It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Music Aliens may like?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Surely someone with the name of 'Lightspeed Champion' would have to be up there?

link

Or David Bowie in his Spiders from Mars phase?

As someone else has stated, this is full of assumptions, such as:
They have ears
They know what music is, to appreciate it.
They exist.

[edit on 14/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

[edit on 14/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Wait a minute isn't this thread a little racist? Wouldn't every alien like a different type of music? Not all humans like the same kind of music.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
CONFIRMED!

They're apparently fans of Beverly Hills Cop and 80's electronica.

[edit on 14/9/08 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious that SOME aliens would want to work with us on a musical level. All the great composers, are gone, but I have reason to believe Beethoven and Mozart are reincarnated and here now. Unfortunately all the pianists in the world are largely addicts. Known to love heroin and women, etc. The aliens would encounter a star or star capable in a really high state of mind so....interest would be less. Getting all the stars off drugs is hell on wheels. The place that is keeping aliens surely know about music, but all we ever hear about is psychic, and love, and other get your act together crap, under the circumstances of the stress in this corrupt world there isn't much opportunity. Children get a chance and after the college degree if they make it there, there is often no more chance to educate or rehabilitate until you are old or too sick and it's too late...There's talent on the earth, and if the aliens seek the best, physicists and psychics aren't the only talent, to work with. But...Real Talent is hardly Britney Spears, or Elvis Presley. They are popular but I would't think the aliens would want to work with substandard minds, unless there were studying popularity, and even those were on drugs. The aliens are vulnerable, obviously or they wouldn't have to hide. I doubt they take drugs, have broken relationships, etc. All music has to strike the masses issues and needs. What their issues are...probably something they need here, some bodies or genetic material, and that's the end of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
dont know if anyones mentioned this already but i think this song

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
well im guesssing that due to their understanding of complex mathematics, they'd be well into some kind of "choppage" DNB in..... lets say the vein of Paradox or Seba......... or the more spacey esque sounds of LTJ Bukem......

always makes me think of space and travelling vast distances.........

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
This is going to turn into a very, very long thread (maybe).

But the answer is obvious. It has been documented!

Alien music

agreed, maybe the title should have been

"what music do you like and lets spam the alien / ufo forum with our tastes
annnd get the nuts to really think hard and post long winded serious posts on a topic that they really have no bloody idea about"

[edit on 14-9-2008 by dalek]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
well, it seems some think this thread is a waste of space, so please, call the mods, and let them decide. I have nothing to lose ^_^.

This is just a question i asked because it interests me, so if you are not interested, and like to just bite my head off, go do it somewhere else ^_^.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by HanyouSpirit]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If E.T's are listening to music i think it would be:

Ambiance
Space Scapes
Atmospheric Sound Scapes
Natural Sounds
Resonating Crystal Vibrations

ET may even visit Earth to listen to the natural sounds it sends into space
who knows the entire solar system could be a whole symphony to them.

Peace.

Typo Edit

[edit on 14/9/08 by Ezappa]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway

do you think aliens are everybody?
they can.t be compared to anybody here on earth

but maybe they think madonna is a nice change!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

but even deaf people are able to feel basses and get the rhythem!
it is neither proofed that they communicate via telepathic methods nor that they aren.t able to hear or what.s about music in space.

@HanyouSpirit
i don.t think it is a waste of time or a waste of space
certainly we can.t decide what kind of music a species likes we don.t know / don.t really know?
but nevertheless we can talk about it
we can talk about different conecpts of music and how people might react on them
and therefore with all we might know about aliens extrapolate how those - if they are existing -might react on them
or maybe aliens are just humans from the future
and therefore they like our music - as i mentioned before music as an unique language but as well based on the cultur in which one has been born

you by yourself being born in europe and now living in canada - both being part of the western concept of music - but loving japan having a pentatonical music concept

maybe this thread should be moved to the music board?

[edit on 14-9-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Tsk, Tsk... kids today with their hair and their clothes.
What about the older Grays? ever stop to think what
they'd like? No... you just pull on a T-shirt and type away
without a thought for the aged aliens who may have to gum
their food from Dulce and look through the saucer windows
at the blue forests of Reticuli and mumble "eeh... this used to
be all trees when I was a young'un"

So on behalf on the wrinkled duffers of the galaxy, I recommend:

Frank Sinatra
Bing Crosby
The Swingle Singers
Max Bygraves
and that charming man Billy Joel.

Well, back to my knitting.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
reply to post by mbkennel

but even deaf people are able to feel basses and get the rhythem!
it is neither proofed that they communicate via telepathic methods nor that they aren.t able to hear or what.s about music in space.

@HanyouSpirit
i don.t think it is a waste of time or a waste of space
certainly we can.t decide what kind of music a species likes we don.t know / don.t really know?
but nevertheless we can talk about it
we can talk about different conecpts of music and how people might react on them
and therefore with all we might know about aliens extrapolate how those - if they are existing -might react on them
or maybe aliens are just humans from the future
and therefore they like our music - as i mentioned before music as an unique language but as well based on the cultur in which one has been born

you by yourself being born in europe and now living in canada - both being part of the western concept of music - but loving japan having a pentatonical music concept

maybe this thread should be moved to the music board?

[edit on 14-9-2008 by orange-light]

i know, you did no wrong ^_^.

But yea, let's keep it here, as it is about what music aliens may like ^_^. U never know what they can dig... hehe.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think aliens would like something like Classical music ...beethoven,mozart,bach...or maybe they could listen to music that changes their mood, like how we have binaural beats and hemi-sync..they might have a more advanced music system that changes their moods instantly or maybe even helps them heal!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
every alien ive met Violently threw up when i showed them trance! but that could just be because they didnt know what a Cd was and ate it thinking it was food......

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IronMan

Ain't that the truth?

I suspect that several levels of the mothership is devoted to Swing, Big Band and MUZAC almost exclusively.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think everyone knows that the #1 artist on the alien charts is Ziltoid the Omniscient

Ziltoid, from the planet Ziltoidia 9, travels to Earth in search for "the ultimate cup of coffee", in order for him to succeed time travel

Sample Ziltoids tunes and a few videos here

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have here some actual top secret government footage of a bar on a distant planet known only as mos eisly. It has live music and everything!

see for your self

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-9-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bonaire

Bonaire, you beat me to it.

Yes, of course Aliens are Rush fans. Very highly technical...very un-emotional (by pop standards, anyway). And certainly aliens would love the rotiserrie range Geddy Lee uses (instead of bass cabinets).

In addition to "Natural Science", consider "Alien Shore".

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would think that they probally listen to heavy metal like Metallica or something along those lines.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join