It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
On the damage forums they are stating that Galveston authorities are making statements that the west end of the island is permanently gone. The whole tip of the island itself.

Did anyone actually LIVE on the tip?? omg...

That sounds horrible, hopefully loam is right, and people had enough sense to not be there.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I heard them use the word "permanent" damage earlier during the news conference. But I assumed the guy didn't mean it literally.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wonder if that means the bridge to Freeport is gone as well???

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
But as you have been told many times their is no such thing as FEMA coffins in Georgia. I know this hurts your feelings but they don't exist. Get over it.

mikell

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They're showing the west end now!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
On the damage forums they are stating that Galveston authorities are making statements that the west end of the island is permanently gone. The whole tip of the island itself.

Yea, and that's reliable source?

Please post a actual statement from an authority when you have it.

Wouldn't it be common sense for westenders who obviously know what life on a sand bar is like to get the hell out of there. C'mon. THey aren't stupid! Especially in the wake of katrina. THey know better than to depend on the government to rescue them

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Tuebor]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
They're showing the west end now!

I am not sure I'd want to see... After that picture posted in the 2nd post down, on I think the 4th page... Is it anything like that?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Well, guess what? They stopped the video the moment they got to that point. They just showed the only road (according to them) leading to that end of the island. It of course was washed out.

They definitely know more than they've expressly indicated, imo. That is no mistake that they aren't showing more of the west end.

EDIT: Ok, I think they are continuing...

[edit on 14-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Val -

Thank you for one of the best threads I've read on ATS and for keeping us up-to-date with your info, sources and links. Thanks also to others who have contributed to this thread by sharing what you know with the rest of us.

Those of us who care (and there are a lot of us) appreciate what you've all done here.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, they actually didn't get as far west as the footage of the CG from yesterday.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"Safe to say shoreline is permanently reconfigured."

Yup. Not a surprise, I guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
was a conference supposed to start 5 min ago? Finally got a break from work, gunna see if the TV is free.

Thanks Valhall for keeping the updates coming, as they happen

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've been watching the KHOU footage of the west end, and at least on the Gulf side there are many homes and structures intact. Note that the only structures I saw that looked intact are the ones up on pilings (aka "stilts").

But...
Jumble of mobile homes...either the top floor of a house or a 1 story house lying akimbo apparently off foundation...debris everywhere...much of the beach washed away completely. Incredible destruction.
And no shots of the bay side yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yes, I just realized that. So they intentionally did not go further west.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
But as you have been told many times their is no such thing as FEMA coffins in Georgia. I know this hurts your feelings but they don't exist. Get over it.

mikell

The 'FEMA coffins' do exist. However, they are not coffins, they are coffin vaults for the VA cemtaries. Plots, markers and vaults are free to qualifying vets and families.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I noticed as they were flying west, they were many blackouts. Not sure why they woud show footage, then black screen unless they didn't want us to see what was there.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
ftp.txdps.state.tx.us... this is a link to the latest sitrep from the state of texas incident command center. this was for activities for yesterday.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by arktkchr

www.galveston.com... I went looking and found these real time cams showing the seawall and other places - is this any help? thanks for the information about this area , I would have been none the wiser as our Media is so controlled. Yes, and those poor islanders cell phones too. Pray Fema learned anything from Katrina. thx tinfoilhatter...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well I appreciate your thread Op and contributors, I am watching KHOU on sat tv just now and seems like they are painting a very positive spin on the situation.
I just do not know what to think, FEMA is about to come on and do a press conference about the updates on the recovery, search and supply for people.
They are saying Conrow does have water and it is safe. I would still boil water reguardless of what they say.
I stopped about page 4 of this thread and am very concerned about the biohazard.
Blessings to all and thank you. Vall you have done an exceptional job at managing this, I have made you a friend today, and if disaster ever hits the midwest I hope you are on top of it as this has been the compilation of info on Ike I found.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I looked for the conference, or anything related on the tv during my break.

Only FOX wasn't on commercial break at the time, talking about a guy with a mattress store, and volunteers handing out ice in Houston or something...

I really wonder if that island is HORRIBLE news, and they don't want the whole country to start freaking out.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join