It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers - are you seeing these?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I recently was looking on the net for a friend to find out what i could on doppel gangers. Her father had been seen on several occasions by friends and family wither wlaking his dog or driving his car. When they waved or said hi he didnt acknowlege then as if he was being ignorrant. Her father by the way is never ignorant and an outgoing person. On each of these occasions he had actually been asleep - when in the car he was at hom in bed. When he was in the park walking - he was asleep under a tree in the same park. When i looked this up on the net i was surprised how many other people had experiencrd the same thing to a tee - very strange. I also noted other similar type of situations one example being whre a boy had been straing into a corner and saw a familar face around 20 who smiled at him so he smiled back. 15 years later the kid now 20 had argued with his girlfriend and was depressed (ages/years arent exact but you get the jist). he noticed a face of a small boy staring up at him in the corner of the room - recogizing himself he smiled back. Lots of variuos vatiations on this stoty - people passing each other but weariing diffrent clothes and looking familiar then years later when it happens again realising the first person they passed was themselves on now and the person passing then now was them years earlier - very very strange. Any one had any experiences of this kind??

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Doppelganger

No, I have not personally experienced this.

I would imagine some would make a connection to a form of re-incarnation or out of body experience while still alive in the same body. Or...leaving one dimension while entering ours, and perhaps simultaneously? But it seems like years apart?

"Deep Space Nine" had Capt. Piccard leave his body and experience a whole other life for more than 20 years, and came to the realization later but realized that in actuality it had only been a few minutes. Perhaps a variation of what you are talking about??

Edit: after reading more in the above link I understand a little more. Yes, I have had experiences with what I would call "demon" encounters and foresight or "sensing" things before they happen, but not in vivid detail. I "sensed" something terrible was going to happen the day before 9-11 and was a complete basket case. It was affirmed by my husband the next morning as to why I had been so upset the day before. In this sense I can have some minimal understanding.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by MatrixProphet]

[edit on 14-9-2008 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My dad once told me this happens a lot in Norway or Sweden, i have no idea where he got that information....

But maybe someone could expand on that perchance?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

If real they’re probably other versions of us shifting into our dimension from time to time. Most of these phenomenons are easily explained if there truly are other dimensions.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Abraham Lincoln's Doppelganger was easily explained.

I think for the most part they will be the imagination, because there are people who look so much like other people that we know.

For instance, my middle name is Paul and it's Paul I go by for the most part. The guys know a guy at church they call Paul 2.

My friend Robert has a sequel aswell. At youth church function, I walked in with a mate- Jase, and asked "Who's Robert talking to?" To my shock it was just a guy who looked exactly like him 'in every single way' but just was not Robert. I later had a conversation with this guy and he wasn't a spectre of ill-omen but delightful fella who was just blowing through town. Robert keeps to himself-not shy but quite, and Robert 2 was fairly outgoing and funny.

But man, if I was hanging out with Robert at the park and Robert 2 walked by I would be freaked out and would assume it was a doppelganger and I think therein lies the mistake people make with doppelgangers.

On a side note, my username on most of the other forums I'm on is The_Doppleganger.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
My friend had an experience with my friend Knoxville ('cuz he looks like Johnny Knoxville) or so it was him close at a tool concert in Bakersfield, CA. She said she waved to him but he didn't respond. This was a couple years back but I still remember a lot of things that have went. Myself personally have never dealt with dopplegangers of I or others.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Yes, actually that has happened to me and my husband on several occasions, we both have dopplegangers. My husband's doppleganger lives in the town that he works at. A waitress said her boyfriend looks exactly like my husband beard and all, same eyes, height, facial features, everything, my husband thought it was pretty cool. My has happened so many time it's not eben funny. many people think they know me by many different names, but I'm like sorry you have the wrong person.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What was Strange with My Friends father story, which has been told to me by diffrent people who have claimed to have seen him (they aren't the lying exagerating type) and also varified by her father was that each time the doppelganger appears he always has the allaby of being asleep, i think that bit is quite significant and not so much that he is someone who just looks like him who is seen - they even see him with his DOG, and in HIS car. I have read similar on the net too,

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I didn't see my husband's doppleganger, but I heard him a few years ago. Bob's a commercial fisherman; he'd left one morning to go out on the boat, and I was a bit worried because of the wind (as the morning wore on, it was really starting to blow). I was working at my desk when I heard Bob's truck drive in; I thought, 'Ah, he's back." I heard his truck door shut, then the sound of the front door opening, then closing, and his footsteps down the hall toward the bathroom. I know the sound of my husband's footsteps--it was him! But when I called out his name, he didn't answer. No one was in the bathroom. His truck wasn't in the driveway. I know I didn't imagine it. Our dog even acted like he always does when "Daddy" comes home!

When Bob (not his doppleganger) came home later that day, I told him about this, and he said at that same time, he was seriously thinking about coming home because the sea was rough. We both have Scandinavian ancestry, but have never experienced dopplegangers before this.

Not even sure what dopplegangers are, but I suspect some may be forms of energy manifested by the subject of the dopplegang-ed person, if that makes any sense. Interesting stuff, anyway!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have never experienced any doppelganger situations, but I've heard of it. Just wondering if anyone knows, does everyone have one or just certain people. And if it's just certain people, why them?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've never personally met my "doppleganger", but have had several occasions where people have said that either I look exactly like someone they know, or someone they know looks like me. Even to the point where I have had to vehimently deny that I am the person that someone thinks I am. I would like to meet these "dopplegangers" and see if we could work out a deal. I always used to think it'd be cool to travel back in time, and have two of me, and we could work two jobs, and share the same things, but then again, one of us would always be missing out on what the other one had....hmmmm...might not work out as well as I had thought.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
20 yearsago when I rode the bus, I was looking at somebody that seemed familiar. It took me several hours to figure out where I met this person before. It struck me when I looked in the mirror. I wonder what went through the others mind. Shame we never ran into each other again.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Smile

maybe a manifestation of him in an alternate universe,one in which he DID decide to come home?where they collided somehow for a short time?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have a good friend whom I have known for the better part of 25 yrs.Back in our younger days we looked alot alike at work he had been mistaken for me more than once.We were in a car about 15 yrs ago and got pulled over The officer said I could have switched license with him.Today we are both in our late 30's and look the same at 20 feet...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The only thing I know on this subject in any detail is an experience of that of a friend I used to know very well. It happened about 23 years ago when he and a bunch of mates went to Ibiza ,(I was skint at the time so didn't go.)

Each afteroon to 'warm up' the drinking, they'd go to a small cafe and have something to eat and catch up with each other expoilts from the previous night. But each time they went in drinks were delivered for all of them with a note 'for carlos and friends'. Each time, thinking it was some sort of weird drinks promotion, they drank them and the went about their night on the town.

This went on over the entire holiday until one day my friend at the time Rob actually got stopped on his way out by the manager. He was asked why he wasn't talking to them anymore and they called him 'carlos.' Rob explained he was english and that it wasn't his name etc...I belive he even had to show his passport to convince them that he wasn't 'carlos'.

It turned out that the real 'carlos' owned another resuraunt a little further from the one they'd been in and they had known him for a couple years. The reason he hadn't been in the resturant that fortnight turned out to be as he was on holiday himself...in england.

So Rob was I suppose the 'doppleganer' in this situation, but weird as it was there was no supernatrual explanation..just 2 blokes in the world that happend to look perfectly a like and never met.

Wayne...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I had a friend in Kansas City, then moved to San Francisco and met a guy that looked exactly like him and even had the same first name. Then I met a guy at my church in SF that looked exactly like both of them but different name. Then I took a holiday in Sydney and met another guy with the same face and the same first and last names as the guy at my church.
I then moved to Munich and saw someone with the same face. I thought to myself, "Chris, you have definitely entered the twilight zone", but it turns out that this guy was one of the ones from San Francisco.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I know when I had long hair,about 2ft long I was always mistaken for someone else,now cut my hair off and old people think I'm my dad lol never ends I guess

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The Doppelganger theory is an interesting one, but I tend to lean towards the belief that they're simply the result of inevitability. While the human gene pool posesses millions of possibilities, there are more than six billion people alive today. It would seem quite likely that there would be more than a few people walking the planet who bear a striking resemblance to each other. I myself am often mistaken for others on a nearly daily basis, and have been, to my amusement, accused of being a doppelganger. The simple fact is that there are only so many ways a person can appear, and it is inevitable for there to be multiple people of the same general appearance.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The only conclusion I can come up with is that he has a clone that knows when he is sleeping, knows when he's awake... has he been bad or good?

In all seriousness maybe it's a case of astral projection gone haywire? Does he wake with any strange dreams? Does his whole body feel numb when he awakes?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Hmmm, if the theory is right you will indeed see that person again, possibly the person will be wearing the same clothes as you wore when you first saw her. Going on other similar stories, you would be likely to meet with your ?doppelganger? again when you are the same age as the person you saw. She will be as you were back then. Hope that kind of makes sense.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 7-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join