It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial blasts rock Delhi; 18 dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Serial blasts rock Delhi; 18 dead

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

EW DELHI: Five explosions rocked three crowded markets in Delhi on Saturday evening, leaving at least 18 people dead. ( Watch )

The blasts at Ghaffar market in Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash (M-block) took place in a quick succession, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
sad, these blasts happened in my own city . My condolences for the dead due to the blasts . Death toll is expected to rise

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

more on this:

However, reports trickling in suggest that the toll might be far greater.

The first blast took place in the crowded Gaffar Market in Karol Bagh at 6.10 pm. The bomb was apparently kept in the back seat of an autorickshaw which was parked outside a mobile phone shop. Initially, police thought it was a blast caused either by an explosion of the CNG tank in the autorickshaw or because of a cooking gas cylinder kept in the back seat. However, as reports came of simultaneous blasts in Connaught Place and Greater Kailash areas, people realised that these were essentially bombs placed and primed to go off at a specific time.

All the blasts took place between 6.10 pm and 6.45 pm. Though details are still sketchy, there were apparently three separate blasts in the Connaught Place area -- one in the Central Market, one in Barakhamba Road, and one in the underground Palika Market.

Police have cordoned off all the blast areas and are busy shifting the injured to hospitals. Some of the blasts were low intensity but at least a couple of the bombs were fairly powerful if the damage to cars and bikes parked around are anything to go by.
www.telegraphindia.com...

[edit on 13-9-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a muslim militant group has claimed responsibility:

CNN-IBN, a local television news channel, reported that it received an e-mail sent just before the blasts that read: "In the name of Allah, Indian Mujahedeen strikes back once more. ... Do whatever you can. Stop us if you can."
--
The Indian Mujahadeen was unknown before May when it said it was behind a series of bombings in the western city of Jaipur, which killed 61 people. The group also claimed responsibility for a series of blasts in the western state of Gujarat in July which killed at least 45.
ap.google.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sorry to hear this!

What was the purpose of this attack?

Stay safe.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Sorry to hear this!

What was the purpose of this attack?

Stay safe.

potentially , to harm economy during festival time , its festival time in India , and to create fear in hearts of people

secondly , it could some sort of revenge attack by some militant group for there are reports that indian intelligience wing RAW is responsible for destabilising Baluchistan(part of Pakistan ) as pakistani militant groups destabilse indian kashmir(RAW destabises baluchistan in revenge)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is where the respect for Islam ends.
Islam tells Muslims to do this whether people choose to believe it or not.
What possible good can ever come from a cult that tells its followers to KILL in the name of its God?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
This is where the respect for Islam ends.
Islam tells Muslims to do this whether people choose to believe it or not.
What possible good can ever come from a cult that tells its followers to KILL in the name of its God?

oh, god , here come the islam haters ....

and yes , as a hindu myself , I can tell you something , even Talmud,Bible(old testament), the Bhagavad Gita(hindu holy book read mahabharata , condones killing in the name of duty ) tell others to kill in the name of God ..... so?????

----
keep rhetorical islam hate-bashing out , if you want to do islam is evil blah blah , please start a thread , rather than hijacking this one...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

First of all, sad to hear about these blasts. The IM, supported by SIMI seem to be ramping up their terror campaigns in India.

Second, christianity was criticized (albeit indirectly through the missionaries and East India Company) when the British were ruling India. Hinduism was criticised by Asoka and the Buddhist Mauryan empire.

Why must Islam escape criticism this time? Radical Islam is the public enemy #1 of our times, hence it is natural that it will be hated and despised. If in time the terrorism stops, don't you think that criticism of Islam would stop? After all we are not so irrational as to blindly hate... every enemity has a cause.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You can watch cnn live from india here about this news more then 20 people dead.www.in.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I was referring about Islam is evil blah , not radical muslims , these guys are nutcases , just like radical christians like Bush , and radical hindu fascist like Narendra Modi and RSS and BJP party ,

by the way, criticise Saudi Arabia ,it is the seat of radical islam and the nation of nutcases

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
one thing i would like tp point out that hours before the blast the BJP party wanted a strict anti-terror law in their state of Gujarat.the govt said no and we have this.Also the previous terror atacks happened in the BJP ruled states.Delhi is a congress ruled state.
coincidence?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Boy selling balloons saw two men place bomb: police

NEW DELHI: A boy who sells balloons at the Barkhamba Road crossing in central Delhi may have seen two men placing a bomb there, police said soon after serial blasts hit the capital, killing at least nine and injuring over 80.

In what could be a vital clue to the identity of at least some of the bombers, the boy saw two bearded men in black kurta-pyjamas placing something on top of a dustbin just outisde one of the gates to the Metro station nearby, police said.

Two people were killed in the blast at Barakhamba Road in Connaught Place. "They got into an auto rickshaw about five minutes after placing whatever they placed on top of the dustbin and went away," the boy told police.

Police said they were still examining the nature of explosives placed at the spot.
economictimes.indiatimes.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
More information on the Terror Outfit Indian Mujaheddin:

The Indian Mujahideen, believed to be a front organisation of the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and Harkat-ul-Jihad-e-Islami (HuJI) outfits, had even sent out prior warnings on all the three occasions.

On Saturday, when Delhi’s market places were crowded with weekend shoppers, six blasts were triggered minutes from each other creating panic in the capital.

The latest email - ‘Message of Death’ - sent to various media outlets five minutes before the first blast in Gaffar Market and attributed to the Indian Mujahideen says: ‘Indian Mujahideen strikes back once more within five minutes from now. Do whatever you want to stop us if you can.’

Delhi Police joint commissioner Karnail Singh said: ‘The Indian Mujahideen has claimed something but we are not very sure about it.’

The Intelligence Bureau claims the Indian Mujahideen is a ploy by terror outfits to misguide probe agencies. Intelligence sources said the outfit is just a new name used by terror groups banned by the government in the last few years.

The sources said that the Indian Mujahideen comprises activists from banned outfits like HuJI and the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).

The heat was on the HuJI, which masterminded the Hyderabad blasts and in the Muslim shrine Ajmer Sharif in Rajasthan last year, the sources said, adding it became imperative for them to give their outfit a new name in India.

www.sindhtoday.net...

, these terror groups bombed the islamic sufi Ajmer Sharif Shrine last year , so what you think , the muslims support them , no they do not

this proves terror outfits have no religion , as they love killing for whatever silly or valid reason , it may be....

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's nice to see the peace loving people of India are embracing the brotherly religion of Islam. Hopefully, the populous will see these actions for what they are and not misplace blame on others.

To place the blame on Christians or current actions in other areas of the world are narrow sighted and limited thought. To think this one action is an isolated case is foolish at the basic level. India needs to take a collective look at the Islamic population and understand that a war has been declared on them by these people.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hey Manson,

I don't agree with some of your posts, but I am sad to hear about this. Stay safe ok? I did a lot of research into Delhi when I was a kid because I had a chat friend from Delhi, and it is such a beautiful place... I hope the violence stops.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

India needs to take a collective look at the Islamic population and understand that a war has been declared on them by these people.

these terror groups bombed the islamic sufi Ajmer Sharif Shrine last year , so what you think , the muslims support them , no they do not

this proves terror outfits have no religion , as they love killing for whatever silly or valid reason , it may be....

, also these terror outfits murder muslims in Jammu & Kashmir on a regular
basis , so you think muslims support them ....

fact is that Islamic terror was created by CIA and Saudi Arabia

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacSen191
Hey Manson,

I don't agree with some of your posts, but I am sad to hear about this. Stay safe ok? I did a lot of research into Delhi when I was a kid because I had a chat friend from Delhi, and it is such a beautiful place... I hope the violence stops.

I hope seriously , India has a lot of issues to deal with like Poverty , corruption ,widening gap between RiCh and poor , naxal violence(created due to corrupt politics and injustice on tribals ) and this useless terror outfits who murder hindus and muslims ....

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

its a sad day
they call them selves muslim yet they murder in cold blood
anyone without preduice or care depiste race or creed

its also ramadan a muslim holy month (the month in which the Quran was revieled)
just goes to show how much of so called muslim they are.

commiting this barberic act

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i'm sure this is related to Kashmir

thankfully only 18 people were injured
i know that sounds bad

but this happened in a shopping area, which tends to be very crowded in India.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
i'm sure this is related to Kashmir

thankfully only 18 people were injured
i know that sounds bad

but this happened in a shopping area, which tends to be very crowded in India.

more than 18 are dead , and hundreds injured , please read the links....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join