It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of Dying: Discussion on C2C- Amazing!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

This is the first time I ever thoroughly disussed this. Never tried to make sense of it. Maybe because my step-dad who was responsible for me that day told me 'never ever tell your mom'. I didn't until shortly afte his death a few years ago. She just replied. 'Lucky he is down there already'. I just never told her because I might never see the water again, I love so much.
I mean after the shock wore off, we did go home, but I couldn't wait to go swimming or paddling the next day. After all these were the last days off summer.

Right. That experience didn't sar me. That's maybe why similar accidents happend twice after. I can't stress how much respect you need to have from water.

'The moment they touched me, I felt panic.'
'A wave of fear washed over me at that moment, but not a second before.'

Yes, very much so. At that point I don't remember much, all happened like stop motion. But from that point on I felt my heart beating like hell, breathing heavy. Maybe if you had any memory of your birth, that's how it feels.

'What has bothered me about this is the ostensible absence of a will to fight, to struggle for life.'

Well, the more of that I had to endure over the last 30 years. lol. That's why we still here. And hopefully for a while longer. The struggle makes it all so more exciting.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I used to work as a certified nurse assistant in the Oncology (Cancer) ward. Saw quite a few people dying
I do remember a particular patient who would insist that his wife come closer to him, and he kept pointing to the bathroom door, which was opposite his bed, and telling me to open it to let his wife out. I was later told that his wife had passed away some time ago.

My grandmother suffered a stroke, and was in a coma for about 10 days. One day, she just woke up, her eyes wide and alert, scanning the room with her eyes, looking and smiling at everyone. She was like that for the rest of the morning and afternoon. We were all excited that she was finally going to recover, and things were looking better. She passed away later that evening.

My grandfather was obviously devastated, his partner of 60 years was gone. He came to stay with my family and remember seeing him laying on the bed, and this flash of bright white light from the ceiling came down and hit him in the chest. Immediatly asked him what that was, and he said it was my "nana". He fell into a deep depression and died about 2 years later. He was never the same after she left. I truely believe they were soul mates, and are in an eternal embrace wherever they may be.

I would like to say that I am agnostic, and I am a molecular biochemist. It is hard for me to put faith into a phenomenon that has no scientific evidence...but at the same time, just because something hasn't been scientifically proven, doesn't mean that it is false. I hope there is something out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Pondrthis here.

I won't be back to check on this topic, so don't bother flaming, and I'm sure this has already been said.

Just to add to the discussion, y'all should read the many topics on ATS about '___'. It is a naturally occuring (yet controversially illegal) drug that is produced in most multicellular lifeforms, including humans. It is stored in small quantities in the pineal gland in the brain, which has been shown to purge itself of contents just before the death of the brain.

It is a potent hallucinogen which is reported by first-hand users to typically induce hallucinations with some sort of spirit guide. (Many threads here think they are interdimensional beings, bollocks in my opinion, and others think they are projections of the consciousness, which I buy.) This would explain the visits from loved ones that have passed away previously.

I believe there is some effect that explained the white light, if I remember correctly. I'm embarassed to say that even as a biomedical engineer I forget what it was.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, have fun digging up more information and uncovering the truth!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

What a distastefull and insulting video that offers nothing but broad mindless generalization and closed mindedness.

If everyone on earth thought like you we would not yet know how to use fire, let alone a wheel.

Sure, some C2C guests are a few cards short of a poker table, but others are enlightened. It is up to the people with open minds to listen and form their own belief systems. With your atitude you must end up really ignorant.

There are more things in heaven and earth than dreamt of by your philosophy...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
I agree with this, but up to a certain point. For example certainly, some of my fellow Christians have mistakenly twisted God's word and proclaimed it as their own to take up fighting in his name. Certainly, there has been some bad history of trying to spread his word by the sword, WHICH IS COMPLETELY UN-CHRISTIAN LIKE, George Bush is one for example, he's a man who really thinks GOD has spoken to HIM personally and tries to justify it to himself and the American people to go and kill to try to bring his "democracy" to other parts of the globe.

We don't know that in their final moments on earth, they won't have Christ appear before them and offer them one last chance for forgiveness. But, as Christians, we should never encourage the "sprituality" that does not lead to repentence and forgiveness through Christ. That's what I'm trying to say, in a round about way. I believe that when we encourage it or turn a blind eye to it, if those people go to hell, we will have their blood on our hands and we'll have to answer for it.

Ronpaul girl, I think Ron Paul is a man of peace, truly a model of what a Christian should be. The last statement about "turning a blind eye" to how others wish to live their lives, is the argument the Necons make when they go off and apply their foreign intervention.

Christ's message, is a message of peace, understanding, and forgiveness, very much the message of Ron Paul. Both messages are not of intervening in people's lives and making them see that democracy is the only way, or that Christ is the only way. Again, that is for he to decide, it is for he to take full account on how they lived their life.
[edit on 22-9-2008 by Gateway]

I agree that Christians should not be using "force" to spread the message of Christ because that really isn't spreading Christ's messag now is it - Jesus never used any sort of force. That is completely unbiblical. I just believe that if Christians believe there is a hell and all that do not trust in Christ are going there, it's their duty to make sure everyone knows about this. They can choose to deny the truth - that is their right, but it is also their right to know the truth and to have the free will to reject it. I don't think that should involve any sort of force. It's merely the speaking of words.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lecter

Just because it can be reproduced does not prove there is no afterlife. We can reproduce things that are similar to certain foods. Does not mean the actual foods don't exist.
We can clone animals which is reproducing them. Does not mean the actual first animal that was cloned did not exists. Your thinking is a little off i asume.
It's good of you to question the topic though as it brings more to the discussion , however by saying that there is no afterlife you are saying you know all.

That is the biggest flaw with us humans is that we think we know. When you think you know somthing, dig a little deeper, look a little further and you will realize you have so much more knowledge to gain.
We will never know all and are not intended to know all.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl

Originally posted by Gateway
I agree with this, but up to a certain point. For example certainly, some of my fellow Christians have mistakenly twisted God's word and proclaimed it as their own to take up fighting in his name. Certainly, there has been some bad history of trying to spread his word by the sword, WHICH IS COMPLETELY UN-CHRISTIAN LIKE, George Bush is one for example, he's a man who really thinks GOD has spoken to HIM personally and tries to justify it to himself and the American people to go and kill to try to bring his "democracy" to other parts of the globe.

We don't know that in their final moments on earth, they won't have Christ appear before them and offer them one last chance for forgiveness. But, as Christians, we should never encourage the "sprituality" that does not lead to repentence and forgiveness through Christ. That's what I'm trying to say, in a round about way. I believe that when we encourage it or turn a blind eye to it, if those people go to hell, we will have their blood on our hands and we'll have to answer for it.

Ronpaul girl, I think Ron Paul is a man of peace, truly a model of what a Christian should be. The last statement about "turning a blind eye" to how others wish to live their lives, is the argument the Necons make when they go off and apply their foreign intervention.

Christ's message, is a message of peace, understanding, and forgiveness, very much the message of Ron Paul. Both messages are not of intervening in people's lives and making them see that democracy is the only way, or that Christ is the only way. Again, that is for he to decide, it is for he to take full account on how they lived their life.
[edit on 22-9-2008 by Gateway]

I agree that Christians should not be using "force" to spread the message of Christ because that really isn't spreading Christ's messag now is it - Jesus never used any sort of force. That is completely unbiblical. I just believe that if Christians believe there is a hell and all that do not trust in Christ are going there, it's their duty to make sure everyone knows about this. They can choose to deny the truth - that is their right, but it is also their right to know the truth and to have the free will to reject it. I don't think that should involve any sort of force. It's merely the speaking of words.

Life after death is not just a Christian belief, so why would you ascertain that your belief is the "truth"? It is entirely possible that there really is no real religious truth. How about if people follow the simple rule of "do unto others...", and be a morally good person.

There are many non-christians, who have had NDE's, seen the white light, their deceased relatives and felt at ease and peaceful at the moments close to death...the same accounts that a Christian may observe in an NDE. There won't be blood on your hands...that notion is utterly ridiculous. You are pigeonholing the heaven and NDE experience to Christians, when that is absolutely incorrect. There is plenty of evidence out there that Jesus is not God nor the Son of God. Instead he was one of his chosen messengers, along with Abraham, Moses and all the other prophets. He was delivered a message of peace and forgiveness. I don't believe that people are innately born with sin (how does that make sense?) and that Jesus died for our sins (how does that make sense?)...I believe, if he did actually die on the cross, that he did so because of his enormous influence on people and the republic was scared of him.

Anyway, I do agree with the last thing that was said "it's merely the speaking of words"

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Since my dead cat materialized one night, I am not so sure that there is nothing after death. Still, I can not be a 100 percent sure that what I saw and felt was my deceased cat. Even though I just had woken up, I was not dreaming or dreamy and I fully consciously touched the apparition. It was also neither of my other two cats.

Yet, a few point of criticism in general. Negative nde's are often glossed over, just a few unlucky persons who had to experience that. The whole issue of rapists and so on also being "there' is also glossed over either by not talking about it or by assuming that somehow they are not present or suddenly "enlighted".

Another point, it is always about people and sometimes beloved pets. What about the zillions of insects that have died? Or all the animals that are slaughtered day after day. Where are they? And what about plants? And what about aliens lifeforms (civilized or not)? What about babies that die? Do they enter the afterlife as a baby or as the souls they apparently always were and have been?

Yes you could argue that during the process of dying the "portal" opens itself and that is why you can watch the other side while you are not dead. Indeed the brain can survive 3 minutes without a blood flow. And maybe the portal can only be opened while still alive.

You can do all kinds of tests and so on, the real deal is only to be known imo when you are actually dead.

Now what I would find very interesting is the following. Why assume that dying is the only way to get there? Why not theorize about the qualities of "there" and try to make a doorway? It is bit scary, but it would be the discovery of the millenium! And why do we have to be ok with being here now and there after death? Would it not be fascinating to freely move between the two realms for both the living and the deceased? In other words, to have overcome death (or life) by having no barriere anymore.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by QueenofWeird]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
One of ATS' own, Kinglizard, shared his near death experience in THIS Thread awhile back.

It's a great story.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
Intresting is that in my case, I never saw anybody on the otherside. Maybe because nobody was expecting me or waiting for me. I think if I a see anybody in my next near death experience, that might be the sign I wont survive it ?

Not exactly, it may not have been your time but you did come back quite quickly.

My first experiance I was dead as dead could be and no one around to revive me (electricity is a bitch lol). I saw some people I knew after "going into the light" Not sure who they were but was told they were friends and did recognize one family member who had died when I was very young. They were there to convince me to come back although I was given the choice sense I made it there even though I was told I was not suppose to be there.

Then eventually I was convinced to go back. I was told I may die several more times due to forces out of my control not wanting me to "complete my mission" whatever that was/is. Was also told they would do their best to make sure it didn't happen again.

Oh gee guess what? Happened again after a surgery and I was given way too much anestisia. Then there was no light or anything just blackness and all I could hear was a voice begging me to breath and I argued with it after a while it sounded like it was going to start crying so I said fine and started breathing. I was able to confirm that there was no one in the room talking to me by a nurse that happened to be there when I awoke and started breathing again. After that I passed out and woke up 14 hours later at 2AM with a Dr. standing over me saying he was glad I actually woke up as my O2 stats were in the 70 percentile range (thats very bad if you dont know normally that should be min. 90% or higher) and my vitals were all over the place. There was a third incident but I'll just stop here.

"A man with faith is a man with doubt, I have no faith because I have no doubt." Pretty much my line I use after the three events lol...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Every body wants to meet the Super Dude.

He draws bigger crowds than rock stars..
He has a lot of them with Him already, so party on.

And England knows Rock and Roll and Jesus too.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My mom is a labor and delivery nurse. She said one time they had a woman who had lost a lot of blood and was getting hallucinagenic. (however you spell that) She started talking to her dead grandma.

I've kinda believed for a while that the human mind can tap into some sort of spirit world/afterlife while unconscious. (Like in dreams and NDE's) Maybe even consiously with some training.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBeast

Are you sure your mom didn't mix up her stash in the hospitals first aid kit ?

Most unlikely they use 'hallucinagenics' in such an emergency. But then again I might be wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is a GREAT thread on a nursing bulletin board about near death experiences and ghosts, all shared by nurses.

allnurses.com...

That was originally posted by another ATS person but I can't recall their nick now, anyways, it is very interesting and you can spend hour upon hour reading those stories!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Thanks Sonya for a valuable collection of on the spot accounts. I always wondered what the bystanding or livesaving helpers experience while they professionally concentrate save the dying.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Have you guys ever watched Lisa Williams? After watching her give readings to people of their loved ones who have passed over, it's almost hard to disbelieve in some form of life after death, even if only a ball of energy.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I had an NDE about 30 years ago during a dental treatment.

I felt I was spinning through a vortex of light, not to a religious type heaven, but to "home". The real home, where we are loved, understood, accepted, and helped. I felt a deep voice, which I believed to be God speaking to me, saying: "Go back! You have come too far." At the same time there was a conviction in my heart that this was where I belonged, and that when it was the right time to die I could go back there.

Being told to go back was horrible, it was like dancing on a rainbow and being told you have to plunge down, fairy wings and all, into a sewer. I was determined not to, but found myself back in the dentist's surgery. I floated around in there, peering in my mouth and watching what the dentist was doing, calmly curious about everything except my 2 y o daughter who was colouring in in the corner, waiting for me to be finished and take her home. It's still hard to admit to that uncaringness when I loved her so much, and when I've read of other mothers begging to be allowed back to look after their little ones.

After a while the dentist realised my body wasn't breathing and went into a panic, screaming at the nurse that she'd killed me by forgetting to tun the gas down. (I'd also had 2 injections to knock me out, which hadn't worked, which was why he was knocking me out with gas for the root fillings. I have very atypical responses to drugs.)

He ran around a bit, then came back to my body and started slapping its cheeks and shouting my first name. And that pulled me until I couldn't help landing back in my body.

He tried to pretend nothing had gone wrong, and I was still as much of a stirrer as ever, and teased the hell out of him. I was able to tell him a number he'd written down that I couldn't see from where I was, and that scared the living daylights out of him.

The results?
I know there is a God, and that he/she cares about us more that we could imagine, and that God can be a personal "buddy" if you need that, without any need for religion. I look forward to dying, but feel my life belongs to God, and must be used to achieve the goals that are placed in front of me.

I believe the most important things in this world are friendship and caring for each other, for animals, and for this whole Earth that is our playground. Rather than expecting God to do things for ourselves or others, we should each act as a stand-in for God, finding ways to do what we wish God would do. - Provided those things are good, and not hurting anyone. The fact that there is a heaven "up there" waiting for us is not nearly as important as using our energy in this to create whatever bit of heaven we can in this world.

I don't believe in Hell except as a distancing of oneself from that "home," which too much guilt and deceit could drive some souls to do. However the only punishment seemed to be an absolute clarity of vision, seeing, and knowing everyone else could see, all the harm you had done. Then there seemed to be help to learn to be better, but for some souls the only way to learn to be better could be to experience the same sufferings they had inflicted on others.

Nothing we do can stop us being loved by God, but it can stop us being able to accept that love. Especially if we refuse to accept the lessons we must learn.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure how many of you believe in past life regression hypnotherapy, but I've found a good number of YouTube videos with audio from a C2C broadcast that discussed people actually discussing what happened to them after their past-life deaths, and so on.

Very interesting stuff that definitely changed my way of thinking.
The doctor who was talking about this was referring to a huge list of documented clients that have had similar experiences, causing him to write a few books on the subject.

If anyone would like to see (or hear) these videos, send me a U2U and I'll give you the links.
Don't want to clutter the topic with a lot of embedded videos.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Star for you! Thanks for sharin' your experience, I really enjoyed the read

I agree with you we don't need religion, but to care for others and build relationships. Your views on life is similar to many other people who have gone through NDEs and/or highly spiritual people.
I've read many accounts of NDEs, the afterlife and God on this site and others, they all are very similar to your post.

I guess some people would call you enlightened or just understanding what really matters in life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join