It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of Dying: Discussion on C2C- Amazing!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Ive always felt that death is the vacation after a hard life of work.

I dont know why people fear death. Im afraid of any pain, sure, but dying in itself will be a very interesting experience.

Why do people fear death really? I cant come up with a good answer. Is it the unknown?

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Copernicus]

I bet if you were dying right now, you would have a different view.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by krestan

And I bet once dead there would be a return to the original opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Also at the allnurses.com site is this thread about being with people when they die. Read it, but beware, you will need a box of Kleenex next to you.
allnurses.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAThought
She was talking to her dead parents who she claimed were in the room with her. And just in the last seconds she was describing a beautyful garden.

I never thought I would be posting on this topic, but something struck a chord with me as I have always, as everyone else, wondered what happens when you pass on. As much as I WANT to believe that there is an afterlife, or perhaps reincarnation, here is my question:

I have seen MANY posts like the above which state that there must be an afterlife because when near death, many claim to see and talk to family members or friends who have passed on. So, my quandary is this. So we all pass on, only to hang around for eternity to welcome other people we once knew? It doesn't make sense that THAT is the master plan. You die so you can wait around and talk to others who are passing on. . . Shouldn't the "master plan" involve moving onto another life, or doing something else besides hanging around waiting for others to die?

What do you think guys? Help me around this. .

[edit on 22-9-2008 by amongus]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I posted in this thread to tell my story. Never actually thought about afterlife. Don't really care what happens after. I like surprises.

But yeah, you're right. I wouldn't wanna just hang and wait for others to join. But if that's the case it could mean that's maybe the last stage of our journey. Or maybe we can go forth and back on those other levels. Who knows. But well worth thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I don't understand why you would assume that's all the deceased do? Maybe life out there has some similarities to life down here. As uncommon as a death in the family is to most people, once I die I wouldn't have any problem at all if once every 30, 40 or 50 years I was called to assist in a passover. Or at any time really. Either alive or dead. So I really don't understand your position there.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am a lurker for about a year now and this is my 2nd post/reply. My accident caused me to be unconcious and is the only reason that i am replying to this thread as opposed to needing attention blah, blah,blah.
My experience happen outside on a sunny day after being knocked unconscious. I hit my head after a nasty fall and ended up on my back looking into the sky, eyes closed, i had an instant feeling of complete satisfacation and contentment. A gentlemen dressed in shirt and jeans stood over me blocking out the sun. He and i extended our hands as if to help me up. I did not know the "person" but he was standing there or so i thought. When i opened my eyes i was alone with my arm in the air, just one arm, my right arm. It was very surreal dreamy state that went away as soon as i opened my eyes.
I was at my grandmother's bedside when she passed away and nothing strange seemed to happen. Could it be our brain releasing endorphines and if so why?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Good question. I think the afterlife maybe an extension of this life. Perhaps, just another plane of existence so to speak. Another place where we fall in love, work, and die, and continue to move on to another plane once we are ready. Just speculating....

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

I had a experience like that when I was in a car accident 18 years ago when I was 30. I was hit broad sided into the drivers side (I was driving and alone), I felt like the car was spinning over and over in slow motion but my mind was so calm. I was seen and released from the hospital ( I worked there as a nurse and had just left) and from then on felt at peace with death. It was enlightning to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

my mother used to be an icu nurse for many a year, and she verified this. also aparently when my 2nd cousin died, he said, "billy's takin me home on 66, im going home" billy was his brother, and has been dead for over twenty years. my grandfather died of alzihemers and got to the point where he no longer knew anything anymore, but he still said "my father is gonna take me home" who had been dead for well over fifty years. once, i was with my father when one of his friends fathers died. we were in another room, and we heard, "not now, im not ready". we walked in and asked who he was talking to and he pointed to a corner of the room and said "the grim reaper", but there was nothing there, we asked if he was there now, he said yes, we asked what he responded with, he said that the could take his time. he died later that night, and regarding my nurse mother, once she had a patient in icu who went into cardiac arrest, and died, my mother is an outspoken christian, and they were able to bring him back, later, he bekoned for her and told her that he needed to tell her something. she asked what it was, he said when he died he saw a man walk in that was completly and utterly grey of a shade not of this earth, and as soon as he saw this man, he knew, that he was going to hell. the man did not say anything, he just stood there, even his skin was a horrifiying shade of grey.
i pray for all of you
god bless
Dave

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by manatthewindow
This fine example should be followed by all who care to call themselves Christians - start at the Federal Reserve, loudly condemn all of those corrupt money masters while whipping them to within an inch of their lives. That's where Christ started, remember. After that's been accomplished, they might be able to tell everyone else what to believe and who to follow. But not before.

Oh boy, someone has been reading my mind!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Have you read the book "old souls"? where people that had died reincarnated and talked about the life they had before. If you haven't, read it, it's a good read.
the thing about the book is that the subjects never mentioned anything (that I remember) about where they went when they died, but did remember a lot of their previous life up until the point when they died.

My point is: People that had NDE remember where they were going (light, tunnel...) but people that actually died (if we were to accept it as true) and came back in another body...don't.

Why the disconnection?

I believe that we have so much potential in the spiritual level that all those mysteries concerning life after death and reincarnation could be reached by concentrating our attention less in the material world. After all, if quantum physics is right, everything is an illusion being experienced by our consciousness.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

2) When asked to describe what they were seeing as they died, nearly all described the exact same thing: a beam of light that widened into something much bigger, and engulfed them in love, joy, and compassion.

FAIL. If someone is in the process of dying, how and why would they be talking to you.

How about people that suffer a violent death, maybe from being hit by a car or something. Do they get the same joy out of dying?

I myself have never experienced someone dying in front of my eyes, so I wouldn't know if it is slow and graceful, or if its like fast.

Give me some insight, the only vision I have of people dying are from the movies, and apparently you want to save all the breath you can before you die...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hi i found a link to this show (i think) on YouTube for people who missed it.

Death & Associated Phenomena. Part 1

The other parts are from the same user or under related video's.

[edit on 22/9/2008 by Jeroenske]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeroenske

Awesome, thanks for the link!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You can download the last 3 months of Coast to Coast AM if you are a supporter of the website www.coastocoastam.com - i think it's 7 dollars a month. I'm not personally a member but I remember reading that and thought I would offer it to those who missed the show.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Synyster

FAIL. If someone is in the process of dying, how and why would they be talking to you.

How: Dying can be a drawn out process.

Why? Doesn't that depend on the context. Often it's in bed with loved ones nearby.

How about people that suffer a violent death, maybe from being hit by a car or something. Do they get the same joy out of dying?

First off, the OP was about cases that were not sudden violent deaths. So I don't understand how the OP 'failed'.

Second, violent deaths are usually fast no? Maybe they do experience it. Maybe they don't have enough time, or even interest, to express it physically. Perhaps they experience excruitiating pain, and at the same time this joyful transcendental experience.

Give me some insight, the only vision I have of people dying are from the movies, and apparently you want to save all the breath you can before you die...

All you have to do is read the posts in this thread with people sharing experiences to know dying isn't always sudden, and that you are not always 'saving all your breath'. One poster even spoke of letting go and welcoming the experience even though they knew it meant death.

Dying can be a long process and a short process. Some people fight it until the end, and others find peace and welcome it long before.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Maybe life out there has some similarities to life down here.

Egyptians built their lives around the belief that that was the case.

Perhaps they were on to something...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Well, first off no one knows for sure about any of this.

I would think that the potential is there that those are not even really your family members that are meeting you. It very well could be just a comforting image created to help you deal with the transition.

If they are in fact your deceased family or friends, then I would say that time probably doesn't pass the same as it does here, if it even passes at all. It probably isn't much of a burden to help a friend or family member deal with their transition on the rare occasion of them passing.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeroenske
Hi i found a link to this show (i think) on YouTube for people who missed it.

Death & Associated Phenomena. Part 1

The other parts are from the same user or under related video's.

[edit on 22/9/2008 by Jeroenske]

Hey man.. thanks for the link! I was hoping someone would find it. I was about to start searching for it if I got this far and it still wasn't listed. lol
Starred!

reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hey, thanks for posting this thread! This is awesome. Can't wait to listen to the show.

(Edited so I could thank the author)

[edit on 23-9-2008 by EagleTalonZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join