It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers - are you seeing these?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
One day my co-workers returned from a smoke break acting shocked to se me at my desk. They asked "where you downstairs just now?" and I said no....then they said they had just seen me walking by them....thats why they were freaked out to se me at my desk...weird

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ever wonder if you are the doppleganger and perhaps your "twin" is spending the same amount of time wondering about you. Maybe my doppleganger and I have both replied to this post.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have had two kind of similar instances.

I don't know about dopplegangers but weird nonetheless

once around 10 yrs ago while walking into the gym the girl at the desk looks at me, smiles and says, what are you doing back so soon?

I reply, I just got here, what are you talking about?

she says, you just left not 5 minutes ago. to which i replied, no i am just arriving. and I could not convince this girl I hadn't just left, she was convinced I had been there already.

the other incident just happened around a month ago ,I receive a phone call from my mother in law, who is kind of agitated and asks if my wife is home, i say no she is at work.

She then tells me that she was just driving beside her by her house(which is nowhere near my wife's work) My mom in law is adamant that she tried to get her attention by honking and waving and she even got out at the stoplight to get her attention but whoever this person was ignored her and drove on.

I found it pretty odd to think my mother in law would mistake her daughter for someone else, driving the identical car we have...

My story for what it's worth.
Cue twilight zone music.

strange

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Twice I've seen a man outside of a liquor store that looks exactly like my brother in law. I asked him the first time if he'd been there that day and said he hadn't, my sister verified this.

The second time, my brother in law was in jail in another state, so it couldn't be him! It was strange though, he was with a child that looked kind of like my nephew.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I can think of a relation between dreaming about someone who had the same dream at the same time. The doppelganger (assuming that it are imaginary things) experiences are often the same.

Funny fact: Everybody has a physical copy (up to 3) of himself somewhere on the world. Someone who has the same facial expressions, hair (not neccesary hairstyle) etc. Basicly someone who looks the same, tough I don't knwo about the voice.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Doppelgangers may very well be real. But what can i say. Have you ever noticed a child that looked very much almost exactly like the kid form of someone you may know? If anybody cares to put insight into this that would be great!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Great thread !

While I haven't seen anyone resembling myself I have seen quite a few who look exactly like people I know to the point where I thought it was the actual person, which of course upon close inspection they weren't. As for Genetics, yeah they are something else, I have the exact same penmanship as my father be it printing or hand writing. In the past I haven't been able to tell my own writing from his on the rare occasion that something of ours got mixed up. I say rare since my father died when I was 19 and I'm now 39.

To this day my mother cant tell our writing apart.
My fathers old Army photos could be easily mistaken me If I wore the same uniform, though I am 6'3 and he was about 6'0 otherwise I'm a dead ringer.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Not only do I have a doppleganger but I know his name!

On 5 seperate occasions I've been stopped in the street by people who claim to know me and have spent evenings chatting with me in a pub. They all seem to think my name is Gary and I have a Hell of a job convincing them I'm not who they think I am.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hm..cant say I've ever had this kind of experience, However I must say this...I once saw a story on T.V. cant remember what channel but they did something about doppel gangers. A girl had sent off a balloon with her name and I think number or something, A girl half way across the world got ahold of the balloon, Her name age and even birthday we're the exact same, They eventually got a hold of each other. Anyway I find doppel ganger's VERY interesting

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
There is someone that looks like you remarkably out there, they may not be a clone but they are there.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i'm beginning to think I have a common face, or a few dopplegangerswalking about. I can not emphasise enough how often i meet a new person and i dont know them and they say " I've seen you before somewhere" or "where do i know you from ?"It is almost a guarentee everytime I meet a new person. I tell my friends this (to which sometimes they are a witness), and they think im over exagerating. It ranges from new jobs, to people in pubs, my friends family members, yet this is even stranger... I live in England yet went to paris for the weekend.The hotel receptionist said i looked familiar ? I couldn't believe it... Its really odd, i get it all the time and its even gone as far as people talk to me and talk about things we did in the past yet It wasn't me they are on about, but they think it is. Anyway just thought i'd get that off my chest its been bugging me for ages, insteresting thread. And just for the info, I have never seen anyone i thought looks like me enough for people to become so confused.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by eyesdown]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by eyesdown]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I haven't seen my doppelganger but I believe that I have one. I was at dinner when a waiter in the restaurant confronted me and asked me what was I doing there. I had no idea who he was. After talking to him, he realized that I was NOT his wife. He thought that I was his wife having an affair and had to audacity to come to the restaurant where he worked!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I find this thread interesting because I recently read the three Karla Turner books about ET abductions.

Some abductees recalled, (under hypnosis), being confronted by a copy of themselves which had been genetically engineered by the grays.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I get that a lot, too. One time, someone started talking to me in the grocery store like we were continuing a conversation. She realized that I wasn't the receptionist at her doctor's office where she had just come from.

I also got stopped recently by someone at work in the hall and she said that everytime she sees me, she can't believe how much I look like her sister. She's going to bring in a pic of her sister so I can see her.

Must be a bunch of "generic" faces out there...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

my father (when he was alive) and i was 21(am 56 now) said he saw me in Manchester northern England on one of his deliveries (he was a long distance lorry driver) he said" i saw you yesterday crossing a road and nearly ran you over,had to slam on my brakes" Now i think a father would now his own son especially 2 yards away.
weird, but i think there is nothing more sinister than a double.
apparently everyone has one?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

I would not be surprised to see a double. I would bet some gov is cloning certain people for certain things. Like sleepers if you will.

Who knows what really does go on.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When I was younger, the kids in my neighborhood used to mistake me for some girl all the time, I kept getting called "jessie" or some other J-name. I never met this person or even heard of them after like fifth grade.... I just always thought it was really weird that she seemed to be friends with all the people in the neighborhood that I never talked to or didn't like for one reason or another....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I attended a wedding in the southern part of my state several years ago and was at the hotel/lodge for 2 days. I spent time with my friend and her new husband and helped pack everything up when everyone was ready to leave. I was with the bride and her mother and the bride said she wanted to go back and thank the wedding planner at the Lodge once more. I went with them and was shocked to be face to face with my friend from my town.

She was talking with my bride friend and occasionally glanced at me probably because I was gawking at her. I finally had to say I'm sorry but you look exactly and I mean EXACTLY like my friend. She had the same laugh, mouth movement, facial expressions, laugh..EVERYTHING. She even had the same hair color and cut. The only way I could tell it was not my friend was that my friend had some scarring on her face this lady didn't have. I finally said I'd like to get her name and number because it was so odd, no one would believe it. I looked down at her name tag and it said "Mary" and my friend is named Mary also!

I never did contact her but now after reading this thread, I'm gonna find out if she works there now and try to contact her. It is very freaky when it happens. I mean I was standing there talking and really couldn't tell the difference other than the scarring.

As someone pointed out, it's genetics BUT the thing that drives me crazy is that they act the same, same laugh and mannerisms oftentime having the same dog, car, kid names, etc. That suggests to me that more than looks are carried in our genetics and there are certain traits that go along with them which could explain same laughs, etc.

edit on 2-11-2010 by dreampsi because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crackinthewall
There is someone that looks like you remarkably out there, they may not be a clone but they are there.

Well, to that I say...I feel sorry for those poor people who look like me!

My cousin swears she was on a drive to Nashville in the middle of the day and passed a schoolbus and I hung out the window and waved at her. She pulled up beside and waved. I saw her that weekend at a family gathering and she asked where I was going that day. I had no idea what she was talking about and she refuses to believe me. I told her I was in school (back in high school) all day and she still refused to believe me saying I must have been on a school trip because she has known me my whole life and I even waved at her hanging out the window. That was over 20 years ago and she still refuses to believe it wasn't me.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The other week i saw what i thought was an old friend of mine at work, i appoached and said excuse me whats your name. He said they call me Len the lethargic. "Oh" i said "well carry on with what you were doing". He said, " just give me a minute". That confirmed to me he was a real person, because i have seen doppelgangers before but they never speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join