It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Suspends Campaign To Help With Financial Crisis

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Oh my God! I can't believe I just heard it on FOX radio news of all places: they reported the lie that McCain told David Letterman about how he couldn't make the show because he was high tailing it over to the airport to fly to Washington to take care of work for the American people and bla bla bla...so during the show David Letterman finds out that McCain is over at CBS evening news studio in an interview with Katey Courey...they even had the audio of dave: "Hey McCain, do you need a ride to the airport?". Wow...I can't believe that made it on Fox!

Rupert must be drunk and passed out!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Spoodily

If he was really a man of character he would have been there as soon as he heard of the crisis.

Hmmm....
If he was really a man of character he would have nailed this at the first signs of something going wrong. To little, to late once the monster pops its head out at you.

Of course, the whole thing is a joke anyway...this didnt catch anyone by surprise and someone is making a profit from everyone elses loss.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

No, I don't take any side. Not one of those 19%. But I am in the percentage that believe that all of these asses are responsible. I am also on record as saying I don't favor any bailout. But being an election year there will be. Based on that I have also said it should tilt to the taxpayers advantage. I also believe that all of our Congress should be in Washington butting heads to ensure the taxpayers aren't fleeced by the system. As far as the debates, I personally don't see them as that important. It is all rehearsed and basically there giving us a summary of what we have already heard. Now I am sure if they were to put people like you and me and other ATS members on the panel asking questions, then McCain and Obama would have a hell of a time answering. Just being honest about the debates. I remember Gore Bush where people paid more attention to what Gore did rather than what he said. And I have already heard countless times that Biden is going to sweep the floor with Palin and Frankly I must agree. But I bet you anything people will pay more attention to one of Biden's gaffe than what he actually says. You heard it here first. So as far as the debates I guess you might as well keep pitying me. Maybe in the old days they meant something, now it is nothing but a popularity contest. Now you talk about election being canceled and I don't buy that. It will go on and somebody will win. Really don't matter who cause we are still screwed. As far as McCain suspending his campaign I don't think it was necessary. He should have just got on his plane and went back to Washington to do his job. As far as playing politics, both are doing it. Why do you think they were holding these back and forth events trying to out stage each other? Of course you won't see it that way. Your a die hard Obama fan. He does no wrong. He only wants to help the little guy.

Well, where has he been the last year plus. He sure hasn't been helping the little guy. It is always wait till I get elected...wait till I get elected... ALL talk no action....But to be fair McCain has been doing the same. Just because they are in Congress doing their job doesn't stop the process. They still have their campaign and surrogates talking on their behalf. As far as an eye doctor, my eyes are fine. The difference is that I am able to see and critique when both screw up and I am also able to praise both when they do something right.

I have spoke on Obama behalf about the flag, the Muslim thing, said he is very articulate, US citizen...etc. etc.. but I have also criticize him for some of his plans. Like wise for McCain. What gets me is when people try to paint Obama as a saint and does nothing wrong. No matter what he screws up on people try to spin it to make him look great. Problem is he is just like any other politician. If you don't believe me tell him to put everything he plans to do in black and white. He won't do it cause he can't guarantee anything with Congress.

I respect your view and determination to defend Obama. However, sometimes I feel that you take it too far. Admitting that Obama should be in Washington doing his job shouldn't be so hard. That doesn't mean you should admit that the debates should be canceled. Maybe like you said they could do both.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Entrainment
I don't mean to sound paranoid here, call it a "feeling" if you will, but something is amiss behind the scenes somewhere... I feel like this whole mess could be serving as a distraction for something else... of course I don't know what...it's just a feeling

Too many unprecedented things happening all at once...its like sensory overload all of the sudden.

Yea what is going on is that the elites are holding the "you are gonna have a depression if you don't cooperate gun" at the heads of the American public.

So either we bail them out and give them extreme amounts of power over the financial system and economy (banking houses being federal agents anyone) along with giving them billions of dollars individually, or they will freeze the credit markets and plunge the economy into the dark ages.

The distraction is that a small and very powerful segment of society is using the current crisis to gain complete control of our lives and set up a fiefdom where we the servants shall live under the shadow of the elites.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Unfortunately, that is how the ball rolls. and regardless of who is elected we will continue to see more of the same. In time the economy will get better and people short term memory will return and Congress will continue business as usual while the economy is good. For some reason some people only criticize the system when it sinks.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Entrainment

Try the $630 billion spending bill the house just passed. The details are here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Talk about getting a double whammy.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Mccrazy is a member of the council on foreign relations(bilderberger front) so there is no doubt in my mind that this is fear-mongering on a large scale. Obama is no better as a member of trilateral commision. Bush said in his speech that this deal was to prevent panic, but just by saying that he is creating panic-watch markets on Thurs/Fri but don't worry about those guys because they already sold short before shorts were suspended.
Watch for an Iranian war to wag the tail after this .

This is a Financial 911 and yes,Alex Jones,it is a very real inside job. Don't allow these used-car salesmen to sell us a lemon. Rise up and make yourselves heard at every opportunity or we will reap the whirlwind.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Entrainment

Try the $630 billion spending bill the house just passed. The details are here.

Talk about getting a double whammy.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

The real figure will eventually be well over $5 trillion more when they add in troubled SS,Medicare,unemployment benefits,health care,and at least some of the other $50 trillion of worthless derivitives.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

As far as playing politics, both are doing it. Why do you think they were holding these back and forth events trying to out stage each other? Of course you won't see it that way. Your a die hard Obama fan. He does no wrong. He only wants to help the little guy. Well, where has he been the last year plus. He sure hasn't been helping the little guy.

I was mostly talking about the combination of stopping the debate and the campaign...and I don't think he's perfect. For example he voted for FIFSA, I do not support that. In terms of helping the "little" guy...his resume' shows it...at least more than his competition who ridiculed him for his years of community work in the inner city of South Chicago...

As far as upstaging...the only stage act I saw yesterday was from McCain and here's why: Barack Obama called him at about 8:30 am to see if he might agree to a joint statement regarding the events...so then John gets around to calling him more than 6 hours later after 2pm and agrees to that and to discuss soon further possibilities. Then he no more than hangs up and goes on Fox tv to announce that he is canceling his campaign obviously throwing the Obama campaign off...advance the clock another few hours and Republican President George Bush goes on the TV pushing the plan for the elites and international banking cartel and also slips it in that he wants both John and Barack to be in WDC on Thursday. This was a screw job. I don't see how anyone can reasonably say they that they were BOTH stage acting here? If anything Obama was the most stable, steady, mature, consistant, not jumping to irational conclusions; in short his actions and behavior was by far the most Presidential. The game I saw, once again was on the Repbublican side with the same old players once again: George Bush and John McCain. Hell McCain even lied to David Letterman of all people!

Just how stupid do they think we are anyway?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

It probably was a screw job. I'll leave that to those who want to debate that. I personally think they should have both gone to Washington without holding press conferences, suspending campaigns, or canceling debate. They know what their job is and the oath they took. Once they saw what was happening first hand then they could have decided on the debate. All I know is that Congress has to start looking after the taxpayers interest period.

Did you hear about the spending bill they passed today...

Like I said I've seen many comments you have posted and with some I would have to agree with. I look forward to debating other issues with you as well. Obama fan or not you keep things mighty interesting. My hat off to you.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

“It would not be helpful at this time to have them come back during these negotiations and risk injecting presidential politics into this process or distract important talks about the future of our nation’s economy,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said in a statement. “If that changes, we will call upon them. We need leadership; not a campaign photo-op.”

All McCain's stunt has done is further devide and widen the rift now regarding this whole thing. On the other hand for the elites it's a win win, because even if McCain doesn't come out on top in public opinion, if this crooked thing they call this bailout does not go through and things get worse they will simply blame the oposition.

As Alex Jones just said on C2C "ladies and gentlemen we are in a pickle...".

Thanks Jam...I enjoy your comments on here as well. We are so fortunate to have this place to kick around our thoughts. I'm not sure how much longer we will have it with the new push for internet control and / or the possibility of the grid goeing down in the future with possible civil unrest and chaos? If I would have heard that two years ago I would have thought such a thing was pure nuts...not anymore. Yes, we all need to hear each other's views on these things...if we all agreed all of the time things would be far worse I think...well, I"m off to bed...fare well.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Reid cracks me up. Probably isn't a day go by that I don't hear members from both party injecting their opinions about the presidential campaign from Capitol Hill itself. Everything each party does is trying to make their party look good. As a result is statement is nullified. What he doesn't want on Capitol he already has. Been that way for quite some time now. I say they both share the blame they can both share the success if it works out. I really wish they had a pair of balls to tell Bush no. But they must know more than I what is really happening because some of them from both side seem to think we really need to do something. Kinda like you can see fear on their face. Only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Just listened to Alex Jones on CTC and a banker called in to say Chase Morgan is the largest holder of bad derivitives at $90 trillion. Citibank and BOA are also in deep.

We're Freaking Doomed-Mogumbo

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I would like to hear all about McCains as well as Obama's views on this economic matter just about right now!

.....we all know it;s going to be tough so that;s no excuse for not showing up ...and as if"" withdrawing to work on the economic situation would help any of us all right now? thought not so, that's going to take a little longer....

We all have a right to know who we are actually dealing with and thus knowing their mind and thinking about this matter (our future!) especially now.

Withdrawing now would be a weak-bid and a strong-statement in my eyes

[edit on 25-9-2008 by ElisahumanE]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
They both need to be back in Washington doing what their getting paid to do. With the state this countries in, this should be top priority for them both. I think we all can live without the mud slinging, slamming and flip flops for a few days, there`s still plenty of time for that.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Outstanding opinion!

Before you can be an effective leader you have to be an avid follower to leadership. Bush asked Obama and McCain to return to Washington to assist with the financial mess. The election is still going to happen and there is still plenty of time for the debate. We do not have the time for the financial crisis. Every effective leader takes steps to prevent situations like this from arising. When they do they have to be dealt with swiftly and they sometimes require your immediate undivided attention. It is called CRISIS Management!!! This does not seem like the time to flex your multitasking skills like one of our candidates so eloquently put.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by sqid4life]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah right. McCain and all his banker buddies in Washington getting the job done. Just like before. Total Fail.

(Boggles my mind that many of the anti-Bush conservatives are in such strong support of McCain who agreed with nearly everything that Bush did. There should be some cognitive dissonance, but there doesn't seem to be. Weird brain mechanics.)

What Obama should do is attend the debate and field the questions on his own, and win by default. He could also use the time to address the nation about what he really thinks about the financial crisis. If it is possible, that's what he should do.

Problem is, Bush has invited McCain and Obama to the White House for a meeting. Do you think Bush has a solution that would get the two to pressure their respective parties to commence a vote? I think not, but it should be interesting.

To be honest the move makes it appear that Bush has lost his influence. Just a lame duck hoping to duck the final call.

What Obama really should do is take on Ron Paul as his domestic economic policy advisor, and spread some more of that wisdom around Washington. Obama has more free range than McCain has. Obama is not restricted by 26 years of connections to the Washington banking cartel like McCain is. If Obama requested the services of Ron Paul, that would be a true bipartisan move. If McCain did it, it would be political suicide.

And as for the meeting that Bush has called, if the meeting is a private meeting, it more than likely will end up as two R's against one D. I doubt it will be a success.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's very simple,
McCain is avoiding having to do two economic debates.
He won't attend this one.
Now for the tinfoil hats,
Right before the scheduled real economy debate, watch for a foreign policy event to take place in the world to overshadow it. A convenient attack or a rogue nation testing a nuke or missile system or some other threat.
McCain may get away with there never being an economic debate at all. Poor Obama may never get to debate his strong suit. He should have did the townhalls instead of blowing them off.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
He [Obama] should have did the townhalls instead of blowing them off.

I

strongly,

strongly,

agree

with

you!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They could pass a 2 Trillion dollars bailout, but this train is a runaway and the track is near it's end.

Maybe we need this to reinvent ourselves and what is really important in life. People for the most part have lost focus on what is really important, myself included.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join