It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye all, LHC going live tomorrow

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If the collider actually performs as designed, it could be one of the greatest scientific advances in 200 years (or more). I realize that most non-scientists don't understand the importance of this, and that's okay, but do we really have to act like we were all born in a thirteenth-century Carpathian village? In the twenty-first century, there is no reason to let your life be ruled by superstition and ignorance. Throw your "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" DVD's away and get a subscription to Scientific American.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
when i heard about this about an hour ago i was SO SCARED.i was once a member on this forum.and im really glad that the forum is still on and the best place for people who are interested in this stuff.

i just though i should do some stuff before i die,but now that i readed on,im not 100% sure were going to die.as they explained the black holes they can create are eve now in nature and are more powerfull.
plus i dont think any country government or religion even terorists would let this experiment to go,it will probably be sabotaged and FOR THE BEST OF IT.
theres still a pretty big chance of apocalypse.but they have dont this stuff in secret before and were still alive.so if theyr giving it on the news i guess i shouldnt be so worried,but still i dont look forward to starting new job until 21 octomber

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
People that post on here of DOOM AND GLOOM pertaining to the LHC clearly do not have a basic understanding of physics and are nothing more then DRAMA QUEENS! If you are so afraid of the LHC please by all means leave the gene pool, what we don't need is a surge of low IQ people in the gene pool.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Do some research guys. Did anybody notice that their tentative date for final testing is 12/21/2012. Happens to be the end of the mayan calendar as well. Just an observation.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

Hear hear! It is interesting that all of the prophets of doom seem to have vanished! Now, wherever could they be...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by timelike]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
reply to post by Office 4256

Hear hear! It is interesting that all of the prophets of doom seem to have vanished! Now, wherever could they be...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by timelike]

They must of been sucked up by one of those tiny black holes. What a shocker another prediction on ATS didnt come true.
HAS THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER DESTOYED THE WORLD YET WEBSITE

[edit on 10-9-2008 by tide88]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by tide88]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They haven't actually smashed anything with the LHC yet have they? Aren't they just turning it on and getting it up to speed?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's not 2012 yet! Remember those crazy Mayans and their calender?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Why PPL get so bent outa shape about this thing I really don't know.

I can't say what will or will not happen.

But honestly, if this thing was going to destroy the universe (or even just Earth or our Solar System), Don't you think some entities out there would put a total stop to it & give us a slap on the wrists for being naughty children?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CzErased
People People!!!!

Tomorrow its just a test, the real thing is happening on October 20th - get your facts right before you panic.

STOP THE NON-SENSE.

Actually the real thing will not happen for another year. The LHC will not attain Full Power until later on in 2009. I overheard Michio Kaku speaking about it on FoxNews about 30 minutes ago. He even went on to speak about how Ronald Reagan had set into motion the process for having an even larger, more powerful Collider to be built in Texas, but Congress killed it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

lol sorry, but if there is the slightest possibility the experiment could go wrong i don't think waiting untill october is going to solve anything.
its fine untill october then. what do we do in october?

i don't really care anyway to be honest, if it dos'nt go wrong we are fine for the time being, not that the future looks bright. if it goes wrong then im happy with that to, i'd rather that happen than go through what future is starting to emerge in front of our eyes on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

Originally posted by Hardee
Well I didn't think I would be here saying this. As you all know the LHC goes live tomorrow at 8.30am my time and there's little we can do to stop it.

I'd just like to say, as a heartfelt person - in December 2007 I had a severe case of depression and a failed attempt at suicide which took me as low as one can. Thankfully in the last eight months I managed to recover and I managed to make those days the best of my life, I tried to treat every day like my last. But alas I am so sorry this had to happen. I hope whatever it in the next life, I can lead a happier one.

I am so sorry all our lives have to end, people playing with science was not meant to happen. The big bang will destroy what I believe is a freak planet, one where life is able to go on with the conditions exactly right for animal life. Us as humans had to destroy it, and for that we must pay the ultimate price.

?...these particles crash into each other all the time...we just cant take photos of them in the atmosphere...thats why we need this machine..to make them crash into each other in an exact place were we have placed 'cameras' to take images of what happens....

theres nothing happening in this machine that doesnt happen every day many many times....

im not sure wether to jump for joy with this news or hold my head in disapointment. but you are proberbly right.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardee

Well it's september 10th 2008 and the time is 10:25am and I am in NH, and as far as I know, I am still alive and kicking, so luckliy none of us was vaporized or thrown into a black hole!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess31
reply to post by Hardee

Well it's september 10th 2008 and the time is 10:25am and I am in NH, and as far as I know, I am still alive and kicking, so luckliy none of us was vaporized or thrown into a black hole!!!

Yep... I too noticed I am still alive. 0727 in Oregon, and Im still (as far as I know) on the same Earth, in the same dimension, and I have no scars to show that I may have made a recent trip through a black hole.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Watching the live feed now
webcast.cern.ch...

Im still here and imagine I will be in october as well.
They had a bit of trouble with the cryogenics with one of the accelerators but its fine now.

For something so historic I keep wanting to switch to I love Lucy.

Someone pointed out this video of worst case scenario. Its much more interesting than whats going on now.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
As soon as I heard about this project I thought I would come here for a laugh. I just knew someone would be talking about end of world lol. Sorry fellow, but you talk utter nonsense. I bet you have read all them Nostradamus books aswell. You know nothing about this project so you have concluded we are all going to die

[edit on 10-9-2008 by imagineyou]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by imagineyou]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Seabass, keep in mind thayt the idea is based on a theory, that is based on a theory. it's possible, but if it does happen, it coninuosly happens in our atmosphere as well. And, since i'm still here probably, I'm going to say it's not a huge threat.
You called me Seabass.... that is one for the books.

I prefer Grassmo.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join