It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye all, LHC going live tomorrow

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL
Don't worry...

I heard they created a Restore Point so if anything bad happens they can just hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and and reboot the Earth in Safe-Mode, LOL.

That is funny.

I sure hope the LHC isn't running on the Vista OS.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess31

It's only turned on...

First particles are not to collide until Oct 21st..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

I wonder, then, what this September 11th will be like. Psychedelic maybe? Haha! Seriously, I'm a bit nervous. I think they've already been secretly testing it, and that's why so many people have felt odd lately. Deja Vu, time slips, and all that "hokey" stuff.

I agree, I created this thread: Time Slip a couple of weeks ago...strange.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I will personally guarantee that the world will still be here on january 1st, 2013. there is nothing at all to worry about. But if you don't believe me, go out and charge up all your credit cards, but a house and a car, stimulate the economy. We might as well have lots of cool stuff before we get swallowed up by the "Black Hole". Please folks, don't believe for one second that the world is going to end. And remember, you have my personal guarantee.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So here it is almost noon, 8 hours after LHC went live, so tell me, how long does a black hole take to swallow a planet? I mean I thought it would be all over by now

Another bad prediction down the drain

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hmm...

Still here...

And seriously, coliding particles doesnt cause natural disturbances in a controlled envoronment. This has been happening for years. If what you say is true then we are already dead.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
So here it is almost noon, 8 hours after LHC went live, so tell me, how long does a black hole take to swallow a planet? I mean I thought it would be all over by now

Another bad prediction down the drain

its not happened yet whatukno. they do the colliding in october, today was just the switching on. nothing will proberbly happen, but its to soon to say the doomsayers were wrong. sure they are wrong the world will end today. but we have to wait till october to see if a blackhole is created from the colliding.

which it proberbly won't, but there is hoping. humans are a digrace the universe would'nt miss us.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So it's been turned on lol, and nothing's happened.
You look pretty dumb now lol.
Oh well.
I was kind of looking forward to the end of earth...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
particles have not collided yet. That's due for next month's tests. Today's tests was just to send the particles around the machine in both directions (separately) to make sure they can send the beam all the way around.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
my clock just jumped 1 hour and 20 something minutes after cern test this really is a time machine and a syncroniser when hooked up to the grid
my name is Veto and I remeber everything I said if this thing was a success and it was we all deserve ourselfs a pat on the back and world wide rave party
so ladies and gentleman here are the flyers for the PARTY! & AFTERPART!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Any yet we see another reason ATS is killing ATS....another prediction made here that has come to pass....

No black holes, nothing, nadda, zilch......

Oh well, better luck next time.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is why I MUST recommend that some of you see a psychiatrist. This is just ridiculous. We were NEVER in any danger and we won't be in any danger in 2012.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterRegal

Or maybe just maybe.. WE all died today, and we are just ghosts going about our day, and we dont realize WE ARE all dead!!!

We are going to go about our days thinking we are still alive when we all died last night about 3:30am my time. Our energy was not ready to deal with the fact we where all blinked out! So our ghosts are going to live the rest of our lives!! How bout that one! LOL

Disclaimer.. that was a joke.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Regardless of all the doom and gloom, LHC is based of E=MC2. And what did we get from that little deal? the Atomic bomb!

I have to feel that the true reason to LHC is to create a new level of weaponry this world has never seen!
Humans have always tried to perfect ways of killing eachother, Why stop now when we will have the power of atoms to destory eachother.

Thats right folks you heard it here, I belive LHC is going to be used for evil means, and create a new breed of bomb!
They want to create something so powerful! And smashing atoms and digging down to find what energies are released.

We go back to the time of stones, and rocks. Only this time its much more advanced! Why humans always want to smash and break things is beyond me.. But its just human to want to SMASH!

SMASH!! BREAK! And now we are doing it at the sub atomic level!

What we find will be nothing short of amazing! And yes it can be used for good, but remember folks. Everything can be used for evil means too!

Lets hope they dont make a new bomb out of this stuff.. Or that could spell trouble for many people who are on the exploding side of the bomb!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Yeah! We are all just ghosts and we all know that ghosts can fly, right?? So jump out of your windows! Drive your cars off of a bridge! Let's do this right!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I wonder if the beam circulation tests today were a success? i'm looking forward to the The collisions on Oct 21st? Just thought of something is this Oct 14th 2008 Event have something to do the LHC??? they could be coming to stop the LHC collisions take place? intervene???

[edit on 10/9/08 by free_spirit_earth]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join