It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of Dying: Discussion on C2C- Amazing!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I heard of one guy who was rescusitated that spoke of miles and miles of naked people.

In that case I case I should post my nudie pic in my avatar - scare all you non-believes straight!

Naw, really what i was here to say - I was 12 and left home to baby-sit a elder woman friend of the family.
She and I made a blackberry cobbler then sat at the table to wait for it to cook.
She began to speak of her bed headboard which was handmade by her father, and how she wanted to make sure her sister did not get it - “That ol’skanky busybody sister a mine - no way!”
She went on to talk about different possessions she had - where they needed to go.
I sat transfixed.
I knew something was *up* - I could feel it in the room, but, it was like I couldn’t even move.
I wasn’t scared, just knew something extremely different from anything I’d ever experienced was taking place.
She began talking to someone who wasn’t there in the room.
I was even more transfixed.
She went on for about ten minutes talking to this *other* person.
Then she just stood, told me she wanted to lay down and to call her when the cobbler was ready.
She lay down in the front room - I went to get her a throw blanket.
When I walked back in her arms were outstretched, her hands were claws, her face nearly black.
I was so scared I could hardly think.
911- The paramedics plugging a huge needle into her side (to relieve the blood build up around her heart I know now), very traumatic for me (obviously for her) - resulting in her death.
The paramedics left.
She was just left there on the floor covered by the throw (the coroner was stuck over the bridge in Seattle - a high wind storm keeping him from immediately picking up the body).
A cop stayed with me.
The buzzer went off on the cobbler - it was done.
Since then I’ve had an extremely grave (ha ha ) fear of death.
I’m terrorized by it.
Even though I’m a Christian.
Go figure.

SO!
Thanks to this great post I’m going to have to join C2C after all so I can listen to the archive of the show.
Thanks!

Oh. And do I believe in life after death?
You bet'cha.
I just don't want to have to go through it to prove to myself I'm right!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Very compelling story mate. I understand your fear. I used to be an uber player of many sports. The last 5 yrs have been extremely unkind.

When you are faced with daily pain and mollaise you can't shake. Something happens

You welcome death as if she were a gilded angel. No bringdown, no sympathy wanted. Death is as normal as birth.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

In my extensive research of NDE's and people who gave details of personal NDE's time and time again I found that in the afterlife there is no God that judges us but rather we judge ourselves and our actions on the earth plane ..God is an all loving omnipresence that does not judge...basically He is not a personal God like that taught by the abrahamic religions...but something more like a Christ Consciousness that pervades everything as in the dharmic/eastern philosophies...Im an ex-RC
that believes in living a Christ-like life as opposed to being part of an organised religion like RC or Christianity etc....

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Also, I just remembered- Ian asked him if he ever had any accounts of demonic or bad spirits coming or being seen near death. He replied that never once has that happened- they've all been "good" experiences.

There are many stories about the "dark" NDE's out there. There are even several books written about them.

When my great grandfather was about to pass away in the hospital, he swore that there were evil people waiting in his hospital room. Only he could see them and he kept saying that they were waiting to take his money.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I really really REALLY want to believe if an afterlife. Unfortunately I have more of a logical than artistic brain and thus just cannot believe in it. I hope I am wrong but I have an awful feeling I'm not

To make things worse I watched my Dad die a very painful and sad death. I was holding his hand when the complications from cancer finally took him. There was no calm.. there was no hands outstretched or family come to take him. My dad was always scared of drowning and that's what took him in the end. He drowned in his own bodily fluids. He was terrified to the end. And this happened to one of the kindest persons I have every known. If anyone deserved a kind death it was him.

I also believe that the brain can play some very strange tricks on us. We are only scratching the surface of what our brains can do. I believe when the brain dies some very strange things happen. I've always thought NDE's are just like dreams.. the brains way of coping.

But like I said.. I really hope I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SadisticRabbit

Well here is my hopeful sense of logic:

Something created the Universe. All of this. It could have been God. Could be the natural sciences. Could have always been and always will be, or it could just be finite circumstance...

Either way, one thing is for sure; something created our imaginations, something created the dream worlds, something created our capacties to love, something created matter, something created the comsos, something created an entire Universe full of endless miracles.

So... maybe that thing anticipated sentient life would want an Afterlife, and so that was created too? Why not? I look around me and I find no reason not to be optimistic about it.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
this discussion brought a tear because i have witnessed the deaths of 3 close family members.

one imparticular scared the shiite out of me. she spoke and dirfted in and out of sleep until her last breath. she told us that she could see 2 men waiting for her (about 6 hours before her death) and then unfortunately her last moments where of her struggling with them and crying she was not ready to go.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

wow, I go away for a night and now there's 4 pages of responses! I read every one of them too. Great replies folks!

The one thing I am concerned about is many of you are talking about NDE's, which of course is related, but this particular discussion on C2C concentrated on research done of people that actually died. And until that switch is actually thrown, I don't know how much I really want to rely on ND experiences as an indicator of what really happens at actual death. Because there appear to be some differences.

But hey, at least I know that when it happens for me, I'll finally be able to answer my own question:

Do the Dead Talk to Each Other About How They Died?

At the moment I think they probably don't need to, because they already know how another soul died, if they want to know. From some other things I've read, apparently when two souls meet in the afterlife, they have options on how much they want to know each other. There apparently is a way for them to "join together" so that each experiences everything the other ever experienced, in some kind of "know all about the other" union they can achieve. I think that answer was given to the question: can passed souls have sex?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This very subject has always caught my interest since my mothers mother died of cancer back in the 90's. A very typical NDE scenario.

Several things happened just before she passed on.

She went from a painful state into a state of euphoric happyness. She was talking to her dead parents who she claimed were in the room with her. And just in the last seconds she was describing a beautyful garden.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
One of our very own ATS Super Moderators had a NDE that he discusses at length in the BTS forum.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It is great insight into a quite lengthy death experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
very good thread,there is too many accounts on people passing over and talking to unseen people in the room for this to be anything else,dont know why this is in skunk works?it should remain in the paranormal section where it belongs.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by moonbeam cat

Yeah, I thought about putting it in Paranormal, but death isn't paranormal, it's natural and happens to everyone (except cats get 9, I suppose). But since it's speculative to a large degree, I figured it might go well with the perfume odor.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Interesting read but I remain skeptical that there is no afterlife. I to have been around many people when they have departed, naturally and from drug OD. One thing I noticed is they were all scared to death. There was no peace or calm other than the fact they were loaded up with drugs. No mysterious visitors or voices just plain death. They there one minute gone the next, nothing magical other than the science of the brain no longer functioning.

Ok here are some examples of being dead and coming back. Well my father about 10 years ago had a stroke and heart attack at the same time, and was dead for about 5 min then brought back. I had asked him if he had scene anything, he said nothing. Just extreme pain then he passed out and waking up in the hospital.

My uncle had a heat attack while shopping with my aunt at the super market. His heart stoped beating and was dead until revived by cpr. He also stated that he didnt see or hear anything.

I can go on and on as I have alot relatives and friends who have been dead and revived. Alot that didnt make it too ; ;

All in all I have come to the conclusion of a few things, there is no heaven or hell, there is no good or evil and there is no afterlife. So live your life to the fullest and make the most out of everyday. Sorry for being a downer for all those with hope of going to the magical fairy land called heaven.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I've listened to the C2C show, so I can comment on it further.

Sure, I do suspect there is truth behind this life after death and spiritual memetic that we have. And I do suspect it's closer to new age philosophy and a global disseminated God force than with hierarchical sinner-priests-god structure.

My trouble is that I don't trust the people talking about it. Punnett to me seems to have some sort of wierd jesuit type agenda going on there. And these english scientist types to me seem like elitist henchmen. Not so much for what they say, but who they are and where their academic background is from.

Elites have, for centuries now, infiltrated and steered popular culture away from truth and to hierarchical structures. This is how they perpetuate themselves, by sucking away mankinds ability to autoadmistrate itself at the local level, even when it comes to spirituality.

And I suspect this is what this programs underlying intention was. To glue elitist knowledge structure to a spiritual reality so they can steer the masses away from it and into hierarchical structures that would not threaten them.

Again, I have no problem with the theme, but I do not trust the participants to be true to the reality of life after death, even if the data is. Once the people are hooked I am sure they will add in some sort of new authoritive religion and keep the people functioning at a lower frequency. They've done it before with catholicism crushing true christianity, they would do it again with [insert name here when they come up with it] crushing NDE spirtual enlightenment.

True spiritual awareness is personal imo, available to everyone at any time. Within yourselves. Any interpretation that moves away from this imo should be discarded.

This said, the interviewee did say a lot of interesting stuff that would fit with what to me seems to be the reality of life after death, a detachment of the soul, understood as a energy matrix which houses the information accumulated in our lifetime, into another dimension, where it interacts with other souls of loved ones and goes over it's life lessons. This has been a recurring theme throughout most of human history, from the shamans in south america to the duat mythology in Egypt, to eastern philosophies.

I think we could all be part of the God mind, nuggets of the global consciousness experiencing itself, possibly growing ourselves so we can expand the creational energy and enhance reality in a positive, loving way. I think Love is the ultimate lesson, not just as an interaction of souls but as the very creational energy that moves reality. The interview touched on this, so, despite my suspicions, typical of a conspiracy theorist, it was indeed positive and I recommend listening to it.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
C2C? Hmmm. Most of the guests on that show are insane. Making ludicrous claims with no PROVEN, REPEATABLE SCIENTIFIC FACT to back them up.

This video pretty much sums it all up about Coast to coast....

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Iam not religious and over the years i have come to the conclusion that our "concious" or what some might call soul or whatever exists after death.Why have i arrived at this conclusion you asked?Well ever since i was a kid i would always have spontaneous uncontrollable projections. I would almost nightly see myself floating over my body in a very surreal copy of my room.

Sure i passed these as horrible nightmares..but as i got older and learned more about these incidents i started to control them and i can usually project into the etheric when the conditions are right..iam a man who has had tons of lucid dreams as well.. and i can assure you guys that these aren't dreams,they are real and i can see myself,and sometimes even wander a few feet outside...how is this possible?Can science really prove how me and countless others go "outside" our bodies and see realtime events and move with our consciousness.

Well some of you might believe me ,some won't,but to me all that matters is what i have seen,and i honestly it has made me look at life in a new way.I live it to the fullest and i feel comfortable knowing that my existence won't just "vanish" after this physical death.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Of the two people I know who've had near death experiences (one was clinically dead for more than 20 minutes after he was hit by a shell in the Gulf war) they've both said that when they were 'dead' there was nothing but silent black nothingness. No light, no spirits or anything like what's described in the opening post.
Would it matter if the person was religious or not to see these things?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Apparently in ICUs, nurses know when patients are about to die because they are told by the patient that they just met and spoke with a dead relative. So its like a fact to those nurses that that patient doesn't have long to live.

How about a few of you call your hospital ICUs and ask an off duty nurse if they can verify this?

HMM?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I do agree with you that LOVE is the only truth (I sounded like Icke there) and that love would expand this frequency; but I do know that love is not the only force moving this frequency, for hate is as powerful as love in a negative way.

Every ancient culture lived to die and live again. From the sumerians, Egyptians to the Mayan people (Mayan meaning Illusion). So, to those ancient cultures (cultures, people who left their mysteries on earth) this life was just an experience, a test and they, in this life, prepared themselves for the real one (or the new journey) after they died.

Some how humanity lost this vision ( it only remained in religion) and became very non-spiritual. While ancient people lived this life knowing, at least that's what they believed, that their spirit (soul, essence, consciousness) will continue while we, "the smarter human and more advance", believe that this life is it, turning us into selfish and greedy human beings (not that all of us are like that).

Unfortunately, even if people claim to have die and come back and to tell us what they experience, we do not believe. Human being are driven more by seeing is believing, and when it comes to dying to see and believe, well, we all know how we feel about that!

I do believe that we are energy and as energy we can continue existing in the universe in different frequencies and realities.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by thegrayone]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

Yeah, but the problem with NDE's is that they are not the real thing. I don't see why anyone would want to base any decision for beliefs on life after death on experiences that were anything other than real death. Of course, one can never know what the real deal is until it happens, but that's why I thought this particular show was so interesting. They focused on those actually dying and that died, rather than their previous works which focused on NDE's. Are there similarities? Sure there are. But can we count on NDE's to exemplify what real death actually is? I say no way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join