It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and the Galveston West End Cover up

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

I find it really ironic - and it speaks volumes toward your mentality on this issue - that you just used one of the most suppressive and corrupt governments as a comparison to the same secrecy involved in the Galveston situation right now.

Apparently since Haiti is an oppressed, unfree and martialed populace, it must be okay if we become same as well.

Personally I see no difference between those suffering in Haiti, Cuba or Texas. We are all equal.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's looking worse as more pics filter out.

As far as the news black-out: Obviously, it would be devastating to the national psyche for there to be more images of bodies floating in the water.

Regardless of the personal responsibility of the individuals who made the decision to stay, officials at all levels of government would face severe scrutiny and accountability - it's just the way it is. Someone always takes the fall.

Two months before a national election, the Bush administration can't afford to have another collosal public relations nightmare like Katrina. Perry is a Republican so there can be no factionalized blaming like in 2005.

IMO, they ought to just show the reality of the situation. Obviously, in just the three short years since Katrina, people have forgotten the consequences of not heeding warnings. Besides, property owners and family members have a right to know the truth, even if it is painful.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Every summer I spend afew days in galveston down near pirates beach. Thats on the west end of the island, and Ive always worried about the level of the island down there.

For people who have never been there, the island island beaches are pretty much about 20-30 feet of sand followed by a 4 to 9 foot natural sand barrier then it pretty much is flat or downhill till galveston bay.

When water gets over the sand barrier the whole end of the island is covered in water.

link   
reply to post by Valhall

But we do have footage taken by US Coast Guard and others that do show the damage. I guess they dont want TV news choppers and other "gawkers" (sorry if it sounds a little crude) from flying around a search and rescue zone where the military and rescue teams will be flying in. I dont want to hear a rescue chopper had a mid air with another non-rescue/TV chopper/whatever, that was there to just look around and clutter up the area. Plus Galveston itself is a very narrow corridor, and its best to have only essential aircraft in the airspace.

link   
Restricted air space has been declared to facilitate search and rescue and recovery. Anyone who has ever been involved in an air search and rescue can appreciate this. Private planes, and media can hinder the efforts of those who are trying to do their jobs. However, the USCG shoud be sending images yet the only ones to the west were sent in by a private pilot.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Valhall

And repeated here:

There is an airspace (sfc to 5,000)restriction spanning most of SE TX that only allows SAR aircraft. We expect this to continue for at least 36-48 hours due to a high expectation of massive SAR ops.

Link.

Makes sense: wouldn't want the bl**dy media getting the way, or joy riders (flyers) ......

Low ceiling height of the restrictions doesn't affect normal air traffic

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by Valhall

I find it really ironic - and it speaks volumes toward your mentality on this issue - that you just used one of the most suppressive and corrupt governments as a comparison to the same secrecy involved in the Galveston situation right now.

Apparently since Haiti is an oppressed, unfree and martialed populace, it must be okay if we become same as well.

Personally I see no difference between those suffering in Haiti, Cuba or Texas. We are all equal.

I don't have friends and family in Hatiti or Cuba.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I can see my previous comment on the location of the biodefence lab got thrown back a little so I will just repost it.
I'll just ask again. Isnt the UTMB lab located in the eastern sector of Galveston? So why would they close the west end off because of the lab if its on the east end?

And again here is a report from them:
utmbinfo.com...

SPECIAL BULLETIN: Galveston National Lab, Keiller Building, & Shope Lab
Published by Information Serviceson September 13, 2008in Institutional Information.
Despite rumors to the contrary, the Galveston National Lab (GNL) has suffered no damage as far as we can see. The building was at the end phase of construction. There was no research taking place and no one is occupying the building.

The Keiller Building did experience some flooding in the basement but the rest of the facility is fine. There has been no loss of biocontainment or biosecurity. All labs were decontaminated and secured prior to the arrival of the storm. All agents have been stored in proper containers. The Shope Lab within the Keiller Building also remains secure.

UTMB Emergency Operations Center

(Sorry I know I posted this earlier but I feel it should have been seen for all of you too!
)

link   
reply to post by loam

Restricting airspace is the right thing to do, in my opinion. Keep the news crews and sightseers out of the way of those that have vital work to do. Anyone in the air in the area that isn't there to perform rescue/aid/medical services is a nuisance and in the way. Plenty of time for politicians to flyover after the work has been done.

link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I can see my previous comment on the location of the biodefence lab got thrown back a little so I will just repost it.
I'll just ask again. Isnt the UTMB lab located in the eastern sector of Galveston? So why would they close the west end off because of the lab if its on the east end?

I think no one responded because the issue pretty much got laid to rest quite a while ago.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Ah ok! Sorry!

But I do like the report from them on the situation!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Bush wiped his butt (again) with that "piece of paper" the rest of us call the Constitution and restricted all general aviation traffic over a 5000 mile length of coast line.

[edit on 9-14-2008 by Valhall]

I don't see how this is unconstitutional or extaordinary in any way. Do you think its unconstitutional to close airspace over NFL staduims every Sunday? Or over DC during the SOTU address?

Don't let your personal hatred of President Bush inject additional groundless theories and accusations into this discussion. You're better than that.

[edit on 9/14/2008 by darkbluesky]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Originally posted by Essan

Should a widespread disaster ever befall the UK, I'll be sure to make a similarly MEANINGLESS observation.

I don't get you in this thread. Why would you attack the motivation of people discussing in real time the response to a natural disaster in a nation where they happen to reside?

Do you think we should adhere to some "equal time" doctrine where we must discuss the misery occurring elsewhere in the world before we can examine our own???

Your attitude in this thread is ridiculous, imo.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Personally, I feel that the Bio-Defense lab under the guise of a hospital has little to do with the lack of coverage.

Having said that, I had no clue it even existed until this thread. You can bet I will be doing further research to expose the creeps for what they are, minions of Satan, playing with peoples lives, testing on innoncent animals to make better weapons of mass destruction.

They will hang by their toes.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by loam

Restricting airspace is the right thing to do, in my opinion. Keep the news crews and sightseers out of the way of those that have vital work to do. Anyone in the air in the area that isn't there to perform rescue/aid/medical services is a nuisance and in the way. Plenty of time for politicians to flyover after the work has been done.

Valhall, do you still have that "hinky" cover up feeling knowing there is a valid reason for restricted airspace over the effected area.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Bush wiped his butt (again) with that "piece of paper" the rest of us call the Constitution and restricted all general aviation traffic over a 5000 mile length of coast line.

[edit on 9-14-2008 by Valhall]

I don't see how this is unconstitutional or extaordinary in any way. Do you think its unconstitutional to close airspace over NFL staduims every Sunday? Or over DC during the SOTU address?

Don't let your personal hatred of President Bush inject additional groundless theories and accusations into this discussion. You're better than that.

Stranded people in need of rescue and government activities to respond to a national catastrophe are NOT taking place each Sunday in NFL stadiums.

There is no presidential edict that restricts NFL stadiums on Sundays.

I'm not letting my hatred get in the way.

I have one question - of the areas flooded with potentially stranded people in need of rescue, or just to get supplies in, or who just simply need to know if they have a home to go home to - are there enough SAR aircraft to police all of that area?

Am I to suppose that ATC doesn't work anymore and planes would just be flying willy-nilly into each other without any air traffic controls being issued to them?

Also, since an SAR chopper would be at a relatively low level, what hinderance would a fix-winged plane pose to those efforts? And I'm saying that from "not just Joe Bob in his Cessna" but an official recon plane to get images out to the people who want to know if they have a neighborhood left. Or if their family's house is gone and they can't seem to locate the family.

Some one said earlier in the thread that we have coast guard footage of the west end. No we don't. We have footage from 16 mile road east...we have no footage of the west end of the island.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is amazing...

Rep Culberson is stating that the center setup at Tully Stadium is the main Command Center for SE Texas. The first responders have no food and water now.

He asking people to bring foos and water if they have extra.

So the gov cannot even fly in supplies via helicopter to these men and women. This is unreal.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

Valhall, do you still have that "hinky" cover up feeling knowing there is a valid reason for restricted airspace over the effected area.

My hinky was unattached to the airspace issue...so I'm just as hinky as ever.

Thank you for asking about my hinkiness...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
With all due respect and sympathy to those affected:

Has anyone thought to check up on possible activity at the site of theose "FEMA coffins" near Atlanta, Georgia?

If Galveston Is "Mass Casualty" event, we might get some idea of the government's take on the scope of the tragedy by observing the activity, if any, at that site.

Apologies, again, if this post seems somewhat "ghoulish".

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join