It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Music Aliens may like?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Intergalactic...
www.youtube.com...
Beastie Boys kick arse, how could they not enjoy it??

Edit:That video wont post so theres the link. Anyone know how to get that video working?

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Steve B]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I would say by my best guess, aliens would like classical music. Beethoven, Mozart, Pachelbel, and other symphonies. Classical music is something aliens would enjoy most, not a metal song sung by Slipknot, it would be to harsh. Some of the old rock and roll like Led Zepline, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, Credence Clearwater Revival, would be maybe the old rock and roll aliens would prefer.

The classical music is much more pleasing for aliens i would think.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Everyone knows aliens love jungle and dubstep.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I totally agree with you Quikflix i am sure they would dig Led Zeppelin.
You think they would like Pink Floyd or Isis too?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I really don't think there is any way to know or even guess what they would like or listen to. HOWEVER it has been said that trance is a tool of awakening some of the "junk dna" strands that are currently inactive in the human genome. I don't know if there is anything to that or not, but it has been suggested. On the other hand I have heard some "contactees" claim that they listen to the music of the universe.. like the sounds planets make and such. Again, don't know if there is anything to that but it makes some sense.. but there it is.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

lol I don't know how much they love it, but I do!

Don't Fear the Reaper.. Needs more cowbell!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I dragged out a lot of my old music collection .. and I think they would like a little bit of Julie Andrews "The Sound of Music " played down low with a cup of tea and a BEX powder... and a long sit down on the patio.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalek
hope this helps

Nice one. Star for you !!! My 2p worth on what ailens would like. Hmm maybe some New Age stuff like Enya. she is good. Classical music perhaps? or maybe they will just rock to Meatloaf, or Bon Jovi!! Hold on i've got it. The Carpenters!!! After all they did sing Calling Inteplantary Occupants !! (Which joking apart i beleive will be broadcast when First Contact really does happen)

Fun thread. Thanks for the laughs !!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think they would like music that was created by one of their own... So I would have to go with.

Michael Jackson!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would definitely have to say TRANCE. When I listen to trance I don't think of boyfriend breaking my heart or looking hot in da club. I get high from trance, it alters the state of mind. It puts your mind into Alpha state, at least according to this.

Read up about brain activity here.

At least if aliens wanted us to communicate with them, they would expect us to use trance/meditation to do so. I doubt Britney and Tool have the same effect. Trance seems to have an organized pattern of beats to it, unlike chaotic rock/metal.

Here's some of the songs I think aliens would like:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Here, look at my YouTube account for more trance music. (I'm a huge fan of trance )

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9/13/2008 by EternalThought]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ROO-meh

HEY! You’re not that guy that KO’d Skippy are you! :O
Naw, only teasing.
Anyway...

Aliens love GUSTER

lol

First one who gets why - gets a star

[edit on 13-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think if they liked hard rock, they would enjoy a group out of England from the 70's and 80's called ...UFO
They were a great band!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I suspect that many or most of the EBEs are a hivemind, and if that is true, I wonder if they can experience an emotion such as "enjoyment". Would they appreciate art and beauty, music and inspiration, poetry? Perhaps that's what THEY find so interesting about US.

If they do have a compilation of auditory or telepathically-perceived "notes" that they like, I would guess it to be a somewhat mathematical arrangement, balanced and boring (to us)..... perhaps a fractal composition.

A little off-topic -- I'm struck by how I perceive a big difference in our ages on this thread, and yet our musical tastes are all so compatible. Nobody but you folks and my Bride knows I'm a closet Toolhead. Rage Against the Machine, STP, etc. etc. a'course, my roots are in Punk. (rock&roll ya pukes!)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
defenitely fly me to the moon-frank sinatra

no seriously I don't have a clue......music is so human and so "civilized".
We don't even know how they exactly communicate, do we?

But if I have to gamble I go for Madonna.....everybody likes Madonna

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Actually the music in the band Tool is arranged mathematically. The drum beats, are actually well thought out, to represent geometric and numeric algerithyms. Now the aliens may like this, or they may enjoy anything that is in tune and has cool key changes with cool beats.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Aliens may not like music, or even have the ability to recognize it for what it is. Evolution granted humans the ability to create and enjoy music. These same quirks of evolution may not have occured in alien species.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

dam right, if noone knows what dubstep is a suggest you look it up

proper alien music zooop zoooop

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is going to turn into a very, very long thread (maybe).

But the answer is obvious. It has been documented!

Alien music

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

this one seems most acceptable of what's posted here until now

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join