It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Obama's religion? ("My Muslim faith")

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Obama just told George Stephanopolous "My Muslim faith...." If he is, I am not sure why he is hiding it.

It doesn't matter to me, but why hide it?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That sound bite doesn't prove enough to me. Maybe he was about to deny and say he has no Muslim faith.

Don't get me wrong I think the worst of him, but proof needs to be solid not just a sound bite of 13 seconds from the middle of an interview.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Obama's religion is the pyramid on the dollar bill.
Why do you think hes a distant relative of Dick Cheney?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
straight from the horses(ass)'s mouth, his muslim faith....

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Someone's been getting their information from Free Republic.

If anyone cares about the truth, context or reality, you can see the interview Here.

Hover over the video and choose the bottom line (Obama: McCain Has Suggested I am a Muslim):

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Someone's been getting their information from Free Republic.

Which is more accurate then getting information from the democratic underground.

TO the OP -

Obama's religion is whatever he thinks the crowd wants it to be at that particular time.

It's the religion of PANDER.

When he spent spring break in Pakistan ... was he a 'christian' while there or did he do the muslim thing?

When he is with the black liberation theology church ... is he a 'christian' or a black liberationist? Those are really two different things.

When he tells people in an internvew that he thinks the muslim call to prayer in the eveing is the 'most beautiful sound on earth' - is he Christian or Muslim or something else entirely?

Christian. Muslim. Black Liberation Theology. New Age. Nothing at all.

Whatever.

His religion is PANDER, which is fluid.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's another clip of the same interview. Notice how the ABC reporter quickly corrects him as to what his faith is. I guess Barack forgot momentarily that he's supposed to be a lifelong Christian..

[edit on 7-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
For you people to be in the land of the free i really have a hard time understand what his religious faith has to do with him running for Presisdent. I mean come on we are in the year 2008 and religion should not be an issue, like a child "out of wedlock" should not be an issue. Aim towards their core, their politics and keep out faith and family.

I know a lot US citizen are religious, but no matter what believe system you answer to, may itbe muslim, christian or jewish i recon, that all swear to uphold the good will towards all men and women, and to uphold peace.

Best regards

Loke.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Loke.]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

Hear, hear.

For everyone else: With respect, may I ask you to stop for just a moment, whichever "side" of this absurd discussion you occupy?

Could I ask you all to pause VERY briefly and think of exactly how proud you would be of this same conversation if you were to take either side of the "Eeek, don't listen, he's really a Muslim" hyperventilation, and simply replace it with a parallel "Eeek, don't listen, he's really a Jew!" hyperventilation, in regard to a similar situation with some other candidate for public office?

Would you teach your kids to talk like that?

Would you teach your kids to make decisions like that?

I don't blame him for getting tongue-tied. The absurdity of a major presidential candidate, in a supposedly secular society, having to repeatedly deny belonging to a "bad" religion, must have made his head swim for a moment. It's making mine swim. The naked religious bigotry of this part of the "debate" has to be one of the low points of this campaign.

PS: I'm a Muslim, by the way. Do I get to vote, or am I off the list as unqualified because of my religion?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Regardless, religion should not be a criteria for electing a president. Now i say this, but i would love to see a shamanic native american or buddhist or daoist president.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
LOL, ok so Obama actually misspoke and said Muslim when his faith is Christian.

Are you guys being serious? Surely you jest!

So when McCain misspeaks about something it's okay. Not because he's old, that'd be Ageism. It's okay because he's human! But when Obama says Muslim instead of Christian in a hard-hitting network interview, gets corrected AND acknowledges his correction by saying Christian, that's not okay. Why? Isn't he human to you guys?

And since we're on the idiotic topic of religion, I was watching an interview from a POW who with McCain for I believe 3 out of his 5 years. THAT guy said McCain was pretty apathetic about religion in general back then. Since then, McCain has become an Evangelican Christian. WHY do you think he has this new found love for christ? The same reason Barack attended Wright's church for 20 years, but not really. It's all about political connections in high-powered churches.

Stop acting like idiots.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Besides, i dont know why everyone here is so afraid of muslims, when america has more fundamentalists (christians) than any other country in the world, and indeed, when our christian fundamentalist country has killed more people than any muslim country as well. I see we have been involved in enforcing coups in muslim countries, in stirring them up to war against each other, and indeed are involved in war with two of them now....not to mention our numerous other wars with countries full of buddhists, and indeed other christians. Our imposition of about 25 dictatorships and despots in other countries. Our attempts at assasination of other countries leaders. What muslim country can claim the same?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
For you people to be in the land of the free i really have a hard time understand what his religious faith has to do with him running for Presisdent. I mean come on we are in the year 2008 and religion should not be an issue, like a child "out of wedlock" should not be an issue. Aim towards their core, their politics and keep out faith and family.

His being a Muslim is not the issue, the issue is that he has repeatedly lied about it to the American public. He even states on his web site that he has never been a Muslim.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
Regardless, religion should not be a criteria for electing a president.

The issue is not his religion.

For months people have claimed he was Muslim. For months he vehemently denied it. This is from his website:

SMEAR: Barack Obama is secretly a Muslim

Barack is a committed Christian who was sworn into the Senate on his family bible, but unscrupulous right-wing operatives are repeating the lie that he was raised a Muslim. These assertions are completely false and designed to play into the worst kind of stereotypes.

TRUTH: Senator Obama is a committed Christian. He has never been Muslim, and was not raised in that faith.

Sounds a bit like Hillary Clinton when she accused the evil right-wing conspiracy of making up the stories about Bill and Monica. If he is of Muslim faith and the people who claimed this were correct, then he owes an apology to those he called "unscrupulous right-wing operatives."

And why is it a "smear" to say he was raised a Muslim anyway? Isn't categorizing that claim a "smear" really an insult to Muslims?

Source

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
LOL, ok so Obama actually misspoke and said Muslim when his faith is Christian.

Are you guys being serious? Surely you jest!

So when McCain misspeaks about something it's okay. Not because he's old, that'd be Ageism. It's okay because he's human! But when Obama says Muslim instead of Christian in a hard-hitting network interview, gets corrected AND acknowledges his correction by saying Christian, that's not okay. Why? Isn't he human to you guys?

Do you typically get confused as to what your religious beliefs are, and require someone to correct you? It's not like he was recalling some obscure fact from his past. Can we not even trust the words that come out of his own mouth now?

And since we're on the idiotic topic of religion, I was watching an interview from a POW who with McCain for I believe 3 out of his 5 years. THAT guy said McCain was pretty apathetic about religion in general back then. Since then, McCain has become an Evangelican Christian. WHY do you think he has this new found love for christ? The same reason Barack attended Wright's church for 20 years, but not really. It's all about political connections in high-powered churches.

Stop acting like idiots.

McCain has been pretty honest about his past, and has even said some pretty damning things about himself in interviews. It's a matter of character and credibility in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I imagine he is free to claim whatever religion he likes. If we had a say... jehovahs witness candidate claiming that they were christian, then im sure many catholics would stand up and say "hey, your not christian" and the debate would be on. The man obviously identifies himself as christian and that should be enough. If you disagree with his assessment thats YOUR issue. And dont be saying he's lieing unless you can point out proof.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
His being a Muslim is not the issue, the issue is that he has repeatedly lied about it to the American public. He even states on his web site that he has never been a Muslim.

He hasn't lied. As Jamie said, people have claimed that he's a Muslim as some sort of smear tactic. The people who are claiming this are lying.

Originally posted by jamie83
For months people have claimed he was Muslim.

It would be like saying McCain is gay, even though there's nothing to base it on. There's nothing wrong with being gay, but the fact is, he isn't. The TRUTH is, he isn't. Just as Obama isn't, and never has been, Muslim.

Originally posted by jamie83
And why is it a "smear" to say he was raised a Muslim anyway? Isn't categorizing that claim a "smear" really an insult to Muslims?

A smear tactic is started using false information with the hope that it will be seen as negative. Obama detractors HOPE that saying someone is Muslim will smear their good reputation. But the fact that they choose that information shows what THEY think of Muslims. They think something is wrong with Muslims or else they wouldn't use it as a smear. See how that works?

I'm sorry some don't seem to understand the video in context. Hopefully, others are on the ball enough to see it.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
I imagine he is free to claim whatever religion he likes. If we had a say... jehovahs witness candidate claiming that they were christian, then im sure many catholics would stand up and say "hey, your not christian" and the debate would be on. The man obviously identifies himself as christian and that should be enough. If you disagree with his assessment thats YOUR issue. And dont be saying he's lieing unless you can point out proof.
Do you need more proof than his own words, or do you think that's a Barack Obama double being interview?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He hasn't lied. As Jamie said, people have claimed that he's a Muslim as some sort of smear tactic. The people who are claiming this are lying.
So BH, are you saying that isn't Obama in the interview being corrected as to what his religion is?

It would be like saying McCain is gay, even though there's nothing to base it on. There's nothing wrong with being gay, but the fact is, he isn't. The TRUTH is, he isn't. Just as Obama isn't, and never has been, Muslim.
There's people that claim the same about Barack Obama, I think the guys name was Larry Sinclair. Whether he is being truthful or not is something only he and Obama know.

A smear tactic is started using false information with the hope that it will be seen as negative. Obama detractors HOPE that saying someone is Muslim will smear their good reputation. But the fact that they choose that information shows what THEY think of Muslims. They think something is wrong with Muslims or else they wouldn't use it as a smear. See how that works?
It's a video of him saying "His Muslim faith", how is that false information? There's nothing wrong with being a Muslim, but there is something wrong with intentionally lying about it. I think I've defended Muslims on a couple threads here, even though I got verbally bashed for doing so.

I'm sorry you don't understand the video in context. Hopefully, others are on the ball enough to see it.
Here we go with that lame out of context BS again.. Can't you come up with something different for a change?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

I think It's a video .. false information There's nothing wrong with .. intentionally lying .. even though I got verbally bashed for doing so.

Glad to see the side of reason emerging there LLoyd45

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join