It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Music Aliens may like?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm sure E.T's love to listen to techno and trance before they bust out the glow sticks, and pop a few hits of- Well, erm...

I'm postivie John Lear once said all the Alien intelligence the universe only enjoys one song, and one song only:

Platinum Blonde- It Doesn't Really Matter.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
ambient music,psyambient,electronic.
As it's their music they like it for sure.
If we take a a truth that nowdays computer technology is coming from backengineering of ufos crashes then electronic music is an alien music.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

nice sound, what is it? The happy alien combo??

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway

nice sound, what is it? The happy alien combo??

Star Wars. Cantina scene.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Megadeth: Hangar 18, Return to Hangar

Blink 182: Aliens Exist

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

i think thinking about this type of topic on a "human level" will get you nowhere

like.. asking what "genre" they'd "like" is about as bass ackwards as asking what type of ape-toy I like... the termite feeding twig.. or the clam slamming rock...

I would think that whatever harmonic auditory vibrance that ANY advanced civilization would "enjoy" would be one that is mathematically prcise in it's harmonization with the genetic operations of the organism the being's spirit is inhabiting...

harmonizing frequencies that cause pleasure and healing and inspiration to higher thought.

the ONLY types of earthly music that i think would come close to those types of aspects of pleasurable auditory works would be the majority of the masters of classical music and some trance techno music as well as new age world music.

but I'm sure they've developed it to a much higher science just like anything else..

but if you're asking if they like "bubble gum pop" or "folk" or "rap"

then.. i's say that they'd just look at those for scientific data about the civilizations progress.. nto so much for complete absolving enjoyment..
more as a cultural study.. or data upkeep.

i think most of our music is complete chit.

and i'm not even a bit gan of trance of classical or new age...

i listen to hard rock.

(just like condaleeza rice)

I think they have mastered the art of "music" and combined it with vibrations of many different levels of electromagnetic energy simultaneously with sound, to the point where it is an all encompassing experience for the use of soothing and restoration, inspiration and healing the likes of witch we cannot even yet fathom.

Apparently, the aliens taught man about music, using the Solfeggio tuning system, or harmonics. This Solfeggio has some amazing effects on people, affecting moods and healing, and learning. And what else, I don't know. But the Catholic Church didn't like this, so they switched harmonics to our current tuning. So the new frequencies don't have the effect on listeners. Look up Solfeggio on a search engine. Interesting.

-

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Everyone knows they would be listening to Shpongle!

Simon Posford is probably an alien playing future music.
Here's a clip from a concert I recorded last year...

Shpongle - Around the World in a Tea Daze LIVE Version 2007
www.youtube.com...

There are a few other videos I have up from that night.
I may as well put those links up too...

Younger Brother - I Am A Freak - LIVE Seattle 2007
www.youtube.com...

Hallucinogen - Shabby Trance - Live - Seattle 2007
www.youtube.com...

Koxbox - Live - Seattle 2007
www.youtube.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I would think that whatever harmonic auditory vibrance that ANY advanced civilization would "enjoy" would be one that is mathematically prcise in it's harmonization with the genetic operations of the organism the being's spirit is inhabiting...

Uh no.

In the mid 20th century, lots of (modernist classical) music was made which was mathematically precise, complex and "interesting" on paper.

People preferred Tchaikovsky and Elvis.

Knowing a little neurobiology, I'd bet that if ETs don't regularly communicate with auditory language and speaking, they'd be unable to distinguish any music from noise in any intuitive sense.

Music wouldn't exist as a phenomenon without a complex auditory organ and major neurobiology evolved to devote complex thoughts from it.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Geogaddi by Boards Of Canada, if anyone hasn't heard this album then you should seriously check it out. It's like really spaced out electronica.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanyouSpirit
Konnichiwa ^_^,

I was just wondering if maybe anyone here has considered the question, "What music do you think aliens like, and what music do you think they'd have?"

I have always felt that TRANCE is Something ET may like.

What do you guys think?

P.S - purely speculative and imaginative ^_^ - Be Nice, Arrigato Gozaimas

What a bizarre post!

If aliens do have such a concept as "music" I would be 100% sure they would not appreciate anything that the human race has created.
We like our own music for many social and cultural reasons. Even to another group of humans, for example that tribe who we have recently found in the Amazon, a genre such as "Trance" would possibly not even be music as they define it. They would possibly not even recognise the melody.

For example, people in the middle east listen to a particular type of music, which uses a particular scale. To us, this scale seems off key and wrong but to them it seems as melodic as Mozart! (that isn't to say I don't appreciate Middle Eastern music, I think it is often beautiful) Someone else should be able to expand on that, as it is really interesting but to someone brought up strickly on Indian music, Ode to Joy would seem completely off key and un-musical.

Now, we haven't even considered (or at least I haven't, yet, in my post, others may have done in an earluer post) the biological differences between us and "them". We react to sound in a very specific way, due to the way sound waves hit our ear drum and how the electrical signal is pfrom that. There is nothing at all to suggest that an Alien creature would be in any way biologically similar to us. Even if they were in some way humanoid (like the Greys).

Finally, are we to think that all alien species are in no way individualistic? Do a poll here to find how many members of ATS think that "Trance" music is their favourite genre and I would bet it would be under 5%. So why would you think a whole Alien race or species would not have similarly varied taste?

Hehe. I can't believe I have spent so long replying to this idea! I do think that the theories of Alien culture are infinately interesting, though! It would be great to get hold of some kind of Alpha Centurai Hit Parade!! (Bloody hell! "Hit parade"?! I'm really showing my age there! I bet hardly anyone knows what the "hit parade" was!)

Apologies for being so long winded.

P.s. Are you really Japanese or are you just one of those Westerners who wishes they were Japanese?

EDIT: This thread is just a cheeky "post your favourite bands" thread, isn't it? Very crafty!

All this thread is is people suggesting good aliens will like their favourite music or suggesting bad aliens will like their most hated music.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wouldn't they have to have evolved in a medium that sound waves can travel through. If not, then ears would not be required right? AND- Isn't it commonly thought that they communicate telepathically? Doesn't this again point to a being that evolved in an enviroment that is void of sound?

Even if their home planet has some kind of an atmosphere, they still may not be able to hear the frequency range that humans can. Ants & other insects send out waves to communicate that we cannot detect, and we both evolved in the same place!

I bet they cannot hear us naturally. Some kind of Cochlear implant device would be required, which I'm sure they would be capable of producing once they detected the waves.

They must have manufactured such a device because WCIP is right with the lights/Sister Sledge thing. . . Maybe some George Clinton/Parlament? (It's a long trip.)

2PacSade-

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The aliens must enjoy Rush. What technical-minded folks don't like Rush?

Plus, Neil Peart (drummer of Rush) was born on the same day that the UFO sightings known as The Flatwoods Monster (western Pennsylvania) was happening - Sept 12, 1952. Just north of there is Saint Catherines, Ont - his hometown.

Just read the lyrics of Rush's "Natural Science". Kind of sums up our universe.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This thread is great. Since no one made a probing joke, I'll take it to the gutter and go with Sir Mixalot.
www.youtube.com...

Although, I do have to say In a Gadda Da Vida is the first one I thought of for some reason. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
WOW!!!, soo many replies ^_^, o goodie

First let me answer the question about my origin. I am actually from Finland originally, so i am scandinavian, i used to know german, but now i am an english canadian kind of guy, who wishes he was born in japan XD.

Japan is just so awesome, and yes, i try to live in japanese style as much as possible

Anyways, back to the topic.

I have some music i think they could really get into.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

If nothing else, I have just given you guys some nice music
. But i have a feeling that this kind of music goes well up there ^_^, just a hunch.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i think an alien would be interested in what we like as a people. if they where to ask ME, "what is rock and roll?" i would show them this:
www.youtube.com...
the who's "a quick one while hes away" from the rolling stones rock and roll circus.... that is what music is all about (IMHO)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
in my mind there is no question. I can see the greys getting down to Parliament Funkadelic.

Parliment Funkadelic's "Mothership"

Parliment Funkadelic's "Flashlight"

[edit on 13-9-2008 by jwstarry]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
space lord by monster magnet:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
here is another new song by back-on , not sure if i posted it above already, but here it is.

www.youtube.com...

This one i can see as being complex enough to entertain ETS

[edit on 13-9-2008 by HanyouSpirit]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

I'd like for you to rethink your position. DEVO is clearly the choice of ET's. I believe their favoirte song is called "Going Under" and whenever DEVO refers to "mutants" "Spuds" or "boojie-boy", they are talking about aliens among us. IMHO

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The Wipers - "Nobody Wants an Alien"

Dinosaur Jr.- "Out There"

Meat Puppets - "Aurora Borealis" or "New Gods"

Michael Michael Motorcycle - "Intergalactic Elephant"

Electric Wizard - "Eko Eko Azarak"

The Psychodelic Spiral "Thee Space Maiden"

and trance....gosh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>