It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers - are you seeing these?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have don't have any true doppelganger stories, but have had encounters like those talked about so far in this thread.

A couple years back, my ex and I were friends with a couple that had just had a child. We spent quite a bit of time with them over a period of a few weeks, helping them move into a new apartment and get situated.

On one visit at their place, I noticed a picture hanging on the fridge of a man holding their child. Immediately, I thought the picture was of me holding the child, but I had no memory of a picture ever having been taken, at least in that particular position, with that clothing, so on. Turns out it was another friend of theirs, who happened to be from out of state, so I never got a change to meet this person, but I swear this person could have been my twin. (Funny though that they never brought this up).

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There are some photos of some celebrity dopplegangers here (some of them are quite uncanny) :
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Also, to touch on the subject of twins... well, more so genetics in general.

Genetics is a funny thing.

To give some back-story here, I grew up never knowing my biological father. The man who was married to my mother when I was born was always dad. He was also the man listed as my father on my birth certificate.

Growing up, it was never mentioned that my "dad" might not be my "father", at least until I came of age, (See: 10-11), at which time my mother told me what she believed to be the truth. (My dad/mother divorced a few years after I was born). At that time, by my request, a paternity test was done, and the results being that my "dad", was in fact, not my biological father.

Last year, by sheer chance, my biological father was able to track down my mother via www.classmates.com, and contact her via email. They were able to open a dialogue, and eventually, unbeknownst to me, arrange for my father to fly up here to visit.

So July of '08, I was finally able to meet my biological father for the first time. Now, this is where it gets interesting, at least to me.

That evening, we all went out to dinner. (We being my immediate family, plus my biological father and his family). Well, as dinner progresses, I being to notice things. Mannerisms that likes that my father and I share. We end up ordering the same food, same drink, have the same sitting positions, the same positions after dinner while we're sitting talking, same postures, same positioning of our hands behind our heads, legs extended out and crossed at the ankles.

This could have been chalked up to mimicry of some sort, but what really made it strange for me was that I seemed to be the one doing the mimicking, except that I wasn't consciously/visually aware he was doing anything until I was already doing it as well. Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I spoke with my mother about it afterwards, and she confirmed having watched to do this over and over throughout the course of the meal.

Just to clarify, this is a man that I didn't even know existed for the first 10 years of my life, and hadn't meet in my 26 years of existence prior to the summer of '08.

Sorry for getting so far off topic, but the workings of genetics that got brought up required me to tell this story.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A few years back I checked out this music store near my house.
After I walked in, this guy started yelling at me like he knew me.
He kept calling me by some other name. I finally looked at him
and said I didnt' know him, but he swore I was his buddy from
high school. I had to convince the guy that I wasn't his buddy.

That's just one example. I have similar encounters all the time,
people think I'm one of their friends or at least look like one of
their friends.

I meet new people and the first thing they ask is "Do I know you from
somewhere?"

I guess I just have a familiar face. But the music store encounter was
a little weird.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've been in arguments with people that I know because they would tell me that they saw me somewhere that I would never go or have no idea where that place was. People have also told me that there is a girl that I favor a lot who is about four or five years older than me.

I found it all to be pretty weird.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Whilst backpacking in Southern France, my friend woke me early one morning to ask whether I had upset an elderly gentleman who I could see was very distressed.

My friend asked the gentleman why was he so upset and why was he pointing at me. (I do not speak French, so my friend translated for me).

The gentleman invited us to his château for bread and wine. Where he had some photos of his son... and I was looking at myself in the photos, dressed as a French soldier.

The person in the photo was identical to me, so much so a father mistook me for his son.

Sadly the person in the photos had died the year before (at a railway station waiting to go back to barracks), which is why the gentleman was so distraught at seeing me, he must have been very freaked out.

This was over 17 years ago, at it freaks me out still.

Granitharm

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I just posted this to another thread:
What about dopplegangers? My oldest daughter and two friends saw my youngest daughter's doppleganger today, and once a looooong time ago and in the same room in the same house. Both times the youngest daughter was outside playing. They saw her laying down in her bed. I would elaborate but, it's much too late and I am very much creeped out!!!! Maybe I'll post again tomorrow word for word what they told me.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have personally come face to face with my double.

I was about 15, and on a family day out. I was in a tacky gift shop, having a look around, my dad was in there with me. As I turned a corner I bumped into a girl. I looked up, and actually lost my breath. I was face to face with.....me.

She looked identical to me. The only difference being she had her hair pulled back. My dad had witnessed the whole thing and even he was shocked, she didnt even looked shocked and just turned and walked away.

Its stayed with me until this day, and i'm almost 26 now.

Whether or not this was a warning for me, or a bad omen i'm not sure, but its been over 10 years so far. So fingers crossed.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Supposedly, if you see the doppelganger of someone you know, it's a bad omen, meaning you will be ill soon.

My cousin told me about a dream he had where he and I were talking on his bed, and he looked to his left, and there was another "me."

He said that every time he would try to tell me that there were two of me, I would slowly lift my index finger and put it in front of my lips, and then wink.

The next week, he was sick as a dog.

I looked up the dream after he had gotten better, so it wasn't a psychological thing. This kid is a total redneck; there's no way he would have known this beforehand. He doesn't even have internet.

It was probably one of the creepiest things anyone in my family's ever told me.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've had people absolutely convinced that they have seen me somewhere else doing something else, like flat-out refused to believe I was where I said I was. It's a little unnerving, because I live in a small town where you can't sneeze without someone knowing, and the only tourism we get is people driving through. I've never run into my supposed doppelganger, nor have I seen anyone else's doppelganger (as far as I know) but I do believe in them. Supposedly if you meet them, they'll try to kill you? o_O I've heard too many variations on the idea of coming face to face with one.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You can't deny anything, we live in an amazing Universe. Doppelgangers could exist, but everyone having one doppelganger on the planet seems off. Either these are multidimensional manifestations of the self, or there are only 3 billion people on the planet, and the latter is definitely wrong. So I guess it's most likely the first one, but I wonder, why can't we ourselves go into these other fields of existence?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 1thefire1

Maybe we do. Who says other worlds have to be so off and different than the present reality? Otherwise, why would our doppelgangers (hypothetically multi-dimensional beings) develop exactly like us, in terms of weight, hair color choice, personality?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So pretty much... weird supernature deja vu happenings?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I never actually had an encounter with a doppelganger, nor do I know anyone who has had one.
However, I do believe there are doppelgangers, and I think it works in a similar way to deja vu.
I haven't read all the boards yet, but I think there are people here who are familiar with the idea of parallel universes. The idea that life is not linear, and with every choice you make in life a different 'universe' is created.
According to this theory, a deja vu is nothing more than a peek into this parallel universe, where your parallel you is doing the exact same thing at that moment (I know, might be a bit far fetched but that's how I think it works). So I think it might be very well possible that our parallel me's (so to speak) sometimes show up in this universe, too.

I don't know about the timewarp in one of the first replies to this topic, though. The one where the little boy in the corner sees the familiar face that turns out to be him, a couple of years later. It doesn't fit the theory, because parallel of course means there can be no time loops or whatever.
Then again, I'm no scientist and my theory could just be wrong. As far as I know there is no proof, and therefor it doesn't exactly hold water at this point.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have met alot of people that remind me of other people in many different aspects. The only difference between them being the person that they look similar to, is small personal family traits (nose ears chin lips hair etc genetic features), how their family raised them, and how their friends and peers have influenced them to become who they are. Along with eating habits, proper excercise, and other physical traits that give evidence to their routines. Other than that, some of these people have the same mold , the body shape is the same. Have you ever saw someone drive by in a car and at a quick glance, you could swear its someone you know? I believe theres only so many variations of these "molds" i referred to, yet the genetic traits specific to their familys, and the way they group up, shapes who they are as a person.

This is just my opinion though, im curious to see what other people think about this.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I had an experience with what I call doppelganger last week. I was pulling up to an highway intersection with a four way stop with one car in front of me. I saw a truck that turned in front of us. I looked back to the right way and saw a large white truck and another large truck behind that one, it was a truck with a box on the back. The car in front of me turned right. When I looked back to the right of the intersection, there was...just a clear as day, a friend of mine on a large green tractor. He had a white tee shirt on. I turned left and looked in my rear view mirror, and he was pulling across the intersection behind me. He then started pulling off the road, but he was pulling off to the left side instead of the right. I had to start paying attention to what was going on in front where I was driving.

I asked him about being on a tractor that day and he said "hell no, I wasn't on a tractor, I don't drive tractors, except maybe at my dad's"
which I believe because he is not too work brittle.

That was a doppelganger to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by catamaran
I had an experience with what I call doppelganger last week. I was pulling up to an highway intersection with a four way stop with one car in front of me. I saw a truck that turned in front of us. I looked back to the right way and saw a large white truck and another large truck behind that one, it was a truck with a box on the back. The car in front of me turned right. When I looked back to the right of the intersection, there was...just a clear as day, a friend of mine on a large green tractor. He had a white tee shirt on. ...
That was a doppelganger to me.

OR someone that looks like your friend ?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
No, I don't believe so, because it was exactly him. Iive in a small rural town and really nobody looks like my friend. Maybe I don't have the right idea of what a doppelganger is, or maybe it was an hallucination, and maybe that is what doppelgangers are.

Schizophrenia?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I have a great story about a doppelganger.

My mum and my brother had been out at the local store, no more than a mile away from where we live. I had gone out earlier in the morning with a friend. When we had all returned to the house, my mum and brother asked me independently why I had ignored them to which I replied I had no idea what they were talking about. I was asked if I had been anywhere near the local store that day and I hadn't been. Then they proceeded to tell me the following...

As they came out the local store, they saw me sitting in the passenger seat of a sports car parked across the street with another guy, wearing the same t-shirt, same hairstyle and looking out across at them. When they started waving, there was no reaction from me at all. I just stared blankly at them. They got within twenty feet or so of the car, still convinced it was me and started shouting out at which point the driver turned on the car and pulled away. My mum and brother jumped into their car and pursued behind as it was travelling the way they were. They flashed lights, beeped the horn but neither driver or passenger reacted at all for the duration of the encounter. They finally gave up as the sports car headed off down a side road.

On talking to my mum and brother, they were beyond convinced it was me. Both said that the person in the car was not similar but identical in every way. The complete lack of a reaction ended up making this whole situation creepier. Neither the driver or passenger spoke to one another at any point either. I guess this is a story of mistaken identity but their certainty of the situation makes me wonder what actually happened there.

Th8nker

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join