It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Music Aliens may like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Konnichiwa ^_^,

I was just wondering if maybe anyone here has considered the question, "What music do you think aliens like, and what music do you think they'd have?"

I have always felt that TRANCE is Something ET may like.

What do you guys think?

P.S - purely speculative and imaginative ^_^ - Be Nice, Arrigato Gozaimas

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I'd say GOA! It's music known to send out positive vibes =)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
i sometimes find it very difficult to decide what kind of music my son or my neighbor might like - coz there are so many different styles of music on earth, and each style differs also with the performing artist
so how can one speculate what an alien might like?

if they are able to create different technology than we they might also be able to create different music or different art!
but on the otherhand i belive that music is kind of unique language, so maybe music will help to understand each other
music is able to create emotions, and through emotions communication is much easier - most times!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Konnichiwa ^_^,

I just guess for now ^_^, and hope im right
. On the other hand, I can't be sure of what music they may like or have themselves.

Knowing this, i am giving it my best guess based on the sounds, wonders, and chilling vocals and connections TRANCE can have on a person, or group of people
. I imagine it could connect with aliens and their beliefs, like it does with us ^_^. Then again any music can do this, just TRANCE is a favorite of mine.

So i ask you to give your best guess, if that's all you can give

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
hope this helps

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
ok if trance is you fav and you decide from that
i thinkt they will like pop, jazz, irish music and scotish bagpipe - coz that is my fav music

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Any advanced species is going to like Tool and Nine Inch Nails. Otherwise, why would they be advanced?...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Psy trance...

Trust me!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Definately not anything from Alanis Morrisette or Avril Lavigne...

If we broadcast any of those two's material into space, it may be a declaration of war!

...never know, caution people.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Any advanced species is going to like Tool
and Nine Inch Nails. Otherwise, why would they be advanced?...

Star for you!

What else could they like?

SlipKnot? They may like the resemblence?

Fox.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
dutch folk music

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Disco without a doubt. Look at their spaceships with all the flashing coloured lights. You can bet your bell-bottoms they got Sister Sledge pumpin' out inside those things.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
hillarious
now i know what everybody on this thread likes

star for wecomeinpeace for the wonderful "evidence!"

ok but irish music gets them dance and drink and than we can sit all together - earthlings and aliens - in a pub
cheers

or maybe they like it harder

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ice house

Pearl Jam esp black,even flow

David Meece

Amy Grant

Beethovin (spellin)

Singular Bell

def not doof doof ...

www.youtube.com...
cheers

[edit on 13/9/08 by ROO-meh]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
Definately not anything from Alanis Morrisette or Avril Lavigne...

Bah! Alanis Morrisette is awesome!

Plus she is God isn't she?...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
For some reason i always picked Daft Punk as an alien-type band
LOLLLL
At the beginning of Around the World/ Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Live) - think giant prey mantis

my sister's idea...

or MUSE. Listen to Bliss.

nuff said.

[edit on 13/9/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au

Star for you!

What else could they like?

SlipKnot? They may like the resemblence?

Fox.

Thanks

I think aliens would also like Depeche Mode, Incubus, A Perfect Circle, and Portishead

Except the Greys
They like Justin Timberlake, Coldplay, and 3 Doors Down, cuz they suck.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i think thinking about this type of topic on a "human level" will get you nowhere

like.. asking what "genre" they'd "like" is about as bass ackwards as asking what type of ape-toy I like... the termite feeding twig.. or the clam slamming rock...

I would think that whatever harmonic auditory vibrance that ANY advanced civilization would "enjoy" would be one that is mathematically prcise in it's harmonization with the genetic operations of the organism the being's spirit is inhabiting...

harmonizing frequencies that cause pleasure and healing and inspiration to higher thought.

the ONLY types of earthly music that i think would come close to those types of aspects of pleasurable auditory works would be the majority of the masters of classical music and some trance techno music as well as new age world music.

but I'm sure they've developed it to a much higher science just like anything else..

but if you're asking if they like "bubble gum pop" or "folk" or "rap"

then.. i's say that they'd just look at those for scientific data about the civilizations progress.. nto so much for complete absolving enjoyment..
more as a cultural study.. or data upkeep.

i think most of our music is complete chit.

and i'm not even a bit gan of trance of classical or new age...

i listen to hard rock.

(just like condaleeza rice)

I think they have mastered the art of "music" and combined it with vibrations of many different levels of electromagnetic energy simultaneously with sound, to the point where it is an all encompassing experience for the use of soothing and restoration, inspiration and healing the likes of witch we cannot even yet fathom.

-

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Any advanced species is going to like Tool and Nine Inch Nails. Otherwise, why would they be advanced?...

I concur!!!! stars for you

I have wonderd this, and have come to some conclusions that It should sound terribly out of tune to us, as the chance that they would use the same pitch mesuments as us is slim maybe, our ears would not be tuned correctly to recognize the notes, and vice versa,

also there is the possability they they have no ears!! haah! so.

as for instruments, I would guess them to be totally different to ours, but still work in a similar way,

as for what it could sound like, my guess is a s good as yours.
they will still probly have a beat, as the foundation though as thats the simplest forms of music and even our cavemen used stickes and bashed them in succsession.

maybe they'll leave a demo tape in a crop circle or somthin?

as for what Music they might find intresting of ours.. I would say Aphex twin

[edit on 13-9-2008 by TrentReznor]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
according to irvine welsh (the novelist that wrote trainspotting) they like bouncey techno and gabber... esspecialy dj lenny dee.

it is mentioned in a short story in his book "Children Of Albion Rovers"

(btw, i know its just a bit of fun. but i wouldove to think that aliens like the same sort of music i do, well, used to, im all speedcore and hiphop these days, and i bet they would love that as well!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join