he hadn't even read the three-page proposal on Tuesday.

"I have not had a chance to see it in writing," said the Senator. "I have to examine it."

The move permeated with political opportunism: an attempt by McCain to grab the leadership mantle he did not own and divert attention from poll numbers that were plummeting. Indeed, on Wednesday morning a Washington Post-ABC poll had McCain trailing Obama 52 percent to 43 percent among likely voters. The internals were even worse: 54 percent of white voters with economic anxiety favored Obama.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

He doesn't give a rats ass about the taxpayer or this crisis... he's trying to save his campaign.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

And you think Obama does? They are 2 peas in a pod. Remember when Bush was multitasking during 9/11 during that crisis. People weren't too happy. Now that Obama is doing it during this crisis people want to act like it is the way it should be done. Talk about double standard.

If Obama wanted to help the little guy he would personally be in Washington ensuring that just about every inch of this proposed bill is tilted to the taxpayers advantage. Instead he is multitasking which never has the same context.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The proof is in the details... the McCain camp is now talking about postponing the VP debate as well... and given how bad Palin did with Katie Couric who is not exactly known for throwing hard balls... who wants to put money down that, that is the real reason behind this suspension? Or one of them anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Please tell me you did not just cite the huffington post as your proof of what McCain's true intentions are.
Because the Huffington Post is the most fair and balanced site there is.
Huffington Post Liberal SIte

The Huffington Post (often referred to on the Internet as HuffPo) is a liberal[1] news website and aggregated weblog founded by Arianna Huffington and Kenneth Lerer, featuring various news sources and columnists. The site covers a wide range of topics, including sections devoted to politics, entertainment, media, living, business, and the green movement. The Huffington Post was launched on May 9, 2005 as a commentary outlet. Its roster of bloggers includes many people from Arianna Huffington's network of prominent friends.

source

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Looking at all the things going on in my country today makes me wonder! At what point did the Citizen's of Germany Realize, ITS TIME TO GO, its time to get out of here now before its to late. Alot of smart people saw and understood what was coming in Germany and got out. What was that turning point that helped them make such a critical decision?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Your probably on to something. But why put so much emphasis on Palin. I thought Obama people said Biden was going to beat her hands down. Palin and Biden is not going to win this election, it will be Obama and McCain. With or without the debates, people will still vote based on 1) who they like or 2) whose plans they like the best. I would be willing to bet that the majority of Americans already made up their mind who they will vote for. The remainder won't decide till they step in the booth. The debates isn't going to change too many minds because they will be hearing most of the same thing they have already heard.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's just a ploy, kills a few birds with one stone. I was amused by Obama's comment about a president being able to multitask. Perhaps somewhat mean-spirited, it was true just the same. I can't imagine there is ANYTHING that a campaigning senator can't do while on the campaign trail, that he could do in house. McCain isn't going to solve or help anything by being in town, they both know that.

This campaign is quickly becoming a circus.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
20 pages i have alot of reading to do

but in my opinion

mccain wants to suspend his election, and its soooo serious that he needs to tend to other things...

then fine

end your campaign

leave the presidential race

find a suitable replacement

theres SEVERAL people in the United States of America that are qualified for that job 100 fold over mccain and hes going to die soon anyways at his age and health

you dont want to do whats involved in the presidential race

then leave it

"cant stand the heat get your ass out of the kitchen"

not exactly a obama supporter but like he said

one of thems going to be president in the next couple months

they have to learn to multitask

this right here is a test of skill

depending on how these candidates handle this crisis will determine the outcome of this election

if mccain tucks tail and avoids this debate

he might as well give up because the national impression will be that he cant handle it and hes not the man for the job

just look at what happened on letterman and everything thats been said about mccain just since last night

if he doesnt debate hes basically handing obama the win

too bad we dont have another party runner with a actual chance

right now if ron paul was still in the running he could step up big with a obama-paul debate

maybe we can all petition paul to change his mind and run and get in the debate

like the place said they spent millions on this debate i bet they wouldnt mind having paul sub in for mccain

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Oh god forbid someone should cite a liberal website... like all conservative ones are fair and balanced... ROTFLMAO

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I agree with the muulti-tasking. He probably still could debate. However I think they should both be as directly involved in this process, if not more involved, then Bush or anyone else. This policy or bailout that is going to get passed is going to directly affect the next president of the US. It isnt going to effect Bush. He will be long gone before the true implications (positive or negative) begin to surface. And the next president is going to be responsible for handling whatever those implications are. That is why they all need to be there. This is a serious crisis. People are more willing to listen to a person who is physically present then to listen to someone over the phone.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by tide88

Oh god forbid someone should cite a liberal website... like all conservative ones are fair and balanced... ROTFLMAO

I am not saying they are. But to list the huffingtonpost and state it as fact is quite hilarious.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Since huffington post like many others merely post articles and news stories from other sources please tell me how they are so bad?

Their blogs and commentaries are their own opinions and I don't need anyone else to tell me what to think... not Arriana Huffington or mush loosebowels.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
sorry one last serious question

hopefully someone will have some insight

magicians use sleight of hand/distraction techniques to fool the audience

they have something big and flashy going on in the left hand yet the right hand is where everythings really happening

right now we're hearing about the financial crisis, the wars, pakistan, all that the u.s. is involved in right now

well thats what we're seeing from the left hand

what scares me is whats going on with the right hand??

you have something big like 9/11 go do to cause all thats been caused

whats the event they are prepping for causing all of this

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
whats the event they are prepping for causing all of this

Suspending the November elections.

That's my guess.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join